AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-07-11, 16:53   Link #81
OpeTh
Fansub PowA

Ok, since I've installed the rev 1411, styles are properly kept in memory, I haven't the opening error anymore and for the error 6 during timing, I didn't try at the moment.
OpeTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 02:53   Link #82
jfs
Aegisub dev

The "error 6" thing during timing is caused by some hard-to-trace problem in the DirectSound code. With some effort we might be able to figure out where and why it's happening but it's not a high priority. (It still works, and it doesn't crash.)

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 14:44   Link #83
jfs
Aegisub dev

For the people on Macintosh, we're starting to get a real, working and maintained Mac OS X (currently only 10.4 and Intel) version of Aegisub up.
Currently it's still very much alpha-quality. Many things are still not working, but it should be usable for basic timing and editing.
See the Mac Instructions page on the wiki for more information on getting builds and what works and what doesn't. (We'll keep it updated when new builds are out.)

Oh, and the latest Windows build of Aegisub (1564) comes with an installer and is fully functional for all purposes. I highly recommend using that version.

Old 2007-10-03, 06:19   Link #84
Seska

I just want to say, nice Tool you have make there. I used it now for an Anime .

But, i have 1 question.

Is there an function, to render the Video in truetime with the Audio? So that If, you press some button. The Video screen run in sync with the Audio line? or is it to much CPU usage?.

Or i just dump, and have overseen this function?
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 11:24   Link #85
jfs
Aegisub dev

Uh, it's called playback. There is a Play button right below the video.

There is one catch to it though: Aegisub does not have a reliable way of streaming audio from video files, so if you haven't opened audio separately (such that you have the audio display visible) the playback may very well be unstable in all kinds of ways.

Old 2007-10-03, 11:42   Link #86
Seska

Ah, thats it. My bad, i just used the "Play" buttons under the Audio Track.
Thanks

Q: Can you build the function in, if you press the Playback button under the Video track, and then Hit "Pause". That the Audio track Sync Line stay in the middle of the Audio Track Window? It is good for searching the Video & Audio Scene. So i must search it, per hand. And with this "Stop Focus" function it will be more easier.

p.s. Please include in your "installer" version, an Desktop shortcut to the execute

Last edited by Seska; 2007-10-03 at 11:54.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 14:53   Link #87
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Q: Can you build the function in, if you press the Playback button under the Video track, and then Hit "Pause". That the Audio track Sync Line stay in the middle of the Audio Track Window? It is good for searching the Video & Audio Scene. So i must search it, per hand. And with this "Stop Focus" function it will be more easier.
I'm pretty sure there is already some way to scroll the audio display to the current video time, but you shouldn't need it. If you're timing to audio, don't have video open at all, it just distracts and steals screen space you could use to view more of the audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
p.s. Please include in your "installer" version, an Desktop shortcut to the execute
Never going to happen. The desktop is the user's personal space and no installation program must ever place anything there for any reason at all. Those doing it are not following Microsoft's user experience guidelines. Aegisub's installer is doing exactly what an installer should do, place exactly one icon for the main program and nothing else in the Start menu Programs folder. Dragging a copy of it onto the desktop is easy, if that's where you want it.

Old 2007-10-18, 18:03   Link #88
jfs
Aegisub dev

Sorry for double-posting, but here's a new release again:

Aegisub 2 alpha r1611 released

This version fixes several really annoying bugs that were r1564, including:
* Short audio selections (only those in range 150-300 ms) were cut short on playback
* The "Keyframes file" error that occurred on opening files
* "Error opening audio" when trying to play a dummy video
* A bunch of bugfixes to kara-templater
* And a few more, plus a little feature update in the Resolution Resampler

The new manual/help file is being written on a wiki:
http://aegisub.cellosoft.com/docs/Main_Page

Old 2007-10-19, 07:37   Link #89
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

First of all I would like to congratulate the Aegisub team for what it offers us!

What I would like to ask is given the fact that nowadays many raws come in mkv/avc format (sometimes it's even VFR) and Aegisub can open them by reading the timecodes, is there some function that saves this timecode file? (I haven't been able to spot one)

Moreover, regarding the subtitles themselves, should they be exported by transforming into VFR or is this is done automatically by opening a VFR mkv file?

Thanks for any help guys.
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 08:28   Link #90
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel666 View Post
What I would like to ask is given the fact that nowadays many raws come in mkv/avc format (sometimes it's even VFR) and Aegisub can open them by reading the timecodes, is there some function that saves this timecode file? (I haven't been able to spot one)
mkvextract should do the job just fine (however I don't think that Aegisub has such a function);
Code:
mkvextract timecodes_v2 "c:\path\to\video.mkv" 1:timecodes.txt
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel666 View Post
Moreover, regarding the subtitles themselves, should they be exported by transforming into VFR or is this is done automatically by opening a VFR mkv file?
That's up to you. There is a Transform Framerate option when you go under Export Subtitles. Generally you want to transform it to variable if you plan to hardsub it on the decimated encode raw, and keep it as it is (without transforming to variable) if you want to softsub it.
Old 2007-10-19, 23:12   Link #91
pichu
*Fansubber

hmm that basic bug still exists in the latest rev (r1611):

1. Select multiple lines
2. Audio Time all of them at once

The content in those lines will be replaced with the content in the "current line." It gets a bit annoying, and it has been like this since the early builds.

Why I did that? I'm used to line-timing three lines (English, Romaji, and Kanji) at a time when I time the karaoke.

Edit: Also another annoying part is that the karaoke timing autoscrolls too much (especially when I use a higher zoom-level to allow precision), unlike Aegisub 1.10, thereby messing up all the timings in aegisub 2.0, and I ended up having to fix them manually.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 07:21   Link #92
ffdshow

I quite like the r1611,

let's see what I get in the first hour (comparing with the old 1.1), as a timer.

The good things are:
1. It seems that I can load mkv/mp4 directly now, and the timing isn't messed up
2. I no longer need to scroll through audio and the subtitles
3. no longer need to log as administrator
4. can open files with japanese filenames. (EU windows, some programs can't open programs with asian filenames)

the troubles that I get:
1. when I load an mp4, it seems that the keyframes isn't shown, even if I open another keyframes file.
2. I use to do SSA timing, and now I am in troubles. There are no better way than left mouse button as start, and right mouse to mark the end. Its too much troubles without SSA mode.

As I timer, I still prefer using the old aegissub 1.1, even if I had to remux the video several times to get away the old aegis bugs.
ffdshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:13   Link #93
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichus
hmm that basic bug still exists in the latest rev (r1611):

1. Select multiple lines
2. Audio Time all of them at once

The content in those lines will be replaced with the content in the "current line." It gets a bit annoying, and it has been like this since the early builds.

Why I did that? I'm used to line-timing three lines (English, Romaji, and Kanji) at a time when I time the karaoke.
Please report it on the bug tracker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdshow View Post
1. when I load an mp4, it seems that the keyframes isn't shown, even if I open another keyframes file.
Well, Aegisub can't parse keyframes from mp4 files themselves, but it should still display them if you load an external file. This might be a bug. Mind reporting it on the bug tracker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdshow View Post
2. I use to do SSA timing, and now I am in troubles. There are no better way than left mouse button as start, and right mouse to mark the end. Its too much troubles without SSA mode.
The two modes have been merged - you can still time exactly like that. Left click to set start, right click to set end. But, in addition to that, you can also time by dragging. This is essentially the same behaviour that Sabbu has.
ArchMageZeratuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 15:54   Link #94
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

"preview of current style" in the "style editor" has never worked for me. Is it a bug or isn't it finished yet?
Old 2007-10-20, 16:00   Link #95
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

There seems to be a problem with the installer... try installing this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d-389c36f85647

That should fix it
Old 2007-10-20, 16:27   Link #96
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Great! That did the trick.
Thx a lot!
Old 2007-10-20, 17:17   Link #97
Once and Current Subber

Enjoyin' the software.

Any chance of integrating a ramp to timecode function, similar to SSA's old "Export to Captions Inc" command? Currently, to get professional timecode onto a file timed by Aegisub, I have to open the .ass file in a text editor, rip out all the headers, rename it as an .ssa, open THAT in Sub Station Alpha, and then run the Export to Captions Inc command.

Yeah, yeah, I know, not a lot of pros use the software, but frankly, it's the best timing tool I've tried short of Wincaps, and several thousand dollars cheaper. ;p
Avatar_notADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 17:37   Link #98
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but it sounds like the framerate transformation that Aegisub can do... go to File->Export, check Transform Framerate, and set options on the panel that appears. It can do it to a constant framerate, or to a mkv timecodes file (loaded via video menu).
Old 2007-10-20, 18:38   Link #99
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
I have to open the .ass file in a text editor, rip out all the headers, rename it as an .ssa,
You can export native .ssa files through File->Export.

Ramp times is useless for everything except Amigas and the associated genlocks and if you think you need it you're probably doing something very wrong, but as AMZ said, its functionality can be duplicated by the framerate transformation export filter.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 18:54   Link #100
ffdshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchMageZeratuL View Post
Please report it on the bug tracker.

Well, Aegisub can't parse keyframes from mp4 files themselves, but it should still display them if you load an external file. This might be a bug. Mind reporting it on the bug tracker?

The two modes have been merged - you can still time exactly like that. Left click to set start, right click to set end. But, in addition to that, you can also time by dragging. This is essentially the same behaviour that Sabbu has.
I check it again.

I found that its the keyframes is displayed correctly, just that when a script is open again and load back the video-audio, the keyframes is not displayed anymore. The format doesn't matter.

SSA mode is left click on start, and right click on end. But the current aegisub is not doing that exactly. Let's say my left hand is on "play to end" and "alt audio commit" and right hand on mouse.

With aegis sub 1.1,
"I will listen to this part", left click and "play to end"
"it end here", right click and "commit alt"
-do it again, left click is saved if the conversation start right away-

With aegis sub 2,
Sometimes it work like aegis 1.1, but there is cases like that:
[img=http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7987/step1zc5.th.png]
[img=http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/640/step2ww5.th.png]

Then I cannot left click to set start right away and need to click a few more times. Another example, let's say I just commit at 15m00s (start at 15m00s and end at 15m02), I left click the the start to 15m07s and play the audio, and found that the timing is better at 15m07.2. Click that would flip the start-end to 15m02-15m07.2. Generally, for SSA mode users this is slower, weird and not necessary.

I will say is that this is an improvement over the old aegisub-mode, but not really better than the old 1.1 SSA mode.

SSA mode aside, there are full of improvements here and there, it's too funny to play with.

Last edited by ffdshow; 2007-10-20 at 19:06.
ffdshow is offline   Reply With Quote