AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-23, 18:31   Link #221
Lesca

Ep 4 was really good, makes me want to see the next episode more.
The action at the end was short but sweet, the story will get deeper i think from now on, with the aliens having more involvement.
Old 2007-10-23, 18:37   Link #222
OMG_Zerg_Rush

ep 4......tentacle sex anyone?
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007.../blue-drop-04/
________
HOT BOX VAPORIZERS

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:18.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 19:48   Link #223
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Wow, alien invasion...the commander of a ship is caring for a human...lol.

Interesting Story.
Old 2007-10-23, 19:59   Link #224
Random Wanderer

Quote:
ep 4......tentacle sex anyone?
Nonsense. The tentacle-like configuration is a perfectly functional, low-tech way of capturing and restraining a living creature. It's not its fault that the darker side of Japanese artwork has forever tainted the concept in the eyes of viewers.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 20:19   Link #225
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The music -- especially the main theme -- may be often repeated (with variations), but it works so well. In ep4 I found my chest filling with emotion again and again. Just gets better.
Spoiler for ep4:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-24 at 07:56.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 21:17   Link #226
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The music -- especially the main theme -- may be often repeated (with variations), but it works so well.
The scene in Datura where Ekariel returns to the bridge and the bass line on the soundtrack starts going had me flashing back to the Maaju scene in episode 3 of Simoun. And the Arume uniforms look kind of like the Maaju suits, and they can fly while aboard ship.

The bridge itself reminds me of the bridge of the Woglinde from Xenosaga.

The OP reminds me a bit of the ED to Please Save My Earth, with just that mysterious sort of mood.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 21:36   Link #227
romulusx5

im still confused on what the commander was doing at the school all this time...was she doing recon work or was she bored at the ship so she went out and mingled with the locals? finally we can see what the orig plan was for all 5 ships in next episode 4.
romulusx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 07:25   Link #228
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3

I'm not going to pretend I understand what's going on, but damn this is enthralling. I loved the scene that revealed what happened between Hagino and Mari through the night. The various mysteries and mysterious characters keep this interesting... and the music is just wonderful. I dare say this has the best soundtrack of anime this season.

This is setting itself up for some great drama. Fingers crossed it'll deliver.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 10:33   Link #229
Seska

I love the pace. The time to introduce the main actors of this series is nearly complete.And now the Story gain on Speed...

Is the Director of this Show an old Pro? Seems like it. I love it, the balance. But i only repeat myself. Gomene.

oh, and something on the sidenote.

Spoiler for to start Spoiler politics. Episode 4 Spoiler:

Last edited by Seska; 2007-10-24 at 15:54.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 10:54   Link #230
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I can see why some people are having a hard time following the series so far. I like the pace since it does not seem rushed by throwing the two girls together but having them slowly come towards each other seem more natural. Hagino and Mari have more in common then either of them realize.

Even Mari near the end of episode 3 started feeling drawn to Hagino which goes against everything she has been showing so far. Except for the strangling incident Hagino has been nothing if over nice to Mari. Its no wonder the poor girl is confused. The scene with them sitting in their room staring at each other wait for the first one to fall asleep were funny and of course Mari lost. But to see Hagino put a blanket around her was very touching and i looked at the understones of those scenes. Shown from both girls perspectives each were vulanable for a while thats what made it very heartwarming.

For people who are having a hardtime following the story. I would suggest going back now and watching all 3 episodes together. This might paint a better picutre for you. I rewatched episodes 1 and 2 and then watched 3 right after I now have a better idea of what is going on.

BTW Hagino is her military uniform YUM!!!!!!! Id go to war if i was facing woman dress like that.
Old 2007-10-24, 13:57   Link #231
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
Well, after rewatching everything, I've got to say that I was getting the Yuri vibes just from episode one, especially just before Hagino choked Mari. You'll see that Hagino was practically petting Mari before she went nuts. The 3D is quite nice, but, being a 3d artist myself, it sometimes stands out a bit much. Anyways, I'm not particularly watching this for the Yuri (what the hell, the Blue looks WAY too much like the Delphinus from Skies of Arcadia), but It'll be interesting looking at the relationships themselves. As for the slightly ecchi stuff that seems to be in the manga, I guess you've got to keep your audience
HunterRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 15:42   Link #232
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
(what the hell, the Blue looks WAY too much like the Delphinus from Skies of Arcadia), :
DUDE I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY THAT REMEMBERED THAT GAME IT FREAKIN RULED AND YES IT DOES LOOK LIKE DELPHINUS AND KIND OF PHALIC TOO
Old 2007-10-24, 15:44   Link #233
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I'm still in Ep 3 ....good Ep
but did they really stay all night watching each other ?? ( this stupid)
waitting Ep 4 to sub

( I'm not gonna read any spoiler about the next Ep)

Last edited by The Chaos; 2007-10-24 at 16:05.
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 16:12   Link #234
Seska

No, they don't stay awake all night. We know, that Mari loses at first, and hagino covers her with a towel?... Time later Mari wakes up, to see hagino have a nightmare? (well at last she sleep talks) . So we know that hagino and Mari has some hours of sleep, but Mari has the luck to awake in the morning where Hagino keeps her awake until morning breakfast time

Oh, one more thing.

For the idea for having an own forum for Blue Drop.

Well, we are to small active posters. We need to raise the limit
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 17:34   Link #235
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Okay, I've watched episode 4 - I'm going to have to rewatch with subs but the fact I'm watching RAW on the first day is something in itself. I don't follow RAW on many series.

Some opinions:

Spoiler:

Anyway great stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulusx5
im still confused on what the commander was doing at the school all this time...was she doing recon work or was she bored at the ship so she went out and mingled with the locals? finally we can see what the orig plan was for all 5 ships in next episode 4.
I think whilst Tsubael has been fixing the ship since that destructive past incident, she (Hagino/Ekaril?) was scouting for information on human society - she uses the term 'observing the situation' in ep 2. That's probably also a roundabout way of stalling, because she obviously has certain conflictions too imo.

Last edited by Diodati; 2007-10-24 at 19:44.
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 18:04   Link #236
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Spoiler for to start Spoiler politics. Episode 4 Spoiler:
Mine is not a spoiler. Don't you think with the high tech they have now, it is very easy for them to hide their space ship, however big it is, under human tech? That is why they are surprised that Mari, a human, can see them when they are not supposed to be seen by humans.

Quote:
I think whilst Tsubael has been fixing the ship since that destructive past incident, she (Hagino/Ekaril?) was scouting for information on human society - she uses the term 'observing the situation' in ep 2. That's probably also a roundabout way of stalling, because she obviously has certain conflictions too imo.
I was wondering about that, too. How much info about human society can she get in a all girls' high school? From ep 1, she obviously didn't know that Mari was going to attend that school and their first encounter was a coincident. Why didn't she go after Mari right after that incident five years ago? She recognized Mari when they met for the first time. If she really is there to investigate, she really should have gone for Mari.

Last edited by guest; 2007-10-24 at 18:15.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 18:40   Link #237
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
How much info about human society can she get in a all girls' high school?
Maybe she has watched too much anime and thought a high school was basically a representation of the whole world.

Quote:
Why didn't she go after Mari right after that incident five years ago? She recognized Mari when they met for the first time. If she really is there to investigate, she really should have gone for Mari.
Hagino either thought Mari was dead or did not want to involve her futher, Also, the investigation and the broken ship look like an excuse to me, I wouldn't be surprised if Hagino damaged the ship on purpose or at least tried everything to delay its repair.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 21:16   Link #238
Random Wanderer

Hagino is feeling immensely guilty. She blames herself for the deaths of 800 humans and however many of her own crew. The damage to Blue gave her the excuse to come out and try to understand humans and their world, to see the culture, and perhaps try to discover if she can atone in any way.

I am, of course, guessing with this. But I think it makes sense.

Also, she hasn't been at the school that whole time. It was mentioned in episode 1 that she was also a newcomer. I imagine she's been around several places, learning more. School life is also important to understand humanity, because like it or not school has a major effect on the life of every person who endures it.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 22:06   Link #239
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
....It was mentioned in episode 1 that she was also a newcomer. I imagine she's been around several places, learning more. School life is also important to understand humanity, because like it or not school has a major effect on the life of every person who endures it.
Nice post. However, I recall thinking that the "newcomer" business might have been a mistranslation in the sub (apologies if I'm wrong). I thought it was said that she had been at the school for two years. Maybe that counts as a "newcomer" in this school. The official site says that the accident happened five years before, though, so I think you're right that she has been other places, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 23:35   Link #240
darlliu

i've got a few questions...
what did mari mean when she said she knew what hagino wanted to do during the night scene?
did she mean hagino was going to kill her or bang her? either way,trying hard to stay awake and failing it doesnt seem like a good solution
and at the end of ep4 hagino seemed to have cleared the scene by the time the two companions came, how did she do that.....-_-
btw, about the short-haired girl who wants to be a cook, did she have a toothpick or lollipop in her mouth? if it is the former case, she surely behaves like those rude middle-aged man here...
darlliu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri