AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-15, 01:51   Link #1
ziontnk

looking for a relaxing anime

need help finding a relaxing anime, just finished Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, dont know if any 1 has ever watched it, a chill comedy, romance, ecchi anime that the main character is not a dumbass, and the story it's self its not retarded. if any 1 know any other anime that like it and its watchable plz give me some suggestions.

p.s i mean something that dosen't make the main character (the guy) a pervert or a stupid jackass.

Last edited by ziontnk; 2007-10-15 at 01:52. Reason: main character
Old 2007-10-15, 14:37   Link #2
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

When I think "relaxing", I automatically think of the "Aria" series: Aria the Animation, Aria the Natural, Aria the OVA ~Arietta~, and Aria the Origination. It doesn't get any more relaxing than this!

The two Cafe Alpha OVAs are pretty close to Aria for relaxing, as well. Edit: Yokohama Kaidaki Kikou = Cafe Alpha

I don't know if you'd call Bartender relaxing or not, but since I never pass up an opportunity to plug this one, I'll... plug this one.

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-10-16 at 09:31.
Old 2007-10-15, 15:27   Link #3
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Location: In my cube (it looked kinda rectangular though, he says)...
Yeah, relaxing = Aria, no mistake about it

Also Ah! My Goddess (the guy isn't retarded, just a bit shy)
and you could try Yokohama Kaidaki Kikou, but this one is quite slow

Old 2007-10-15, 15:30   Link #4
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Hm, Minami-ke?

Currently airing, about 3 sisters doing everyday life stuff, comedy and slice of life
Old 2007-10-15, 16:04   Link #5
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Aria and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikō come to mind quickest. The thing is I would say they are both excellent relaxing anime, but nothing like Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru.

You seem to be wanting laid back romcoms with a male protagonist who is not a complete moron?

Hmm maybe, Aishiteruze Baby, Lamune, Chobits, Chocotto Sister.
Old 2007-10-15, 16:12   Link #6
Autumn Demon
~

lamune

----
Old 2007-10-15, 17:49   Link #7
hoang24

Lamune and bartender. Pretty soft-natured anime.
Old 2007-10-15, 17:56   Link #8
ziontnk

thanks guys. i have seen Ah! My Goddess, Aishiteruze Baby. i just like a comedy romance anime that the male lead is not a pervert or just plan dumb, i like it when the male lead is doing wat a guy dose ( something like responsible, mature, strong ) it just make more sense to me.
Old 2007-10-16, 06:19   Link #9
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Just as I mentioned in the "soothing anime" thread, Binchoutan works here as well!
Old 2007-10-16, 09:07   Link #10
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

It's only just started but already shaping up to be another Aria-esque playful relaxing show:

Sketchbook ~Full Colour's~

First ep is subbed (though can't say any more than that since it's an MFI production, it's not hard to find though). If you love Aria, this'll be right up your street
Old 2007-10-16, 09:36   Link #11
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Another that might work for you is Nodame Cantabile, a romance/comedy with a mature fellow as the lead.
Old 2007-10-16, 09:52   Link #12
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Nodame seconded and thirded, one of my recent favourites
Old 2007-10-16, 13:17   Link #13
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I second Nodame Cantabile and would like to recommend _summer for relaxing anime.
Old 2007-10-16, 23:53   Link #14
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Ooh, someone else aware of _Summer? Impressive. I saw that a couple of days ago after finding out there was an oav. Quite the fun romp even if you don't know the characters beforehand (obviously you'd have to have played the game in that case)
Old 2007-10-17, 01:58   Link #15
ziontnk

downloading both _summer and Nodame Cantabile, i heard about Nodame Cantabile before but didnt think it was good, gonna try it out and _summer looks like it has a great animeation feel kinda sad its only 2 ova anime wish there are more, and umm i'm kinda looking for relaxed anime that came out in the past 2-3 years i like to wait for new animes to come out and watch it all to together. thanks!!!!!!!!

a little list of relaxed anime that i watched and i think that are good with a pretty good male lead ( the guy is being a man ), hopefully others that are looking for the same thing can try these out.

REC - just finished it, it was great, one of the best anime i ever watched kinda short but it get to the point. the guy was being an ass at the end but he made up with his girl and it had a great ending.

Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru - finished it this week 2, it was great, i though it was weird at first, but trust me its a really funny and a great anime, even tho the male lead " has to" (he really has to...) dress and act like a girl in a girls only school, he was still being a man.
( not perverted at all )

* i will add more as i finish download and watching the others, but plz do watch these 2 if u havent seen them yet.*
Old 2007-10-18, 16:23   Link #16
Minoto

Try Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ -- I'd call it a laid-back coming-of-age show, with some great comedy and subtle romantic elements. The male lead is an art student and would-be children's book author who's just moved into an old-style residential building in the city and gets pulled into the lives of his neighbors, who are a unique bunch, to say the least. The main story slowly builds up right until the final few episodes, and it's truly heartwarming.
Old 2007-10-25, 02:29   Link #17
ziontnk

relax romance?

umm i just finished aria and the bartender, thats not wat i was looking for >< , sorry for being unclear i'm kinda looking for good relaxing ROMANCE anime, that the male character is not a pervert or a loser, something realistic and make sense like rec, with a happy ending too, and it is not on air at the time, something that came out between 2000-2007.

plz tell me if u know any length dont matter cuz alot good animes are short >< THANK YOU!
Old 2007-10-25, 10:04   Link #18
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well if you really want a relaxing romance comedy with a simple plot then why not try Cardcaptor Sakura? It's released in 1999, but I think it's close enough. Kyou no Go no ni is also a good try.
Closed Thread