5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 1.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 1.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.31%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.63%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-07, 12:37   Link #261
Yesmilord

The entire mood of the anime just feels right. As much as I loved the fanservice from SEED, this is what I think Gundam was really meant to be like. So if you were a fan of the previous, not so sure you'll like this one, even though the creators had said that they were aiming this one specifically for a younger audience.
Yesmilord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 12:38   Link #262
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

awww.. I'm the only unique guy that like the ED =_=''
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 12:39   Link #263
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Out of curiosity but do the four main gundam's names mean anything? Virtue is pretty obvious but I'm wondering does Kyrios, Dynames, and Exia have any sort of background meaning or root word, or are the people behind this just pulling words out of their heads?
I posted about Kyrios few pages ago, it's an ancient greek word and can mean something on the lines of "master", but is also the greek word used for Lord, as in God of the Bible (whose name shouldn't be mentioned, so Kyrios was used instead). Considering that his pilot is called Alleluja Baptism I think I see a pattern here >_>

Dynamis is ancient greek word as well, and it means power. It's also used by Aristotle in his philosophic works with the meaning of potential or something like that I think. NB: I don't know anything about modern greek, so no idea if these words are still used or not :x and my ancient greek is pretty rusty as well, so any correction is welcome.

@sceptileex

You're welcome ^^ And hey, you have a good point about Setsuna and Allelujah looking as in quite a contrast because of this XD
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 12:40   Link #264
yangxu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmilord View Post
The entire mood of the anime just feels right. As much as I loved the fanservice from SEED, this is what I think Gundam was really meant to be like. So if you were a fan of the previous, not so sure you'll like this one, even though the creators had said that they were aiming this one specifically for a younger audience.
More like aiming it at doujin girls...
yangxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 12:41   Link #265
DarkZedEx
–•(-•Kídø•Señshî•-)•–

Send a message via MSN to DarkZedEx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
awww.. I'm the only unique guy that like the ED =_=''
I liked it too actually. Can't wait till I can get my hands on the full version of the ED and the OP as well.
Old 2007-10-07, 12:42   Link #266
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

There's another explanation regarding the origin of the Gundams' names. They are based on 3 hierarchy of Angels:

Exia - Powers
Kyrios - Dominions
Dynames, Virtu - Virtues

Nice uses of angelic names IMO. Fitting since they belong to a group called Celestial Being
Old 2007-10-07, 12:45   Link #267
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
Yeah, OP is nice, but nothing too special, a nice change for a Gundam OP. But the ED is GOD!!! Both the song and the animation, simply beyond fantastic
I must be listening to the wrong ED if so many of you say it's good.

I think it's the worst Gundam ED song I've ever heard, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLiaSs View Post
I think its good, i really like'd it. OP RULEZZ!!! Evryone who says that OP suxx dont have any tatse, i think the first episode was great and can't wait to see more of thos show.
I only like the part of the OP where they have the 3 other gundam pilots, chinese(?) girl pilot, and the AEU Edward guy. (a TOTAL of 5 SECONDS!!!!)
Rest can be scrapped.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 12:47   Link #268
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I enjoy the ED pretty much. The ED's chorus part is great, but the front part needs more time to get used to.
Old 2007-10-07, 12:55   Link #269
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
There's another explanation regarding the origin of the Gundams' names. They are based on 3 hierarchy of Angels:

Exia - Powers
Kyrios - Dominions
Dynames, Virtu - Virtues

Nice uses of angelic names IMO. Fitting since they belong to a group called Celestial Being
Oh nice one about the angels I tried looking up for Exia but didn't really find anything around .-. Kinda perplexed as to why only Virtue is spelled english style - cause it is spelled english style, right? XD
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:29   Link #270
gogeta-san

is it already subbed ????
gogeta-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:35   Link #271
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogeta-san View Post
is it already subbed ????
look, if there's subs, they'll appear on the front page. There's absolutely no reason to ask about them on the forums.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:36   Link #272
rpgman1

Good episode overall. At least it isn't a repeat of SEED and Destiny's first episode. That episode was rushing out so many characters at once that I barely even know them, except Setsuna who has a rough life in the past. Really liked the way the Gundams look and their specialties.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:54   Link #273
Storm-and-Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elehayym View Post
I posted about Kyrios few pages ago, it's an ancient greek word and can mean something on the lines of "master", but is also the greek word used for Lord, as in God of the Bible (whose name shouldn't be mentioned, so Kyrios was used instead). Considering that his pilot is called Alleluja Baptism I think I see a pattern here >_>

Dynamis is ancient greek word as well, and it means power. It's also used by Aristotle in his philosophic works with the meaning of potential or something like that I think. NB: I don't know anything about modern greek, so no idea if these words are still used or not :x and my ancient greek is pretty rusty as well, so any correction is welcome.
These words are still being used in Greek with similar meanings although with slightly different pronunciations. ("Kyrios/Κύριος" is pronounced "Kirios" nowadays for instance.) And it has been noted before that Excia actually stems from another Greek word, "Exusia/Εξουσία", which means power, as in the power a government has over a nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post

Exia - Powers
Kyrios - Dominions
Dynames, Virtu - Virtues

Or as we like to call them, "Exusiai/Εξουσίαι", "Kyriote-tai/Κυριότηται" and "Dynameis/Δυνάμεις".

Spoiler:

Last edited by Storm-and-Fire; 2007-10-07 at 14:00. Reason: On second thought...
Storm-and-Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:55   Link #274
Winchester

I'm going to be sooo glad when the replacement MB shows up for my other computer - the old clunker I've been keeping as a spare (thankfully) is a tad long in the tooth for HD eps, but today seems to be a lucky day - no stutters or anything.

I'm going to try another sub tonight, to see what the fuss with GundamS.net is about - after I've digested Shana II...

I didn't know 00 was to air in two regular seasons - hopefully this means that it will be licensed season by season, AFTER each has finished airing. So tiresome to wait a year for the last ep, or risk the wrath of the copyright cops...

SP
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 14:02   Link #275
Impulsecss

I fear it might turn out to be a G-Wing redux.

Who knows, really like the character AND mecha designs, which is pretty rare for a gundam series for me
Impulsecss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 14:35   Link #276
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

The episode to me was very bad. I had no idea what the hell was going on, and the names are just ridiculous. What's an eastern-type guy like Setsuna doing in a war-torn region? Who the heck names their daughter Sumeragi? Allelujah? LOCKON?

I'm further perplexed as to how this whole mobile suit business got restarted when nowadays it's more about foot soldiers than jets, and how everyone and their bitch has them, including terrorists--which makes absolutely no sense at all in that what's keeping the AEU or whichever faction the USA president now belongs to from just stomping down on them?

Overall, I'm finding this entire series very absurd due to what it proposes happens 300 years from now.

Furthermore, I am deeply distressed by the presence of that black-haired Lacus ripoff. She sounds and dresses like Lacus and looks quite similar. I don't like anyone tarnishing Lacus's reputation.

And speaking of SEED, the one thing it did so well was setting up characters. This was just "oh hey, lookit, gundams blowing shit up", never mind how such expensive machines would come into existence with politicians bickering over any needless military spending. The F-22 here in America gets railed upon very much for being an overpriced anachronism created to fight Russian fighter jets in the Cold War should it ever have gone hot, and now our shiny bird basically has nothing to do.

With that in mind, how the hell would people ever start production on mobile suits?

This whole A.D. calendar and the *horrible* character development makes this series reek of something nasty.
Old 2007-10-07, 14:42   Link #277
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I'm further perplexed as to how this whole mobile suit business got restarted when nowadays it's more about foot soldiers than jets, and how everyone and their bitch has them, including terrorists--which makes absolutely no sense at all in that what's keeping the AEU or whichever faction the USA president now belongs to from just stomping down on them?
As the profile noted, the Hellion was mass-produced in high quantities and literally sold to everyone who could afford them, hence the reason why it's not too surprising for them to be in the hands of terrorists. I believe the Human League noted this when they sortied their suits against them.

AEU is the European Union. I believe the Union Flag belongs to North America while the League is for China.

Though if you ask me I think the League needs to upgrade their suits sooner or later. Their suits reek of a Leo feeling to me.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 14:49   Link #278
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

But *why* was the first mobile suit even produced? It simply makes no sense from today's POV...that's the thing with "new calendar" type of timelines. They give you the history for that timeline, but they have no obligation to tie it back to this time period.

However, I'd REALLY like to see how the hell people justify the mass production of mobile suits given today's current events.
Old 2007-10-07, 14:58   Link #279
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well it's an anime.

Seriously, I'm pretty much restraining myself and keeping my expectations low for this series.

And BTW, was that MS Gundam the first Gundam from Mobile Suit Gundam that Setsuna saw?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 15:00   Link #280
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, the wars have gone hot, due to that energy shortage thing. It's normal that weapon research and production would increase. (Though of course, from a realistic point of view, MS are absurd regardless.)

I do agree that MS aren't exactly a terrorist's weapon. Too hard to hide, and too expensive. Unless in the future, tanks and war planes are dirt cheap or something.

Also, Lockon is probably a nickname.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote