AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-03-16, 09:29   Link #321
DemonEye

Ep 20 was great. The characters are still developing. And I really like the new Alien character. I'm really looking forward to the next ep.
DemonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 12:06   Link #322
TronDD
Team the box!

Another good episode. Once again, Menori is shown to have more depth than any of the other characters.

Glad to see that some weather will finally be showing up. So far, it's been freakishly mild.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 18:56   Link #323
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Saw episode 20 also. Yup, we learn a little bit more from Menori in this episode.
Spoiler:
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 22:14   Link #324
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

Things are starting to turn interesting now, with some turn of events maybe.
And well I have no Howard from the beginning
Mistwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 16:12   Link #325
takuan

Send a message via AIM to takuan
lavalyn- yeah, I know they all can't be winners. One can't help but hope though.

Anyways, brief (ok, not so brief) ep 20 thoughts below:

We knew it was going to happen from the previews in 19, but I'm still kind of surprised they let Howard take care of the kid. My, it must be nice to be optimistic. :P

It's nice to see Menori thawing towards the kid, although I'm kind of curious why Adam was so focused on her. If it's because she didn't seem to like him/pay attention to him - I think it's not just Menori with this attitude. Perhaps it just that she was the most open and vocal about it? Win over your biggest enemies first? Smart little blue guy.

It doesn't surprise me that Howard would want to teach the kid to be more like him (aka, the stealing of the fruit, etc.) so that he would have someone on "his side" Or that he would want the kid to like him best - again so he would have someone to stand by him. But I didn't expect him to admit that he was jealous to everyone. Doesn't he usually deny stuff like this? I hope they go back and address both the relationship between Howard and Adam, and also any consequences Howard's actions may have on him, etc.

Side note, Luna is getting a wee bit too saintly and all-knowing for me. I hope they break out of this "Luna helps everyone come to terms with each other and saves the day" kind of thing. I'm actually kind of disappointed that Sharla ended up talking to Luna about Kaoru instead going to work things out with Kaoru by herself.
takuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 16:27   Link #326
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

I know what you mean about Luna, she is all knowing. :P I can't wait to see what happens next.
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-18, 13:13   Link #327
Kay Hearts
Cute ahiru ^v^ *quack*

First I didnīt liked the idea off adding an alien to the story but now Iīve changed my point of view. Actually the alien kid has become another reason for everyone to grow a little again, now that they had actually made possible to be organized and had almost everything in hand, they also have to take of someone else and this affects everyone in a different way.
Kay Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 13:02   Link #328
Seiryuu

This is a stupid question, I know, but I'll ask it anyhow. What happened to Luna's tights? I didn't even notice she wore a skirt until someone on the forum mentioned it, but after I did I also noticed that up until they get out of the wrecked shuttle, Luna seems to be wearing tights(her legs are at least five shades lighter than her arms and face), but suddenly, for no apparent reason, the tights disappear, and her legs are the same tone as the rest of her. What happened to them? did they use them as kindling for a fire or something?
It also seems a little odd that even before the fateful trip, while the kids were just going to school, they always wore the exact same outfits. Didn't they have any other clothes back home?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 15:01   Link #329
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
It also seems a little odd that even before the fateful trip, while the kids were just going to school, they always wore the exact same outfits. Didn't they have any other clothes back home?
Didn't we only see them on, like, two different days a week apart before they left? They could have done laundry.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 15:10   Link #330
CelestiaLegends

takuan:

Spoiler:
CelestiaLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 15:13   Link #331
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

I see did indeed have something else on her legs, they were off when Howard shoved her into the water, and don't think I have seen since.
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 05:55   Link #332
CelestiaLegends

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-24, 08:29   Link #333
Sylvanthious

I just watched episode 21 'The Winter is Coming' I think it was called, and this ep reminded me why I watch this series. It was great, totally great, this ep is the reason I watch Uninhabited Planted Survive. I was actually getting kind of bored with the last few eps focusing on the alien and stuff, but this ep reallly got me back in the mood focusing more on the characters.
Sylvanthious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 15:15   Link #334
DemonEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestiaLegends
Spoiler:

How many words has he spoken? Like 6-8 words .
DemonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 15:52   Link #335
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hor
I see did indeed have something else on her legs, they were off when Howard shoved her into the water, and don't think I have seen since.
She is wearing them again now that it's getting colder. I noticed it right away. I had wondered were they went, too.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 20:26   Link #336
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

yea, somehow the girls get their leggings back...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 00:20   Link #337
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I'm going to agree with Celestialegends and say that Adam's voice actor is unfitting. His voice is much lower than I expected. But whatever, half of the characters voices in this anime is unfitting either. I think it's because the voice actors (and actresses) are making their debut in anime voice acting in this anime. Look at Sharla's and Menori's voice actresses, they're rookies. But we've got to cut them some slack.

Anyways, onto episode 21: I think the reason they took their stockings off before is probably because it was too hot, I mean, they are on a tropical island. I wonder if they'll do an episode on a blizzard...and Howard dies in the blizzard...heh heh heh.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 02:38   Link #338
CelestiaLegends

I think Menori's voice actors pretty good actually :P Sharla's I know alot of people have a problem with it, maybe it could be better done, but adam's voice just hurts my ears...it's supposed to be an innocent alien kid, it sounds soo...soo...not-innocent.
Old 2004-03-25, 10:43   Link #339
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Advance titles for 25 and 26

Somehow I fell behind on giving the titles for future episodes from the NHK website, so here we go:
Spoiler:
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 17:09   Link #340
takuan

Send a message via AIM to takuan
CelestialLegends: Your explanation does makes sense. And as interesting as The Art of Seduction might be, I probably wouldn't have time to go pick it up. :P But thanks for the info.

Just finished watching ep 21
Spoiler:

re: Adam's voice actor/ress - I don't particularly like him/her either. I don't have a problem with any of the other characters voices, but Adam's it kind of jarring for me because he looks and acts like a really sweet and cute child, but his voice sounds so irritating and bland, almost monotone-ish. The effected breaks when he's trying to learn to speak aren't in the right places. Instead of sounding like a young child excited at learning to speak, he kind of sounds monotonous and strange.
takuan is offline   Reply With Quote