4 out of 10 : Poor 6 4.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 3.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.79%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 8.66%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-20, 03:12   Link #61
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

OMFG The opening song sucks, it felt like my ears were gonna burst in severe blood
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 05:16   Link #62
hwnstyle21

Who's he new ninja that they show in the opening and ending credits?
hwnstyle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 05:43   Link #63
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ To tell you would be spoiling.. but he already been shown in the first double episodes to be the Sasuke's replacement in team 7 .
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 06:07   Link #64
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

the Ep was 10/10 put the op not very good like( hero come back)
the ending song was good
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 07:41   Link #65
Charlo

I loved this episode and i was very close to crying at one point... Also really liked the new ending. Not too fond of the opening though...
Charlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 08:57   Link #66
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
This episode was so touching, I have to rate it a 10.

I also dislike the OP
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 14:11   Link #67
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i also didn't like the OP ... so gayish...doesn't fit the anime...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 14:17   Link #68
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Not a half bad episode, but wow did that OP suck like others have said...It reminded me of some dopey song I woulda been forced to listen to in Pre-school.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 15:35   Link #69
kimbokasteniv

Well the animation was quite good. I can't remember the last time they used so many idealized lines, or whatever you call it when the outlines of character vary in thickness.

Anyway, what's the deal with the drawing guy. I thought he was going to be an extremely serious character, like they way he was portrayed in the first ep. But with that new ending I don't know if he is a jerk, or if he is gay? What word were they supposed to be censoring?

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-10-22 at 18:49.
kimbokasteniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 16:47   Link #70
itachi29al

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbokasteniv View Post
Well the animation was quite good. I can't remember the last time they used so many idealized lines, or whatever you call it when the outlines of character vary in thickness.

Anyway, what's the deal with the drawing guy. I thought he was going to be an extremely serious character, like they way he was portrayed in the first ep. But with that new ending I don't know if he is a jerk, or if he is gay? What word were they supposed to be censoring?
Actually he is all three, a gay serious jerk. They just censored the word because they did not want to kill the insulting effect they have when he uses them.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-10-22 at 18:49.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 17:00   Link #71
kimbokasteniv

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Actually he is all three, a gay serious jerk. They just censored the word because they did not want to kill the insulting effect they have when he uses them.
oh dear lord...
kimbokasteniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 22:02   Link #72
0TaKu0
Tesseract Enigma
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to 0TaKu0 Send a message via MSN to 0TaKu0
10/10, 8 for the episode +2 for the new opening and ending.

Mmmm, mm! Awesome! It’s been a while since I posted in the anime thread, lets see where to start, I guess the start ^^. The opening song didn’t grab be as much as I expected but, I guess eventually I will get used to it and, most likely learn to love it over time, just like some of the other opening songs. In fact I think I already am considering I have listened to the opening song a countless number of times by now. None the less, the new opening sequence was totally magical, I must admit though it is a huge burst of spoilers, lol. However, it is because of that, I see hope in Shippudens future, at the start I was a bit skeptical . . . due to the lyrics and the sequence. . . I thought to my self "So, Naruto has finally resorted to Yaoi for all its Fangirls" haha, but my mind changed quickly with the scene of Naruto's transformation.

Also I loved how they animated the "unknown characters" look and style, especially the animation of the technique where the "unknown character" draws very fast on that paper and it seemed to become real. As some one who draws him self I loved it and can really appreciate it, specifically for the sequence of speed drawing especially with what I can only assume is a calligraphy brush. Although the Sasuke wrapped around by snakes some what caught me off guard, I some how expected something of the sort to be in there, to be totally honest Heh. In any case, the full opening sequence was done very well and, felt like total movie quality, especially the part where the bloody hand reaches toward the sky which I can only assume is Naruto's and Sakura is shouting something, after that Naruto and Sasuke walking toward each other holding a blade to each others throats, epic!

Moving on to the actual episode, I believe the contents of this episode was really something that was needed at this point and time so, I enjoyed it thoroughly the BG music was a perfect match for all the scenes, the animation was done well I really can't complain maybe a little here and there, but nothing seriously noticeable. Even though this was a really sad episode and, I wont lie made me tear up here and there, it left you with warm and fuzzy feelings. Funny thing, the little comical scene between Matsuri and the unknown girl reminded me of the old Ino and Sakura, I was just a little sad that it still ended up being Naruto who took the hit like he always does. However, that really showed Sakura's growth and change in terms of her feelings and priority, I think that was the reason it was placed there, then again it could have been done just for filler purposes. None the less, I really liked what Kankuro said to Naruto afterwards, "The girls who droll over the cool, elite guys are always the weakest ones." made me laugh and think at the same time. The title of this episode "The Next Generation" was perfect because aside from Chiyo-basama having placed the future in the hands of "The Next Generation" this episode really showed how much they have all grown up as a person in terms of maturity.

Now to the ending sequence, really funny I can only imagine what those words were, masked as "*****". The song was some what catchy, not as much as the opening but, it was a feel good song none the less. So, it would be safe to say I enjoyed this episode thoroughly and can't wait to see the next one ^-^ that is all!
Old 2007-10-20, 23:27   Link #73
GoTz
Deleted

What an awesome episode! This is one of the more emotional episodes I've seen in quite a few animes, and I loved it very much.

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore
GoTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 07:23   Link #74
benji000
You are not Gundam

Well the series is now getting better, unlike the previous episodes (Chasing Deidari and Clone Wars) and i laughed at the new op, lol sasuke wraped in snakes with orochi's eyes in the background XD.
benji000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 10:24   Link #75
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The closure to the first Shippuden arc was befitting. A beautifully, emotive score that conveyed the sense of loss for Chiyo's sacrifice, and the sense of discovery once Gaara opened his eyes and saw everyone by his side.

It was immersive, that I could not help myself to sob.

The new opening and ending themes are plague with spoilers, and I lol with the jokes that they hinted at the new ending.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 10:52   Link #76
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

suckssss
Old 2007-10-21, 12:34   Link #77
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
suckssss
Come on, i'm sure it wasn't that bad even though i didn't watch it. But you have to like the opening, Sasuke looking badass and Sasuke looking like Jesus is a 10 everytime.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 19:38   Link #78
Gameboiye
Big Reader/Small Poster

Anyone who voted 1 only hates the series. There's no way this episode deserves a 1.
Gameboiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 20:06   Link #79
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboiye View Post
Anyone who voted 1 only hates the series. There's no way this episode deserves a 1.
As bad as its been i cant blame them.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:47   Link #80
SeeThruAll

I'll vote for nine.
Good quality, almost no filler but the OP song wasn't that good but the animation in the OP was great.
SeeThruAll is offline   Reply With Quote