AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-03, 04:45   Link #61
redmeat

You guys shouldn't blame Clarice or Miata. They've got business to do and they've got no time for heroics. My only comment on Clarice is that she acts like a person who only goes by the book. Galatea getting her arm chopped off didn't surprise me nor will the amputation of all of her limbs. Seems like severed limbs and blindness are becoming standards in Claymore. As for the introduction of a new AB, it's not suprising either. Yagi, like he did in his previous manga, is likely going to introduce new characters in every following arc.
Old 2007-12-03, 04:55   Link #62
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
But man you got to hand it to Galatea, she's awesome, she hasn't gotten all serious or crazy taking on both Miata and Agatha at the same time. She for sure has something planned, she is too calm and taking it easy. A huge obvious sign that she has drastically improved over the years. Go Galatea, KICK ASS!!!
Not obvious at all, she was still calm and smiling while skewered by Duff, and there was Riful ready to slaughter her just behind. We already know she is better at sensing and reacting, but we're talking of being tag teamed by a Rigaldo class AB and a Claymore #1 here.
Old 2007-12-03, 05:34   Link #63
BaalChaamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
Not obvious at all, she was still calm and smiling while skewered by Duff, and there was Riful ready to slaughter her just behind. We already know she is better at sensing and reacting, but we're talking of being tag teamed by a Rigaldo class AB and a Claymore #1 here.
Claymore turn over is extremely volatile and the quality and strength of warriors of different generations varies considerably.One example are Noel and Sophia from Teresa's generation in comparison to Ophelia. Simply because Agatha is a former #2 doesnt put her in the same league as Rigaldo per se.She could be better or worse than him, but I like to think that she is better than him (not only because I think Rigaldo is overhyped). My guess is that she is from one of the pre-Teresa generations.

Galatea is putting on an amazing show, fighting both Agatha and Miata.I doubt we have seen the best of her yet.
Old 2007-12-03, 05:59   Link #64
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaalChaamon View Post
Simply because she is a former #2 doesnt put her in the same league as Rigaldo.She could be better or worse than him.
Oh, I know, I was just highlighting the possible potential of an awakened #2.

Galatea probably has something to offer to the story, but I'm not sure if it will be in the form of a trick of hers, or a reaction from another Claymore. Last page of raw chapter 75, with the Clare/Riful/Miata/Priscilla cross, could actually hint at the future power players in each faction. Miata is blood-soaked there, and killing Galatea and not the AB would add another bit of sinister spin to the org's image.
Miniature:

Also, I think Galatea is too powerful and too much of a leader to integrate the ghost 7, from a meta story point of view, she would overshadow Tabitha (sensing), Clare (power) and Miria (leadership) too much, and the org want her dead, so either she joins Riful or Isley, or she goes on alone. Going alone is quite improbable though, considering she doesn't have any overarching goal to sustain her, story-wise. In short, she is expendable, and this does not really bode well for her, though I think she is linked to that "thing" Riful discovered with Priscilla. A tragic death after Clare sees what is that thing seems in order.
Old 2007-12-03, 06:10   Link #65
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Galatea would be Kira Yamato in GSD, stealing spotlight from everyone if she joined G7 ^^

Edit:

Ok, after reading the chapter I think its more likely for the G7 to enter the fray now, Clare have a history with Rabona, and Agatha would make a good stepping stone to show off their new fighting skill.

I dont think Riful would make an entrance tho, putting Clarice with so many higher # then she can handle (She would/could recognized G7)

Man, that Agatha is smexy hot Too bad she's a cannon fodder IMO to show off other main character improvement ._.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2007-12-03 at 06:27.
Old 2007-12-03, 06:23   Link #66
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmeat View Post
You guys shouldn't blame Clarice or Miata. They've got business to do and they've got no time for heroics. My only comment on Clarice is that she acts like a person who only goes by the book. Galatea getting her arm chopped off didn't surprise me nor will the amputation of all of her limbs. Seems like severed limbs and blindness are becoming standards in Claymore. As for the introduction of a new AB, it's not suprising either. Yagi, like he did in his previous manga, is likely going to introduce new characters in every following arc.
I thought that the surprise elements had already been introduced in previous episode. This chapter is a follow up. The introduction of new AB and the explanation of Galatea plan are crucial or else it will make less sense. Galatea lose her arm is also make sense in term of power level. If Galatea can dodge all the combination attack from Miata and the AB perfectly then I thought that it will downgrade Miata(aim to be no.1) and the AB(former no.2) too much.
Old 2007-12-03, 07:57   Link #67
Chendzeea Li
Supporter of Quifu

Is it me or does it seem that Galatea has yet to make an offensive move during the whole battle. So far all she's done is attempt to survive. Of course we now know why due to the last chapter. As for attacking Agatha, she seems to be having her hands full just trying to stay ahead of them. Shes really on the defensive, not a good sign. I would guess she knows there are others coming and is stalling for time again.
As for her joining the others. At first I was also of the mind set that she is far to powerful to do so. However, we've yet to really see how much the others have improved. They did wipe out that Gang of awakened beings by themselves. Clare did take out Rigardo by herself, albiet at a cost. Its safe to assume. Due to their training and semi-awakened status the Fab 4 are perhaps in Galatea's league now, even with her new boost in power. Clare and Miria moreso than the others obviously. However, while she would still throw the balance out the window by joining. She could however, take a diffrent route and be a solo act, that comes to their aid now and again. I feel Galatea may work more as a powerful mover behind the scenes from now on. Dealing with her own agendas which happen to work with Clare's and the others.
Old 2007-12-03, 08:04   Link #68
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Nice chapter, wonder if Clarice will make Miata attack the AB instead. It seems to me that Galatea stating that she was disappointed a group didnt show up to take care of her, and help with the AB (which she knew was there, if i read that right?) seems an aweful lot like foreshadowing. Though I wouldn't mind it if Miata killed Agatha on her own.
Old 2007-12-03, 08:07   Link #69
Siegzon Caritas
Yuma! I CAN fight, too!

Send a message via MSN to Siegzon Caritas
Quote:
Also, I think Galatea is too powerful and too much of a leader to integrate the ghost 7, from a meta story point of view, she would overshadow Tabitha (sensing), Clare (power) and Miria (leadership) too much, and the org want her dead, so either she joins Riful or Isley, or she goes on alone. Going alone is quite improbable though, considering she doesn't have any overarching goal to sustain her, story-wise. In short, she is expendable, and this does not really bode well for her, though I think she is linked to that "thing" Riful discovered with Priscilla. A tragic death after Clare sees what is that thing seems in order.
Good analysis, but writers this good tend to surprise us. My thoughts dovetail a bit with Chendzeea Li's. Galatea is not a leader, she's a loner. Her work as the eye sent her off alone many tmes in the series. Even in the witch's Maw she was not sent as a team member but as a hunter.

And rather than inform the org about the AB (really her reasoning here is suspect) she chose after all that solitary work to be a hermit. Hey, I can identify. I'd rather stay home and read manga then go to work now.

If she survives (a VERY BIG IF) I don't see her joining the fab7; she is way, way cynical and not revenge motivated. She might join them on a temporary ad hoc basis but she is not a threat to Miria's leadership. Miria has a rocklike hold there and the Fab 7 have all increased big time in power that Miria probably would win against Gal now. (Geuss! I'm just geussing! /me waits for the animesuki power loremasters to come out and beat me about the head) I see her joining until she can go run an orphanage.

I wouldn't mind seeing the lil one of the Fab7 get a moment in the sun. I bet she's tougher than she thinks after being around Helen-sensei for 7 years (OWTCH!)

My bet though is your reasoning is close to the mark and she may be going down. Her smile in the Witch's maw may be indicative of her super cool character and not a secret plan. I'd like to see more survivors so the story can expand in many different ways.

They (the org) think Rapahaela's dead? She survived the fight with Luciella, right? Did I miss something?
Old 2007-12-03, 08:21   Link #70
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
She survived the fight with Luciella, right? Did I miss something?
It didn't look like much of a fight from memory, it seemed like she gave her a bear-hug until she broke her back. Id say shes hiding somewhere, and moping to herself until someone comes around to slap sense into her, hopefully Irene.
Old 2007-12-03, 12:02   Link #71
QuickSilverD
Claymore fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Id say shes hiding somewhere, and moping to herself until someone comes around to slap sense into her, hopefully Irene.
Irene? ... Sorry to tell you, but the deaths can't do that
Old 2007-12-03, 12:08   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's tough to say whether Galatea has a plan to handle this or she's just keeping a calm exterior while desperately trying to figure things out. Her line about things not going as planned certainly relate to the problem of Miata, but it could also turn into a positive statement. Things can happen after all that you didn't count on but are pretty handy. Might be a little too coincidental for the Fab 7 to show up though.

There is still a reasonable solution in Clarice figuring out that an awakened that wants to bathe in the populaces blood is slightly more important to handle right now. Of course doesn't guarantee things working out for Galatea after that but can worry about that later on.

With Rafalea I figured she killed her sister and then with that goal completed finished herself off. Of course could have something completely out in left field with her and Irene who she didn't kill (I'll keep hoping regardless there) are just chilling in the woods enjoying the peaceful scenery. I'm not writing up Irene's obituary until we get something concrete. So many character we literally see getting taken out and yet Irene is simply inferred to be dead? Seems a little suspicious to me.

Anyways if Galatea gets out of this I still see her working alone. Seems to be more her style to work that way. Not that she couldn't help out or join up on temporary occasions though.
Old 2007-12-03, 12:11   Link #73
cf18
Mecha Pilot

What may happen next:

1) Clarice injured by AB, Miata switch target to AB instead.

2) Clarice was killed, Miata go berserk/awaken.

3) G7 join the fight. Clare has some old friends there which may help her find Raki.

4) Rifu join the fight, since she sense what she was looking for.

Say if you are Syd, would you take the sexy AB's offer?
Old 2007-12-03, 12:13   Link #74
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilverD View Post
Irene? ... Sorry to tell you, but the deaths can't do that
Ah, but the crackpot theory is that Rafaela did not kill Irene, so after killing Luciela she didn't commit suicide but join her in hiding.

I think Irene is dead and buried myself, though Rafaela is likely alive, but you never know, too many characters in manga did come back up after having been "killed" offscreen for it not to be a possibility.

And yes, in Syd's place, I accept the AB's offer, even if I cannot manage to finish her off myself while she doesn't pay attention, it's still a distraction that my comrades can exploit, since I'm dead either way at this point.
Old 2007-12-03, 12:33   Link #75
Valerian Mengsk

1. That might happen, but because it seems like the most likely thing to happen next i think we should discount it because it is expected.

2. A serious change of events that would satisfy some of the people her for sure, but I doubt it since it seems like Miata and Clarice are still important to the story. But it would be a surprise.

3. They can't always save the day, but I do appreciate the link between Clare and her friends in Rabona.

4. That would be a very interesting turn of events, the most interesting by far in my mind of the four suggested. But one must wonder how many frequent flier miles Riful has to use travel to all of these distant places.

If I was Sid, I would say the same thing and try to hook up with Galatea after the battle.
Old 2007-12-03, 12:34   Link #76
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
And yes, in Syd's place, I accept the AB's offer, even if I cannot manage to finish her off myself while she doesn't pay attention, it's still a distraction that my comrades can exploit, since I'm dead either way at this point.
H'm my respect for you would be very great if you could get everything 'up and running' in those kind of circumstances.
Old 2007-12-03, 12:35   Link #77
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

Quote:
Maita
Spoiler for a bad translation joke:

I think perhaps Miata could awaken and Raki suddenly reappiering.
Why do you think of Raphaela so much? I doubt she will be presence in this act, but it's just my poor opinion.
Old 2007-12-03, 13:22   Link #78
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Clarice and Miata are not very high in my book right now...

How could Clarice still think their top priority is taking down Galatea?! There's a freaking monster on a killing spree right before her eyes!!

Even if Galate IS a traitor, she never ate anyone. As for Agatha, she IS eating many humans right now! Almost ate (and raped ) Sid too, but Galatea saved him just in time.

And what she will do after beating Galatea? Go back to the Organization, leaving Rabona at Agatha's mercy until a proper order of hunting her is done? I thought the Org ordered their warriors to hunting down any A.O.s in order to prevent they never make another army again.

And even if Clarice decide to take down Agatha next, there's absolutely no garantee Miata can beat her all by herself. Let's face it, against A.O.s the new 47th is completely useless!

Galatea is pretty smart and has a youki sense good enough to sense their youki even when they were on youki-supressing pills. If she said they have 50-50 chances to beat Agatha fighting together, then why not believe in her?

Now i can see just how Clarice is stupid. That, or she is in blind obedience to the Organization just like Priscilla was. And that is not a good thing... She (and Miata, of course) will be more a potential enemy to the Fab7 than an ally when/if they meet someday.

As for Galatea, she is definitely in a pinch. She said herself, she can't beat Agatha alone. Now with just one arm and Miata still fighting HER instead Agatha, her chances are nule. Galatea was smiling, that's true, but that don't mean she has still some cards to play. Maybe she's just disdainly smiling to her certain death. But I hope that can be proved wrong.
Old 2007-12-03, 14:30   Link #79
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18 View Post
Say if you are Syd, would you take the sexy AB's offer?
He didnīt really had a choice there and the awakened didnīt kill him because of that. His arrogance in face of death made Agatha interested "aroused" otherwise Agatha wouldnīt just break his arm but rip him apart when he spoke like that. Wise choice of words my friend.

I would decline

Anyway, I have no doubt that Agatha is cannon fodder and will die soon but her entrace let us wonder...again.

The main question was, do awakened have sexual desires? Riful hinted it with Duph so, at that time, we could assume that awakened were only interested in awakened.
With Agatha, everything changes...Awakened will try to "love dovey" with humans.

However, there are several questions. With each answered, more appear.

Is there a possibility of awakened, not even talking about Youmas here, to have a relationship with a human? To the point of showing feelings of caring and love, without thinking as their food?

I have no idea

Last edited by Defiled one; 2007-12-03 at 14:41.
Old 2007-12-03, 14:46   Link #80
maian330
Lurker

I wouldn't worry about the longterm effects of Galatea's lost arm. She's a defensive type warrior; she can regenerate it to full functionality later on. Contrast that with Clare, who could've regenerated her lost arm given time, but the regenerated arm would only have been a human one.

Speaking of which, I bet Galatea could even restore her lost eyes, but simply chose not to.

Story-wise, I doubt Riful would pop up. That would just create an immense havoc and I can't see any Claymores escaping from that situation. It would also be an large climatic situation which I don't think should happen this early in the story arc. I find it more likely that fab7 would arrive.
Closed Thread