2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 4.02%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 13.79%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-30, 18:03   Link #181
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD View Post
*I went to pee twice during that time and didn't bother to pause cause I knew I wouldn't miss anything important*(Just for the record I don't count how many times a day I pee) lol
That's a pity. Considering how little goes on in an average episode of Shippuuden, that stat could have been recorded as one of the interesting factual incident that occurred during the course of this thread. Oh, how little there is to talk about in a corresponding episode thread. *points to the previous post right above BellaD's*
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 17:48   Link #182
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

People...i'd like to wish you all a happy new year and the best wishes in the near future.
The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Old 2007-12-31, 20:48   Link #183
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

40 was okay, and I liked the buildup, but it was hellah slow. 41 had some good power display, but again, a bit slow. I think it needed more drama to be honest. However, I still enjoyed them overall, despite some minor complaints about filler/whatever. I gave it an 8/10.
Old 2008-01-01, 07:30   Link #184
jamspide

most of shippuden 40-41 is just to much talking i mean sakura is out of the seen to quikly like always i mean the next will have to be gd
jamspide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 11:16   Link #185
Naotaka
Sensei

It's actually really sad how many painfull votes these episode have gotten. I don't think I've ever seen such a high number of painfulls before. Infact if you split this up evenly 1-5 & 6-10 it's roughly a 45% to 55% split. And a 6 is considered alright, nothing great, which by itself has the most votes. Just goes to show you how badly the anime team botched this special. Hope we don't see anything this bad again for 2008.
Naotaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 01:09   Link #186
akatsukimastermind

Hmm.... i think you should all know the truth about this episode. CLICK SPOILER ONLY IF YOU WANT TO REALLY KNOW!
akatsukimastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 16:39   Link #187
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naotaka View Post
It's actually really sad how many painfull votes these episode have gotten. I don't think I've ever seen such a high number of painfulls before. Infact if you split this up evenly 1-5 & 6-10 it's roughly a 45% to 55% split. And a 6 is considered alright, nothing great, which by itself has the most votes. Just goes to show you how badly the anime team botched this special. Hope we don't see anything this bad again for 2008.
Obiously there are more to it, than a bunch of pessimistic angry fanboys 1 scoring everything.
Unreasonable hype and expectations aswell. I havent read the manga, so I dont know if it sucks compared to the source material.

All I know is that, yes... it is somehow dissapointment that there was not more "larger than life drama/action" that is what this show is best at, particularly in the awe of a special and furthermore because of the long waiting for the conclusion.

But a 1/10?

you wanna know what is a 1/10? thats naruto fillers like please mister postman and all that crap.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 16:25   Link #188
Un1234l

This episode sucks. It's so crappy. i gave it a 2/10, but i was thinking it was between 2-4.

And I realized something during the second half of this episode... this episode/show would probably be very good if it's genre was shounen-ai (boy-love)/romance. We all know this is true And here's to quote some of the most homosexual statements used in this episode.

The way he says it sounds homo:
"Sasuke doesn't belong to you!"
"Don't talk about him like he's your toy!"
"Sasuke!... Wait!... Wait!..."

The way he says it + music + sentence itself:
"I don't have the strength to bring Sasuke [my lover] back..."
"Back then... If only I was stronger back then...[you would still be by my side]"
"Sasuke! I won't let Orochimaru have you [you're my lover, not his]!"
"He wouldn't listen to me because I was too weak... He wouldn't acknowledge [look at me] me because I was weaker than him."
"It took me my whole life to form that bond[/relationship]. I can't let it be broken!"
"To protect that bond[/relationship] with Sasuke... [I will do anything!/won't let someone take him away from me!]

Wouldn't that be touching if this was a romance/shounen-ai show? I swear I had that thought, even though I have never liked/watched shounen-ai shows. I am a male who (for some fushigi no reason) watches a lot of (straight) romance shows. So as soon as I heard those lines I immediatly recognized it's meaning.

...What? I'm mistaken? This is just showing how strong his friendship is with Sasuke and how much he cares about him like a brother? ...Read the above statements again please, I dont think you read them properly.

Okay, there might be bias in my post, but yes... I sincerely believe that Naruto from before was one of the best shows ever... Now the new series is garbage, and not just compared to the first one. I read the manga too... in fact, I read it before/during viewing of this episode. And all that homosexual connotation was filler. Why did they include that? Was it neccessary? Why did they make this a shitty one hour special?

Not to be racist, but I think it was animated by a South Korean team (they are relatively new to animation and have a small number of talented and experienced animators working with the animation industry [most are working on the gaming industry]). Pacing was bad. Build-up too (to a much lesser degree though).

One thought that constantly came up in my mind throughout this episode was, "This episode (Or damn series) would be very good if they made it fast paced, well organized, well arranged and animate the action properly (much like episode 24 or 25 [I forgot which one it was])."
Un1234l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 23:38   Link #189
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un1234l View Post
The way he says it + music + sentence itself:
"I don't have the strength to bring Sasuke [my lover] back..."
"Back then... If only I was stronger back then...[you would still be by my side]"
"Sasuke! I won't let Orochimaru have you [you're my lover, not his]!"
"He wouldn't listen to me because I was too weak... He wouldn't acknowledge [look at me] me because I was weaker than him."
"It took me my whole life to form that bond[/relationship]. I can't let it be broken!"
"To protect that bond[/relationship] with Sasuke... [I will do anything!/won't let someone take him away from me!][/I]

Wouldn't that be touching if this was a romance/shounen-ai show? I swear I had that thought, even though I have never liked/watched shounen-ai shows. I am a male who (for some fushigi no reason) watches a lot of (straight) romance shows. So as soon as I heard those lines I immediatly recognized it's meaning.

+ rep added for the laugh!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 03:05   Link #190
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

meh the first part was a waist of time.. and so was the second part until the very end..

As for the fillers on "Sasuke and naruto's intimate relationship" I didn't bother at all. In fact I thought it was a pretty good addition not considering it cruely took some precious time in the end. AAh.. never mind.

Lets just cheer to new year and January 9th.
Old 2008-01-05, 03:38   Link #191
jacky1982

Thanks! That's great!

jacky1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 09:17   Link #192
Naotaka
Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
Obiously there are more to it, than a bunch of pessimistic angry fanboys 1 scoring everything.
Unreasonable hype and expectations aswell. I havent read the manga, so I dont know if it sucks compared to the source material.

All I know is that, yes... it is somehow dissapointment that there was not more "larger than life drama/action" that is what this show is best at, particularly in the awe of a special and furthermore because of the long waiting for the conclusion.

But a 1/10?

you wanna know what is a 1/10? thats naruto fillers like please mister postman and all that crap.
I completly disagree, with the fillers I was not expecting anything good, and the few that were decent was just a bonus. Even when I saw the really crappy fillers, as the one you just gave an example of I knew what I was getting myself into. However here we have a hyped up a fight between, Team 7 & Orochimaru / Kabuto and what happened? Stare, stare, stare, wind blowing, straing continued, focus changes to random trees, straing continued, Naruto "Give Sasuke back" Staring continues, more staring, Kabuto "He came to us on his own." Naruto gets pissed more staring.... Did I miss anything? I mean really wtf!!!! It would of been a fine episode if they didn't make it into an hour special. Just combine both those episodes into 1 and run a regular half hour show. If that was the case I would of gave it an 8. However when I find myself fast forwarding an hour special there is something seriously wrong here, and a painful is well deserved.

If you take the time to look around, you won't find another anime episode poll with such horrid results. It's not cause we're all pricks and thought it would be funny to give it a 1, rather that's what it deserved.
Naotaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 09:59   Link #193
Petbe
Wingless Angel

My biggest concern was this. You know the jacket that was on the ground from the disguise, why did that not even move an inch during all that wind!?

But ya, so wanting to see if 42 was worth the wait. At first glance of the preview, I became worried, but shall see.
Old 2008-01-05, 14:00   Link #194
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petbe View Post
My biggest concern was this. You know the jacket that was on the ground from the disguise, why did that not even move an inch during all that wind!?
LULZ.. for the exact same reason Naruto took 45 minutes to transform = no particularly good reasons.
Old 2008-01-06, 00:41   Link #195
Flaming Rasengan
NarutoCard

I think you guys are overreacting. The 1 hour special wasn't that bad. Actually, I found it pretty good. Although, I do have to agree about the animation quality; that it sucked. However, the wind blowing because of Naruto's power, the transformation, and Naruto's wind ball at Kabuto, was pretty cool. I gave this episode a 7/10. I know many of you would, obviously disagree (judging from past posts), but since i never read the manga, I don't know how it compares to the anime. Sooooo......ya. I do have high hopes for episode 42. Judging from the preview of episode 42, I think that it's going to be a promising episode with good, long fight scenes (like episode 131-133 of first series).
Flaming Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 02:41   Link #196
Jekido
Try me.

I liked the special at least the 4 tails came into the anime finaly and Orochimaru is back, but still the 1 hour special is realy just building up excitement for the then episode: Naruto vs. Orochimaru.
Jekido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 14:17   Link #197
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

They've had a long while to do the upcoming episode, I am expecting the best (Naru/Sasu, Saso/ChiyoSaku, Lee/Gaa). If I'm not blown out of my chair, into my car, onto a plane, all the way to Japan, and kissing the animating team... I'll be disappointed.
Seraphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 08:17   Link #198
Petbe
Wingless Angel

I want to know, and honestly need an answer. Why is it that naruto, among other animes, do not work their hour long specials correctly. This is how it should go. Half hour episode is a lead in to the fight. Than the hour long special is the fight. While the way it has been done lately, with many other animes, the hour long special is a lead in for a half hour fight. Which usually does take more than one episode to finish.

So why can't the hour long specials be actually special and fighting and not just a lead in.

It makes me a sad panda
Old 2008-01-08, 14:58   Link #199
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphis View Post
If I'm not blown out of my chair, into my car, onto a plane, all the way to Japan, and kissing the animating team... I'll be disappointed.
Sweet. I lol'd at that.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 16:04   Link #200
Flaming Rasengan
NarutoCard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petbe View Post
I want to know, and honestly need an answer. Why is it that naruto, among other animes, do not work their hour long specials correctly. This is how it should go. Half hour episode is a lead in to the fight. Than the hour long special is the fight. While the way it has been done lately, with many other animes, the hour long special is a lead in for a half hour fight. Which usually does take more than one episode to finish.

So why can't the hour long specials be actually special and fighting and not just a lead in.

It makes me a sad panda
Maybe its because the anime is catching up to its manga. That is most likely the answer. When an anime is catching up to it's manga, they start putting in filler scenes to slow it down a bit. This has happened with previous episodes of Naruto quite a bit. So I think it's safe to assume that's probably what happened with the latest episode.
Flaming Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote