AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-24, 03:02   Link #881
kazoo

Merry X-mas!
It is zip of minami-ke's pictures for your PC's desktop.
Zip's PASS is "ilovechiaki". There is in the 18 picutures & 5.6MB.

I think that CHIAKI is so cute. and I love Haruka.

have a nice day!!
kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 03:15   Link #882
darlliu

Awesome episode...
tough guy from Alaska
and little touma is so cute XD
Next time we have yuri fan-service, eh?
Old 2007-12-24, 06:32   Link #883
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Interesting definition of "boring" ....... you must, like, live with angry snakes and tigers at home?
No i don't have tigers i have a few Rhino's it always keeps me on my toes when im at home , I know i am probably asking too much in a storyline but i expect to see something that keeps my interest and that to me is the storyline or characters, to be honest i have found the main characters quite annoying but as Midonin said it gets better after 8 so i may watch then when i'm not being attacked by my rhinos.
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 08:26   Link #884
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Hosaka?

or am I just thinking too much?
Most probably you're right, especially considering what is shown a second ago before the scene above.

Spoiler for Episode 12:
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 10:01   Link #885
deffusse
otaku[SK]

Merry x-masssss! To all of you, both anime and manga fans, and minami-ke fans.... If I may have one "otaku christmas/new year's wish", please bring us more and more minami, and more and more of the other best series, so that we'll be able to watch it in the next year....
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 11:14   Link #886
b0nyb0y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
No i don't have tigers i have a few Rhino's it always keeps me on my toes when im at home , I know i am probably asking too much in a storyline but i expect to see something that keeps my interest and that to me is the storyline or characters, to be honest i have found the main characters quite annoying but as Midonin said it gets better after 8 so i may watch then when i'm not being attacked by my rhinos.
If you don't find those first 8 episodes interesting (or entertaining, or moe, or pure comedic gold) in the first place, then I seriously doubt if you'll enjoy the rest of the series. As someone previously said, for this particular type of genre, strong storyline isn't something that it focuses on. So if you're expecting for a plot, then you definitely are looking for something in the wrong place...

Not that I don't like those anime with strong storyline though. But those.. and this anime, are just different. And as such they need different mindsets when watching.

To enjoy this genre to it fullest, you shouldn't try to make out about who's out to do what, nor try to put all characters' actions into some meaningful sequence of events. Doing so will make you feel lost, as there's no storyline for you to hold on to. You may even feel that the anime is just too random and isn't progressing anywhere, because you're expecting for a story path (a line going from point A to point B), when there's none to be found in the first place. And, to me, that's a serious mistake.

It's almost like you're looking for realistic events in Harry Potter or something. You won't find any, and the more you try to do so, the less enjoyable it becomes.

My personal rule-of-thumb when watching this genre is, just watching them casually, treat them more or less like you would with regular Sitcoms, and you'll be just fine...
b0nyb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 11:25   Link #887
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nyb0y View Post
If you don't find those first 8 episodes interesting (or entertaining, or moe, or pure comedic gold) in the first place, then I seriously doubt if you'll enjoy the rest of the series. As someone previously said, for this particular type of genre, strong storyline isn't something that it focuses on. So if you're expecting for a plot, then you definitely are looking for something in the wrong place...

Not that I don't like those anime with strong storyline though. But those.. and this anime, are just different. And as such they need different mindsets when watching.

To enjoy this genre to it fullest, you shouldn't try to make out about who's out to do what, nor try to put all characters' actions into some meaningful sequence of events. Doing so will make you feel lost, as there's no storyline for you to hold on to. You may even feel that the anime is just too random and isn't progressing anywhere, because you're expecting for a story path (a line going from point A to point B), when there's none to be found in the first place. And, to me, that's a serious mistake.

It's almost like you're looking for realistic events in Harry Potter or something. You won't find any, and the more you try to do so, the less enjoyable it becomes.

My personal rule-of-thumb when watching this genre is, just watching them casually, treat them more or less like you would with regular Sitcoms, and you'll be just fine...
Well yeah i don't like really unrealistic things to be fair,
Spoiler for compare bleach:

But today i have watched 8 & 9 with the thought of a "slice of life" and it actually got better so really thanks for all you help on getting back into minami-ke .
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 15:38   Link #888
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

watched minami-ke 12 *koeran sub* what a great episode.. 2nd to the best lol, 1st for me was epi 11
Old 2007-12-24, 17:50   Link #889
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
Well yeah i don't like really unrealistic things to be fair,
Spoiler for compare bleach:

But today i have watched 8 & 9 with the thought of a "slice of life" and it actually got better so really thanks for all you help on getting back into minami-ke .
It also depends on what style of story telling you enjoy even within the genre. Totally unrealistic things I don't like but if done in a way which appeals the me, then it's fine. I'm not much of a "slice of life" person either seen as most of the lull me to sleep (maybe a good thing when I need some rest ) but this style of writing keeps my attention very well...(and I would prefer this to LS after that lost all interest in me).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 23:51   Link #890
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

I made my nominations for the AnimeSuki 2007 Choice awards!

For Favorite Female Character I chose Minami Haruka (Minami-ke) as my top pick followed by Fubayashi Kyou (Clannad), and Katsura Hinagiku (Hayate no Gotoku!).

I love Kyou, it pains me to put her in second place, but Haruka has my heart for her combination of appealing personality, beauty, and funny comedic moments. Therefore so she took the top spot for me.

If there were a Favorites Sisters of Anime 2007 category (unfortunately there isn’t), then my choice would be:

Group Overall
1. Minami Sisters-Haruka, Kana, and Chiaki. (Minami-Ke)
2. Fubayashi Sisters-Kyou and Ryou. (Clannad)
3. Katsura Sisters-Hinagiku and Yukiji. (Hayate no Gotoku!)

Individual Overall:
1. Haruka
2. Kyou
3. Hinagiku
4. Chiaki
5. Kana
6. Ryou
7. Yukiji

What they all have in common is enjoyable chemistry, humorous interactions, contrasting and complimentary personalities, and good looks don’t hurt either.
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 08:09   Link #891
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Unfortunately there's also no category for Best Inanimate Object, else you could nominate Yamada of Episode 11 for the prize.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 14:39   Link #892
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
Unfortunately there's also no category for Best Inanimate Object, else you could nominate Yamada of Episode 11 for the prize.
Yamada would be a good choice, but Akiko's Jam (Kanon 2006) can give Yamada serious competition and inflict major damage on unwary "eaters" at the same time.
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 21:11   Link #893
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepearl View Post
lol at minami-ke/yamayurikai

Is there a link to this artist? I have seen his (or her?) works before (with characters from other anime) and they all look...superb.
Sorry about the delay. I think you're looking for gofu web. Here's a direct link to his picture diary:

http://gofu.net-comic.com/diary/index.html

They're arranged by month. When you are through with December, scroll back up to the upper right hand corner and click on 前の月を見る>>. That will take you to November and previous months.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 03:39   Link #894
arkxkra
全力全開

merry x'mas(i know its late) ...
Another family of Minami(boy), 3 of them alway think too much ...
Old 2007-12-26, 04:05   Link #895
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Marry X-mas

So In This Ep The Three Mimami Boy Gonna Come Again..Right ?
I Think They Are Weirds Brothers... Natsuki is The Weirdest ..
Old 2007-12-27, 06:33   Link #896
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Old 2007-12-27, 11:17   Link #897
Zippicus

The Christmas episode was great. Chiaki was in top form, my favorite part from her was the dumbass 4 hit combo lol.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 18:57   Link #898
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo91 View Post
that's an advertisment for the alternate retelling of minami-ke right? every time i see something related to that i get a little scared i hope to god they don't ruin the show and it's going to be hard not to ruin it since the first one is pure gold you can only go down or match it

ep 12 was way too perfect poor fujioka but can he be even more likable now, next ep i'm getting way too impatient for it's basically going to be the only new show i'm going to have for 2 weeks since every other show is taking a break
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 19:22   Link #899
raideralan

I heard that there was a problem with the opening for episode 12 Ayako release. Is that true?
raideralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 19:40   Link #900
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan View Post
I heard that there was a problem with the opening for episode 12 Ayako release. Is that true?
I'm about to check it, but i think we can always skip the opening if that's happening...

Edit: These guys... lol... This is the first group attempting to do a fandub
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life