AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-08, 13:53   Link #141
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

So if he really WAS training them, why didn't the Black Mikos try to stop him?
Old 2004-03-08, 14:50   Link #142
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

because we still don't know whether those black mikos were working for that sad looking loli? Maybe we should wait for an OVA to clear things up?
Old 2004-03-08, 14:58   Link #143
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
because we still don't know whether those black mikos were working for that sad looking loli? Maybe we should wait for an OVA to clear things up?
Well, there WERE four unreleased episodes that are rumored to be on the DVDs. The problem is I CAN'T UNDERSTAND JAPANESE!!!

Who's up to translating the four episodes when they come out? :P
Old 2004-03-08, 16:06   Link #144
Tellu54
Banned

If we can find them, we'll do them... but I'm not paying 38$ a DVD or whatever it is just to get extra eps of CosPrayers.
Old 2004-03-08, 19:34   Link #145
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
First off, the reason the cosprayers were needed was because Crus' seal wasn't permanent. He couldn't guarantee that the "Lady of the Night" would be permanently sealed away, so he tried to train those girls so they would be able to completely seal/destroy her.
Well, I could buy that, but it doesn't explain why he kept letting - no, encouraging - them destroy the towers. I mean rather than sending a bunch of youma and then dressing like a Knight of Ni, he could of just showed up as himself and explained it to them. ...and sure he *said* the torture was just to purge their darkness, and even if it was "virtual" torture, he seemed to be enjoying it just a *little* too much if you ask me. Don't forget, the Dark Miko's were calling him their "dark master" or some such.

My personal take is maybe Blondie and Princess-lollicon were *both* evil and just enjoyed luring in gullible girls who've watched too much sailor sentai and playing with their minds (I suspect after the "sacrifice" Blondie, Youma-girl and Lolli were all behind a rock somewhere giggling their evil hearts out)

Also the "alternate world" theory makes some sense, but unfortunately not too much more. So the girls were whisked away into a place just like the Earth but with no people and yet, oddly, all the buildings and stuff - built by who exactly? However, "Lolli of the Night" never seemed very substantial here until the towers fell, so was it this parallel world she was trying to break into? Where was she before - already in our world? Maybe it wasn't the "real" world but the parallel one she was trying to destroy - if so, the girls pretty much helped her do it with their deadly singing.
Old 2004-03-10, 02:42   Link #146
marin

So is it too early to start handing out awards for

WORST ANIME OF 2004

?
Old 2004-03-10, 02:45   Link #147
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by marin

WORST ANIME OF 2004

?
Nope this one won HANDS DOWN! The utter nonsense of this anime is dumbfounding. WTF were the creators smoking when they came up w/ the story line to this .. this.. THING?
Old 2004-03-10, 02:53   Link #148
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin

WORST ANIME OF 2004

?
Well duh! :P
Old 2004-03-10, 16:20   Link #149
Tellu54
Banned

Well, since the other thread got closed: (This forum is amazing like that)

It looks like CosPrayers was diliberately made to be stupid. Hit wo Nerae, which is the next MOE show after CosPrayers and currently airing in its timeslot, concerns the making of CosPrayers. It, unlike the previous show, is actually funny, and contains numerous slams on its predeccessor. The premise is that the main character is getting her first big chance to produce what she thinks is a cool detective show, and turns out to be CosPrayers. From the preview of the second episode we can see that it will contain numerous 'outtakes', and it's already had some decent slams on the series...
Old 2004-03-11, 00:50   Link #150
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellu54

It looks like CosPrayers was diliberately made to be stupid. Hit wo Nerae, which is the next MOE show after CosPrayers and currently airing in its timeslot, concerns the making of CosPrayers. It, unlike the previous show, is actually funny, and contains numerous slams on its predeccessor. The premise is that the main character is getting her first big chance to produce what she thinks is a cool detective show, and turns out to be CosPrayers. From the preview of the second episode we can see that it will contain numerous 'outtakes', and it's already had some decent slams on the series...
YESS!!! Now it gets interesting! I always believed that you were above total crap MOE! *ahem ignoring my previous posts...* (Now please tell me the subbing groups didn't lose their eyesight and metal stability after 8 episodes of Cosprayers and still have it in them to sub Smash Hit?)

Hmm, so I wonder if the third series of this mini-MOE trio will follow this bizarre pattern...
Old 2004-03-11, 04:01   Link #151
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
It looks like CosPrayers was diliberately made to be stupid....
If this is really the case, then I have suddenly regained respect for MOE again... perhaps a bit of marketing genius on their part: Create (in all seriousness) a TERRIBLE show, get people talking about how terrible it is, and then use that buzz to push your REAL show about the making of the terrible show. BRILLIANT!
Sam Pinansky
Old 2004-03-11, 04:14   Link #152
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

So cosprayers was made just to set up some jokes in their next series? Kind of odd, but I agree with Quarkboy that it's a brilliant marketing strategy. Of course being brilliant doesn't mean it will work...
Anyway It sounds like Hit wo Nerae is a series I must see. Maybe it can make the time I wasted on cosprayers worth something...
Old 2004-03-11, 11:28   Link #153
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I just got a crazy thought! What if the four episodes being released exclusively on DVD are actually really, really good? You know, sort of like an apology from MOE for making us watch Cosprayers?
Old 2004-03-11, 11:53   Link #154
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
I just got a crazy thought! What if the four episodes being released exclusively on DVD are actually really, really good? You know, sort of like an apology from MOE for making us watch Cosprayers?
the problem is... how could that be logically possible?
Old 2004-03-11, 14:52   Link #155
Seiryuu

Any chance the new show will get subbed soon? Not asking for "when" thats against the rules. Just asking if any groups are thinking of taking it up. A CosPrayers parody sounds pretty good to me.

BTW, back on the series itself, did anyone else think the first full "reiya change" seemed a little odd? You know, when they first manage to match their thoughts and undergo a second "transformation", and they pass through the CosPrayers logo. For some reason, the way they reacted to that logo seemed very strange to me. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, watch ep 4 again. oh well. funny either way:P
Old 2004-03-11, 14:57   Link #156
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
Any chance the new show will get subbed soon? Not asking for "when" thats against the rules. Just asking if any groups are thinking of taking it up. A CosPrayers parody sounds pretty good to me.

BTW, back on the series itself, did anyone else think the first full "reiya change" seemed a little odd? You know, when they first manage to match their thoughts and undergo a second "transformation", and they pass through the CosPrayers logo. For some reason, the way they reacted to that logo seemed very strange to me. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, watch ep 4 again. oh well. funny either way:P
Ah, you're referring to the Tennis Racket Orgasmatron!
Old 2004-03-11, 15:40   Link #157
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
I know of at least 1 group doing Smash Hit, so no need to worry ( I think? ) I watched episode 1 raw, and omfg, so funny x_X;;... Not as funny as Tellu said earlier, but pretty funny.
Old 2004-03-11, 16:59   Link #158
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Tellu said it was actually funny, and you said it was omfg funny. How can I tell how funny it actually was? Your wording is ambiguous!
Old 2004-03-11, 19:41   Link #159
Tellu54
Banned

The first episode relies a little too much on jokes about panties...
Old 2004-03-12, 07:32   Link #160
Kokushi_Musou
太鼓の達人

Smash Hit? Funny? It's funny we have an abreviated name for that show....SHit. You know what? It fits real nice.
Closed Thread