Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-28, 23:37   Link #10221
Teiran
NPC
*Author

Haha, fail, I didn't even put <<柊つかさ>> in my post. Congrats on not having that one extra vote cast for your opponent, Shinku!
Old 2007-10-28, 23:41   Link #10222
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MotokoAoyama- View Post
Till the moment of Kagamin's defeat, Higurashi characters have kept a rather low profile in the tournament...
Discussing Higurashi characters here is making us stand out... Shouldn't we learn from Hanyuu and go into stealth mode again now?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2007-10-28, 23:43   Link #10223
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
Discussing Higurashi characters here is making us stand out... Shouldn't we learn from Hanyuu and go into stealth mode again now?
If by stealth mode you mean making your eyes glow and vowing to never give up... sure, why not.
Old 2007-10-28, 23:45   Link #10224
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

Enough with Higurashi discussion (lol, I get pulled into that so easily too, ) About Higurashi as a faction: it really does have certain advantages. First of all, it isn't a series that is widely hated (and adored at the same time) like RM and Nanoha, or has a faction of KyoAni-haters working against them like L*S. Till the moment of Kagamin's defeat, Higurashi characters have kept a rather low profile in the tournament, so compared to other characters in the final stages, they have less of a revenge-voting burden. Plus the complexity of the original plotline, Higurashi characters enjoy a rounded personality plus very cute exteriors, which attracts both loli lovers and those who find characters with a deeper personality to be more moe. The downside is that Higurashi's fanbase doesn't seem to be as large as RM or Nanoha. Sure, this has been great for preventing an anti-Higurashi faction from springing up, but this also means that there is less organized support of the characters.
And if there is a Higu/Higu final in Saimoe this year i am betting a huge backlash in next years Saimoe.
Old 2007-10-28, 23:45   Link #10225
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Don't be greedy, Higurashi fans. Many other series' fans would have killed (not literally) for one character in quarterfinals.

I for one prefer Rena over Rika, but ironically won't vote Rena (Nagi, plz) and I'll vote Rika.

As for Korean Saimoe final match discussion:

Teiran, your Shana collage is wow. 22 images without breaking any space or size limitation, while covering all of Shana's qualities. HikaruYagami, if you haven't chosen yet, this pic needs to be seen. Link

The final match poster and the video were nice to see. And I wonder if someone is up to the task of doing "reverse" bracketing (i.e. make a chart), for people to keep with a reminder of this tournament.

Spoiler for Shana at K.Moe:

(On a side note, I think ando personally requested (not here) not to post the counter's link).

I sorta apologize for the sorta long wall of text. It just came out.

Never forget
Old 2007-10-28, 23:47   Link #10226
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Enough with Higurashi discussion (lol, I get pulled into that so easily too, ) About Higurashi as a faction: it really does have certain advantages. First of all, it isn't a series that is widely hated (and adored at the same time) like RM and Nanoha, or has a faction of KyoAni-haters working against them like L*S. Till the moment of Kagamin's defeat, Higurashi characters have kept a rather low profile in the tournament, so compared to other characters in the final stages, they have less of a revenge-voting burden. Plus the complexity of the original plotline, Higurashi characters enjoy a rounded personality plus very cute exteriors, which attracts both loli lovers and those who find characters with a deeper personality to be more moe. The downside is that Higurashi's fanbase doesn't seem to be as large as RM or Nanoha. Sure, this has been great for preventing an anti-Higurashi faction from springing up, but this also means that there is less organized support of the characters.
First, there might be three classes of Higurashi fans:
  1. Those who care to dive deeply into the complexity and ingenuity of the story. It's very likely that the people here would unknowingly form an in-group thought.
  2. Those who only care to scratch the surface. Attracted to those cute characters and the games they played during recess or after school. Take the tragedies with a grain of salt and a pinch of pepper.
  3. Those who are in between group 1 and 2 like yours truly here.
To truly appreciate Higurashi (Group 1), you need an analytical brain, enjoy deep thinking and attentive to details. Even their number could be small, nevertheless they're a truly united faction because of the in-group thinking. They need no rallying thread or board, because they're hidden between you and i. This group of people will automatically know what to do when the times come.

If my above hypothesis is true, that really explains a lot of anomalies throughout the whole competition.
Old 2007-10-28, 23:54   Link #10227
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiran View Post
Haha, fail, I didn't even put <<柊つかさ>> in my post. Congrats on not having that one extra vote cast for your opponent, Shinku!
I don't know where it is (hopefully Ando can chime in) .... but I'd go post in the adminstration thread that you mean to put a vote for Tsukasa in your rush... from the template, hopefully they can't argue (dont know if you HAVE to do that between 23:00 and 00:00 or not... but I'd try now if you could)

edit: I think this is it: http://ex21.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime4vip/1193566909/

dont know the protocol.... but I'd put full link of :

http://etc6.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1193613368/718

then put something like ..

私はポストに「<<つかさ>>」を入れるつもりでした。

I dont know if it will work.. but worth a try?

Spoiler for Count Thy Thread:

Last edited by todkapuz; 2007-10-29 at 00:14.
Old 2007-10-28, 23:56   Link #10228
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
http://etc6.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vo...613368/716-743

Wow... Margafred got super creative on us... very nice.
LoL just playing around with the templates...glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
It took me like half a minute to figure out what 728 said. So much eyestrain trying to read it.
LoL you too?

Anyway nice rushing with everyone...nice to see 15 lined-up uninterrupted rush for today
Old 2007-10-29, 00:03   Link #10229
OverFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
If my above hypothesis is true, that really explains a lot of anomalies throughout the whole competition.
For the record, I think the strategy that ended up with Rena and Rika as block winner as sorta Light-esque (or should I say 34-esque). She didn't really figure in LS fans' radar until the saw Kagami's blood in Rena's cleaver (I can't still believe how understimated she was here, it was almost like Louise and Suigintou). I can't say if Hayate could have been a stronger rival than Yuno (X'__'), but some conspiracy theories could say that Higu fans controlled that match behind stage.

Same thing as with block G. Many could have said at the beginning that the block final was incidentally the first match. Ayu vs Rein. Somehow Ayu lost to Eruruu in 2nd round. And people will tell you that Anti-Key murdered Ayu, but they could have easily done that in first round. It's honestly beyond me how Eruruu could have lost to Sayuri (And Anti-key didn't kicked in yo). But in the end Sayuri was the easiest one of all possible rivals Rika could have got.

In the end, everything was just as planned.

Never forget
Old 2007-10-29, 00:04   Link #10230
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
True, true. It certainly is time to become invisible again (runs off going au au au). Just wanted to say that Higurashi fans aren't greedy, in fact, I'd be really happy if Rika could make it (and I'm sure many others would be really, really happy if Rena could make it)

Either way, congratz on the nice rush. 15 continuous posts is quite a feat. Didn't participate in this one though because am actually trying to do my work, so couldn't really keep track of the time. I'll be joining in during the semifinals though ^^
Old 2007-10-29, 00:04   Link #10231
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

As a few of you keeping up with the interim results would know, Shinku got back the lead from Tsukasa till Tsukasa all the sudden got an additional 10 vote from somewhere.

1. 951 Hiiragi Tsukasa @ Lucky Star
2. 948 Shinku @ Rozen Maiden Ouverture

This is turning into a very flip-flop match... XD
Old 2007-10-29, 00:06   Link #10232
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
First, there might be three classes of Higurashi fans:
  1. Those who care to dive deeply into the complexity and ingenuity of the story. It's very likely that the people here would unknowingly form an in-group thought.
  2. Those who only care to scratch the surface. Attracted to those cute characters and the games they played during recess or after school. Take the tragedies with a grain of salt and a pinch of pepper.
  3. Those who are in between group 1 and 2 like yours truly here.
To truly appreciate Higurashi (Group 1), you need an analytical brain, enjoy deep thinking and attentive to details. Even their number could be small, nevertheless they're a truly united faction because of the in-group thinking. They need no rallying thread or board, because they're hidden between you and i. This group of people will automatically know what to do when the times come.

Well not sure how analytical my brain is. Got into the series after in another series thread it getting mentioned a little. So got into it quickly and caught up with the first season without much trouble. Though maybe marathoning late at night wasn't the best plan . The deepness of the story really is a high point, trying to figure out as best you can with limited information just what is going on. What's real, how much is supernatural etc. Fun to try and handle it. But have to admit some of the best times are those light hearted moments.

In terms of laying low...Isn't getting 2 characters into the final 4 kind've making that a very difficult task to accomplish? Cant back away now, must take on fate full force and head on. But I guess it couldn't hurt to step back for a bit. Making foolish moves isn't the way to handle a battle with fate after all.

So a good rush today. No clue if Shinku will manage to win or if Tsukasa will continue her path onward. Its the end for one of these series who have put up quite the battle. No matter who loses it was a good job to make it so far in a tournament like this.
Old 2007-10-29, 00:08   Link #10233
Conri

Going once...going twice... If any Shinku voters with extra IPs wants a valid code to vote, PM me.

Quote:
What a coincidence, Mion was my favorite until Minagoroshi-hen when I got converted, haha.
Yeah, it's too bad, but Mion has lost that special something lately, even though she has both a tattoo and a ponytail going for her (both features I tend to like). As for miko outfits, I think I'm desensitized since they tend to appear in a lot of shows...I like the uniqueness of Rena's dress & hat (& cleaver).
Spoiler for Higurashi Kai & Rika:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
If Rena beats Nagi then everyone will be gunning for Rika to prevent two Higurashi characters in the finals.

A Rena VS. Rika finale would be anticlimatic because either way Higurashi fans win. Most people wouldn't bother voting.
The problem with all this over-complication is...what if Rena loses because people wanted to sacrifice her, and then Rika still loses to the "heavy-weight" Shinku or Tsukasa? It would be a tad ironic. {{insert manic laughter from you-probably-know-who here}} I remember people complained last year over three major Haruhi characters ending up in the same group, but I personally think that is preferable to this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
And if there is a Higu/Higu final in Saimoe this year i am betting a huge backlash in next years Saimoe.
*shrugs* In that case, I'd prefer to see a new winner from a show with no prior winners anyway.
Old 2007-10-29, 00:30   Link #10234
OverFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri View Post
The problem with all this over-complication is...what if Rena loses because people wanted to sacrifice her, and then Rika still loses to the "heavy-weight" Shinku or Tsukasa? It would be a tad ironic. {{insert manic laughter from you-probably-know-who here}} I remember people complained last year over three major Haruhi characters ending up in the same group, but I personally think that is preferable to this situation.
Well, it could also go that Higurashi fans push Rena successfully, but "sacrifice" Rika to Tsukasa/Shinku and end losing the final anyway.

I don't know how it played out in 2005, but Rozen Maiden got 2 characters in semifinals, had all the cards, and Nanoha still got away with the trophy. I wonder how they planned that situation out, and how Higu fans can learn from that.

Never forget
Old 2007-10-29, 00:34   Link #10235
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

@OverFunk
Well, Nanoha is really moe back then (before StrikerS, but I like her as an adult too) in my opinion. Some people may not find dolls to be their moe, at least that's my guess. Also, I don't see a point in Higurashi fans sacrificing Rika if Rena gets through her match. After all, isn't Rika vs either Shinku or Tsukasa going to be after Rena/Nagi match? Therefore, after Rika's semifinals match, it'll be directly into the finals. Sacrifice or not, it won't change Rena's results. In fact, if Rika does get through too, then it'll be a Higurashi win for sure, right? I can see the rationale for sacrificing Rena, but not for Rika.

Last edited by -MotokoAoyama-; 2007-10-29 at 01:09.
Old 2007-10-29, 00:39   Link #10236
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

All this talk about how Higurashi fans should vote, shouldn't everyone just vote for whatever character they feel most moe about? I definitely won't sacrifice Rena just so Rika will have a higher chance of winning. I'll vote for both (unless Rika's match is against Tsukasa) and just see what happens. Sure, it might end up with an anticlimatic all-Higurashi final, but consequences won't be till next year and hey, that's a long time away and a long time to be happy about a Higurashi win.

Of course I'm getting ahead of myself though...
Old 2007-10-29, 00:39   Link #10237
christinemarie
Crazy One

I hope Tsukasa wins her current match with Shinku (had enough with the dolls already)...I want a Rena (Well unless Nagi's supporters would do something about it) vs Tsukasa(if she manage to defeat the almighty Rika-sama) matchup in the finals. Ironically Mai Nakahara voice both of those characters with Tsukasa (drama CD not anime).
Old 2007-10-29, 00:41   Link #10238
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

@Micchi
That's what I think too. Currently, we're just making up theories about how other Higurashi fans might vote. I definitely will be just going by my moe meter, haha
Old 2007-10-29, 00:45   Link #10239
OverFunk

Quote:
@OverFunk
Well, Nanoha is really moe back then (before StrikerS, but I like her as an adult too) in my opinion. Some people may not find dolls to be their moe, at least that's my guess. Also, I don't see a point in Higurashi fans sacrificing Rika if Rena gets through her match. After all, isn't Rika vs either Shinku or Tsukasa going to be after Rena/Nagi match? Therefore, after Rika's semifinals match, it'll be directly into the finals. Sacrifice or not, it won't change Rena's results. In fact, if Rika does get through too, then it'll be a Higurashi win for sure, right? I can see the rationale for sacrificing Rika, but not for Rena.
Well, it's not like Nanoha didn't deserve it back then. But that tournament was dominated all over by Rozen Maiden (And Mai-Hime and Negima were other big players), most of the dolls had to be defeated by other dolls or Nanoha. And although Nanoha was the winner, she sorta came out of nowhere, since I think only she advanced above round 1 of her series.

As for this one, just don't be greedy. I can see that securing the win for Higurashi is not really that hard. But the final will be boring. And next year, they'll have a big target on their necks. For sake of spectacle, I'd rather have only one of them in the final. Although I shouldn't speak too early since Nagi, Tsukasa and Shinku are not weaklings. One of them could very well be the "Nanoha" of this tournament.

Never forget
Old 2007-10-29, 00:46   Link #10240
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
For the record, I think the strategy that ended up with Rena and Rika as block winner as sorta Light-esque (or should I say 34-esque). She didn't really figure in LS fans' radar until the saw Kagami's blood in Rena's cleaver (I can't still believe how understimated she was here, it was almost like Louise and Suigintou). I can't say if Hayate could have been a stronger rival than Yuno (X'__'), but some conspiracy theories could say that Higu fans controlled that match behind stage.

Same thing as with block G. Many could have said at the beginning that the block final was incidentally the first match. Ayu vs Rein. Somehow Ayu lost to Eruruu in 2nd round. And people will tell you that Anti-Key murdered Ayu, but they could have easily done that in first round. It's honestly beyond me how Eruruu could have lost to Sayuri (And Anti-key didn't kicked in yo). But in the end Sayuri was the easiest one of all possible rivals Rika could have got.

In the end, everything was just as planned.
There's a Latin saying res ipsa loquitor (the thing speaks for itself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
In terms of laying low...Isn't getting 2 characters into the final 4 kind've making that a very difficult task to accomplish? Cant back away now, must take on fate full force and head on. But I guess it couldn't hurt to step back for a bit. Making foolish moves isn't the way to handle a battle with fate after all.
Quote:
@OverFunk
Well, Nanoha is really moe back then (before StrikerS, but I like her as an adult too) in my opinion. Some people may not find dolls to be their moe, at least that's my guess. Also, I don't see a point in Higurashi fans sacrificing Rika if Rena gets through her match. After all, isn't Rika vs either Shinku or Tsukasa going to be after Rena/Nagi match? Therefore, after Rika's semifinals match, it'll be directly into the finals. Sacrifice or not, it won't change Rena's results. In fact, if Rika does get through too, then it'll be a Higurashi win for sure, right? I can see the rationale for sacrificing Rika, but not for Rena.
I propose the answer to the question to be self-evident.

Laying low is probably a tactic or at best a strategy; it's never the objective!
Closed Thread