2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-08, 11:33   Link #121
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
ok you got the maid excuse cover, what was the excuse for a gundam in an elevator?
Your usual excuse; CB infiltrated the workforce that sends the packages into space.

Part of what makes Space elevators more viable than Rockets in sending materials into space, is that you can send a large quantity of goods into Space very quickly, cheaply, and constantly. There would be so many freight crates being shipped every hour, that there isn't enough time to open each and every one for examination more than once. Money would be wasted if people working up in the Rings are being paid by the hour, yet can't start work because the boxes of building materials were delayed.

According to the show, the Gundam was packaged and sealed with official labels as construction goods. It probably was already "examined" by a mole of CB and given the all-clear.

Look at it this way; CB has been around for 200 years, long before the Elevators were built. It would be easy to infiltrate their personnel into the workforce and even through to management positions by now. They must have needed secret access to to Elevators because CB have their own Space-Station to maintain.
Old 2008-01-08, 11:34   Link #122
ipernorris

Oh BTW... who hired the mercenaries guys to start a civil war within Azadistan? I have a strong suspiciousness about the Union. Why? Well they wished to create the situation to let them enter the country and capture one or more Gundams because Celestial Beings would definetely intervene in a situation like that.
Am I wrong?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 11:35   Link #123
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Oh BTW... who hired the mercenaries guys to start a civil war within Azadistan? I have a strong suspiciousness about the Union. Why? Well they wished to create the situation to let them enter the country and capture one or more Gundams because Celestial Beings would definetely intervene in a situation like that.
Am I wrong?
Not likely, CB was going to appear there sooner or later.

The only people who REALLY benefit from war is the Mercenaries themselves. Thus thay are the prime-suspects.
Old 2008-01-08, 11:49   Link #124
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Not likely, CB was going to appear there sooner or later.

The only people who REALLY benefit from war is the Mercenaries themselves. Thus thay are the prime-suspects.
Are you saying the mercenaries hired themselves?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 11:53   Link #125
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Ali Al Sarshes. . . he used to be a muslim extremist and how he's a hard drinking/hard living mercenary? Anyone find it strange? We know he convinced Setsuna to go on that Jihad years ago. If he's Muslim why does he drink alcohol so heavilly? It seems like he is chugging liquor whenever we see him.

If he is just a regular merc how did he get access to his Enact? It seems too unusually advanced to be in the hands of a simple merc. Not evern the E.U. ace seems to have something like that.

Last edited by mechalord; 2008-01-08 at 12:30.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 12:09   Link #126
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Ali Al Sarshes. . . he used to be a muslim extremist and how he's a hard drinking/hard living mercenary? Anyone find it strange? We know he convinced Setsuna to go on that Jihad years ago. If he's Mulim why does he drink alcohol so heavilly? It seems like he is chugging liquor whenever we see him.
If you can confirm that's alcohol, of course.

Looking at him now and back then, my very first impression of him was that he might actually be a man of opportunity rather than an extremist. It was probably more of a masquerade than anything, unless we get a side story telling us what happened to him IF he was indeed one of the Godsent.

And I certainly didn't say anything about an "excuse for the elevator". All I did was try to explain how and why the maid could enter.

I'm still somewhat puzzled about the mercenary explanation, VCV. It is evident that they will benefit the most from these conflicts, but the issue is who really hired them, or did they simply made themselves available to whichever faction that benefited the most, e.g. The HRL or the other nations in which the destruction of the Azadistan political system would grant them some benefits, or something like that.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 12:37   Link #127
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Are you saying the mercenaries hired themselves?
He's saying the mercs were trying to create a market for themselves.

Ali's specialty it seems is to incite war.

Also it seems he was also involved with the terror group that CB just trashed, who bombing all over the world.

PMC Trust could also be suspect because a mideast war would create an arms market.

We're talking about people here that make a livelihood out of war.

CB are drying out their markets with their interventions.

Ali is a manipulative bastard as shown in Setsuna's childhood.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 13:20   Link #128
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurumin View Post
New Gundam Pilots Revealed!

Source: http://celestialbeing.net/

New pilots for Gundam Thrine Eins, Zwei, and Drei and the color of the new Gundams confirmed by Newtype magazine.

The names of the pilots of Gundam Throne and their voice-actors:
- Thrones Eins - Yohan Trinity / Katsuyuki Konishi (guy on top)
- Thrones Zwei - Mihaeru Trinity / Daisuke Namikawa (guy in the middle)
- Thrones Drei - Neena Trinity / Rie Kugimiya (girl on bottom)

Pictures are also in the news post.
So is this real or should i take it with a giant grain of internet salt
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 13:38   Link #129
Terra

It's real. Go to the news topic for discussion on it. All the pics and info is in there about 2-3 pages from the end of the topic.
Old 2008-01-08, 14:03   Link #130
Slayerx

Quote:
Ali Al Sarshes. . . he used to be a muslim extremist and how he's a hard drinking/hard living mercenary? Anyone find it strange? We know he convinced Setsuna to go on that Jihad years ago. If he's Muslim why does he drink alcohol so heavilly? It seems like he is chugging liquor whenever we see him.
Well we still have to look into his background as to what happened to him between when he was training setsuna, and now that he's a merc. It could very well be that between then and now he simiply lost all faith it what he was doing back then, though instead of just rolling over and dying and he chose to move on and live... we don't know nearly enough about his past to say whether or not his character makes sense... hell it could be that he never actually beleived in any of the stuff he was fighting for back then; fighting as a merc and not as an extremist
Quote:
If he is just a regular merc how did he get access to his Enact? It seems too unusually advanced to be in the hands of a simple merc. Not evern the E.U. ace seems to have something like that.
i'd have to rewatch the episode but i think Graham mentioned that the enact that Ali used was stolen from that big battle against Celestrial Being we saw awhile back... More then likely, i would say that the they loaned him the Enact so that he could fight CB but then he didn't return it after they lost the battle

And aside from that joke that calls himself an Ace, their are no other known ace pilots on the side that owns the enacts... i would say Ali's Enact is probably about as good as Graham's Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuniiChan View Post
I'm wondering if Marina was 16 and Setsuna was 24, would people not be as troubled about this? I seriously don't see a diff if the roles were reversed.
I think it all has to do what we consider "normal" in a relationship... because of ideas of Masculine and feminine, many times in a relationship we expect the male to be bigger, stronger, older and so forth than the female; though this seems to be limited mostly to appearance since when it comes to stuff like intellegence i don't think anyone has a predisposition to who should be smarter (though i think the common trope is for females to be smarter)... that whole idea of hero saves the damsel in distress and what not. Also, a common theme for girls, particularly teenagers is swoon over guys that are either their age or older (how many girls go though that phase where they swoon over an older celebrity) the school girl crush so to speak... Guys might go through a similar phase, but when it comes to girlfriends they tend to go stick to their age or younger

Also, i think common thinking, atleast as you see in anime, is that teenage girls are considered cute while teenage boys are considered immature. As such, and older guy being paired up with a cute girl feels more believable then an older woman paired up with an immature guy; for some people it just feels rather off...

So ya, i think that's why people tend to have more trouble believing in "Older woman X Younger guy" and tend to like "Older guy X younger girl"

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-01-08 at 14:24.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 14:45   Link #131
zeth06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I don't see a problem with the age difference. I don't think it will full on romance between them anyway, it will be more like a special bond.
Sounds about right.
zeth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 14:46   Link #132
zeth06

Quote:

Ummm, that's what Setsuna wonders to. He asks him, "Where is your god?"
zeth06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 16:56   Link #133
Morgun

Quote:
ok you got the maid excuse cover, what was the excuse for a gundam in an elevator?
Come on man, isn't it obvious? CB is a 200 year old secret worldwide organization involving thousands, if not tens of thousands, of employees including top researchers in their fields engaged in a global conspiracy to end all wars. They not only managed to leap ahead of the rest of the world in technology, but acquired the manufacturing ability to create a battleship and advanced mobile suits, all while being completely undetected or even suspected of existing at all by every intelligence agency on earth for the last 2 centuries. What's not believable about that?
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 19:43   Link #134
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I think it's interesting that we finally have a masked-man in this incarnation and he's a supped up Gordon Lui serving an ambigous moe type...Well you don't put a mask on a character in a Gundam show and not have it mean something..That kinda kills Graham's masked potential ...I hope Honk Kong Pheuy can pilot a MS...
Old 2008-01-08, 21:46   Link #135
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Wasn't the Enact he got a gift from AEU when he first fought for Moralia? Or was it Taribia? @.@;;

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 00:13   Link #136
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
What's the excuse for drugs getting through the post today? :P

Granted it's a fairly large load, but I'm sure they'd be sending alot of heavy equipment up those elevators anyway.
Old 2008-01-09, 00:21   Link #137
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeth06 View Post
Ummm, that's what Setsuna wonders to. He asks him, "Where is your god?"
It should say ' Where is your 'Allah'?' now probably all americans are banned to say the word 'allah' except for muslims only. Achohols are not allowed for muslims. I hope that Setsuna will FACE-OFF against Ali again in the future episodes, You know what i mean?

Got to watch episode 14 this week because in the preview Patrick Colasar will be the most wacky character in gundam 00 since Jeremiah Gottwald.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 00:26   Link #138
Stretch5920

I hope the Setsuna x Ali fight comes down to a knife fight.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 01:24   Link #139
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
He could just be someone that used religion as a propagenda tool without believing one word of it or he changed in his believe.

Quote:
The enact was given to him by PMC (who got it via the AEU cf ep06).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
i'd have to rewatch the episode but i think Graham mentioned that the enact that Ali used was stolen from that big battle against Celestrial Being we saw awhile back... More then likely, i would say that the they loaned him the Enact so that he could fight CB but then he didn't return it after they lost the battle
It could just be a way for PMC to deny any link to Ali.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 01:30   Link #140
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
It should say ' Where is your 'Allah'?' now probably all americans are banned to say the word 'allah' except for muslims only. Achohols are not allowed for muslims. I hope that Setsuna will FACE-OFF against Ali again in the future episodes, You know what i mean?
Allah and God is interchangeable as far as translations are concerned, as it means "The Sole Diety" in arabic. It's NOT a name.

In fact, when an Arab talk about the Christian God, the word Allah is used too, because there is no alternative they could use. (Unlike the Christian/Jewish God Yahweh, the Muslim God is completely nameless.)

When translating the word Allah to Japanese/English, God is the correct word. Otherwise it isn't a translation at all.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2008-01-09 at 01:44.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote