Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-12-30, 19:10   Link #361
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejazz87 View Post
It's been about thirteen days since that girl I was interested in asked me to be her friend on Facebook. In that time span I've tried to make contact with her twice. Once at around the 14th and the second time I did it on Christmas Eve. I sent her an ecard with a very short message basically wishing her happy holidays. Still, nothing. No responses, nothing at all. I'm guessing she might be on vacation and/or doesn't check her Facebook and email. It's really kind of dejecting. I'm starting to think that maybe that one gesture I saw her do in the hallway of our class building that time was just a small sample of how she really saw the situation as. This whole issue seems to be bothering me. I just wish that she would say something. Anything. I think I deserve at least that right? I've been quite patient...just for the possibility of trying to be her friend, and still nothing. I really just don't understand women sometimes.

EDIT: Wait nevermind, she's updated her Facebook quite recently. Like several hours ago. She just hasn't responded...and I'm still left to wonder why.

Quite unfortunate...I'm really starting to feel the heartache...
don't be so needy and whiny, man up and ask her out face to face, this is what men who get laid do
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 20:54   Link #362
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejazz87 View Post
I'm going to stop for now. I've decided. I personally wouldn't have ignored someone though. I think that's just rude in my opinion. I mean, I would have at least said "Hi" back.
You've got to remember that people have no obligation to be polite to you. What would you have thought if she had kindly replied to you out of courtesy? You could have taken it as a good sign, even though she had no real interest. So to prevent you from getting any ideas, the most logical thing for a disinterested person to do would be to ignore you. I am saying this hypothetically of course, but I've seen this happen often before.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 22:40   Link #363
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

I disagree, Fome. Its polite to atleast reply so they know you're not interested. Not replying can lead to people getting anxiety, always thinking about it, worrying about it, possibly going emo, and more. The best thing is to let them down softly, and say "Sorry, but I don't want to date you."

As for me, I'm so happy~
Tonight, my ex and I were at a semi-formal dance for 5 hours. At the end, I asked her to be my gf again, and she said yes Also, was going to kill this guy that tried to peep down her shirt...good thing I have good self control...
Old 2007-12-31, 06:56   Link #364
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarugaki View Post
don't be so needy and whiny, man up and ask her out face to face, this is what men who get laid do
I'm trying to get to know the person first. If I were to do what you're advocating she's going to say no.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 06:57   Link #365
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
You've got to remember that people have no obligation to be polite to you. What would you have thought if she had kindly replied to you out of courtesy? You could have taken it as a good sign, even though she had no real interest. So to prevent you from getting any ideas, the most logical thing for a disinterested person to do would be to ignore you. I am saying this hypothetically of course, but I've seen this happen often before.
I don't know. I disagree. I've had a couple of girls that were feelin me before but I wasn't interested. I still talked to them though and pretty much told them how I felt about them when the time came. I just wouldn't want to put someone through the ordeal that I'm going through now, because I obviously know how it feels.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 12:43   Link #366
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
You are desperate. If you get paranoid about something that small, you aren't ready pursue a romantic relationship. I know it's hard, but I want you to try this with all your might: let go. There are other fish in the sea.
I wouldn't really say I was paranoid, I just didn't know any better. I've never been on MySpace before, and I've never had a girlfriend before, so this whole thing is fairly new to me.

And I already figured out that she's not avoiding me. I've seen her put up an away message without going idle even when I'm not online.

Last edited by Darkman.exe213; 2007-12-31 at 14:25.
Darkman.exe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 23:13   Link #367
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
I looked at my crush's MySpace out of curiosity, and well...she posted a picture of her with a friend of mine from my church.(he's a guy btw) It's my friend, but I don't want to think he's going out with my crush. Does a picture on MySpace usually imply anything?

The good news? Perhaps she isn't avoiding me. She put up an away message but didn't go idle yesterday, even when I never said anything to her.

And I won't ever tell a girl I can only think about alone time with her in a bed.
Quote:
I wouldn't really say I was paranoid, I just didn't know any better. I've never been on MySpace before, and I've never had a girlfriend before, so this whole thing is fairly new to me.

And I already figured out that she's not avoiding me. I've seen her put up an away message without going idle even when I'm not online.
Gotta be honest -- you're creeping me out here. Just a little bit.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 22:53   Link #368
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

I don't blame you. Honestly, though, I'm not taking this as seriously as I really make it seem. That and I'm just a moron.
Old 2008-01-02, 00:52   Link #369
Fome

Quote:
I don't blame you. Honestly, though, I'm not taking this as seriously as I really make it seem. That and I'm just a moron.
Well that's good to hear. To me, taking it easy is the best way to go about things, in love and life in general.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 14:37   Link #370
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:

Dude, not to offend you, but to make you aware. You're leaning toward the stalker side.
Old 2008-01-06, 17:57   Link #371
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
Dude, not to offend you, but to make you aware. You're leaning toward the stalker side.
I stopped to think about that, and I thought "wow, I'm a loser." I'm more laid back and not so paranoid now.

I want to invite the girl I like out to a movie or something as a friend, but I don't know if she's going to feel weirded out or anything. I've always been told to avoid asking a girl out to a movie, but I never really got the reason for that... D: *is still a complete moron about dating*
Old 2008-01-06, 19:52   Link #372
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Well, a movie's kind of boring (from a dating perspective).

What is a movie, after all? You... sit there for two hours in (possibly awkward) silence. I suppose it would be good if you were a very uninteresting person -- or if you were planning on making out in the theater, which is a HUGE presumption on your part.

Go somewhere you two can actually converse and stuff.

raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 20:13   Link #373
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

If you're not very confident or new to the dating scene, IMO a movie a good first date choice. Of course you don't stop at the movie, that's really only part of the deal. Make sure you go get a cup of coffee or something after.

The benefits of doing this are that the two of you have a starting point to converse. If you are not very confident, it helps to have a mutually interesting subject to kind of springboard the conversation.
Old 2008-01-06, 21:08   Link #374
Kristen
*Author

Never just take a girl to a movie. Movies are fun, but not a chance to talk. And don't try to make a move that first movie. I like dinners after. Guy pays.
Old 2008-01-06, 21:33   Link #375
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Thanks for the help so far, guys. I was thinking more along the lines of lunch BEFORE the movie. Would that work?
Old 2008-01-06, 21:54   Link #376
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
I think after the movie would be better. If you go out for lunch before the movie, there may be possible moments of silence when neither person can think of a conversation. On the other hand, going out afterwards gives you both something to talk about--the movie. Use that to springboard a lively conversation.
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 05:11   Link #377
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:

*cough*cough*

sorry to burst your bubble dude, but these two words should never be put in the same paragraph.

myspace will NEVER be the place to find your FIRST girlfriend. trust me, you'll hurt a LOT. given the reputation of myspace(in terms of relationship building, that is), i can safely say that most people will agree to what i said.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 06:25   Link #378
Densha
Inside a train

anybody from asia?
Densha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 20:47   Link #379
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
*cough*cough*

sorry to burst your bubble dude, but these two words should never be put in the same paragraph.

myspace will NEVER be the place to find your FIRST girlfriend. trust me, you'll hurt a LOT. given the reputation of myspace(in terms of relationship building, that is), i can safely say that most people will agree to what i said.
You got the wrong idea. I've known this person in real life for a while now. It's just that I rarely see her.(NO, I didn NOT meet her on MySpace)

Last edited by Darkman.exe213; 2008-01-07 at 20:58.
Darkman.exe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 22:40   Link #380
Satomi87
Banned

I'm a girl who had a boyfriend and a girlfriend.I currently dating with my girlfriend and I afraid my boyfriend will find out about my girlfriend.What I'm going to do to prevent it from happen?
Satomi87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom