AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-11-08, 09:40   Link #1
Pentium
Uchiha

[Anime-Only] How did Deidara dodge Naruto's attack?

Did anyone notice that Deidara performed a substitution jutsu when Naruto got all pissed when he found Gara dead but considering Deidara has no arms and no hands how did he perform such a justu - don't you need to perform hand signs to do such a jutsu? I can of find it weird tbh... I was watching over the earlier episodes and tbh I also noticed they looked so much better. Watch episode 1 and 2 and you will see what I am getting at

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 09:46   Link #2
tkdtiger

maybe deidra had his hand eat some clay before it was ripped off. He may have created the clone before his arm was ripped off...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 10:13   Link #3
Pentium
Uchiha

Doesn't the maker always go back as a flash back and explain how such a dodge was made, i.e. remember Kakashi dodged Deidara's clay explosive spiders during the chase of the "logs" the one that took forever... or did Kishi just get lazy or couldn't think of how to explain such an occurence?

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 10:47   Link #4
sakun

all kakashi did was fall back to dodge the explosions from the log chase then starting running after them again and deidaria thing i dunno
sakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 17:39   Link #5
Procris

I think the thing you will find is he never actually used a "substitution jutsu", it was his clay ability which doesn't required the hands signs the same way a substitution jutsu would. His Body is the thing that creates the clay, the hand signs only control it.

Still... i think even my explanation is wrong and you bring up a very interesting point about that episode. In a split second as Naruto is punching him he substitutes his body for a clay one (we know his first punch lands because of deidarias convo after). But it doesn't show you how he did it.
Procris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 18:04   Link #6
Flaming Rasengan
NarutoCard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium View Post
Doesn't the maker always go back as a flash back and explain how such a dodge was made, i.e. remember Kakashi dodged Deidara's clay explosive spiders during the chase of the "logs" the one that took forever... or did Kishi just get lazy or couldn't think of how to explain such an occurence?
I think this is just one of those things that Kishi was just too lazy to explain. I guess it's because Kishi didn't want Deidara to die just yet. Maybe he was planning to use Deidara for later on, and so he made Deidara survive that attack.
Flaming Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 03:55   Link #7
quashoko
answer

In the lee vs garra fight, garra used substitution, and we did not see him use hand signs. Maybe substitution does not require hand signs. If it did your enemy would know you are about to use substitution.
quashoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 04:23   Link #8
Spideyknight

Substitution requires hand signs. Gaara made the substitute when Lee winced in pain. We didn't see it because Lee didn't and the camera was centered on Lee. Kakashi did however, and it was explained later.

Last edited by Spideyknight; 2007-11-09 at 15:26.
Spideyknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 04:57   Link #9
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

edit your posts, i guess you cant read the [anime] tag in the title?
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 18:50   Link #10
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

From what I've seen so far, we are only shown how a good guy escapes a certain attack or something, or if they are specifically explaining it to another character on screen. There was no need for us to know how Deidara escaped.
Seraphis is offline   Reply With Quote