2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 4.02%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 13.79%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-22, 11:31   Link #101
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I got one/three word/s for that episode: wtf?

3/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 13:37   Link #102
Willowwhisp

I must say, I usually am quite tolerant of the slow pacing of the series, but when it comes to a 40 minute special, I expect something more. Ultimately, this was just another episode, only twice as long, and frankly, I found it to be twice as boring.

As others have said, it's really a question of: "It's been 40 minutes, what happened?" I'm okay with episodes that don't have action, episodes that bridge the story, and so forth, but that's what the last episode was, and the one before that. In 40 minutes, we saw very little, both in the way of action and in the way of story building. Slow zoom-ins on the characters faces and/or eyes fail to build tension, the long flashbacks are unnecessary, and the long periods of time where characters just stand still are tiresome.

I hate to sound like a whiner or anything, but I just flat-out didn't enjoy that episode. All that we saw in 40 minutes could've been done in 10.

And also, I'm still awaiting a rendition of Orochimaru's Theme, presuming the organ play during Naruto's transformation wasn't meant to be the new rendition. It still stands as my favourite theme from the old series, and I really want to hear it again. The entire soundtrack has been given a fresh update, and hopefully Oro's theme will get one too.

4/10 - Poor IMO.
Willowwhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 13:43   Link #103
Slayerx

Y'know what's particularly retarded about this episode...
The main point of filler material and dragging things out is to make sure the anime does not catch up to the manga... and this week we have a double episode release that was filled with a horrible amount of filler and flashback...

What's pathetic, is that instead of making to crappy episodes they could have used the EXACT SAME amount of manga material and made ONE decent episode; instead of making a double release... And in the end, in terms of the anime catching up with the manga, there would have been absolutely no difference

So far, my only reason to watch shippudeen is to hear the music... honestly, that's the only thing they got right; i kind of wonder if they blew their entire budget on music and nerfed the animation term
Really... once an OST for the tv series (not the movie) comes out, i'll be done excet for MAYBE a few choice fights...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 14:13   Link #104
Casshern

I think this episode could've been much worse. Even though it's annoying to see them drag it out when you just want them to start beating each other senseless, I couldn't help but admire the animation. I reckon it was really well done and quite impressive at some points. It would've been much harder to stomach if the animation was crappy again.

I especially liked Naruto's underwater monologue scene and the bgm was very fitting. Naruto, psychologically shattered and consiously submitting his body to the Kyuubi's will, really set him apart from his typical, overenthusiastic, immature and annoying (imo) behaviour and gave him more depth. Was this scene filler? I don't remember it happening in the manga, though it's been so long since I read those chapters I might've forgoten it.

The Kyuubi transformation was very impressive, especially the way his blood burned to smoke rather than evaporate as it exited the four-tails cloak.

These two scenes definitely made this ep worthwhile. Though, if it wasn't for the excellent animation the underwater scene wouldn't be half as good and the kyuubi transformation would've been a pain, rather than awesome, to watch.

Did something change in the production staff? I got the impression that the musical cues in this ep had some heavy Akira influence.

Overall I vote 7/10.

Last edited by Casshern; 2007-12-22 at 15:09.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 18:17   Link #105
wtfftw

You know i think everyone got a point even them people who say its a great ep we all hope that it will be great like it was in the old days ep 1 - 50.

btw its not cuz some of us is manga reader that we think its sucks but like i read death note way before people even knew it and then i watched the anime and i was still like WOW. Kira is insane but here I am like lol ok attack xP.

The thing is people expect too much from naruto to let it go downhill like this

I know i am gonna get flamed for this but i am still gonna say it. The only reason why this anime sucks now is cuz SASUKE aint in it plain and simple since ep 1 naruto been harrasing sasuke all the time if you remove sasuke from naruto and dont show him the show is going downhill. Thats how i see it. i mean the 1st eps it was always like sasuke doing something cool naruto fails and we all laugh.

But now naruto is a static character. i woudl actually be amazed if naruto had a personality change like all calm and stuff. Probably would get me like WoW.

So kishi or whom ever made the anime aint creative at all.

Overall im sad
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 20:25   Link #106
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
I know i am gonna get flamed for this but i am still gonna say it. The only reason why this anime sucks now is cuz SASUKE aint in it plain and simple since ep 1 naruto been harrasing sasuke all the time if you remove sasuke from naruto and dont show him the show is going downhill. Thats how i see it. i mean the 1st eps it was always like sasuke doing something cool naruto fails and we all laugh.

But now naruto is a static character. i woudl actually be amazed if naruto had a personality change like all calm and stuff. Probably would get me like WoW.
Pheh, not at all, the manga carried on just fine without the presence of sasuke... the main reaosn the anime sucks right now is because of terrible terrible pacing... The anime team is trying to make one chapter of the manga last one episode when it should be more like 2 chapters... they drag everything out. We have fighters standing there staring eachother for god knows how long and taking forever to do anything; tkaing far longer than they should. they insert much unnecessary flashback and filler material which adds nothing but just bores poeple to death. it all takes forever to do...

And if when it came to the filler arc, that had less to do with the lack of sasuke and everything to do with the fact that the anime team has no talent when it comes writing and unlike kishi can not write a good story... so when it comes to fillers, when the anime team has to do work themselves and can no longer leech off kishi's work we get a whole lot of crap... had Kishi been writing the filler material we might have had a some decent fillers (like maybe some actual character development)
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 22:18   Link #107
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The entire time watching i kept asking myself i am watching naruto and not Dragonball right when did i start watching Dragonball again? So disappointing an hour long special with 45 min of it watching Naruto power up to super chibi kyrubi.

2/10
Old 2007-12-22, 22:30   Link #108
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You know ... Ino beaten Sakura badly in this picture
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 22:43   Link #109
CrazySunshine

Why make a special? What the hell was your purpose of that animation crew?

And when people blame Kishimoto about the anime, that pisses me off.

I liked the constant stare/scene change between Oro and 3TK, so much like Kung Pow.
CrazySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 22:59   Link #110
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I can't believe they wasted all 1 hr. and it's just a bunch of talking and Naruto related issues. And I thought there would be some more actions because it's 2 eps.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 23:02   Link #111
Ziv

;_; they're turning Naruto into Dragonball Z! The first half was nothing but Naruto powering up!

One of the interesting things I just noticed though is that Sasuke and Naruto are a lot alike in that they're both drawing upon whatever evil power they can find in order to accomplish their goals.

Last edited by Ziv; 2007-12-22 at 23:16.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 23:17   Link #112
CrazySunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
;_; they're turning Naruto into Dragonball Z! The first half was nothing but Naruto powering up!

One of the interesting things I just noticed though is that Sasuke and Naruto are a lot alike in that they're both drawing upon whatever evil power they can find in order to accomplish their goals.
Except that Sasuke does it on purpose, and Naruto just can't control himself.
Old 2007-12-22, 23:37   Link #113
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
You know ... Ino beaten Sakura badly in this picture
How? I demand an explanation.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 23:46   Link #114
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ She became a true woman .. unlike Sakura who stuck in girl land (bodywise)
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 00:01   Link #115
Rock Lee X
Rock Lee Junkie

why was the answer to my questions deleted? is it a spoiler?
Rock Lee X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 00:08   Link #116
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
^ She became a true woman .. unlike Sakura who stuck in girl land (bodywise)
She needs to hurry up and learn Tsunade's booby no jutsu.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 00:13   Link #117
monir
cho~ kakkoii

LIES!!! It's all trickeries, the trickeries of the camera angle.... Ino is standing square while Sakura-chan's stance is a little side way. Also unlike Ino, Sakura-chan is showing some modesty as evident from their choice of attire. Ino obviously wearing those push-up top thingies that gives the ladies that extra cleavage-edge because she knows Sakura-chan has the edge in the kawaiiii~ affect. If Sakura-chan wasn't being so modest I'm sure she would..... *nose bleeds* Damn, that Lee is hot in that pink top. He is so distracting.
Old 2007-12-23, 00:44   Link #118
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post

well I kinda like it that way, good guys who draw evil powers to defeat evil foes are cool (see bleach, claymore, hellsing, etc) .....good guys who rely on powers from Kamisama or stuff like that get boring rather quickly......

Now ... Naruto has a demon inside, Sasuke on the other hand has a strong case of rabies (Sharingan + Nasty Oro's snake bite = Stronger than a 3 tail Kyubi....Whut da..?)

Also, Ino beat Sakura on that pic plain and simple........can't blame the camera angles since this last episide was all about camera angles, they shot from the trees, close ups, from the air, from the floor, from highest part of the bridge, etc
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 00:53   Link #119
CrazySunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
LIES!!! It's all trickeries, the trickeries of the camera angle.... Ino is standing square while Sakura-chan's stance is a little side way. Also unlike Ino, Sakura-chan is showing some modesty as evident from their choice of attire. Ino obviously wearing those push-up top thingies that gives the ladies that extra cleavage-edge because she knows Sakura-chan has the edge in the kawaiiii~ affect. If Sakura-chan wasn't being so modest I'm sure she would..... *nose bleeds* Damn, that Lee is hot in that pink top. He is so distracting.
...Guh... when will people get over her ugly face and mosquito-bite boobs...
Old 2007-12-23, 00:54   Link #120
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Okay, I'll give that Sakura-chan may not be drinking her daily portion of milk. Also, as it has been mentioned already, Tsunade-sama is still holding back on some of the training from Sakura-chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySunshine View Post
...Guh... when will people get over her ugly face and mosquito-bite boobs...
LOL... Exactly! + rep!