AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-18, 03:41   Link #2121
Bloodseeker

*watches Kenichi episode 22*

God, I hate Niijima. I really hope that the writers just forget about his existence soon.

Next episode about is about Niijima and ugly boring glasses girl?

You know what they should be having an episode about? Shigure. Maybe an episode where she gives Kenichi basics weapon training and teaches him how to turn various objects in his environment into effective weapons. Underdeveloped master is hot, likable (close third favorite master behind Sakaki and Apachai), and doesn't get anywhere near enough screentime. Forget about the crappy/mediocre characters and focus more on the awesome ones.

Edit:

First half of the episode = annoying with only a few smiles provided by Apachai's and Shigure's weirdness

Second half = kind of funny

*watches next episode preview*

Were they having a "Let's showcase all of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi's worst qualities" month at the studio or something? Everything that I find annoying about Kenichi (Niijima, jealous of Kenichi and/or Miu jokes, losers like Niijima, Koga, and those two guys in Kenichi's class wooing over Miu, and Kenichi x Miu cockblocking in general) has been a central focus of episodes 21-23. At least 23 looks like its going to build on Kenichi vs. Hermit, so hopefully they'll start shifting away from Kenichi's mediocre non-fighting acquaintances at the school and back to the dojo and fights where all of the cool characters are...

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-10-18 at 04:41.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 12:38   Link #2122
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
*watches Kenichi episode 22*

God, I hate Niijima. I really hope that the writers just forget about his existence soon.

Next episode about is about Niijima and ugly boring glasses girl?

You know what they should be having an episode about? Shigure. Maybe an episode where she gives Kenichi basics weapon training and teaches him how to turn various objects in his environment into effective weapons. Underdeveloped master is hot, likable (close third favorite master behind Sakaki and Apachai), and doesn't get anywhere near enough screentime. Forget about the crappy/mediocre characters and focus more on the awesome ones.

Edit:

First half of the episode = annoying with only a few smiles provided by Apachai's and Shigure's weirdness

Second half = kind of funny

Were they having a "Let's showcase all of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi's worst qualities" month at the studio or something? Everything that I find annoying about Kenichi (Niijima, jealous of Kenichi and/or Miu jokes, losers like Niijima, Koga, and those two guys in Kenichi's class wooing over Miu, and Kenichi x Miu cockblocking in general) has been a central focus of episodes 21-23. At least 23 looks like its going to build on Kenichi vs. Hermit, so hopefully they'll start shifting away from Kenichi's mediocre non-fighting acquaintances at the school and back to the dojo and fights where all of the cool characters are...
Niijima is the shows running joke show hes going to be in every other ep, as for qauilty its still better than nartuos mix :P
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 14:23   Link #2123
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

i still say this anime needs an award for revising every intro to a better one. Animation and episode Arc wise.

BRING BESERKER BACK!!!!
Old 2007-10-18, 14:51   Link #2124
richvh

Spoiler for Berserker:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-10-26 at 03:06.
richvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 18:34   Link #2125
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol blood...you just arent letting this thread drop into the abyss arent you

good news...you are near half way

bad news...nijima isnt going anywhere anytime soon

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 02:32   Link #2126
Bloodseeker

*watches episode 24*

That wasn't anywhere near as annoying as I thought it would be. The crappy episode marathon is finally over!

Looks like the next episode is going to have Hermit trying to trap Miu... poor Hermit.
Old 2007-10-19, 02:56   Link #2127
Bloodseeker

Kenichi needs a new master to help him train to fight against opponents like Kisara.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2...lickbacly9.jpg

Edit:

That wasn't manly at all, Kenichi. There comes a time when you have to close your fist and hit a bitch.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-10-19 at 03:21.
Old 2007-10-19, 03:23   Link #2128
MARKADOT
Animaniac ! ~_~

Does anyone know if the new season is going to come out soon, if it really is going to come out o_O
MARKADOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 04:36   Link #2129
Bloodseeker

*watches through episode 26*

That was a fun batch of episodes. I'd watch more if I didn't need to go to bed.

Renka needs to be a common reoccurring character. She's the only chick in the show so far that's likable enough that she could try to interfere with Kenichi x Miu and not have me dislike her because of it. (though I could see stand offs between the two getting kind of annoying) Well, there's Shigure too, but the chances of her ever having a crush on Kenichi or meddling in Kenichi's love affairs... (she and Apachai might get dragged into a scheme by Honoka at some point, though)

(Hermit and Takeda are the only guys that fall under that category... though Takeda likes his buddy too much to try anything like that, and Hermit will probably be the same before long)

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-10-19 at 04:47.
Old 2007-10-19, 05:57   Link #2130
richvh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKADOT View Post
Does anyone know if the new season is going to come out soon, if it really is going to come out o_O
If you look back on the last page, you'll see a rather overblown announcement of the success of the first season, and my translation of it.

That's the extent of anyone's knowledge, outside the principals.
Old 2007-10-19, 17:34   Link #2131
crisocas

Kenichi was the best anime ever!!
Too bad its finished..
Heres a tribute to kenichi that i found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc5sydeD--Q
crisocas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 04:27   Link #2132
Bloodseeker

Episode 28:

-LOVE LETTER! Love letter, la-la-lovey, lovey letter, Love letter! Love letter, lovey-dovey-dovey-dovey-dovey love letter! La-la-la-la-la-la-la, love-love-love letter! ...Shame that this is just one of Niijima's schemes.

-Is it Kenichi and Miu bonding time now?

-You know, the masters should give Kenichi a lesson in how to make himself appear more intimidating too... he needs to get rid of that haircut and change his clothes.

Episode 29:

-Get rid of Niijima? I like that plan. DO IT.

-XD @ Sigfried!

-Ground and pound, Kenichi! Don't stop after you've knocked him down.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-10-20 at 05:01.
Old 2007-10-20, 09:49   Link #2133
Pell14

i just watch this anime up to ep14. As usual, i got turned off by the style of drawing initially but totally got hooked right now! I also add in another name into my respected seiyu list! Seiyu of kenichi! God, i seriously didnt know he is the same seiyu of chiaki from nodame, tate from myhime and etc etc (other minor roles in other anime, kanon, one piece etc)! He sure does make use of his vocal range! amazing!

Ironically, the animes that i dislike the drawing intitally got me hooked so much (nodame, gintama, one piece, kekkashi, kennichi) and drawings that i really fancy totally throw me off! (especially those animes started airing in oct . . dragonaut, clannad and almost every other titles . . .)
Pell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 10:50   Link #2134
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

It is not always about the showy and fancy coat. Just because it looks good, it doesn't mean it is a good thing, and that is vice versa and well. Just because it looks bad, it doesn't mean it is a bad thing.
Old 2007-10-21, 13:53   Link #2135
Pell14

woo just completed the whole series!

Hopefully there will be a 2nd series coming out! Im kinda disappointed that kisara didnt apper during the last fight . . She is hawt btw . .

wee, finally complete my marathon of gintama, kekkaishi and kenichi ! cool, time to hunt for new titles now!!! i think i should catch some proper sleep right now
Pell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 01:54   Link #2136
Bloodseeker

*finishes watching Kenichi episode 34*

Everything since episode 29 has been awesome, except for some parts with Niijima. Great build up and nice intense situations and fights. Also, Honoka needs to stick around Hermit. They make a good duo.

Miu FTW.
Renka FTW.

But Miu vs. Renka looks like its going to be annoying.

Edit:

Maybe not. Kitty!

I want Renka to stick around.

Edit 2:

I'm kinda tempted to turn Miu treating Renka like a cat into my avatar.

...I like my Arf avatar, though.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-10-23 at 03:16.
Old 2007-10-23, 08:12   Link #2137
KnekO

Well it has been some time since I checked the Kenichi thread and what do you know? ~more ppl~ are realising what a great show this is^_^.Hmmm back on topic I have 3 requests.
1) I heard some rumors about an upcoming Kenichi live action movie...true or false?
2)I still couldn't find the OST of the anime,and I mean the background music("Power Up" is a must have!)
3)some Kisara,Berserker,Takeda avatars pls?

Oh I forgot...I finally got my dirty little paws on the game and I plan on finishing it tonight.I saw on some previous posts really cool ending pics and I wanna take better photos of them.Btw the game is in full japanese and I don't know witch is the story mode((I keep entering with Kenichi and I'm going in training with Miu.fuckshittens T_T directions anyone?
KnekO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 08:50   Link #2138
richvh

The only thing I've seen is the announcement on the Shinpaku site, which I translated on the preceding page. Neither the Wazadepa site (the manga-ka's home page), nor the Kenichi page on Shonen Sunday's site, have anything about an upcoming movie.
Old 2007-10-25, 02:26   Link #2139
jetlian

for the game you have to pass miu's training before getting to the fights
jetlian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 04:10   Link #2140
Bloodseeker

*watches through episode 46*

-Yeah, this feels like it still has at least another 30+ episodes to it. Kenichi probably isn't as strong as Miu (I say "probably" because he just went through a power up and it may have been a big one; it would be kinda dumb if he was already as strong as Miu, though, considering that Miu's been training under Elder since she was a little girl and has probably been familiar with what Kenichi is just now learning for 10 years give or take 3 years... they should save the power up that pushes Kenichi to Miu's level until a ways after the Ragnarok arc, when Kenichi's fighting something a bit more sinister than some local gang), definitely isn't as strong as Ogata (Miu can probably kill a bear too, but he seems stronger than Miu at present just by the way that he's being built), and isn't anywhere near master level yet.

-They're building towards a Kisara X Ukita pairing? I don't mind Ukita, but Kisara deserves someone cooler than some one-dimensional jobber (if they're going to pair her with a jobber, they should at least make it someone that's been developed a little, is made out to be a moderate threat, and was relatively important at one time, like Takeda)... they should raise Ukita up on the importance scale and make him more memorable if they're going to be pairing him with Kisara.

I'm tempted to give my overall thoughts on the characters, but I'll wait until I finish watching episode 50. (which will probably be tomorrow)

Tags
action