AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-30, 20:13   Link #1661
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quater View Post
Spoiler:

Also add to the part where the guy says no mortal enemy besides Lee's speed that doesn't even make sense. Lee's speed is copyable to them and Kakashi was never trying to fight the Uchiha.
You should put that in spoiler tags....
Old 2007-07-30, 22:17   Link #1662
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by quater View Post
Spoiler for Kakashi:

Also add to the part where the guy says no mortal enemy besides Lee's speed that doesn't even make sense. Lee's speed is copyable to them and Kakashi was never trying to fight the Uchiha.
I don't think the speed itself was copyable, but rather Sasuke could tell specifically what muscles and other aspects that needed to be trained so he was able to gain Lee's speed faster than normal. I mean from what I could tell he still had to train his body, but was able to train those specific areas...

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-07-31 at 04:07. Reason: Do not quote spoiler
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 22:37   Link #1663
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
I don't think the speed itself was copyable, but rather Sasuke could tell specifically what muscles and other aspects that needed to be trained so he was able to gain Lee's speed faster than normal. I mean from what I could tell he still had to train his body, but was able to train those specific areas...
You are correct. Even if a sharingan user can SEE where someone is going or will be, that doesn't give them the immediate ability to mimic their physical conditioning. They can copy jutsus, but only if they are strong enough to pull them off. For instance, as you said, Sasuke had to train intensely to match the speed that Lee had trained almost his entire life for. However, even with his training and sharingan, he still hadn't built up Lee's incredible endurance. As you might have seen in either the anime or manga, Sasuke could move at Lee's speed or greater, but it took a lot out of him.
Old 2007-07-31, 16:57   Link #1664
quater
Kazekage Q

Oh I see what you mean.
quater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 11:36   Link #1665
warmachine v2.0
philisophasizer

I think it all comes down to speed and genjutsu training, Byakugan can see all around you, and sharingan can see where an attack is coming, but neither grant the user the ability to do anything about it. If your fast enough, you can hit either one, dodge thier taijutsu, and ninjutsu, and dispel thier genjutsu with thier training. Then again, im saying this from the perspective of that these doujutsu are in users who are of equal strength and have no uber power-ups that kill everything. Sasuke vs Hinata is extremely self-explanatory. But take two equal shinobi in terms of physical speed, strength and endurance, put the battle on only the byakugan and sharingan and I think it would be a stalemate.
warmachine v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-01, 21:25   Link #1666
tatami
back in black

would love to see jyuuken against sharingan...one can close tenketsu and other can predict attacts...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 14:50   Link #1667
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, if it were, say for instance Sasuke vs. Neji, I think Neji would win. I only say that because he has that rotation technique. The only reason naruto was able to win was because he had the kyuubi to grant him extra strength after Neji closed all of his chakra points. All of them. If Neji did the same to Sasuke, Sasuke would be really screwed. At that point, if his points were blocked, he wouldn't even be able to use his sharingan (since sharingan do need a lot of chakra to sustain).
Old 2007-08-02, 15:21   Link #1668
Icecolduchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Well, if it were, say for instance Sasuke vs. Neji, I think Neji would win. I only say that because he has that rotation technique. The only reason naruto was able to win was because he had the kyuubi to grant him extra strength after Neji closed all of his chakra points. All of them. If Neji did the same to Sasuke, Sasuke would be really screwed. At that point, if his points were blocked, he wouldn't even be able to use his sharingan (since sharingan do need a lot of chakra to sustain).
cs3 could probably work the same way as the kyubi's did
Icecolduchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 15:52   Link #1669
-Shana-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post

ROFL. Sharingan needs little chakra to use lololol. That was only said for Kakashi since he isn't a Uchiha.

Sasuke would ultimately own Neji in everyway possible. Sasuke would never let Neji get the chance to hit him the way he wants. Neji is a taijutsu user with no known ranged attacks. And even if he did, are you going to say Sasuke wont copy it in an instant and use it with probably more force? Also you must have forgotten Chidori Nagashi. Neji ends up touching that and if even for a split second he flinches, Sasuke will put a chidori sword through his chest.
-Shana- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 16:44   Link #1670
Kazekage_Gaara
Kage of Sunagakure

Send a message via AIM to Kazekage_Gaara
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shana- View Post
ROFL. Sharingan needs little chakra to use lololol. That was only said for Kakashi since he isn't a Uchiha.

Sasuke would ultimately own Neji in everyway possible. Sasuke would never let Neji get the chance to hit him the way he wants. Neji is a taijutsu user with no known ranged attacks. And even if he did, are you going to say Sasuke wont copy it in an instant and use it with probably more force? Also you must have forgotten Chidori Nagashi. Neji ends up touching that and if even for a split second he flinches, Sasuke will put a chidori sword through his chest.
Saying Sasuke would never let Neji hit him is just speculation, he is damn fast though so I don't disagree. Neji does have a range attack by the way it was shown in Part II when he forces chakra out of his palm to shove Kisame back although it's not a good long range. Sasuke can't just merely copy Neji's techniques and use them in the same fight unless he's extremely good at improvising. He can't see tanketsu like Neji so he can't close the chakra points.

Chidori Nagashi won't mean anything unless Neji actually touches him and that moment he activates it, in that instance he can just use the Eight Trigram Empty Palm. Plus Sasuke is in much danger as Neji would be, Neji just has to attack Sasuke's heart directly or any of his inner organs to hurt him badly. A slight tap would injure Sasuke pretty badly. All speculation like I said so I can't say that Neji would beat Sasuke or vice versa.
Old 2007-08-05, 14:03   Link #1671
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Yewah, if we wanted to argue that, we'd make a versus thread. I only brought it up because it was worth considering. And no matter how much chakra the sharingan actually use, with all of his tanketsu closed, sasuke wouldn't be able to call upon ANY chakra, so he wouldn't be able to use sharingan. I doubt he'd be able to use cs3 at that point. Unless Kishimoto gave him yet more cheap invincible techniques.
Old 2007-08-05, 17:08   Link #1672
AZANB
Akatsuki Memeber

I'd LOVE to have the sharingan, that'd just be soo cool! Although, the Byukugan would be cool. Someone going to play a prank on you you could see what would be coming. Cause of the far vision and the 360 degree part. But I'd still prefere the Sharingan, copy someone's handwriting like my moms... for when I forget to get a signature for a field trip XD
AZANB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 13:29   Link #1673
stickman
my avvy rocks

i'd have byukagon. lets face it, there is no such thing as jutsus in the real world so theres nothing to copy.
Spoiler for sharingan:

so in the real world the byukagan would be the most useful. especially if the secret abilaty was to urn it off and on at will like sasuke can with his sharingan.
plus there are the obvious good things:
the much stated, looking through clothes.
they are much less noticable than red eyes with swirly dots in them, especially if you wear a blindfold or something.
cheating on tests( looking at the nerd behind you with 360 veiwing or looking through the nerd infront of you).
being able to draw something when it is miles away and your at your computer desk.
never loosing something( you could just stand outside your house and look through the walls and boxe and people).

so obviously byakagan is the best.
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 19:33   Link #1674
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman View Post
i'd have byukagon. lets face it, there is no such thing as jutsus in the real world so theres nothing to copy.
Spoiler for sharingan:

so in the real world the byukagan would be the most useful. especially if the secret abilaty was to urn it off and on at will like sasuke can with his sharingan.
plus there are the obvious good things:
the much stated, looking through clothes.
they are much less noticable than red eyes with swirly dots in them, especially if you wear a blindfold or something.
cheating on tests( looking at the nerd behind you with 360 veiwing or looking through the nerd infront of you).
being able to draw something when it is miles away and your at your computer desk.
never loosing something( you could just stand outside your house and look through the walls and boxe and people).

so obviously byakagan is the best.
well I'm guessing in the real world we don't have chakra coils either. I guess considering that byakugan can spot a person from like 800 meters (which is almost 875 yards) if trained hard enough than I'm guessing that it has the greater assasination potential than sharingan. I really guess it depends on what your planning. I mean really if someone like Neji wanted to kill his opponent and practiced long range attacks he could just stand well out of a person's view and shoot the guy, but as someone mentioned...what would the fun in that be?
Old 2007-08-08, 05:48   Link #1675
stickman
my avvy rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
well I'm guessing in the real world we don't have chakra coils either. I guess considering that byakugan can spot a person from like 800 meters (which is almost 875 yards) if trained hard enough than I'm guessing that it has the greater assasination potential than sharingan. I really guess it depends on what your planning. I mean really if someone like Neji wanted to kill his opponent and practiced long range attacks he could just stand well out of a person's view and shoot the guy, but as someone mentioned...what would the fun in that be?
who says it wouldn't be any fun, beingable to spot someone 875 yards away, no matter what is inbetween them and you, plus you'd get loadsa money by assasinating even if it is no fun, but work isn't always about fun, it is about the money sometimes. plus there are the other upsides I mentioned. plus, having sharingan would just turn you into a copier all your life like kakashi.
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 08:11   Link #1676
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman View Post
who says it wouldn't be any fun, beingable to spot someone 875 yards away, no matter what is inbetween them and you, plus you'd get loadsa money by assasinating even if it is no fun, but work isn't always about fun, it is about the money sometimes. plus there are the other upsides I mentioned. plus, having sharingan would just turn you into a copier all your life like kakashi.
lol I guess your right...you'll also have an edge in hide- 'n' go-seek

I think though that we must remember that things like Hyuuga's special taijutsu is not a direct effect of the Baykugan, whereas the Sharingan has a vast array of offensive abilities directly associated with it. Although currently we're not even sure if the Byakugan has other abilities since we haven't seen enough of it so all we can go by is what we know currently and what characters has said about either. Sure Byakugan allows the Hyuuga's taijutsu (from what I recall it was called the strongest taijutsu) to be used effectively, but it's not an ability of Byakugan itself.

Spoiler:

Last edited by tkdtiger; 2007-10-02 at 17:44.
Old 2007-12-24, 09:56   Link #1677
sabret00the

Spoiler:

And both are fooled by kage bunshin.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 15:47   Link #1678
karikashi_hatake
Kakashi's Son

Angry

Dude,sharingan all the way!

Why waste time looking in 360 degrees when you can look at them and kill them?
karikashi_hatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 16:12   Link #1679
vision55

I had to go with the Magic Dots and pinwheels....seriously Neji looks ugly big time and hinata...no wonder Naruto s not interested. Seriously being able to see the enemy does not mean you can beat him....Sharingan has a bigger upside all around and you wont look ugly as f||ck
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 16:55   Link #1680
tkdtiger

I decided that it's good to rewrite exactly what Byakugan and Sharingan does by the description within the manga. Sometime it helps to put things in better perspectived when comparing and contrasting both eye techniques. I tried to find characters that gave the best description of both. I'll start with finding what it says on Byakugan so far and add to it comments on sharingan.

Spoiler: