AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-10-22, 21:47   Link #601
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Is Thriller Bark close to ending? I'm supposed to write up Arlong Park's entries on them but I'm not touching the arc until it's fully finished, and I'm not going back to AP until either it finishes or my fall quarter ends.

After that disaster that was Enies Lobby, chapter-by-chapter ain't my deal anymore. ._.;
Your porbably gonna have to sit back and relax for a while... considering how long fights can last in one piece, not to mention the transition from one arc to the next, i think it's safe to say that thiller bark will probably go on to 2008; though that's a pretty bold guess since it can be very hard to predict Oda; things could wrap up sooner, or they could drag on with the inclusion of something new and unexpected.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 22:55   Link #602
Nuzzles

Who is that swordsman that is always by Garps side?

Edit: also, where in the hell did his giant iron ball on a chain come from when he was attacking the Strawhats?

Last edited by Nuzzles; 2007-11-05 at 23:43.
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 03:05   Link #603
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzzles View Post
Probly someone important to reveal later on.After all he is the first-mate of a legend...maybe Dadan from fuschia village? ("Fuschia was where Monkey D. Luffy was sent by Garp and where he starts his journey to become King of the Pirates" says wiki, so I wonder if Garp's first mate sent him there personally, informing the mayor about Luffy to support him to become a marine? that can explain why the mayor was so terrified when they learn about Luffy's new bounty..)
Spoiler for ':

Quote:
Edit: also, where in the hell did his giant iron ball on a chain come from when he was attacking the Strawhats?
Some questions can never be answered.Like how Luffy's clothes shrink in gear third or why sanjis clothes never burns in diable jambe
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 15:00   Link #604
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Thanks for the info.

Quote:
His name's Bogart.

Quote:
From his pocket.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 17:36   Link #605
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Thanks for the info.

His name's Bogart.

From his pocket.
LOL, thanks for that.

Anyway, is there any connection between the amount of money offered to the Strawhats for their gold in Water 7 and Luffy's bounty after Enies Lobby? First offer 100 million, which is the amount of Luffy's bounty when he entered Water 7, but then rose to 300 million, which is his bounty afterwards. Was this some big hint from Oda way back then?
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 00:42   Link #606
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

Man I feel really bad, I used to be so into one piece, but I left off about a year ago. I stopped at Luffy Discovering his family heritage (dragon being his father) but that was in manga, Im sure they've made into anime by now. So anyway what I ask is, in a nutshell whats happend since then? Has anymore shichbukai been discovered? Or anymore encounterd? And who is Odz and Morria? And is theyre any pix of them?
Old 2007-11-17, 12:05   Link #607
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

in a nutshell well 1st il start with their new bounties
Strawhat Luffy: 300 million
Pirate Hunter Zoro: 120 million
Catburglar Nami: 16 million
King of Snipers SogeKing: 30 million
Black Leg Sanji: 77 million
Cotton Candy Lover Chopper: 50 beli( they thought he was just the strawhats pet)
Demon Child Nico Robin: 80 million( they rose it a million as an excuse to update her pic) and Cyborg Franky: 44 million.
Franky joins the crew and they get a new ship. Ace finally meets blackbeard they have a huge battle victor unknown. back to the strawhats-they try to go to merman island they meet a talking skeleton with no shadow they get trapped on a giant ship with zombies. more than half the crew get their shadows takin. gecko moria (an inhumanely huge shichibukia former bounty 320 million) is the captain and he stole their shadows. Oz is a giant of a giant with luffys shadow in him. u see Bartholomew kuma(another inhumanely huge shichibukai) who reveals ace lost(its unknown if hes dead) and blackbeard is know a shichibukai. and last but not least u see nightmare luffy which is one of the most greatest things in life. sorry pretty big nutshell
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 14:45   Link #608
white-devil
Magic Monkey Wizard

Send a message via MSN to white-devil
Could somebody please refresh my memory and tell me in which episode Zoro gets his new swords. Those that gets broken during the Sanji arch.
white-devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 15:48   Link #609
DrunkenRyder
Segundo Arrancar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
in a nutshell well 1st il start with their new bounties
Strawhat Luffy: 300 million
Pirate Hunter Zoro: 120 million
Catburglar Nami: 16 million
King of Snipers SogeKing: 30 million
Black Leg Sanji: 77 million
Cotton Candy Lover Chopper: 50 beli( they thought he was just the strawhats pet)
Demon Child Nico Robin: 80 million( they rose it a million as an excuse to update her pic) and Cyborg Franky: 44 million.
Franky joins the crew and they get a new ship. Ace finally meets blackbeard they have a huge battle victor unknown. back to the strawhats-they try to go to merman island they meet a talking skeleton with no shadow they get trapped on a giant ship with zombies. more than half the crew get their shadows takin. gecko moria (an inhumanely huge shichibukia former bounty 320 million) is the captain and he stole their shadows. Oz is a giant of a giant with luffys shadow in him. u see Bartholomew kuma(another inhumanely huge shichibukai) who reveals ace lost(its unknown if hes dead) and blackbeard is know a shichibukai. and last but not least u see nightmare luffy which is one of the most greatest things in life. sorry pretty big nutshell
Thanks alot man, good to see things are going forward and questions are being answerd, especially a new shichibukai member.
Old 2007-11-25, 05:13   Link #610
tomandjerry

does anybody can prove that ace is dead, if he is why blackbeard's bounty is still zero, when kuma and moria conversed something about on the latter 's bounty?
tomandjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 08:02   Link #611
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandjerry View Post
does anybody can prove that ace is dead, if he is why blackbeard's bounty is still zero, when kuma and moria conversed something about on the latter 's bounty?
I dont really think that Blackbeard will rip ace's head off as a proof to world goverment (manga itself declines such brutality) so Blackbeard probly took defeated ace to world goverment hq which means he may still alive.Also nobody mentioned about his bounty so far, he will probably have some insane amount of bounty greater than other shichibukis (since defeating ace is something like defeating aokiji from world goverment side, which is pretty hard thing to do)
Old 2007-11-25, 14:01   Link #612
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why should they raise BB's bounty, when they plan to make him Shichibukai anyways?
He was virtually an unknown pirate, so I doubt he had any bounty (or a high-level bounty). The reason the shichibukai is there is because they need to make other pirates frighten of themselves, and putting a bounty is the easiest way to achieve that - beating Ace may not exactly show the level, as you don't know how the situation was during the fight, but getting a recognition by WG - which is typically displayed with a bounty - means, you are in fact worthy of that.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 23:15   Link #613
tomandjerry

thanks for the info, can't wait the next chapter comes.
Old 2007-11-26, 03:48   Link #614
tomandjerry

by the way, i have something to ask again. when was the time that ace got his bounty of 200M? isn't that amt. is right?
Old 2007-11-26, 16:14   Link #615
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandjerry View Post
by the way, i have something to ask again. when was the time that ace got his bounty of 200M? isn't that amt. is right?
Ace's bounty is not known. I might be mistaken, but, some time ago, I thought that Luffy's bounty might be higher than Ace's based on the information told by the people in their village.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 22:42   Link #616
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
anyone has any Straw Hat accessories

i.e. strawhat skull beltbuckle, neat shirts etc
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 22:46   Link #617
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

What are all of the types of devil-fruit? as in logia, elemental, paramecium ect...?
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 06:09   Link #618
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
What are all of the types of devil-fruit? as in logia, elemental, paramecium ect...?
-Logia : Element control, high defense, weakness against opposing element sometimes

-Paramecia : Effects users body somehow giving them strecting,popping out arms out of nowhere blahblah like powers, not great defensive abilities and can be caught off guard anytime unlike logias (expect for little things like blunt weapon resistance for rubber)

-Zoan : Turns users to various animal forms boosting their power-speed-endurance , best for close combat
Old 2007-12-05, 03:06   Link #619
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Isn't this exactly the other way around?
A logia user can be caught off-guard, because he has to activate his power (if he is unconcious or sleeping, he can be easily killed), while paramecia powers are permanent. Luffy is always made of rubber, even if he is sleeping or inside of the sea held by a big rock.
Maybe sleeping logias can be hurt there was no proof for that, also Luffy is an expection in paramecia list since rubber body giving him damage resistance a little, but many other paramecia like robin or bellamy cant defend theirselves easily like Luffy even if they see the attack coming
Old 2007-12-18, 19:38   Link #620
shikamaru331

choppers voice

Hi. im around episodes 250 and through some of these eps. choppers voice actor is different. is that voice actor not with the show anymore cause i loved his old voice. especially when they complimented him and he would get all happy and would say "that doesnt make me happy koniero!" so does the voice of chopper change for good?
shikamaru331 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a