AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-26, 02:14   Link #9541
Hasako
The Reaper of Misery

hey can anybody post up amount of votes yet ??
Old 2007-10-26, 02:27   Link #9542
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

Usually Aya Reiko posts up the vote counts, but since she/he's not on, I think you should check on todkapuz's older posts to get a hold of the program made to count the votes if you're really desperate for an interim count
Old 2007-10-26, 02:36   Link #9543
Hikari no Clover

oh, Rena is losing lol
Old 2007-10-26, 02:36   Link #9544
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Come on, Rena, put a tougher fight é_è
Old 2007-10-26, 02:38   Link #9545
HikaruYagami
Umineko Fanatic!!

Send a message via AIM to HikaruYagami Send a message via MSN to HikaruYagami
Well Rena might have a chance cause of the fake vote count and all =/

what's the current score?
Old 2007-10-26, 04:02   Link #9546
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Woof.... I'm gone for a day and a half and have to sort thru a kazillion posts....

Just got finished Voting for my homie Rachel! She's da bomb! (Esp. handy w/ that billhook, too)

Anyhoo... I s'pose I'll be trolling here throughout the weekend, too...

にぱ~☆

Nope. Not a thing.
Old 2007-10-26, 04:06   Link #9547
Hasako
The Reaper of Misery

im srry i know this is entirely off topic and i hope u wont ban me for this but what exactly is trolling?
Old 2007-10-26, 04:14   Link #9548
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasako View Post
im srry i know this is entirely off topic and i hope u wont ban me for this but what exactly is trolling?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Can't wait for Otaku battle tomorrow
Old 2007-10-26, 04:14   Link #9549
Conri

Quarterfinals already? (I don't think I've been here since I found my ISP was banned.)

If I could vote, I'd vote for Rena, Konata, and Rika. I'm surprised at the number of fifteen year-old or older quarterfinalists, although Lucky Star's simple character design style explains some of it as does Nanoha's residual so-called "loli power".

I was browsing back through some of the pages...was there as much negative posting last year? Maybe it was just the pages I landed on...?

I see some people posting/giving codes... This question has probably already been answered, but: Wouldn't such votes be disqualified? The people helping out probably already voted from their computers, and the code generating and posting locations are different.
Old 2007-10-26, 04:25   Link #9550
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri View Post
I see some people posting/giving codes... This question has probably already been answered, but: Wouldn't such votes be disqualified? The people helping out probably already voted from their computers, and the code generating and posting locations are different.
Some people have more than one IP and adhere to the one vote one person "rule" such that they have other IPs that they can use to vote with for other people.
Old 2007-10-26, 04:26   Link #9551
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

With some many calling a Rena loss now, why do i have the feeling that Nanoha will be taken back home?

And a word about fake voting. The only way to stop fake votes is to have Saimoe organizers at the very least publish the result every hour or so (realtime the better). Technically this is definitely do-able. Or else, fake voting strategy is fair game in my humble opinion even though i don't like it personally.
Old 2007-10-26, 04:38   Link #9552
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

I was browsing back through some of the pages...was there as much negative posting last year? Maybe it was just the pages I landed on...?
Final eight of last year was much uglier after a match, between those mourning the loss of their favorite and those gloating to no end over the losers. Now, think about how much uglier it was in anonymous boards like 4chan and 2ch.
Old 2007-10-26, 04:51   Link #9553
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimeball View Post
This is the entry for best moe tournament...

Spoiler for charas 4 best moet:

sory if u guys find it rather confusing
I just directly translated it, so there may be some errors in spelling :3
You mean the Super 2006+2007 Combined Best Moe tournament, scheduled for sometime after K Saimoe 2007 is over, yes?

A quick few cross-checks with Wontaek's post early suggests this is, but just making sure.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-10-26, 04:52   Link #9554
Conri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Final eight of last year was much uglier after a match, between those mourning the loss of their favorite and those gloating to no end over the losers. Now, think about how much uglier it was in anonymous boards like 4chan and 2ch.
I remember ugliness on 4chan and some "hateful" character art on 2ch in the last few days, but I guess it's been so long, I've forgotten any of the bad things that happened here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Some people have more than one IP and adhere to the one vote one person "rule" such that they have other IPs that they can use to vote with for other people.
Thanks, I forgot about that. I'd give a code to someone, but it's no fun when I can't post my own comments with "my" vote.
Old 2007-10-26, 04:56   Link #9555
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Some people also shared single IP, like the GPRS provider I'm using while away, one IP for all customer. one user banned everyone banned.

On the other hand since getting voting code involve waiting for 2hours, it isn't that easy to vote many time when having extra IP. I'd say the extra effort show extra devotion :P

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
Old 2007-10-26, 05:07   Link #9556
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimeball View Post
This is the entry for best moe tournament...

Spoiler for charas 4 best moet:
Churuya-san instead of Tsuruya-san? Jesus LOL
Old 2007-10-26, 05:10   Link #9557
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Hahaha, if that wasn't a typo/mis-romanisation but a deliberate "Churuya, not the original Tsuruya-san" then XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Man, I'd never be able to vote Churuya when I know what full Tsuruya-san is like (novels). ^^;;

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-10-26, 05:35   Link #9558
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
With some many calling a Rena loss now, why do i have the feeling that Nanoha will be taken back home?

And a word about fake voting. The only way to stop fake votes is to have Saimoe organizers at the very least publish the result every hour or so (realtime the better). Technically this is definitely do-able. Or else, fake voting strategy is fair game in my humble opinion even though i don't like it personally.
The organizers oppose the publication of interim results since it can affect the outcome of the tournament. Thus they have a reason to tolerate fake votes as they muddle the waters and render such vote totals unreliable.
Old 2007-10-26, 05:47   Link #9559
Shadow85

Go my White Devil ! Blast Rena with your Starlight Breaker ! XD
Old 2007-10-26, 06:03   Link #9560
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Current thread (R276) (There was no R274) -- http://etc6.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1193394316/

Current totals (inc fake votes) @ R276, P40:
Rena = 1128
Nanoha = 1309

- - - - -

I suspect either Nanoha got a lot of early fake votes, or Rena is getting a lot of recent fake votes. All things considered, I'd bet more on the latter.