AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-25, 06:49   Link #241
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

We've never really seen Miata release her youki at all - what we've seen is just her 'normal' strength at work. The fight will be skill versus instinct and this is probably one of the toughest fights ever starting right off. Galatea's little battle plan of taunting an opponent before attacking won't work on Miata. The only way taunting will work is if Galatea makes fun of Clarice but then she'll have to deal with an enraged Miata so the trade-off might not be good at first. If Miata gets blinded by rage enough, then Galatea can easily take her down - it's getting her to that point that will be the battle.

That's my call on it.
Old 2007-10-25, 08:43   Link #242
Siva

Wow! the war between Teresa and Priscilla in this forum is much stronger than the one in Manga.
Ok now plz let me finish this war and we r go on to the next one Miata vs Galatea.

If you ask what will happened to Teresa if Priscilla actually did that sneak atk, then I'll ask the questioner back, what will happened to those 4 if Teresa get serious from the start? (Plz dont start another war with my question )
Old 2007-10-25, 08:44   Link #243
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
This is the thing, we don't really know who Miata discovered in the big city. The highest chance is Galatea but it could be anyone as far as I can see.
Old 2007-10-25, 09:17   Link #244
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

We are working under the assumption that it is Miata Vs Galatea

and khryoleoz, for the sake of the forum, we are cutting off that topic for now, despite my own personal desire to respond.
Old 2007-10-25, 09:23   Link #245
stormy001_M1A2

Well, I think Galatea will be defeated in a close fight. Miata feral and 5 senses very much did not give her much warning so by the time the supermodel Claymore can act, she will be disadvantaged. Clarice maybe weak but she still can do something in the upcoming fight.

Of course just my bet. Anyone is welcomed to join the bet.
Old 2007-10-25, 09:23   Link #246
Sassarai
Army of One

Only way Galatea will win is if she shows her boobs to Miata and let her breast feed . (At least thats what all the galatea fans want) I dont think Galatea will stand a chance if she fought since miata is suppose to rival no1. If somehow Galatea is able to get that strong in 7 years she would be sooo damm cool.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2007-10-25 at 13:38.
Old 2007-10-25, 09:26   Link #247
stormy001_M1A2

Well, she got looks, maybe she can hire private military contractors to fight for her? Who knows.
Old 2007-10-25, 10:01   Link #248
LesAmiesNoir
A hopeless romantic girl

Well considering the battle we have a strategist versus an animal (mentaly in battle.) So let's play with the thought a little.

While Miata will be the first to charge at (as we presume) Galatea, she will be surpriesed, and most likely damaged. Now we can consider that Galatea is far above the cratures that Miata tore with her own hands.
But let's asume she blocks Miata without much of a problem. Then when the surprise moment is over at Miata and Clarice have revealed themselves, what happens.
Old 2007-10-25, 10:09   Link #249
Sassarai
Army of One

seriously man this is the only way she can defeat miata

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-25, 11:13   Link #250
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesAmiesNoir View Post
Well considering the battle we have a strategist versus an animal (mentaly in battle.) So let's play with the thought a little.

While Miata will be the first to charge at (as we presume) Galatea, she will be surpriesed, and most likely damaged. Now we can consider that Galatea is far above the cratures that Miata tore with her own hands.
But let's asume she blocks Miata without much of a problem. Then when the surprise moment is over at Miata and Clarice have revealed themselves, what happens.
Instinctual and animalstic are two very different things, since all experienced warriors are experienced warriors due to their superior instincts in combat. Miata's ability allows her to fight purely on instinct, which gives her an edge in combat that only the greatest of warriors would have.

Her ability basically gives her a free-pass on experience, as she does not need to gain combat experience to be an effecient fighter.

Galatea has the edge as far as stratigic thinking is concerned though, but it really depends on the situation.

If Galatea is able to form a plan while fighting Miata, she may be able to hold out, but if she is too overwhelmed then she will likely lose.
Old 2007-10-25, 13:07   Link #251
Taylor_Maclaurin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Sneak attacks are avoided when detected, my point is simply that Teresa did not detect Priscilla at all, thus would have not been able to avoid the attack.

If you want a DBZ example of where a sneak attack did not work, it was generally because in DBZ weak attacks bounce off stronger opponents, which does not happen in Claymore unless your an AB.
Quote:
"There was another one? But I did not sense her aura at all!"
I would say that compared to high amount of youki around her, Priscilla's youki-less attack could wound Teresa but definitely wouldn't kill her. As I wrote before, the moment Priscilla would touch Teresa she would be dead. Teresa wouldn't play with Priscilla like she did and adjusted to her abilites (this wasn't an even match even for small amount of time as you stated) but kill her without second thought. That's what adrenaline does, either you run or you fight, Teresa was a fighter type, even average person would fight back when hit. This wouldn't be a double KO and Priscilla wouldn't have time to run unless she suddenly released her youki. You said yourself that Teresa's youki sensing was unique and superb. Thus she would definitely sense even the slightest change within her range. Also even before Prisiclla released any youki Teresa said: "Deep inside she harbors a monster". She was able to sense Rafaela in the deserted area when she was a kid, when she met with Priscilla there were 3 warriors leaking youki BUT her senses must had been better after many years and Priscilla had more youki than Rafaela so within few meters she would definitely know what to do. She was in battle mode, warmed-up so you can't bring up her defeat when:
- she relaxed and waited naively for Priscilla to let her behead her
- Priscilla was much more powerful
- author cheated as I stated in one of my few posts http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=138 (that's why it was easy to find it )
Old 2007-10-25, 13:30   Link #252
Sassarai
Army of One

Why do random ppl jump in after the main ppl have decided to stop after debating for pages.
Old 2007-10-25, 13:34   Link #253
Gooral
Banned

If Galatea quickly realizes that Clarice is important to Miata, she might manipulate Clarice and use this to defeat Miata / escape.
Someone mentioned somewhere (forgive me my short memory and if I misinterpreted) that Galatea's chance for power-up would be learning Teresa's ability. What if she just improved her own manipulation technique ? For example allowing her to cause adversary to hallucinate. It shouldn't be that hard, even in Middle Ages people punctured/pressed their skulls to experience similar feeling when on drugs (when someone has cancer or aneurism on theur head strange things are happening), so if she could affect Miata's senses she could kill her easily.

Last edited by Gooral; 2007-10-25 at 13:47.
Old 2007-10-25, 13:38   Link #254
LesAmiesNoir
A hopeless romantic girl

That would be a solution. Then again Galatea doing something to Clarice means enraging Miata even worse.
Old 2007-10-25, 13:49   Link #255
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesAmiesNoir View Post
That would be a solution. Then again Galatea doing something to Clarice means enraging Miata even worse.
Not necessaryly injuring, using her as shield or distraction should work.
Old 2007-10-25, 13:53   Link #256
Kalinas

Miata is mentally unstable, thus enabling Galatea to use her yoki control power. But then again, if Miata doesn't use yoki in her attacks, this makes Galatea's ability pointless.
Old 2007-10-25, 13:55   Link #257
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinas View Post
Miata is mentally unstable, thus enabling Galatea to use her yoki control power. But then again, if Miata doesn't use yoki in her attacks, this makes Galatea's ability pointless.
Male awakened being in Pieta could control claymores who didn't use youki so I don't see why Galatea couldn't do it.
Old 2007-10-25, 14:14   Link #258
Sassarai
Army of One

Oh man Galatea would be unstoppable if she learned Teresa's special ability plus improved on her own.

Btw- Hopefully we will get to see her in a cool new outfit as well o_O
Old 2007-10-25, 14:14   Link #259
Taylor_Maclaurin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Why do random ppl jump in after the main ppl have decided to stop after debating for pages. :eyebrow:
Sorry for being random but sometimes I want to participate in discussions too :P. I didn't have time to spend on reply before, and it's not my fault that discussions here are so dynamic and subject is changing quickly. I just stated sth which wasn't stated before and it had relevance with Fenrir's arguments. Also if I remember Fenrir_valindri and Gooral are the main "evildoers" and are in no position to say that this shouldn't be debated since they talked about it for Giga bytes :P.
Old 2007-10-25, 14:16   Link #260
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_Maclaurin View Post
Also if I remember Fenrir_valindri and Gooral are the main "evildoers"
Amen!! They both form the Axis of evil all right maybe along with Khryloez too.
Closed Thread