AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-22, 12:33   Link #341
FireChick

Sorry to ask but have subs of eps 11 come out?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 12:47   Link #342
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Sorry to ask but have subs of eps 11 come out?
No. You only need to check AnimeSuki's website to see whether it's released or not.
Old 2007-12-22, 12:57   Link #343
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

as far as i see it hasn't came out... but i need to say, 12 episode seemed so sweet finally some Ikuto&Amu moments
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 15:35   Link #344
FireChick

Oh. Okay. Sorry. Just wondered. Oh! I finally got volume 1 of the manga! I can't read it until Christmas though.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 16:08   Link #345
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
Spoiler for ep 12:
Dam...
ep 12
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 17:09   Link #346
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Did tadase just confess his love to amu? ( in episode 11)
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 17:56   Link #347
Seiryuu

No, he confessed his love for Amulet Heart to Amu. Amu has potential and desire to become that sort of person, but it's not entirely her. It's sort of like Clark Kent finding out Lois is in love with Superman. It's not quite good enough if he loves the flashy persona and not the real Amu.
Anyway, I suspect both anime and manga will start to lean more and more towards an AI pairing instead of AT. Both will come to understand one another and love one another, and then she'll finally let him put his key in her keyhole.
BTW, I originally wasn't going to use the term KEY hole, but I figured it'd be a little much to just call it her "hole" after the whole "Shall I put it in?" line.
Also, I was looking back over some other series forums, and I noticed that there's a very similar discussion in certain parts of the Nanoha StrikerS threads, complete with a girl's friends trying to kill a guy who owns the key and therefore "owns" her body.

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2007-12-25 at 21:05.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 18:12   Link #348
Asrialys

It's called a "lock." Sounds less dirty :P
Old 2007-12-23, 18:59   Link #349
Seiryuu

I know. Calling it a lock would be most accurate, but it doesn't suit the clear innuendo in the manga. With a guy remarking on how small it(the keyhole) is, and then offering to "put it(the key) in", the girl turning bright red, and both calling each other pervert after finding it won't go in, the manga's humpty-dumpty is possibly the most blatant metaphor I've seen. "Lock" sounds less dirty, and fits pretty well with the current TV level of decency, but it just doesn't do justice to the suggestive quality of the scene, which has yet to appear on tv.
Old 2007-12-23, 20:47   Link #350
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

Ep. 11 was pretty good with some nice scenes between Amu and her SCs. Miki laid the law down on Amu. It is nice to see they are trying to maintain some rules and not just letting Amu chara change whenever she is feeling a bit helpless (or lazy?).
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 22:42   Link #351
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow1770 View Post
Ep. 11 was pretty good with some nice scenes between Amu and her SCs. Miki laid the law down on Amu. It is nice to see they are trying to maintain some rules and not just letting Amu chara change whenever she is feeling a bit helpless (or lazy?).
Well, that's part of it... but it wasn't just about "you can't just chara change for your own benefit" but more of "you can't just chara change for your own benefit when you don't really BELIEVE in that character." Amu's continued denials "This isn't my real character!" when she's changed are a bad sign. She's rejecting those personalities, refusing to believe that they're a part of her. And Miki and Ran told her back in episode 2 that if she does that for too long the shugo charas will disappear. If she continues to deny her dreams, eventually she'll lose the ability to reach those dreams. And the "would be self" that was formed around that dream will vanish because she no longer has any chance of becoming it.

Refusing to believe isn't just "I don't want shugo charas. Shoo!" Refusing to accept the part of herself that the shugo chara represents is just as much part of disbelief as that first thing. And THAT, I think, was Miki's true point.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 21:25   Link #352
Seiryuu

Like Wanderer said, the problem wasn't whether Amu was using the charas for herself but how she used them. Frankly, it'd be surprising if Amu had managed a change at that point. Up until now, Amu's either wanted to BE like the character(like wanting to be able to honestly state her feelings) or was in a state of mind that sort of synchs with the character(like when she got geared up to kick the soccer ball back instead of throwing it). In this case, Amu was completely different. She didn't want to be more artistic, she'd decided that she just wasn't an artist. She wasn't in a mood to do the job at all. The character change awakens her potential through her will, helping her do something herself, but Amu just wanted to let someone else handle the mess FOR her, not WITH her.
That said, it's been a while and I'd like to see Amu do a Miki change again. She's only changed once and transformed once.
Old 2007-12-26, 15:07   Link #353
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Song preview for the new opening theme. Sounds great ^__^!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFKA4gqcUR4

I haven't watch the episodes in a while. So I had to catch up with it 0_0. I only stopped at episode 7 and thats it.
Old 2007-12-27, 05:59   Link #354
Seiryuu

Nice. It's probably my imagination, but I get the feeling a lot of shows start to move a little faster and with more tension when they have a faster, more interesting song for the opening. I know that Onmyou Taisenki started to get really interesting around the time it switched OPs. The last one was just a little too happy-go-lucky to take things seriously on any level.
Old 2007-12-27, 11:27   Link #355
mdauben

Just watched ep 11, and not only is it not an "egg of the week" story, but we get some real development in this episode, too. The thing with Tadase-kun liking Amulet Heart instead of Amu was a bit of a supprise, but I thought the internal conflict of Amu regarding her inability to accept that her "would be selves" really are her looks very promising from a story development point of view.

Definetly seeing some substance to this series.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 13:24   Link #356
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

My impression of Shugo Chara after 12 episodes.

Now that I have more free time and have finished up other 2007 anime shows, I decided to catch up on show I didn’t follow week to week. After reading the reviews I decided to give Shugo Chara a try.

The verdict? After seeing 12 episodes, it is as good as people have said it to be. I wish I had followed it week to week.

I suppose like most guys, I was slightly embarrassed to like the show, but it that quickly faded when I saw how good it was. It’s got high quality animation, appealing character designs, and engaging character interaction just to name a few reasons. It’s so fun, good hearted and addictive that I have watched it repeatedly. It’s got a good mix of comedy and drama that hits the right spot. There is also got a mature aspect that keeps it appealing in the same way that Harry Potter appeals to adults.

It’s also the one of the few shows I can recall where the main character and lead heroine (i.e. Amu) is also my favorite character. She’s cute, appealing and likable without being too sugary to overpower her natural charm. The viewers get to see the complexity and richness of her inner being and struggles. She kind of reminds me of my other favorite pink princess, Hinagiku of Hayate no Gotoku! Who knows, maybe HnG will do a parody of Shugo Chara with Hina portraying Amu. One can wish!

The VA for Amu has a voice quality and performance that really hits the spot; it is so enjoyable to listen to her.

The main flaws of the show are it can degenerate into an “egg of the week” approach and the magical combat can be repetitive. But I guess repetition comes with the genre. Hopefully the creators will add more variety and keep the viewers interested and in suspense.

I notice that Amu called Tadase “ouji-sama (prince)” when Ran nudge her into confessing at the school assembly in the first episode, but he doesn’t go into world domination mode, what gives?

It is funny Amu feels the tartan cape offered to her to be too embarrassing to wear, but she is comfortable with wearing tartan leggings everyday, which I think are just as embarrassing as if not more than the cape.
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 14:00   Link #357
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenTheSweeper View Post
I notice that Amu called Tadase “ouji-sama (prince)” when Ran nudge her into confessing at the school assembly in the first episode, but he doesn’t go into world domination mode, what gives?
At some point (I forget when, it was in one of the first episodes), Tadase admits that he does a character change with Kiseki before all of his speeches because he's too nervous to do it with his normal personality.
Old 2007-12-27, 19:04   Link #358
Seiryuu

Not to mention that he admits to the fact that he automatically turns it over to Kiseki any time a girl confesses to him. Indeed, our brave Prince, when faced with so much as a love letter, cowers in fear behind a pompous midget. Amu can really pick 'em, huh?
Old 2007-12-27, 19:52   Link #359
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

Guess she's just like many girls her age, style over substance? (in relation to her crush on Tadase)

Old 2007-12-28, 17:23   Link #360
zoot

All I can hear when the squeaky Batsu Chara comes on is Invader Zim's GIR.
zoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, magical girl, school life, shoujo