AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Genin has the most potential?
Naruto (without Nintails) 32 25.40%
Sasuke (without curse seal) 22 17.46%
Neji 26 20.63%
Lee 11 8.73%
Gaara (without demon) 2 1.59%
Shino 8 6.35%
Shikamaru 20 15.87%
Choji 1 0.79%
Kiba 1 0.79%
Sakura, Ino, Ten Ten, etc... 3 2.38%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-03-05, 00:02   Link #1
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Which Genin has the most potential?

Which genin do you think has the most potential to being the best of all genins?

personally i think shino is the best genin of all he has the balance of both ninja-smart and strength
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 00:09   Link #2
Lost World
Banned

You must be joking.

The show & manga are named Naruto for a reason.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 00:10   Link #3
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH
Which genin do you think has the most potential to being the best of all genins?

personally i think shino is the best genin of all he has the balance of both ninja-smart and strength
Great! a popularity contest!

Too bad you can't say no demon. That's their characters. Sasuke has the potential to become stronger then Itachi though... Oro said so. And we know how well kabuto's scouting skills are.

This is just going to be a contest of popularity. since everyone likes rock lee, i'll assume he wins.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 00:16   Link #4
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
Naruto (without Nintails) ...... Why would you say that?

You shouldnt compare Naruto without kyuubi to other characters when kyuubi is a part of him, thats like saying

Naruto (with hands tied behind back)

kyuubi is a part of him, and my vote goes for Naruto WITH kyuubi
Uzumaki626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 00:18   Link #5
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
...And we know how well kabuto's scouting skills are.
actually kabuto makes mistakes and he made one that almost cost his life.

Spoiler:

as for sasuke being better than itachi... if i remeber properly, oro refer sasuke's eyes having potential to surpass itachi's (then again it might of beent he crappy translations or something..)

itachi - ANBU age 13
sasuke - ran away and sucks up to oro age 12
Old 2004-03-05, 00:20   Link #6
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzumaki626
Naruto (without Nintails) ...... Why would you say that?

You shouldnt compare Naruto without kyuubi to other characters when kyuubi is a part of him, thats like saying

Naruto (with hands tied behind back)

kyuubi is a part of him, and my vote goes for Naruto WITH kyuubi

i hate to double post.. but naruto has great potential even without the damn fox inside him... y u ppl treat the damn fox like god?

naruto has the never giveup spirit
naruto uses creative tatics
naruto is hard working

he didn't depend on the fox for these.
Old 2004-03-05, 00:23   Link #7
aahhsin

yea and kakashi became a jonin at age 6.

Don't u think these ages are rather rediculous?
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 00:26   Link #8
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Quote:

if u watch ep 73, 3rd became hokage at around naruto's age.. but i think thats all messed up
Old 2004-03-05, 00:56   Link #9
Dix11

Itachi had the benefit of an entire Uchiha clan full of sharingans to train him...Sasuke didnt have that luxury, so who knows what skills Sasuke would have if he had the same training as Itachi. He might have more potential. And naruto, even without the Kyuubi chakra, supposedly has a sick amount of his own natural chakra, more than the other chars it seems. But i agree you cant handicap the characters, they are written how they are for a reason. Naruto's potential is off the charts, he has the power of a demon inside of him. Garaa also has a some wierd spirit inside him but it seems that it drains him pretty badly, and his chakra doesnt last long with the spells he uses. those of us who only watch the anime will probably get a better sense of the characters' potentials once we see what their parents are capable of. I imagine though that Neji, Naruto, and Sasuke have the most potential to become uber
Dix11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 00:58   Link #10
Uzumaki626
-=GIF Sennin=-

Send a message via MSN to Uzumaki626
Quote:
i hate to double post.. but naruto has great potential even without the damn fox inside him... y u ppl treat the damn fox like god?

naruto has the never giveup spirit
naruto uses creative tatics
naruto is hard working

he didn't depend on the fox for these.
I didnt say Naruto doesnt have potential unless he uses kyuubi, what i was trying to say was that Kyuubi is a part of Naruto, so saying something like Naruto (without kyuubi) just doesnt seem right.
Uzumaki626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 01:32   Link #11
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
The most potentail for any body is shikamaru even though i dont like him much- you can say that about any genius/slacker
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 01:55   Link #12
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:

Yes. Yes, I do.
(He became a Chuunin, not a Jounin, but that's completely beside the point.)

Graduates the Academy at (latest) 5 years old, enters @ 2 y.o.? 3?

Sasuke having more potential than Itachi - I still believe it's wishful thinking on Oro's part.

"I can't get Itachi's body - that's okay, I really didn't want it anyway. Not when I can get Sasuke's body - it's better than his."
"Sir, Itachi is waaaaaaaay better than Sasuke."
"Shut up! He's got...potential! That's it!"

Anyhow, if Sasuke does have more potential, he's sitting on it. As hard as he works, he's not advancing quickly enough to show signs of being able to catch up to his brother anytime before old age claims them both.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 01:59   Link #13
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

What about Shino? I picked Lee but the guy with the sound blasts from his arms was pretty strong and Shino just destroyed him. We've never seen Shino actually fight but im sure its pretty deadly.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 02:27   Link #14
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
if u watch ep 73, 3rd became hokage at around naruto's age.. but i think thats all messed up
er... it maybe that ure not good at telling how old they are.

kakashi was chuunin at 6 no jounin.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 02:55   Link #15
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Sakura. Why?

Put Itachi at 100.

The top half of the genin is at, say, 35. That's only 65 points of potential left until you get to be better than Itachi.

But Sakura...she's like at -20 right now...so she's got 120 points of potential to aspire to.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 03:59   Link #16
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage

Anyhow, if Sasuke does have more potential, he's sitting on it.
Not really. Someone already explained this, but you seem to not read before you post. Sasuke learned everything on his own, without benefit of Sharingan until the fight with Haku. Which means he made it to top of his class on his own merits, without ANYONE, because anyone who cared for him was dead. All this while Naruto floundered at the bottom. He also learned how to use his Sharingan ON HIS OWN, IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE no less.

Then, with Kakashi's help, he learned Lee's moves AND Chidori in only a month.

Sasuke = Amazing.

Sugoi, Sasuke-kun. Ganbatte.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 05:47   Link #17
MAT86

i agree with "Lst2touchdasky" shikimaru has the most potential. he may never be the strongest but he has the higher level of thinking required in a great leader. konoha could do a lot worse then making him the next hokage.
MAT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 07:55   Link #18
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dix11
Itachi had the benefit of an entire Uchiha clan full of sharingans to train him...Sasuke didnt have that luxury, so who knows what skills Sasuke would have if he had the same training as Itachi. He might have more potential. And naruto, even without the Kyuubi chakra, supposedly has a sick amount of his own natural chakra, more than the other chars it seems. But i agree you cant handicap the characters, they are written how they are for a reason. Naruto's potential is off the charts, he has the power of a demon inside of him. Garaa also has a some wierd spirit inside him but it seems that it drains him pretty badly, and his chakra doesnt last long with the spells he uses. those of us who only watch the anime will probably get a better sense of the characters' potentials once we see what their parents are capable of. I imagine though that Neji, Naruto, and Sasuke have the most potential to become uber
Use spoiler tags

Plus
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha
Not really. Someone already explained this, but you seem to not read before you post. Sasuke learned everything on his own, without benefit of Sharingan until the fight with Haku. Which means he made it to top of his class on his own merits, without ANYONE, because anyone who cared for him was dead. All this while Naruto floundered at the bottom. He also learned how to use his Sharingan ON HIS OWN, IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE no less.

Then, with Kakashi's help, he learned Lee's moves AND Chidori in only a month.

Sasuke = Amazing.

Sugoi, Sasuke-kun. Ganbatte.
The uchiha clan gives birth to many good ninja's so Sasuke without Sharingan was still the best cuz of his clan not really on his own plus, he is a copier
Old 2004-03-05, 09:04   Link #19
Sethi
StormRider

I agree with uzumaki626. Naruto without the Kyubi? Or better yet Gaara without Shukaku? Naruto has the Kyubi inside of him almost since birth, Gaara has Shukaku inside him since birth they have a huge chakra and stamina because of the fact they have the demons, in Naruto case he may not even want to use the Chakra of the Kyubi or anything related to it, but in the end just the fact it's there gives him more strength, more speed and more recovery, im not saying Naruto would be a pitiful weakling with no abilities whatsoever besides cheering for others(That reminds me of someone, ohh yes Sakura), but he would be considerably weaker than what he is.
Now in Gaara case without the demon you can pretty much kill the guy, all of Gaara powers are derivated from Shukaku.
So i vote Naruto(With Kyubi,Because it's something that it's a part of him)
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 09:13   Link #20
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Without all those demons and seals, i think Neji or Kiba are the only with the most potential.

Neji learnd all his techniques by himself (which a couple of them were ment for the main-family)
Kiba:
Spoiler:
But i voted for Neji anyway, cuz he's cooler than Kiba
Ryota is offline   Reply With Quote