AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-13, 02:37   Link #1
Stimpy

Shadow Copy [Possible Spoilers]

First of all, Shikamaru is my favorite character, but something has been bugging me. When Shika held Gara in his shadow in Lee's hospital room he was hurt when Naruto punched Gara, but when Shika fought the Sound nin girl and had her slam her head into the wall he wasn't hurt. I was curious why he wasn't hurt by this also

Last edited by Stimpy; 2004-03-13 at 13:27. Reason: Spoilers
Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 02:46   Link #2
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

well...
he also used it on those sound nins in the forest...and didn't get hurt when asuma beat them down
the gaara thing seemed like the only instance where he and the subject were hurt at the same time
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 02:49   Link #3
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
well...
he also used it on those sound nins in the forest...and didn't get hurt when asuma beat them down
the gaara thing seemed like the only instance where he and the subject were hurt at the same time
Couldnt have said it better.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 02:53   Link #4
H_Kakashi
NarutoMania Webmaster

Send a message via ICQ to H_Kakashi Send a message via AIM to H_Kakashi Send a message via MSN to H_Kakashi Send a message via Yahoo to H_Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
well...

His shadow bind had run out by the time Asuma kicked their ass. So thats not an instance. But yeah good point about the gaara incident
H_Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 03:00   Link #5
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
just story inconsistancy most likely .. but his shadow technique had warn off when asuma started attacking. He could have also realeased the shadow right before her head hit , but most likely juss story inconsistancy
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 03:02   Link #6
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
If ull remember he let go of her rite before she hit the wall thats why he had to throw a weapon at her so she wouldent stop bending back as soon as he let go. And he let go of the sound nins cus he ran out of chakra rite before Asuma showed up and saved him. Its not inconsistency in the story its just how his ability workes.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 03:04   Link #7
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimpy
First of all, Shikamaru is my favorite character, but something has been bugging me. When Shika held Gara in his shadow in Lee's hospital room he was hurt when Naruto punched Gara, but when Shika fought the Sound nin girl and had her slam her head into the wall he wasn't hurt. I was curious why he wasn't hurt by this also
It's not that the punch hurt shika, it just caused his head to snap back. When shika uses kagemane, it causes the target to move as as shika does. However, if the target is hit by a punch, it makes shika move that way too. So while he didn't feel the impact itself, he felt the other effects of the punch. Now in the case of Kin, shika initiated the movement, so he didn't get the feedback from the target's sudden, unexpected movement. It's also possible that he released Kagemane just before Kin hit her head...
More puzzling is why gaara's sand shield didn't stop Naruto's punch in the first place. Kagemane didn't stop Gaara's sand after that. Maybe Gaara just didn't have enough left at that moment?
Old 2004-03-13, 03:08   Link #8
Alfzilla
Was Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
It's not that the punch hurt shika, it just caused his head to snap back. When shika uses kagemane, it causes the target to move as as shika does. However, if the target is hit by a punch, it makes shika move that way too. So while he didn't feel the impact itself, he felt the other effects of the punch. Now in the case of Kin, shika initiated the movement, so he didn't get the feedback from the target's sudden, unexpected movement. It's also possible that he released Kagemane just before Kin hit her head...
More puzzling is why gaara's sand shield didn't stop Naruto's punch in the first place. Kagemane didn't stop Gaara's sand after that. Maybe Gaara just didn't have enough left at that moment?
Watch the sceen with Kin again u will see that he throwes somthing at her and he does this for a reason so that he can let her go but still have her smack her head against the wall. As for gaara's sand not coming up that is a true mistory. The best explanation that i can come up with for that is it was just a side affect of Shikas jutsu.
Old 2004-03-13, 03:22   Link #9
Stimpy

thanks for the replies, I'll check the sound nin fight out again. It would make sense that he would release the bind and force her to hit her head by making her dodge the throwing star.
Stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 06:58   Link #10
smoolish

actually... wasn't it that their distance between the walls that made the difference? Kin hit the wall cause she was closer. There was no need to release the binding at all
smoolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 07:46   Link #11
Alfzilla
Was Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoolish
actually... wasn't it that their distance between the walls that made the difference? Kin hit the wall cause she was closer. There was no need to release the binding at all
Your missing the point, what ever happens to the person that he is binding happens to him. If the person is hit Shika will feel it so if she was to hit her head while he was still binding her he would knocked himself out at the same time.
Old 2004-03-13, 07:55   Link #12
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

But he always releases it before they get hurt, he just didn't know that Naruto would punch Gaara... They show it a lot better in the manga...
nh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 09:52   Link #13
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Alfzilla do you honestly think that he would in turn knock himself out.
Also he doesnt take their damage. What the hell kind of setup move is that if someone binds a person for attack then they in turn die because of it?

Its like a assisted sucide move.
________
BustyHottness

Last edited by Coder8; 2011-05-14 at 03:48.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 09:59   Link #14
Alfzilla
Was Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder8
Alfzilla do you honestly think that he would in turn knock himself out.
Also he doesnt take their damage. What the hell kind of setup move is that if someone binds a person for attack then they in turn die because of it?

Its like a assisted sucide move.
Yes and if you want proof go watch what happens to shika when Naruto punches gara in the hospital. Also if all he had to do was bend back wards to knock out Kin why did he bother to throw the star? Also if you must know there are more advanced versions of the same move that work abit difrent and that we should soon see his father do in the anime.
Old 2004-03-13, 10:06   Link #15
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

alf it shows me REACTING to narutos punch. It didnt show him getting knocked out or anything. Nor did he have any signs of damage. Garaa had his sand armor on...yet Shikimaru had nothing. I think Shikimaru would have been knocked out with a jumping punch right on his face... duh.
Also put spoilers on that part about his father

Spoiler:

________
Granny Cam

Old 2004-03-13, 10:55   Link #16
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder8
alf it shows me REACTING to narutos punch. It didnt show him getting knocked out or anything. Nor did he have any signs of damage. Garaa had his sand armor on...yet Shikimaru had nothing. I think Shikimaru would have been knocked out with a jumping punch right on his face... duh.
Also put spoilers on that part about his father

Spoiler:
Indeed.
Alfzilla-san, your point is wrong.
When using the Kage Mane no Jutsu, every move Shikamaru makes, his opponent makes too. And every movement his enemy involuntarily makes (i.e. be punched, be kicked), Shikamaru moves the same way. However, he doesn't feel the pain at all. Otherwise it would be a suicidal move, as Coder8-san. When Naruto punched Gaara on the hospital, Shikamaru did the same movements. However he didn't feel any pain at all.
Like Shikamaru himself said in the hospital: "... While I'm using the Kage Mane no Jutsu, I move the same as him."

In the battle against Kin, it was really the distance that counted. Kin was closer to the wall, so Shika managed to make her hit her head on the wall and be knocked down. Shika didn't feel any pain at all. "Also if all he had to do was bend back wards to knock out Kin why did he bother to throw the star?"- he used the Shuriken as a decoy so Kin wouldn't show any resistance. As even you said in a previous post.

The Kage Mane is a jutsu where you can stretch your shadow by a certain distance and conects it to your enemy. Once connected to the enemy, he makes every move the user does and vice-versa. It doesn't involve pain at all. Shikamaru never said that any pain the enemy feels, he'll feel too- and by what we have said of the jutsu, this doesn't happen at all. You must have misread something, or it was a mistranslation. "Whatever happens to the enemy happens to him" is ubberly wrong. The right quote is this one, which appeared as an explanation of the Kage Mane in chapter 55: "Kage Mane no Jutsu: by connecting your shadow with your opponents, you can control his movements. Shikamaru's best skill, but there's a limit on how long it can be used".

Spoiler:
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 11:35   Link #17
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Spoiler:

Also does the dark indeed stretch shikimaru's shadows further? like how he can add his shadow into it and BAM he has a instant 20 extra feet to work with?
________
Druidism Forum

Old 2004-03-13, 12:14   Link #18
grahf

I'm kind of surprised that Shika hasn't thought of any more creative ways to use his technique. For example, why doesn't he just walk toward them while he has them bound, and then give them a tiny cut with a poisoned shuruken? Or perhaps throw a smoke ball at them and have them fall unconsious, choke to death, or temporarily blind them (ie with a pepper ball or so).

Too bad his intelligence is limited by Kishimono's creativity. Shika could easily be the most hardcore ninja around if he would put that wonderful brain of his to work. Oh well.
grahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 13:23   Link #19
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

Well Grahf the thing is,that would involve a lot of practice. A LOT. With that being said,i think we know why he hasnt
If he was a motivated genuis then it would be different...and awesome but sadly,he will always be a lazy bum

Also...how dare you insult Kishimoto. I think he makes shikimaru character brilliantly and i would HATE shikimaru if he perfect. All characters need a flaw...and it so happens that this is shikimaru's flaw. No one likes perfect characters and no one can feel any amount of emotions to one since well..you can relate to them.
________
Motorcycle Tires

Last edited by Coder8; 2011-05-14 at 03:49.
Old 2004-03-13, 14:53   Link #20
kaede

I know its dump but i want say to the curious function of shikamaru's Kage Mane, i think he get not hurt by the fight with the sound nin because there he make the move by himself and when he bind Gaara has Naruto make the move you konw what i mean ?
kaede is offline   Reply With Quote