AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-03-14, 20:31   Link #1
lionken07
Well Armed

Do you take life for granded?

I went to the hospital today to see my grand mother. She's doing fine but I saw many people do nothing but try to live on their life. I saw people with broken leg, people with burned skin, and people with different internal problems. I saw all that just by walking pass the hallway in the ward section. There's this person on life support, now what gives them so much power to do that? I don't think I can life on if I'm in there everyday. I personally have never been in the hospital for a long period of time so I don't know but I can just imagine myself being there. I guess I'm a sensitive person. Today I learn how to live everyday to its fullest. If I have to do something, I do it right away not tomorrow, and not the day after.

You might think what is the purpose of this thread? Most of you would probably think this is BS...but I just want to share this with people who I have this common interest with (anime). People, don't take life for granded! we are lucky enough to live our life without major illnesses! we are lucky enough to just enjoy life! I'm not a greedy person, its enough to just be here and be able to do the things that I do now sometimes. I guess we mature as we gain experience...

Last edited by lionken07; 2004-03-14 at 22:11.
lionken07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 20:41   Link #2
Chrn0

Send a message via AIM to Chrn0 Send a message via MSN to Chrn0
Yes, everyone must enjoy their lives while they are still young...after seeying my grandmother die in front of me,i decided to do something enjoying for my life,not wasting it.
Chrn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 21:08   Link #3
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
smart kids ^_^

um...ya go out....and um enjoy life ^_^' cause tommorow, u can get hit by a bus ^_^

everyone in the world have lost someone precious, everyone deals w/ it in diff ways and it looks like u kids learned a lot ^_~
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 21:14   Link #4
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
I agree. Being an atheist I believe this is all I've got (no life after death! ) so I try to appreciate the value of everything, even the bad moments.

Plus, I think it's good to appreciate the life you live. It's a good experience to be overwhelmed with and concious of the pleasure of being alive for. It certainly has it's great moments, moments where there is no other place you'd rather be at that moment. Like being in love, or looking out your window at a beautiful view, or the beauty of a sunrise, or the calm blueness of the summer sky.

Note: I apologize for the sappiness of this post, I plan to do more sarcastic posts from now on.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 21:14   Link #5
nak
Squishy

Send a message via AIM to nak
We all start dying the minute we are born.

The clock is tickin so you best think I dont take life for granted. Steal girl scout cookies and scream random things at your local starbucks now because you have had too many shots of strong coffee cause u only live once.
nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 21:21   Link #6
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
If you not taking your life for granted, why not stop wasting it away in front of your PC posting in these forums instead of going outside and 'living' life?

As for nak, I say we stop taking or lives for granted *hint hint, wink wink* J/K!!!!!! (ok i'll stop all this nonsense now )
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 21:24   Link #7
nak
Squishy

Send a message via AIM to nak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zero
If you not taking your life for granted, why not stop wasting it away in front of your PC posting in these forums instead of going outside and 'living' life?

As for nak, I say we stop taking or lives for granted *hint hint, wink wink* J/K!!!!!! (ok i'll stop all this nonsense now )
lol, Dark Zero

b/c nak isnt allowed to operate large pieces of machinery or come near any sharp objects and lives up her life partying on da Animesuki forums YEA!!!

Besides..sometimes you gots to relax after all the not taking for grantedness
nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 21:27   Link #8
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
That 's is true but I think for me at least the saying goes "so much anime, so little time" but I do like to go out a enjoy my life. Anywayz yeah live out the best of your life and don't regret anything never look back, because you can't change it, don't look forward because you'll never know, be happy with what is now, what will come will come. LIVE NOW is always my moto
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 21:35   Link #9
wnkryo
HainShodan

Ofcourse I'm taking life for granted, why else would I be posting in this forum >.>
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 22:28   Link #10
Hoshi_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrn0
Yes, everyone must enjoy their lives while they are still young...after seeying my grandmother die in front of me,i decided to do something enjoying for my life,not wasting it.
yeah... i remember seeing my gramma die...
important to live life the best u can... and that doesnt mean being outside all the time
just means having fun
Hoshi_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 22:48   Link #11
Weirdanzeige
Anti-You

I'm taking life for granted...why? Because the outside world can't handle me yet. Like..if I were to go somewhere with some friends and I get hyper or something, everyone just ditches me or ignores me...thats happend a sh*tload of times, so now I just stay home, play games, watch anime, etc. Now ppl say..."heey man how come you never get out of the house" and i just ignore them. And when I actually do go out, its only by myself, and if I run into a friend somewhere, and they join me, I get in a real bad mood.

Soo...yeah, I have a reason to take life for granted
Weirdanzeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 22:51   Link #12
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
Everyone here has really big sigs.
Yea, it makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You should try it.

Life? Ya, you just go through it looking forward to that little something you do here and there that you so enjoy. The few minutes while you are with your friends laughing it up or those few seconds of orgasm when you have sex. It passes by and you go on to live looking forward to the next time you get to have some fun.

Are those few moments of joy worth dragging yourself through alot of boring and mundane activities? Not really, but you do it anyway.

I won't say "live your life to the fullest" because trying that hard will sometimes make your life miserable. So I'll say... don't worry about death, worry about what might die inside of you while you're still alive.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 22:58   Link #13
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
Everyone here has really big sigs.
Hmm. Well I guess I can see how this makes people take life for granted, but why else would all of us be posting here in the first place?
Does it really matter if everyone has big sigs?

Everyone takes stuff for granted. Do you realize how much it sucked having your AC break down during the month of August in south Texas? The nights were very uncomfortable. As for life, well I just live it day by day. I appreciate the small things in life and I always make the most out of things. As long as I got my faith, family, and friends (and AnimeSuki) life will be good for me.
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 23:20   Link #14
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I don't take life for granded. It is something special one should not waste. What is a waste and what is not a waste depends on the opinion a person has towards life. For me it means to do different things... even a little bit dangerous ones sometimes (one must spice up the life and when you build in little risks you will be more satisfied afterwards when you still live). Well and I do not follow the main stream... to follow the main stream is a waste of life in my opinion.
Old 2004-03-14, 23:28   Link #15
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
my grandmother was supposed to die about a year and a half ago but she passed the doctor's expectations and has duked it out. she went without walking for over a year and got up and started walking about 2 months ago. she is amazing.

i don't take life for granted but i don't fear dying. without death, what would be the purpose of life? death gives us a motivation to live and enjoy it. without death, life would be pointless.
Old 2004-03-14, 23:50   Link #16
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru
Hmm. Well I guess I can see how this makes people take life for granted, but why else would all of us be posting here in the first place?
Does it really matter if everyone has big sigs?

Everyone takes stuff for granted. Do you realize how much it sucked having your AC break down during the month of August in south Texas? The nights were very uncomfortable. As for life, well I just live it day by day. I appreciate the small things in life and I always make the most out of things. As long as I got my faith, family, and friends (and AnimeSuki) life will be good for me.
smart respond to the question

my AC broke one summer too and ya, it suk3d >< i even tried sleeping outside but mosquitos were everywhere and it was still hot!!! um....ya just live ur life and enjoy it, its like riding a roller coaster, u get scared but when u get off, u loved it but if the ride suked um... ya nvm.....
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 05:08   Link #17
Kerensky18
?Sleep?

Send a message via MSN to Kerensky18
I do everything I like to do regardless (I don't try to do illegal things ) but it's like I tell my friends when they ask why do eat that or why do you do that. If you go out side you can get cancer, if you drink pop out alummiin cans you can get cancer and alltimers(cant spell the real form) if you ride a plain or drive a car you can crash. So why worry about what might happen just enjoy what you are doing now. I will try most things unless they have a very high proababilty of death (i.e trying fugo (sp?) or playing russian roullette (I wouldn't do that anyway.)
Kerensky18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 06:08   Link #18
demosthenes

every one takes life for granted. do you wake up every morning and say to yourself "today...well, today i might die."

i have found a new way of living life to the fullist. just started playing paint ball. dam there is nothing like projectiles flying past your head to tell you your still alive.
demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 00:05   Link #19
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

i think that school is too long because well...

your not conscious til four or five (remember stuff)...

you go to skool til like around 20...so you go to skool for about 14, 15, years for some thing you only do for like...30-40 years

then your weak to do anything more....so....yes ENJOY LIFE AND SIT IN FRONt of the computer and do nothing......yeah
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 01:04   Link #20
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I just chill.... relax and enjoy life.... and try not to worry about shit like work or school or life after death....