AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 60 40.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 31.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 18.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 6.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.36%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-16, 16:47   Link #41
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Great episode, very emotional, just a shame we have to wait another week =/

But i was pleased and Kotomi being in this week heh

10/10
Old 2007-11-16, 16:47   Link #42
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

great episode, loved the part where fuko owned sunohara

10/10
Old 2007-11-16, 17:30   Link #43
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
good episode i can't bring myself to give a 10 in a fuko episode(sorry i'm bias) I really get the feeling that Fuko is gonna wake up and no one is going to remember her or a few people will remember her and she won't remember them. I highly doubt she'll die. buuut from the looks of it it all wraps up next week! and we can move on to better characters!

on another note i love sunohara!! <3333 xoxoxoxo he finally got somewhat of an emotional line
Old 2007-11-16, 17:49   Link #44
Eviltape

Every single episode is a "OH MY GOD. HOLY SHAT!" episode. Awesome stuff, isn't it?

I hope...
Spoiler:

...but the preview says otherwise. Maybe it's something odd like Fuko's sister practicing welcoming her home?
Old 2007-11-16, 18:18   Link #45
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

It sounded like Sanae welcoming Fuuko to me, but I'm horrrrrrriibble with voices so I could be very wrong.

But... This episode. Too sad to watch twice just now. Oh man, that crying is too much. That scene with Kouko's revelation about her sister's condition... gut-wrenching much? Terribly effective story-telling. I don't think I can wait a whole week for the next episode.
Old 2007-11-16, 19:10   Link #46
komichi

KyoAni is famous for animating some of the most powerful scene in the past with Air and Kannon 2006 and this week's Clannad did not disappoint.

The climax was extremely emotional yet it still retains the lightness of the mood that the show is upholding so far. Sunohara/Tomoya's scene at the end was really good of a cliffhanger. 10.
Old 2007-11-16, 19:20   Link #47
X207
Gamyūsa

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-16, 19:20   Link #48
MingShun
Grand High Chickadee

Hahaha,

Science lecture...

...rooster crowing

...chocobo rush

...Fuuko's crazy starfish on Sunohara's face looked like something from Mario

...and Fuuko Master.

I think I was laughing too hard to cry...

Last edited by MingShun; 2007-11-18 at 01:59.
Old 2007-11-16, 19:32   Link #49
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

yea!!!!!!!!1 KOTOMI-CHAN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"O-Hoshi-sama..."
"iya... hitode.."
"hitode? hitode ....[much starfish rambling]... ano hitode?"
"sugoi desu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I feel sorry for poor Fuuko.... :-/

all in all an enjoyable episode.... Nagisa is such a tearful girl....
Old 2007-11-16, 19:37   Link #50
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Spoiler for speculation:

I was sort of thinking along the same lines as Seska and others, that Fuko was in fact real, but Ibuki-sensei couldn't see her for some reason, relating to a past trauma, but I guess that's been blown out of the water by this ep.

As for this ep, my thought is "good", but not great, let alone perfect. I guess the emotional connection for Fuko just isn't there for me. I mean, her story is sad, but not BAAAW-worthy, IMO. Yet, anyway.

I lol'd a couple of times, but this wasn't as funny as some of the previous eps, and with good reason, since the comedy and tragedy shouldn't intermingle too closely, or else it'd ruin the mood.
Old 2007-11-16, 20:31   Link #51
d.sinclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by komichi View Post
KyoAni is famous for animating some of the most powerful scene in the past with Air and Kannon 2006 and this week's Clannad did not disappoint.
Yup, yup. Not that they don't get enough praise (and a fair share of ire), but I feel a lot of people overlook the great cinematography that Kyoani puts into their work. The shot of their backs during the crying scene was so powerful, along with the scene at the end. They really never fail to deliver at these crucial moments.

That being said, I do think this arc is a tad long. But I think they're trying to aim for a more relaxed atmosphere than Kanon, especially with all the comedy, so maybe it would be wise, for me at least, not to expect a flood of heavy drama from Clannad.
Old 2007-11-16, 22:36   Link #52
Hunter Sock Monsters
I Hunt Sock Monsters!!

Send a message via ICQ to Hunter Sock Monsters Send a message via AIM to Hunter Sock Monsters Send a message via MSN to Hunter Sock Monsters Send a message via Yahoo to Hunter Sock Monsters
fantastic episode. its going to be really interesting to see where/how the Fuko arc ends, hopefully not sad like the ending of Air but I'm not holding my breath....

Starfish vs Big Dango Family was funnier than hell, I couldnt stop laughing!!

Sunohara being carried away by the Fuko fan club was amusing as well.

Botan with Starfish = major cuteness!!

The crying seen put a lump in my throat, it seems Key has a real talent for creating tear jerkers that really affect the audience, and thats a rare thing in any media forum.....

Though I do wonder at the end of the preview when Ibuki sensei said "welcome home Fuko" and we see feet stepping into shoes/slippers if that was Fuko getting of bed after awakening......
Old 2007-11-16, 22:44   Link #53
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
10/10

This is what I've been waiting for. That's all.
Old 2007-11-16, 22:50   Link #54
Calawain
Gaijin

9/10, good humor in this episode.

I'm ready to turn on the waterworks next episode.

They really need to wrap up the Fuko arc next episode so they have enough time for the other girls, assuming this will run 24-26 episodes.
Old 2007-11-16, 23:14   Link #55
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Another great episode. KyoAni is doing a great job pacing Fuko's arc, though it does make me a bit concerned about the rest of the series.

Anyway, despite the obvious similarity to Ayu, Fuko's story reminds me more of Makoto's. Hopefully, I'm mistaken there and we won't get a similar end to it though. I'm expecting a bittersweet ending here, but I'd really like to see a happy ending for Fuko. After Nagisa, she's my favorite character so far, though considering the amount of screen time she got, that shouldn't be completely suprising.
Old 2007-11-16, 23:14   Link #56
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Good episode!

Though I want to know what happens if Tomoya or Nagisa give something... Like a water bottle to Fuko when her sister is watching...

Does the water bottle disappear, or does it float, or what?
Old 2007-11-16, 23:29   Link #57
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Sock Monsters View Post
Though I do wonder at the end of the preview when Ibuki sensei said "welcome home Fuko" and we see feet stepping into shoes/slippers if that was Fuko getting of bed after awakening......
I thought that was Sanae's voice.
Old 2007-11-16, 23:48   Link #58
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I enjoyed the latter part of this episode more than the beginning. I'm getting tired of the constant comedy, so seriousness is refreshing for me. Especially since Sunohara isn't being kicked around, and actually is being serious for once. It just appealed to me more.
Old 2007-11-17, 00:07   Link #59
Joachim
et tu, brute?

i just like it when they show sunohara in his serious mode lol (maybe cos its refreshing to see that he can also be serious)

Koumura VA == FMP Fumoffu's school caretaker? (the one that went berserk after sousuke chop his koi fish and serve it as night dish)
maybe i'm wrong but hearing the similiarity, i was like reminded of fumoffu and kinda lol a bit while imagining koumura doing those crazy stunt
Old 2007-11-17, 00:41   Link #60
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Afterthoughts on episode 7:

-The comedy is good as usual. 'Fuko Master' took the cake for all the 'Mastery' skills, especially since I can't imagine just how dumb/dense Sunohara can be to listen to Tomoya, the best friend who has tricked him time and again into making a fool out of himself. It isn't that much to complain about on the whole.

-The tongue twister was excellent too, and it seems as though there's another animal in my mind that I would add to being affiliated with Fuuko.

-Face-fault=win. I find the imaginary scenarios slightly interesting but some of them forgettable.

-Kotomi time=pure win. The 'What relationship do you have?' and 'A bully?' as well as her 'explanation on the starfish' parts got me good.

-Was Okazaki Tomoya really a delinquent? He didn't seem the type to shed tears so easily, perhaps instead giving the impression that he would vent his frustration on something else or simply hold it in. Maybe it's part of his character development in which he changes completely from being 'bored with nothing to do' to someone willing to help others.

-I like how they played up the positive emotions throughout the episodes, then throw us viewers, Tomoya and Nagisa straight back into the pits. It does fall in sync with the roller-coaster ride concept. Frankly, the world just crashed down on Tomoya and Nagisa, even though perhaps Fuuko might have known what would happen in the end. If this keeps happening, I swear that there will be a group of people out there baying for the blood of the producers for the act of toying with the emotions of viewers and characters alike.

Spoiler for Fuko speculation:

Spoiler for Next episode speculation:

The path looks to be a treacherous one for Fuuko. With that said, I'll give this one a 9/10.
Closed Thread