AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-01, 04:20   Link #681
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

censorship is just overkill in ep 8, they even have it in the preview. I think the script writer should rewrite Kuro's lines cause she pretty much doesn't speak anymore.

Ep 8 is still enjoyable, tho'. I wonder how Mimi was checking her 'stuff' that gets her censored. lmao It's still hard to believe that she can fit in with Rin and Kuro. Apparently, she starts having perverted thoughts when she was imagining boy-Rin fondling her.

Next ep seems to be centered around Hoin sensei which makes up for her lack of screentime in this ep. Hopefully, there will be a serious relationship between her and Aoki sensei.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 08:17   Link #682
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Now, I have to warn you... this is going to sound VERY BROKEN.
Don't worry, it sounds utterly broken to the point of incomprehension in original Japanese too.
So don't tell me it doesn't make any sense or grammatically incorrect.
Cause it's as chaotic (or even worse, actually) in Japanese as it is in English.

Spoiler:

Just the part used in the TV.
Not gonna bother going through the second lyric.
Trying to translate this mess and still keep the feel of chaotic mess is a pain.
well you tried could have guessed that the song didnt make much sense in japanese as well ~ but the suggestfulness (woot just created a new word!) of the lyrics is definitely there

gotta love the double/triple meanings to each word

(though i still think that "getchu" is like "GET CHU" for the greater good )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The audio censorship is a recent comedy trend more than actual censorship. I have to say its actually kind of funny when you get to imagine what they might be saying over funny little noises. Its the newest trend in the comedies of several countries (including the US and Japan).

Like any other gag, taken too far and too often kind of diminishes the funny.
indeed it is...especially if the censoring is more than 10 seconds of dialogue cut out

it may not be related to what happens but it is diminishing their character ^^'

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 09:52   Link #683
endlezz
Ace of Spades

While I enjoy both manga and anime of Kojika, I sometimes get the feeling, that Aoki-sensei is taking Kokonoe far too serious.
I am talking about scenes like in ep 8, when Kokonoe ignores him and he is worrying about it during class. I mean, come on, she IS a child after all, a precocious one, but still a child, so dont worry about her like you would about an adult ignoring you. Or the scene after the tag-game, where is accepts a slap/kick in the face by ONE OF HIS STUDENTS (and the "groping" was not even his fault)

Ok, maybe thats the whole point of Kojika ^^, that a child can still feel like an adult. But that is the reason I find it hard to relate to Aoki-sensei.
endlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 10:24   Link #684
tebahpla
Not B&

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlezz View Post
While I enjoy both manga and anime of Kojika, I sometimes get the feeling, that Aoki-sensei is taking Kokonoe far too serious.
I am talking about scenes like in ep 8, when Kokonoe ignores him and he is worrying about it during class. I mean, come on, she IS a child after all, a precocious one, but still a child, so dont worry about her like you would about an adult ignoring you. Or the scene after the tag-game, where is accepts a slap/kick in the face by ONE OF HIS STUDENTS (and the "groping" was not even his fault)

Ok, maybe thats the whole point of Kojika ^^, that a child can still feel like an adult. But that is the reason I find it hard to relate to Aoki-sensei.
I believe the reason that he was really bothered by the fact that she is ignoring him is in chapter 14. "opposite of love isnt hatred but rather apathy". he doesnt want to be hated for ignoring/hating and he just wants to understand why she was mad at him.
tebahpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 10:34   Link #685
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlezz View Post

Rin's not just any precocious child. She's got no parents and since Aoki sensei , unlike us, doesn't know what kind of guy her guardian (reiji) is, he's probably worry that she hasn't got enough love and can easily get hurt emotionally.

In Kojika, there's this whole thing of how some children have been designed to resemble an adult. Rin and Kuro speak all these explicit sexual matters and are already aware of Adult's ways of thinking. Typical child their age is more like Mimi, innocent and still doesn't know nor care about sex or dating.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 10:45   Link #686
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
In Kojika, there's this whole thing of how some children have been designed to resemble an adult. Rin and Kuro speak all these explicit sexual matters and are already aware of Adult's ways of thinking. Typical child their age is more like Mimi, innocent and still doesn't know nor care about sex or dating.
one would think where the hell they pick up such things in the first place...poor mimi...she is still soo innocent

well aoki is a responsible man and he is trying to understand rin. he knows that rin isnt a normal child either. i believe that aoki is treating rin with more respect than anyone ever could - the evidence is there the way he tries to reason with her (ill take a hit so can you please go back to normal?). he knows he has done wrong to her by ignoring the girl but instead of what usual adults would do and ignore the fact - he is willing to apologise for his mistakes to a child (which is something special imo - being an adult doesnt mean that you are always right afterall).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 18:13   Link #687
Darkridr

I've read the manga past the point that the anime is at, but even then I'm finding myself having to go back and re-read the related chapters just to remember what words are being censored there. I agree with earlier sentiments about it being annoying -- new comedy trend or not.

I am really glad they're putting this into anime. Episode 8 really brought out the storyline much better than its manga counterpart, IMHO. Maybe it's just me, but with the manga, I just breeze through it, chuckling at appropriate points, while with the anime, I find myself riveted to the story on a much deeper level. Mind you, with many stories the opposite holds true, but at least with this story I'm much more involved with the anime.
Darkridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 18:51   Link #688
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I think that was the most audio censorship i've heard in an anime ever...Some of it just kept running on and on there.

Its a shame kuro seems to be getting it the most...Kinda wrecking one of my favorite characters.

Ah well putting all that non-sense aside it was a nice episode with an extremely cute bit at the end between Rin and Aoki, so I guess ill just keep grinning and bear it until the DVDs come around...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 22:55   Link #689
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
I think that was the most audio censorship i've heard in an anime ever...Some of it just kept running on and on there.

Its a shame kuro seems to be getting it the most...Kinda wrecking one of my favorite characters.

Ah well putting all that non-sense aside it was a nice episode with an extremely cute bit at the end between Rin and Aoki, so I guess ill just keep grinning and bear it until the DVDs come around...
It's cause she can't watch the potty mouth I guess. It really adds to her character. I'm pretty sure the author wanted to invoke the idea of a devil inside a cute package that you'd never expect. You look at Kagami and you see a petite girl in gothic lolita, but really she's a powder keg waiting to explode. Not the well-mannered upper class elite she tries to portray at all.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 09:32   Link #690
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Oh no no no I think you misunderstood me there Kaoshin...I LOVE that little foul mouth she has...I was more referencing the fact that just about every other word from her seemed to be getting censored this episode which was extremely obnoxious.

Ah I need to learn to type with more clarity...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 12:10   Link #691
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Old 2007-12-02, 23:08   Link #692
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

The Rin PVC looks kind of like Papier Mache at first.

By the way if anybody finds out about a Kagami Kuro PVC can they let me know?
Old 2007-12-02, 23:31   Link #693
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Oh no no no I think you misunderstood me there Kaoshin...I LOVE that little foul mouth she has...I was more referencing the fact that just about every other word from her seemed to be getting censored this episode which was extremely obnoxious.

Ah I need to learn to type with more clarity...

well if they keep this up th DVD will totaly be a hit and people will buy the DVD because of all the Censoring going on lol. yea Rin the black hair girl (forgot her name now lol) both has such foul mouth i think theres one part they both was nothing but Censoring the whole time because of those two which was funny all i hear was birds and few other Censoring animals in it lol that was in ep 7 i believe.
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 03:42   Link #694
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreMaster View Post
well if they keep this up th DVD will totaly be a hit and people will buy the DVD because of all the Censoring going on lol. yea Rin the black hair girl (forgot her name now lol) both has such foul mouth i think theres one part they both was nothing but Censoring the whole time because of those two which was funny all i hear was birds and few other Censoring animals in it lol that was in ep 7 i believe.
And yet her name is right there in my sig........
Old 2007-12-04, 21:22   Link #695
Tamadachi

Anyone have the translation and/or romaji of Aijou Education? this music rox *___*

Last edited by Tamadachi; 2007-12-04 at 21:41.
Tamadachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 21:33   Link #696
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
censorship is just overkill in ep 8, they even have it in the preview. I think the script writer should rewrite Kuro's lines cause she pretty much doesn't speak anymore.

Ep 8 is still enjoyable, tho'. I wonder how Mimi was checking her 'stuff' that gets her censored. lmao It's still hard to believe that she can fit in with Rin and Kuro. Apparently, she starts having perverted thoughts when she was imagining boy-Rin fondling her.

Next ep seems to be centered around Hoin sensei which makes up for her lack of screentime in this ep. Hopefully, there will be a serious relationship between her and Aoki sensei.
Actually I love the censors.. ^.^

The best of them was in episode 7 at the end. (Kuro's eyes grow out and chick sounds come out.) It's just so random.. that's why I find them funny.

I also enjoyed Shirai's squeaky voice in episode 8.

Kodomo no Jikan tho.. it's one of those animes where you have to read the manga or wait for the DVD release to get the full jokes behind those censors.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 15:55   Link #697
Solafighter
Hige

Here a nice music video i just found at stage6.com.

http://www.stage6.com/Japanese-Mad-M...nsei-Dakedayo?
(DivX required)

Enjoy.
Old 2007-12-05, 20:58   Link #698
Darkridr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Here a nice music video i just found at stage6.com.

http://www.stage6.com/Japanese-Mad-M...nsei-Dakedayo?
(DivX required)

Enjoy.
I liked it. My only beef is I wish it were a little longer of a vid than it was...but oh well, better than nothing, right?
Darkridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 00:55   Link #699
tebahpla
Not B&

I just saw the raw episode 9,

my question is, when is episode 10 gonna air, it doesnt say anywhere.

in b4 googlesource.
tebahpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 02:59   Link #700
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebahpla View Post
I just saw the raw episode 9,

my question is, when is episode 10 gonna air, it doesnt say anywhere.
Well, of course it doesn't say anywhere, because the Forum Rules forbid "requesting, providing, or otherwise discussing information" about raws. That being said, it airs on TV every Friday morning at 1:30am Japanese time on KBS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebahpla View Post
in b4 googlesource.
If it's that simple, it begs the question: why are you so lazy?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen