AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 140 25.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 154 28.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 133 24.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 82 15.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.37%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-02, 21:36   Link #61
vision55

9/10.

It was great while it lasted from character development, emotional attachment, and mystery plot.

The areas that it was weak in was definitely music, and corny NUMBER 1--47 system. I just got tired of hearing all this power level stuff, because at one point thats all i read/herd. (i guess most anime/manga stuff have to do some sort of power ranking one way or another)
Old 2007-10-03, 14:36   Link #62
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
I rated it a 9/10

It was a great run while it lasted. The strong point was definitely the Teresa arc episodes 6 and 7. I remember watching episode 6 multiple times just to see that kickass scene where Noel and Sophia are first seen and defeat a whole bunch of yoma effortlessly. Those two episodes singlehandedly cemented Claymore as my favorite anime of the Spring season (at that point).

The weak points were the final few episodes and the implementation of the music. The last few episodes just didn't grab my attention as much as the earlier episodes did. Regarding the music, there were lots of times it felt like the accompanying BGM didn't belong in a certain scene.

I don't know if anyone said anything about character designs but I noticed that some characters looked slightly different from their manga counterparts, mainly Teresa and Jean. If you watch one of the promo trailers for Claymore, Teresa looked much more like her manga counterpart. I think it was the eyes...

Twitter
Old 2007-10-03, 15:47   Link #63
Elandyll

Excellent anime, that I now consider a classic.
Contrarily to many, who seem married to the manga and maybe having its children, I think MH has done an excellent job including the ending, the best possible imho considering the circumstances (slight problem with Raki, easily Patchable).
Easy 10/10 for me, specially when aside from that I have recently seen horrors (as in terrible) like Tokko or average (though ok-good) shows like Kaze no Stigma...

Here's to hope that MH gets to pick up more seasons some time in the future for Claymore!

Last edited by Elandyll; 2007-10-04 at 13:16.
Old 2007-10-03, 16:41   Link #64
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
9/10.

It was great while it lasted from character development, emotional attachment, and mystery plot.

The areas that it was weak in was definitely music, and corny NUMBER 1--47 system. I just got tired of hearing all this power level stuff, because at one point thats all i read/herd. (i guess most anime/manga stuff have to do some sort of power ranking one way or another)
Really? I thought Claymore had an excellent soundtrack, with background music that really set the mood, whether it be a fierce battle or a tragic flashback. The opening and ending theme were some of the better I've heard as well.
Old 2007-10-03, 17:51   Link #65
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Really? I thought Claymore had an excellent soundtrack, with background music that really set the mood, whether it be a fierce battle or a tragic flashback. The opening and ending theme were some of the better I've heard as well.
Might be referring to the almost comical placement of background music. I mean, a light and happy piece plays in the middle of the teresa/priscilla battle and it made me laugh out loud. True you should be happy that teresa is kickin butt, but the music is almost whimsical. If you hear the music out of context and it is good, but they place it in weird spots.

Old 2007-10-03, 18:21   Link #66
MinoriZ
★~DESU~★

Animation Quality: 9
Voice Actors: 10
Script: 7
Editing: 9
Emotional Involvement: 6

Overall rating: 8.2

Claymore as an anime was really well done in my opinion. The animation was really well done and not half assed as some of the other action type animes do during the fighting scenes. The plot and character development were okay, not necessarily the greatest but it was still good enough for me to watch religiously every week.
Old 2007-10-03, 18:54   Link #67
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

My final verdict: 86/100

Music could had been both improved upon and varied its choices of musical tracks as my most major complaint.

Overall, great story and a positive development for the characters.

Ending good and decent after watching the last episode about four times.
Raki at last said words that meant to Clare so that she could relate and identify with.

Clare finally smiled after staying stoic throughout most of the series.
Old 2007-10-04, 08:28   Link #68
bmoredragon

I gave claymore 9/10

I like the beginning so much action it was the first time since my anime watching since I have seen it (action). it blew me away to see all that was going on and anticipation was great but like most of the rest of the comments the ending died pretty hard and the ending was what I thought but who knows maybe they will revive the series with a new one and make that one as bad ass as the start of this one.
Old 2007-10-04, 14:12   Link #69
BaalChaamon

Watching the first 4 episodes showed a painfully slow story development, I was getting rather bored but somehow kept on watching, possibly in hope to see more Claymores and find out how they actually come about...when the Theresa arc kicked in I was immediatly hooked on it. The emotional involvment and character development was great from there onwards up untill the last two episodes. I lost interest in the series after Rigardo showed his hairy ass on the battle field and dragged the fight out over 3 episodes if im not mistaken...almost Naruto-style!

Overall I would give the series an 8/10. Amen
Old 2007-10-04, 14:23   Link #70
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaalChaamon View Post
Watching the first 4 episodes showed a painfully slow story development, I was getting rather bored but somehow kept on watching, possibly in hope to see more Claymores and find out how they actually come about...when the Theresa arc kicked in I was immediatly hooked on it. The emotional involvment and character development was great from there onwards up untill the last two episodes. I lost interest in the series after Rigardo showed his hairy ass on the battle field and dragged the fight out over 3 episodes if im not mistaken...almost Naruto-style!

Overall I would give the series an 8/10. Amen

The fight with rigaldo was pretty much about 2 eps and a tad bit more.
Naruto style is 10-20 eps actually. Plus if it was naruto style they would of talked for 30 mins after every single move they did.
Old 2007-10-05, 23:28   Link #71
Tomislav

I voted 9/10.

I really liked the show, and I agree with those who think that with a different ending the rate could have been 10/10.

This anime makes its strongest point in getting a lot of people to read the manga. And as I just said, has its weakest spot in its ending, which balances between the will to give a true end to the show and the desire to leave some doors open for a second season.

I would have done things differently: I would have Priscilla killing Raki and Clare killing Priscilla, for example. I would have insisted more on Clare's "bankai" instead of putting Teresa's rolling head again and again on the screen.

And I would have just made an introduction to season 2 sticking to the manga and providing a different ending to season 1, if a season 2 would ever come out.

But the show had some very intense moments, with Teresa and Ophelia for example, and I had true moment of pain throughout the serie.

I also enjoyed the opening and the closing music, a little less the bgm, even if it did its job.

So I can say that Claymore was of the best shows I saw for this season, and pretty unique in its kind.
Old 2007-10-06, 01:30   Link #72
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

First 22 episodes.. epic win.. after that epic fail.

22/26 = 84.6% max score.

Belittling any buildup for character development.
- Irene's reason to go hiding due to Pris's enourmous power now feel so cheap. the weakling Clare could and would have beheaded her without fully awaken. -5%
- Org plotline is left open end with no closure at all. Might as well go for an absolute open end ending like the Pieta arc in the manga IMO. -5%
- Introduce plot holes, while it didnt detract much ( ie who the hell buried all those claymore that Raki found) did do enough damage to the overall score
- Riful arc now adds to nothing but to introduced Isley, not even the 3rd one is introduced.
- Power level up to Clare felt so cheap. And Pris nerfage is a disgrace.
- Anime Raki.

Conclusion... Not wasting my time and money buying the DVD =.=
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-10-06, 03:37   Link #73
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
22 eps of 26 is pretty good in my opinion. Don't see why you won't purchase the DVD. hahahah
Old 2007-10-06, 03:43   Link #74
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well..

It scores better then Code Geas, which I didnt even finish watching up till this time >.>

As it is now, only Gurren Lagan and Seirei no Moribito that definitely the vote >.< And Potemayo, if I can find them >_<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-10-07, 01:03   Link #75
Shadow X
Stargazing

Gave it a 9/10.

Nice anime, lots of action and I like the anime ending even though I read the manga.

Wish they would make a season two but eh, maybe that is impossible. Only time will tell. :s
Old 2007-10-08, 16:12   Link #76
vuori
The red fish is wisdom

I gave it 7/10. I don't usually watch monster/battle series, but after a friend's recommendation this caught my interest.

The relationships and the psychotic personalities of the Claymores were certainly most interesting. This was, unfortunately, largely offset by completely pointless monsters and baddies whose repertoire was pretty much limited to "growl" and "I want to eat guts". The organization shows some promise as a baddie should a second season happen, as does Easley, but in general I'd really like to see baddies with more complex motives than "likes eating guts". Why do they like it so much anyway?

After the Claymores in Pieta started getting along with each other, things started dragging pretty badly. The "sword that goes *clink* but suddenly makes monster salami after a bit more power-up" schtick got seriously worn out. But as said, the organization and the Claymores made things interesting before that.
Old 2007-10-09, 21:57   Link #77
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
I shall give this anime a 8. I think the overall plot and execution was done quite well and from episode to episode the story, animation, characters keep pulling you in and leaving you broken until you receive your weekly claymore fix.

I agree with some of the previous reviewers... The BGM music was absolutely horrible. Especially in the later episodes. Eps 22 I rember bgm coming in mid-fight off cue it seems and it just didn't match the fight scene at all. OP/ED was great and matched the anime so well so I must commend them for those choices.

Animation often very crisp and smooth while remaining relatively dreary in the context of the world. Still very nice to look at. Just loved all the variety of smexy claymores.... Ophelia being my personal favorite with Jean and Clare coming in a close 2nd and 3rd. Eh... Flora wasn't bad either eh hem.... moving on..... Only thing that killed it was the ending.... they made Raki quite the Goat.... Being one of my favorite characters I had hoped they had used him in a better way rather than make him public enemy number 1. Speaking of which Priscilla also must be put on my list for her raki rape. >_> ok ending this needlessly long post.... I personally place it as the 3rd best anime of the summer season right behind TTGL and Seto no Hanayome.... I definitely will look forward to a season two.
Old 2007-10-09, 21:58   Link #78
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

It's really hard to grade this anime...

Like the first 20 episodes I would give a 9 or a 10, for great storyline (due to manga) and stylish art and good animation.

but after they started deviating and leading up to the last episode... it was pretty painful.. and i had to subtract points. So..

should i be grading this anime as a whole? or just what they did before they decided to kill it?
Old 2007-10-10, 06:06   Link #79
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

If it wasn't for the Teresa arc, this would have been just another show. But the sheer emotion in which that part of the story was told made up for almost every other fault the show had...except the ending. The ending might have been excusable if it had actually been an ending, but instead it mirrors the end of the northern campaign of the manga, and thus ended up wasting a potentially good way to pick the story up when more chapters are available due to the changes (Raki and Priscilla specifically).

So overall, I'd give the show a 9 out of 10. Had they just ended it with the seven swords scene, this would have gotten a perfect score.
Old 2007-10-10, 19:26   Link #80
redmeat

Quote:
If it wasn't for the Teresa arc, this would have been just another show. But the sheer emotion in which that part of the story was told made up for almost every other fault the show had...except the ending.
I actually laughed when Teresa was decapitated... J/k Actually there are plenty of other shows with these sad moments. They haven't built the character of Teresa enough for me to actually go overly emotional.
Closed Thread