Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-25, 09:44   Link #261
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
How faithful to the manga has the series been so far?
The anime is a prequel to the manga; "faithful" doesn't really apply.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 09:46   Link #262
Crying_Silver_Eyes
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Very good point! Apparently on their planet it is believed that the more skin one covers, the more one has to hide. Only a person who will expose the full length of their all limbs as well as their navel and much of their breasts could possibly be honest enough to entrust with one's life and loyalty.

Looking at that uniform teaches us a lot about what they believe is necessary in a leader... or maybe the costume designer is just a huge perv.
Ora maybe they use a super sexy uniform to startle and seduce the enemy!
Crying_Silver_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 09:49   Link #263
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

The mission?

"Kill all Terrain men... If they discover us, they make us perfect sex slaves.

Because the difference of races, is impossible to baby born and impossible to transmit desires."

LOL
Old 2007-10-25, 10:02   Link #264
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Interesting uniform discussion. I thought that after watching enough anime, such revealing outfits in implausible contexts are regarded as perfectly normal. Or maybe I have watched Simoun one time too many?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 10:02   Link #265
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Eh... we'll find out soon enough. Well, the exact mission they are currently on isn't what I'm worried about... it's the inevitable result of it and the subsequent events that'll make this fun.

Grr... it seems I can't find all of the manga. Epic GoogleQuest continues.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 11:59   Link #266
Seska

NoSanninWa, you cunning red fox

With your "Sex sells" topic, you pushed the posting limit per day over the limit for a week here...

Or are you trying to help us here out, to get an own "Current Series" sub forum

Okay, my try.

In a World only with Womans, there must be some of them "Man" alike. And the Captain here, is aware of his "Sexy" aura... We saw this in the School. Example, the 3 Fan girls, helped her out moving her stuff. And her envy against Mari, a "newbie" cash the big Fish (Hagino), impossible

But, i don't think that the Uniform is to much Sexy. Why have the Claymore Armor, some "Panties" in the youknowwhatimean area? Or have someone of us here a Bellybutton fetish? So nice Armor, but they must show the Bellybutton... is that some kind of status?
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 12:32   Link #267
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Can anyone tell me the usual release dates for the fansubbed episodes?
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 12:57   Link #268
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura View Post
i think the usual schedule is 'when they are done'. 3 episodes are at your disposal. I usually watch it raw and then wait for the subs. By this time i understand the details myself. Though i must say lately Genjo-subs provided their translation on a regular basis, once a week.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 13:28   Link #269
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Man, I had to resort to raws for the rest of the manga. Not a huge deal... it'll just take me (a lot) longer to read them.
Old 2007-10-25, 13:34   Link #270
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura View Post
Looking at their track record so far, it's been running about a week per episode.
  • Episode 1 = aired 2007-10-02 = subbed 2007-10-08 (6 days)
  • Epidose 2 = aired 2007-10-09 = subbed 2007-10-17 (8 days)
  • Episode 3 = aired 2007-10-16 = subbed 2007-10-22 (7 days)
  • Episode 4 = aired 2007-10-23 = subbed 2007-10-30? (7 days?)
So, unless something changes I would not expect the sub for Episode 4 to be released before Monday or Tuesday of next week. And of course, it could always be even longer if the group has any real life issues (like work, school, etc) to handle.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 14:06   Link #271
Seska

Um, do the Fan(Free) Subs need now some Clock stamps? (Stechuhren) Like in the Work?
Old 2007-10-25, 15:18   Link #272
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That was quite a few posts ago! So that folks can stop berating him I'll make it official:

Do NOT ask when the next episode will be released!
We didn't create that rule just to annoy you, we have that rule to keep you from annoying the fansubbers. They really do find it annoying, so be patient and be quiet. If it has been a while since the last episode was released, then feel free to read their website and/or forum where you'll probably see something posted by another impatient fan who is told to shut up and wait. You can find contact information for most groups here.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 15:23   Link #273
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
That was quite a few posts ago! So that folks can stop berating him
And take all the fun out of it?

To stay on topic, I liked the theories about the uniforms, but are there any interviews with the sensei's behind the series that say anything one way or the other about this?
Old 2007-10-25, 16:06   Link #274
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Okay... I've made it through the first three chapters of Tenshi no Bokura.

The first stories were 17+ material, but this... this is straying into pr0n. It has some very poignant moments in the second chapter (the true nature of Kenzo's plan and her perspective), but the stuff in chapter three is kind of... unnecessary. I get what the artist is trying to convey, and I understand why he chose to take that route, but it was so explicit that it began to detract (and distract) from the story being told. The content such as it is, I will no longer recommend it to anyone and may stop reading if it gets any worse than that.
Onto chapter four, hoping that was the worst of it.
Old 2007-10-25, 16:15   Link #275
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post

The first stories were 17+ material, but this... this is straying into pr0n. It has some very poignant moments in the second chapter (the true nature of Kenzo's plan and her perspective), but the stuff in chapter three is kind of... unnecessary. I get what the artist is trying to convey, and I understand why he chose to take that route, but it was so explicit that it began to detract (and distract) from the story being told. The content such as it is, I will no longer recommend it to anyone and may stop reading if it gets any worse than that.
Onto chapter four, hoping that was the worst of it.
...????...
.??..??...
.??..??...
.....??....
....??.....
....??.....
....??.....

What are you talking about? Wrong thread?
Old 2007-10-25, 16:15   Link #276
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Haha, I read the first two chapters of that... and it was already pr0n-ish enough . The worst of it is, it was serialized in a SHOUNEN magazine...

Quote:
What are you talking about? Wrong thread?
Blue Drop ~ Tenshi no Bokura is another Blue Drop manga

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 16:17   Link #277
Mentar
Banned

Keep in mind, Blue Drop is NOT related to Tenshi no Bokura, which takes place MUCH later in the future

And I'd consider it safe to say that we won't see anything TnB-style for sure.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-25, 16:46   Link #278
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Haha, I read the first two chapters of that... and it was already pr0n-ish enough . The worst of it is, it was serialized in a SHOUNEN magazine...
The second chapter I liked. What was in there was actually necessary for the story and was about as tasteful as it could be. Plus, it had a good emotional impact. It was interesting seeing a more cerebral take on this motif, since my entire experience with this theme consists of Ranma and Kashimashi.

The third chapter is, by far and away, the worst offender. I'm talking about 16 pages straight - over half the chapter - of stuff that'd make Hugh Hefner blush. "Shounen" my butt.
And no, with the recent censorship spike in Japan, the anime wouldn't dare even acknowledge this part of the story's existence.

And I just finished chapter four. It was considerably less... yeah... than the previous, and I snickered at the effect I imagined it having on anyone reading this manga for the wrong reason.
Put it this way: since all the women are over at Arume Street, the men have carved out their own little hangout

I have a feeling that, as the anime progresses, we'll see a few Arume fans crop up. I'd be interested in seeing how they'd react to this manga
Old 2007-10-25, 18:21   Link #279
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyelys View Post
Thinking about a Amazon Alien Race... Maybe a symbol of status and hierarchy are femininity and sexuality. Dresses walk together with it.
Femininity is femininity because it is feminine compared to masculinity. Sexuality exists because people’s preference to either gender is different. How can an all female society being so conscious about femininity when there is nothing to compare with? How can they have sexuality when they have only one gender? Have you heard anyone, a human, says, “I am not interested in men nor women. I am only interested in the third gender.” What third gender? There is no third gender. Having a preference to a gender other than male or female is even inconceivable.

Maybe we are just too conscious about this because we have different genders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
In a World only with Womans, there must be some of them "Man" alike. And the Captain here, is aware of his "Sexy" aura... We saw this in the School. Example, the 3 Fan girls, helped her out moving her stuff. And her envy against Mari, a "newbie" cash the big Fish (Hagino), impossible
In term of attraction and reproduction, I am guessing that should be the case. Of course, there is always asexual reproduction and it is not all that bad. You just have to look at the long term impact of asexual reproduction and sexual reproduction. Asexual reproduction may be the better solution in a long run. But I really don't think the author is ever interested.
Old 2007-10-25, 18:31   Link #280
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Your points, from back to front:

Well it is hard to be intrested in asexual reproduction. I don't even think that asexual beings are very interested in asexual reproduction. While one might write about such creatures as background in a story, they are rarely of tremendous interest to an author.

And as for having sexuality with only one gender, that is quite possible. Asexuality is not the same as homosexuality.

Finally... as for feminity only existing in contrast to masculity, you're really not looking at the world. Many things exist without needing opposites to contrast themselves against. Greater feminity would still exist in contrast to less feminity. It would be viewed as a spectrum, not a contrast.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri