AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-28, 02:01   Link #501
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

hierophant, you make a good point in that the story has never focused on the secrets of the organization. We really may never know what happens inside. The organization might even make it through the story intact. If we do find out I bet it would be from Riful or someone else's lips. We do find interesting tidbits of information through the characters interactions. Ophelia taught us about offensive vs defensive types. Teresa taught us all about youki %'s and awakening. But it is a far cry from someone suddenly divulging all the information at once and it is never just for informational purposes.

Claymore is really good at bringing back topics over and over again; youki suppressants, offensive defensive type, hiding youki, soul link, and so on. Even Rabona popped up again. It seems more that the story is building on a theme adding new parts like a musical piece than it is painting a clear and concise picture of their world. Or even scientifically explaining everything that is going on. The tone of the story is the voices of the characters as they interact with each other and struggle in a horribly difficult reality where the true monster is battled within their own hearts.

How can Clare blame Priscilla for going over her limit when she herself has gone over it many times? Can she fault the death squad that came to kill Teresa when she killed Elaina, her best friend? Even though the organization ordered Teresa's death, they were also they only ones who could provide Clare the power necessary to take her revenge so even that isn't a clear cut good evil relationship. It certainly got more convoluted with them ordering her on impossibly difficult missions but if Ophelia can have redeeming qualities in the moments before her death then so can the organization.

The organization seems to be the most cruel part of the Claymore universe. More so than the Awakened Beings who feed on humans (which we really haven't ever seen which is very interesting to me). If somehow Rubel became a character that Clare began interacting with I could see him revealing lots and lots of information.
Old 2007-11-28, 03:30   Link #502
hierophant
anime freak

Quote:
I think if Palpatine was an ex-Jedi, someone would have mentioned it.

Also, I think that in the past, Sith were more in the open and independent of Jedi for recruiting. So if you killed all Jedi, it would mean you'd have to force user to defend you against the bad guys.
Read Star Wars Expanded Universe.

I prefer not entering in details here in this thread, but surfice to say (in the expanded SW universe):

1) The 1st "Sith Lords" ever where corrupted Jedis. Palpatine is just a follower from their phylosophy.
2) After palpatine died, Luke created a new Jedi Order, from where too many Siths and Dark Jedis sprouted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster
More so than the Awakened Beings who feed on humans (which we really haven't ever seen which is very interesting to me).
Well, we could see Priscila feeding in whole towns, we saw a regular AB in a devastated town (by her) trying to eat raki, Ophelia trying to eat Claire because there was no human guts near...
Old 2007-11-28, 03:48   Link #503
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Good point! We see Priscilla eat some people. I forgot about those extra chapters. I'm not saying that they do not eat people (because they obviously do) we just do not see much of it. We mostly see the after effects; towns destroyed and such. We see youma's snacking more than AB's and AB's are now a huge part of the story. Maybe it just isn't what the artist wants to draw. Blood exploding from severed limbs is one thing, but internal organs might just be gross. It's not a zombie flick after all. Part of me is glad it is that way.

I almost have a hard time remembering that the Abyssals are monsters because they are so friendly. It would really mess with my image of Riful and Isley to see them devouring women and children. They do it, but we don't see it so it's almost like it never happened . Do most awakened beings even change shape to eat humans? They certainly wouldn't have to. Priscilla didn't. They could really disguise themselves into society without anyone knowing. No one would suspect cute Riful of being one of the most powerful creatures in existence. I wonder if Ophelia ever tried a taste of a dead human while she was still a claymore... She could make it into a game.
Old 2007-11-28, 06:36   Link #504
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I think the question is, are they dependent of only human flesh? or can they eat other flesh besides humans?
Old 2007-11-28, 13:24   Link #505
ArmisaelXVIII

I was re-reading prev chapters...

I don't know if someone has pointed out this before. But I just tough that the reason for Riful to be searching for a claymore who is good at youma reading is that probably she intents to use a youma manipulation similar to that of Galatea to disturb the soul link of Alicia. It would be possible for she to look for a claymore like that to use her for forcing other claymores to awake, but Riful didn't show much interest in number 3 and number 5, that are probably the best claymores she could get. at least of the current warriors.

And this is probably related to the currect arc of Galatea, Clarice and Miata.

PS: Btw, if Galatea was implanted with a human eye, the eye will most likely turn silver (or else will get rejected). After all, originally, all claymores were complete human, not hybrids. And they get an implant of a youma's flesh in a silgle part of their bodies and it extends to other parts or the body. So, the human eye implanted would get "corrupted" after some time. I would say that they truly become hybrid (fusion of a human part and a youma part) when they turn into an awakened being, otherwise they are just normal human with a part of a youma that is partially fused to them.

Last edited by ArmisaelXVIII; 2007-11-28 at 13:38.
Old 2007-11-28, 13:49   Link #506
Chendzeea Li
Supporter of Quifu

They seem to prefer the flesh of humans. The only other times we've seen them eat anything else is poor Clare, shes been nibbled on before. Claymore's at least are disgusting to them. Though Ophelia seemed willing to try Clare's viscera at least.
Old 2007-11-28, 16:31   Link #507
hierophant
anime freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chendzeea Li View Post
They seem to prefer the flesh of humans. The only other times we've seen them eat anything else is poor Clare, shes been nibbled on before. Claymore's at least are disgusting to them. Though Ophelia seemed willing to try Clare's viscera at least.
They seem to disgust any yoma flesh (even Claymores)
Old 2007-11-30, 10:24   Link #508
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmisaelXVIII View Post

I was re-reading prev chapters...

I don't know if someone has pointed out this before. But I just tough that the reason for Riful to be searching for a claymore who is good at youma reading is that probably she intents to use a youma manipulation similar to that of Galatea to disturb the soul link of Alicia. It would be possible for she to look for a claymore like that to use her for forcing other claymores to awake, but Riful didn't show much interest in number 3 and number 5, that are probably the best claymores she could get. at least of the current warriors.

She worries about Pricscila.. she didnt care less about the twins >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-11-30, 11:12   Link #509
mommy_can_u_touch_me
Man of your dreams

Send a message via Yahoo to mommy_can_u_touch_me
Hmmm who writes the manga?
Old 2007-11-30, 12:03   Link #510
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
She worries about Pricscila.. she didnt care less about the twins >.>
I'm not so sure about that... Riful may have thought only of priscilla who was disrupting the harmony by causing rampage and drawing in isley into plotting a war among the abyssal ones.

After 7 years though when she was on the run, we could only speculate why, but
I think what she had in mind was the org's new additude towards ALL awakened beings which is "search and destroy".
Old 2007-11-30, 12:03   Link #511
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_can_u_touch_me View Post
Hmmm who writes the manga?
Here are links to google and wikipedia, might be useful to you in the future.
Old 2007-11-30, 13:35   Link #512
Chendzeea Li
Supporter of Quifu

There seems to be a distinct change in the feel of the forums of late. I don't know exactly what though. Anyway, I am certain chapter 75 will prove very enlightening.
Old 2007-12-01, 00:20   Link #513
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Chendzeea Li, that sounds so sinister. As if something really... sinister ... were happening behind the forums. What could it be? I haven't noticed any really aggressive multipost wall of text arguments recently. It is interesting to see the participants reactions when those break out. Also there is the fact that the anime is over so maybe it isn't fueling the fire as much?

So with this new Jump Square are we going to get spoilers or anything? Or is it just ALAKAZAM and we have a Raw?
Old 2007-12-01, 01:26   Link #514
Chendzeea Li
Supporter of Quifu

There does seem to be a negative flavor to some of the posts of late. Things were far more light hearted a month ago. As for the newest chapter. I am anxiously awaiting many revelations. I hope there is some building with the lesser known characters. Deneve, Tabitha, Cynthia and the like.
Old 2007-12-01, 06:25   Link #515
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I´m hoping for the usual death scenes. Galatea being my favourite, soon to be dead eyeless, nun.
Old 2007-12-01, 07:40   Link #516
rath-vermouth
Pro-Manbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
I´m hoping for the usual death scenes. Galatea being my favourite, soon to be dead eyeless, nun.
I have this feeling that she won't be killed off the script. Not at this stage. There's a reason for her being blind and being blind actually enhanced her skills and powers. She's the former #3, and just like Irene, she can't be killed off that easily (yes, I strongly believe that Irene is still alive somewhere).
Old 2007-12-01, 08:35   Link #517
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Only a few more days guys, just a few more, then BAM right in the kisser!
Old 2007-12-01, 08:47   Link #518
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rath-vermouth View Post
I have this feeling that she won't be killed off the script. Not at this stage. There's a reason for her being blind and being blind actually enhanced her skills and powers. She's the former #3, and just like Irene, she can't be killed off that easily (yes, I strongly believe that Irene is still alive somewhere).

She won´t be killed, at least not until she meeta with Clare again.
Old 2007-12-01, 09:26   Link #519
rath-vermouth
Pro-Manbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
She won´t be killed, at least not until she meeta with Clare again.
Why is that? Is Clare going to kill Galatea?
Old 2007-12-01, 09:27   Link #520
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rath-vermouth View Post
Why is that? Is Clare going to kill Galatea?

Don`t say that! otherwise The mangaka may have that idea
Closed Thread