AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-28, 23:32   Link #361
Ash Falls Town

Tadase was a real jerk in episode 11. You don't just tell someone that you like there alternate form. He'd probably be horrified if someone said they liked WorldDomination!Tadase.
He also seems to be the one most removed from there Shugo Chara personality. Yaya and Kukai both act like their Chara's all the time. Ikuto still has a small cute bit like Yoru and Nadeshiko though she isn't ever angry isn't ashamed of her yandere side.(Not to metion that Temari has a definite deredere side as well).
Ikuto was also a jerk in 12 but that didn't seem to annoy me as much since I'm still expecting him to mainly be a jerk (That and not being a jerk would make him a siscon).
Amu in a reindeer costume was awesome though. Especially how Kukai, Yaya and Nadeshiko reacted to it.
Utau can also sing.
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 23:38   Link #362
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, just as a note: the DVD solicititations for the first disc confirm the episode count to be 51 episodes (spread in Japan over 16 DVDs, or 4 season boxsets). So people who were wondering if the pacing indicated that a longer show was being planned -- you were right.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 10:50   Link #363
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, just as a note: the DVD solicititations for the first disc confirm the episode count to be 51 episodes (spread in Japan over 16 DVDs, or 4 season boxsets). So people who were wondering if the pacing indicated that a longer show was being planned -- you were right.
51?! we're not even close then I can't imagine what they're going to do now I had it all mapped out in my head on how it was gonna go but what the hell now it's all ruined
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 11:39   Link #364
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Lots and lots of fillers/"X Egg of the week" type stuff. :\
Old 2007-12-29, 15:07   Link #365
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzles View Post
51?! we're not even close then I can't imagine what they're going to do now I had it all mapped out in my head on how it was gonna go but what the hell now it's all ruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Lots and lots of fillers/"X Egg of the week" type stuff. :\
Haha...no, probably not. I've peeked into some of the future volumes and they have a lot more to deal with than X Eggs.
Old 2007-12-29, 23:58   Link #366
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
At some point (I forget when, it was in one of the first episodes), Tadase admits that he does a character change with Kiseki before all of his speeches because he's too nervous to do it with his normal personality.
I don’t recall him mentioning character changing with Kiseki for speeches, but I do remember him saying he does that for turning down girls. I’ll have to watch the episodes again for what you pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Woohoo! All the speculations and rumors of 51 episodes ended up being true. I was growing weary of the unconfirmed reports.

Hopefully the subbers will stick with this one and not quit or slow down subbing after awhile. Sugar Sugar Rune, another magical girl show that coincidentally ran for 51 episodes, suffered that fate. Anyways, I so far like Shugo Chara after 12 episodes better than Sugar Sugar Rune after 24 episodes, and I find Amu more endearing than Cholat. So I don’t miss Sugar Sugar Rune all that much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Tadase was a real jerk in episode 11. You don't just tell someone that you like there alternate form.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
No, he confessed his love for Amulet Heart to Amu. Amu has potential and desire to become that sort of person, but it's not entirely her. It's sort of like Clark Kent finding out Lois is in love with Superman. It's not quite good enough if he loves the flashy persona and not the real Amu.
I’m looking forward to seeing what the writers are going to do with this situation. I love the tension that will need to be resolved. There many interesting ways to play it.
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 19:28   Link #367
Seiryuu

51, huh? Well then, they may rearrange things a bit, meaning they might make use of some of the more unusual scenes at a more convenient time. I've only skimmed recently, but I don't think we've even seen Ikuto do what I think may be the most despicable thing he's done, the single act that really makes Amu start to half hate him. This scene seems to have a great deal of significance in the relationships, so I can't see it being cut permanently. The dumpty key hasn't even appeared yet, so we may still get some of those great scenes.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 00:48   Link #368
Poemi-chan
Puni Puni Kobayashi

Quote:
Hopefully the subbers will stick with this one and not quit or slow down subbing after awhile. Sugar Sugar Rune, another magical girl show that coincidentally ran for 51 episodes, suffered that fate. Anyways, I so far like Shugo Chara after 12 episodes better than Sugar Sugar Rune after 24 episodes, and I find Amu more endearing than Cholat. So I don’t miss Sugar Sugar Rune all that much
Wow, I'm really into Sugar Sugar Rune (esp Chocolat, cos she's pretty cool. "Butto basu!! ^_^)...it's kinda different from this show, though. I hope this gets better because I can't imagine this show having a lot of episodes. It seems like it would be good as a 13 episode show because the fillers would probably get really boring. I really like Ikuto, especially since Tadase became so disappointing as a love interest (and doesn't he look like Kazune from Kami-chama Karin??). I was trying to draw a male anime/manga character for my own amusement before watching this show, but when I saw the show, Ikuto looked so much like the character I thought up in my head! Same cool hair, same cool aloof look in his eyes...the only difference is that he dresses cooler and wears a shirt!
Old 2007-12-31, 01:03   Link #369
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Tadase was a real jerk in episode 11. You don't just tell someone that you like there alternate form. He'd probably be horrified if someone said they liked WorldDomination!Tadase.
He also seems to be the one most removed from there Shugo Chara personality. Yaya and Kukai both act like their Chara's all the time. Ikuto still has a small cute bit like Yoru and Nadeshiko though she isn't ever angry isn't ashamed of her yandere side.(Not to metion that Temari has a definite deredere side as well).
Ikuto was also a jerk in 12 but that didn't seem to annoy me as much since I'm still expecting him to mainly be a jerk (That and not being a jerk would make him a siscon).
Amu in a reindeer costume was awesome though. Especially how Kukai, Yaya and Nadeshiko reacted to it.
Utau can also sing.
Well at least he was honest and hopefully paving the way for Amu to save Ikuto from the darkness
Old 2007-12-31, 12:09   Link #370
usagijen

I also thought Tadase was a real jerk in episode 11

that was really insensitive of him =__=

Ikuto's much more emo in the anime... I miss the naughty and more fun manga Ikuto... =[

for those who are up for spoilers, I posted something about Chapter 24 in our blog.

and last but not the least, Happy New Year everyone!
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 11:14   Link #371
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

After watching ep 12, Ikuto trying to distance himself with Amu, reminding her that they're enemies. But I don't think he will fight Amu unless he has any other choice. And Ikuto doesn't seems eager doing work for Easter.

I got a feeling Ikuto will gain power from Dumpty key. Then he and Amu can do combo Humpty-Dumpty attack.

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
kucigaromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 13:50   Link #372
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_girl View Post
Song preview for the new opening theme. Sounds great ^__^!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFKA4gqcUR4
Full preview. LQ, but sounds great, and fits this anime very.
http://www.mediafire.com/?fgd1tmwtymg

Correction, this wil be the ending song ><.
Old 2008-01-04, 16:50   Link #373
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

I think that Ikuto realize he has feelings for Amu and afraid to show it
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 16:52   Link #374
FireChick

51 episodes, eh? Cool! But...I don't think I'll be able to catch up. But...I'll try my best. I tried finishing Digimon Savers and Tokyo Mew Mew in japanese but I failed. I'm working with Savers and maybe I'll work with this.

Edit: Wait a minute! If this is gonna be 51 episodes, isn't Satelight working on Macross Frontier right now?

Edit 2: Deleted due to rumor being false

Edit 3: The Cartoon Network rumors were false. Sorry! Me is so stupid! >_< *slaps self in face*

Last edited by FireChick; 2008-01-04 at 17:14.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 02:20   Link #375
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
i'm thinking the manga will have 7 books...thats my guess anyway. I'm not sure how the managa is going and if it would end at 7, but it is the normal count usually from nakayoshi.....

I was guessing it would be more than 26 with the pacing but I was hoping thatw ith Gakuen Alice too. I just hope we won't get some half ass ending...

Cheers for including more ikuto manga goodness...i wonder if they edit this incase the kids parents go 0_0...sucks to them >.>
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 02:41   Link #376
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Searching for the full moon was also about 7 books so that seems about right for a 50 ish episode story.

as rumored there is a new ending. but dont get too excited. I think I could have done a better ending with my horrid flash and after effects skills

looks like they may be introducing some new characters soon.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 07:17   Link #377
FireChick

Wow. I think this is the first ever Peach-Pit series to have 51 episodes. I get the feeling this will get better than Rozen Maiden!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 12:19   Link #378
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Wow. I think this is the first ever Peach-Pit series to have 51 episodes. I get the feeling this will get better than Rozen Maiden!
Unlikely
*RM fanboy*

ep 13 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 13:37   Link #379
Seiryuu

Well, we've seen one of the scenes I've been waiting for. Not quite the way it was in the manga, I get the feeling they're trying to stretch out the Amu X Ikuto thing a bit.
Spoiler for for instance:
I don't think we should blame Ikuto too much for his actions here. I get the feeling Chara-nari isn't enough to redeem an X. Perhaps it requires the lock, perhaps something else, but it's not something Ikuto can do, especially when there's three others, and neither can Amu without a Chara. It's a bit of a stretch, but you might think of it as similar to the nature of the Quincy in Bleach, unable to purify the tortured soul and thus destroying it instead.
Ultimately, whatever Ikuto thinks of his actions, he didn't have much choice here. If he'd just tried to defend himself and the defenseless Amu while waiting an indeterminate amount of time for the Charas to show up, he'd have no chance against the four X Charas. The only way to keep them back was to show a willingness to "kill". Also, we don't know what happens to an X that doesn't get purified. It could be far worse than that.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 19:16   Link #380
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Spoiler for ep 13:
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, magical girl, school life, shoujo