AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-30, 02:30   Link #121
speedy3020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Err different version of Clare. Her eyes look crappy.

http://akibahobby.net/2007/11/mega_no47_review.html
Honestly, while I never expected the mass produced model to look anything like the one released for show.

It's still slightly dissapointing to see the two side by side.
There are a few subtle differences such as the belly button depression and some lost definition.
I'll still be waiting eagerly to get it in the mail!

And a quick note, I think whoever took the pictures of the public version had the flash set a little too high, so there may be some definition lost that way as well.

Last edited by speedy3020; 2007-11-30 at 02:32. Reason: Extra note.
Old 2007-11-30, 02:46   Link #122
Sassarai
Army of One

bait and switch!
Old 2007-11-30, 03:06   Link #123
speedy3020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
bait and switch!
haha, maybe if we just breathe on it for a couple of hours and try to buff it... it will turn chrome, no I'm SURE it will!

r-right?
Old 2007-11-30, 03:12   Link #124
Sassarai
Army of One

or maybe if you check underneath the cape, you'll see a made in china sticker Careful with all the lead scare these days

Just look at the eyes =(

Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-30, 03:33   Link #125
Sheky

Her armor lost the shine.
Old 2007-11-30, 04:20   Link #126
speedy3020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheky View Post
Her armor lost the shine.
Yeah unfortunately I think they used a premium chrome paint for the display model and a cheaper "metallic paint" for us ruffians.
To be expected, though when you're spending a fair amount on a piece of plastic you kind of expect high quality materials.
Old 2007-11-30, 04:22   Link #127
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Haha, this is when you go to a model shop and get shiny metal paints! I built a gundam once and it was a terrible purple and dull black. Then my friend asked if he could paint it, because he liked doing that kind of stuff. Now it looks like it is real metal and it is AWESOME! In exchange I taught him how to mix skin tones and boil the models to bend them into new positions... it was a bad mistake. I don't know what I was thinking. But anyway, all hope is not lost.

Also the first one looks a lot better because they painted the base chrome as well giving it lots and lots of dramatic lighting and showing off all the curves. I'd throw some chrome in her eyes as well. Just because.
Old 2007-11-30, 05:00   Link #128
speedy3020

Well you seem to know what you're talking about chiba.
I'm always skeptical when it comes to metallic paints, especially chromes, because I know they have a tendency to rub off when being handled.
Any recommendations at all?

I wouldn't even consider stripping the original paint mind you.
Old 2007-11-30, 18:06   Link #129
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

My friend was the one really into it, and mostly for model cars, which worked well for the gundam. I just happened to know color mixing better from an art class. But there are some people out there who are REALLY into painting their own models, like this guy; http://www.kisekaeworld.com/KisekaeW...tips_paint.htm
or this guy http://www.ninfinger.org/~sven/model...sfaq.4.html#q3

But what my friend did was put a primer on the model and then had a paint with metallic flecks in it that he put all over the metalish. He had a silver paint that he mixed with black that ended up looking pretty shiny and cool. We didn't sand or polish it to make it mirror like or anything, but it gave it kind of a rough look that looked good for a gundam. Too bad he wasn't around after I made my wing zero... but it looked good anyway.

There is a plethora of information on the interweb if you type anything to do with "resin model paint" in google. But some of it gets a little bit crazy...
Old 2007-11-30, 21:02   Link #130
OliverPhoenix
Ophelia fan

Well I pretty much expected it to look different from the display model which obviously looks a lot better but its not all so bad,I have to wait intill I recieve mine and see what it looks like in person before making any real complaints.

As I spend most of my time painting models and miniatures I might repaint bits if they truely look terrible.
Old 2007-12-06, 13:18   Link #131
Evanger

Just to let you guys know, my figurine was dispatched today (Hobby Link Japan). So I'd check your e-mails if you ordered from them.
Old 2007-12-06, 15:34   Link #132
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Yep, I might get it next week!(I'll post a pic then.)
Old 2007-12-06, 17:12   Link #133
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Should be getting mine next week as well.

Also got my calendar yesterday. As expected it features Clare and Teresa almost exclusively. Would have liked to have seen some other characters but it's still very nice. There is a large and somewhat unexpected pic of awakened Priscilla's "assets" though, I may have to cover that up if I have visitors (not likely).
Old 2007-12-06, 22:37   Link #134
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Yeah, I was expecting more from the calendar (I didn't think it would be so Teresa-and-Clare-centric but the artwork is still very nice.

I was going to say it was "superb" but some people here don't like that word. =\

Twitter
Old 2007-12-07, 19:54   Link #135
OliverPhoenix
Ophelia fan

My Clare figure has been sent out as well so hopefully it should arrive before christmas with no trouble from the terrible christmas post.

Shame not more characters were featured in the calender,still if I could find a place to ship it to me at a cheap price I would probably pick it up.
Old 2007-12-07, 21:15   Link #136
Hakufu

I just received mine today from Cdjapan and its not as chromish as the display model ;< kinda disappointed ;(

ignore the date sorry for the big picture too lazy to resize ;p

Last edited by Hakufu; 2007-12-07 at 21:59.
Old 2007-12-08, 22:49   Link #137
speedy3020

Still looks quite nice Hakufu. The armor doesn't look as dull as I imagined it would.
I should be receiving mine tomorrow or the day after.
Old 2007-12-08, 22:52   Link #138
Sassarai
Army of One

Take me some good shots your action figure speedy. I used claymore toy armor for my live action casting Use a background I can remove easily too haha.
Old 2007-12-08, 23:00   Link #139
speedy3020

Ha, we'll see what I can whip up.
Old 2007-12-10, 03:56   Link #140
speedy3020

Well it arrived today thankfully, I'll be sure to put up some pictures and I'll see what I can do about a plain background.

I must say that I'm quite happy with it, though I have no previous figures to compare it to.
(Still waiting for my Intimate Persona and Blood+ albums to arrive though ARG!)

Last edited by speedy3020; 2007-12-10 at 03:57. Reason: ost rage.
Closed Thread