4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 4.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-15, 06:58   Link #61
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

I so desperately want to be irritated with this episode, but it just won't happen. When all is said and done, this was one of the better set-up episodes of the entire series. It falls short of the Naru/Gaara battle, with the combo-henge cliffhanger, but it's still good. I'm really excited for next episode, and glad they made it an hour-long special. The fight ought to be extremely interesting, provided they don't totally screw it up.

Regarding this episode, I thought it was well done. The animation was good, the pace was good, and the re-introduction of Oro was really well executed. I could have done without the Sasori flashback (again; what is that, like 20 times now?!?), but it was only about 10 seconds, so I'll deal. All in all, I felt like it was one of the better Shippuuden episodes to be released. I gave it a 7/10, but I probably should have given it an 8.
Old 2007-12-15, 07:39   Link #62
Guardi

Im asking myself if it was really clever of Kabuto and Oro if they killed Sasori there. They would draw the attention of Akatsuki to them. And i doubt that Kabuto and Oro stand a chance against the whole Akatsuki line-up. Even with Sasuke as backup.
Guardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 08:48   Link #63
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Dont get your hope up too much.. Its gonna be one hell of an epic fight tho ^^

*pray Saku-Chiyo vs Sasori animation team get the episodes*
lol that made me imagine Sakura Kinomoto and Chiyo Mihama vs Sasori.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 09:18   Link #64
Naotaka
Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
I so desperately want to be irritated with this episode, but it just won't happen. When all is said and done, this was one of the better set-up episodes of the entire series. It falls short of the Naru/Gaara battle, with the combo-henge cliffhanger, but it's still good. I'm really excited for next episode, and glad they made it an hour-long special. The fight ought to be extremely interesting, provided they don't totally screw it up.

Regarding this episode, I thought it was well done. The animation was good, the pace was good, and the re-introduction of Oro was really well executed. I could have done without the Sasori flashback (again; what is that, like 20 times now?!?), but it was only about 10 seconds, so I'll deal. All in all, I felt like it was one of the better Shippuuden episodes to be released. I gave it a 7/10, but I probably should have given it an 8.
Aside from the bolded parts you said everything I was going to word for word.
Naotaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 11:20   Link #65
defrule

I want the Orochimaru's theme back in. It's so ominous and fit him perfectly.
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 13:55   Link #66
DonSuke

Seriously, why is the anime so damn dragged out? It feel like 5 min in story has passed for each episode. Its annoying.
Next episode, they are going to talk five more minutes. Stand quiet another five, then start the battle halfway.

>_<
DonSuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 16:20   Link #67
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Oh, yeah! Orochimaru is back to the show.

The sleazy viper will be enjoying three little rats and a wood freak for the special next week.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 16:24   Link #68
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
lol that made me imagine Sakura Kinomoto and Chiyo Mihama vs Sasori.

CUTENESS ATTACK!!!!!...
Old 2007-12-15, 19:30   Link #69
Guardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Guardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 21:42   Link #70
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonSuke View Post
Seriously, why is the anime so damn dragged out? It feel like 5 min in story has passed for each episode. Its annoying.
Next episode, they are going to talk five more minutes. Stand quiet another five, then start the battle halfway.

>_<
You must understand that it's the limitation of the format. Several of the things that are shown in this episode probably happens at the same time, but they can't show them all in the same frame. And another thing is that people tend to read faster than they would normally talk. Especially if they're in the type of situation that's being presented in this episode.

And of course there's other factors to think about, like good breaking points between episodes, and the fact that anime must show more than a simple slideshow.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 22:01   Link #71
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

As long as they dont start jump switching scene and leave the full double episode on the battle itself.. Its gonna be epic, I dont remember any flashback scene, so if they inserted some..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 02:35   Link #72
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Great art and animation, but kind of boring... 7/10... at least they kept the flashbacks to a minimum and kept everything moving.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 04:57   Link #73
l33t_n00b

This episode was really awesome.
I'm so glad Naruto started to be good again since Episode 26, I never though it would become a good serie again.
Although every time again after an episode I'm worried the next episode is going to be badly animated.

Does anybody know the animation team for double episode 40 and 41 next week? I really want an epic animated fight :P
l33t_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 05:08   Link #74
ReinhartX

the only thing that made me watch this was hearing orochi's sadistic voice again after a long time
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 09:23   Link #75
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Starting off...

NICE! Picture of Sasori disappears from Naruto's hand magically after the Cap'n transforms

After that...a pretty hum drum episode that leaves me looking forward to next week!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 09:27   Link #76
Pentium
Uchiha

Nah I think Sasori would have owned Orochi and Kabuto quite easily. We forget that the guy was in Akatsuki and looking at his last fight he caused some serious damage with that poison which Orochi and Kabuto didn't know about thus they would have been pwned flat on their ass.

I hope they do a good job of Naruto's four tailed state is it? I am watching the intro theme over and over as it gives a quick glimpse of that episode there have a look. Seeing Naruto's previous demon state was kind of poor so hoping they rectify it here and looking forward to the power he demonstrates... goosebumps!

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 11:27   Link #77
xPresagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium View Post
Nah I think Sasori would have owned Orochi and Kabuto quite easily. We forget that the guy was in Akatsuki and looking at his last fight he caused some serious damage with that poison which Orochi and Kabuto didn't know about thus they would have been pwned flat on their ass.
Being in Akatsuki only means that their members are S-type fugitives. People like Kisame, by his own admission, are simply no match for shinobi like the Sannin.

Not only Orochimaru was also part of Akatsuki. but coincidentally was paired with Sasori, so if any person knew about his jutsu, was him.

Besides, from Sasori's account, he was forced to use his strongest techniques to even be accepted, so it's not as he had many surprises left, while we do know that Oro has been acquiring new jutsu since then. Plus, it would have been a 2-1 fight, with one of them being probably the 2nd best medic in Naruto's world. And with the surprise element conspiring against him.

I certainly don't want to turn this into a "who would win" topic, it's just that Kabuto/Oro would had been the ones with the upper hand.

Also, not an actual spoiler but..
Spoiler:
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 15:37   Link #78
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Why orochimaru keeps his appearance eventhought, he changes bodies?

10/10 because i luv how it turns out, a huge suprise, but still i have to say, that Kabuto turning against "Sasori" wasn't a suprise ... can wait for the special episode next week!!
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 21:46   Link #79
Strike101

I'm praying for Shippuden Episode 1 Quality , Animation and Artwork !!

The Kisame vs Gai battle looks like they've been animated by a bunch of OJT students
Strike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 23:05   Link #80
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Ya it would be great to have this double episode coming up being drawn with episode one quality, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I'll be really happy with them going with the team that does the hand drawn-like stuff. An example of this would be episode 26 during most of the Chiyo/Sakura vs Sasori fight.