AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-01-10, 17:32   Link #1001
Calfuray

I agree with the answers above. How could this manga end like that? You should also remember that this is a shoujo. If you read a review they'd be featured as the main couple. People would say "Oh, it's just another love story." (Although we know it's more than 'just' that ^^)
On every wallpaper, picture, even on the covers of (almost) every volume you see Takahashi and Yano together. Yuuki Obata has drawn these pages, and I believe it means something. You know.... It's not about how she lost her one and only love, but the hardships she had to face so that she can be with him. The fact that she hasn't forgotten him appeals to the reader. It makes us believe that someday, they'll meet again. A happy ending, and that's how it's supposed to be! (How dramatic XD)
Calfuray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 20:18   Link #1002
Sukidesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowse123 View Post
waahh!! sukidesu take the words out of my brain ^^ i totaly love your post ^^ esp the part w/ the issue about nana and take havng to do it..
well like you said i was also annoyed w/ nanami being obsessed bout a dead gf, but in a way i understand her feeling that yano is just using her as a cover up.. but what i don't get is she is soo freak out whenever nanami (dead) is mentioned..

BTW what would you guys do if and only IF take ends up w/ nanami and yano w/ yuri? it just somewhat hit my head... how would you feel?
Well Yano is in a confusion state. He haven't get a clear answer to why Nana-san was in the car that day. He still blames himself that it was his fault for her death. He's mad that she was in her ex-bf's car. Yano is a confusing guy. When a guy is at his confusion stage, a girl shouldn't be pressuring him too much. She will only get hurt if he said something out of his mind. Yano already told her that she's very special to him and that he's trying very hard to keep their relationship work. If Nanami is able to believe in him, their relationship would not be a problem at all...But hahah this is a drama, so to keep the story moving on, there bounds to be misunderstanding.

If Nana and Take slept together, the chance of Yano and Nana ending up together is near to nothing. Why would Nana give her body to a man she doesn't love? Remember she rejected his proposal? I think in a way she rejected Take's proposal because she has found Yano though she's not ready to meet him. I don't know if Yano wants her back though. He love her a lot but he seems to be happy that she's with Take. He said it was just as he wish by the summary I read from someone....Yano's always contradict himself though, cuz in his office, he has a picture of Nanami. muahhahaaa

xCrystalx: yup, I love how Yano said "...let's make my past pale in comparison to our present". That's how hard he tries to make. He's like the only one working on the relationship but Nana keeps turning that down by bringing up his past. It's fine if you want to know about his past, but she's pressuring him. She said if you don't tell me, I'll give up on you. WTF? What do she wants to know though? Like Yano said, he met her during his second year of middle school, they date, and she died during the summer. lol Well, if she wants to know how he feel? Well he loved Nana-san. It was his first love and he deeply love her. It was a sudden death and a shock, it's like everything add up together and he's confuse.

He has a funny way of telling her his answer. He's unique. He has some of the most classic line asking his gf for a movie date. hahaha

Yano's not a liar either but he just doesn't want to speak about his past. He wouldn't want to shout it out that he slept with Yuri. That's why is kind of hard for him to say, we slept together to Nana-chan. If it's so easy for him to speak, that means he's just a jerk. But it takes courage and he knows it will make Nana-chan cry. He's suppressing his past to make his new love happy.

I do understand Nana's position but for most part, she just get on my nerve. lol Like that time when he was at the hospital with Yuri. This wasn't the first time he's concern about Yuri. He's concern about her even before he dated Nanami. He's pretty persistent. lol Nana's friend is right when she said Nana is selfish because it's not like Yano lied to her or anything. Well, Nana has always been jealous even before she dated Yano. Yano has always been a kind guy. keke

I hate people who falls in love with their friend's gf or bf. That's one thing that friends should never cross. It's just as gross as Yano sleeping with his dead gf's sister. Yuri is just as gross for not rejecting Yano cuz she knows she wants him. She took advantage when he was at his weakest and he.....he never give us an answer why he slept with her. lol I don't believe what he said, that he never regretted what he had done. I think he regret it a lot and he screw up.

A lot of people really hate Yano lol like calling him all sort of name, cuz I watch the anime at crunchyroll.

Last edited by Sukidesu; 2008-01-10 at 20:19. Reason: correcting
Sukidesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 02:20   Link #1003
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
It's a fact that the death of his first love was a shock for him, something too hard for him to overcome but bot because he was so much deeply in love with her but mostly because she died in a car accident with her ex bf when she and Yano had a fight only, and they hadn't broken up. Yano was left all alone suddenly learning that she died in a car accident with his ex and what hurt him the most is that he didn't have the chance to clean out things with Nana-san. That's what bothers him the most and cannot so easikly overcome this fact in his life. That he has some answers that cannot be answered. Also i think that he feels a little guilty about that himself because they had fought although I doubt nana'san's true and sincere feelings about Yano. But I strongly beieve that Yano has these kind of feelings towards his ex not because she was his first love but because she died without letting Yano get the answers he wanted... It would be terrible to only have fought and not broke up and you learn that your gf died with her ex in a car accident...
Old 2008-01-11, 03:01   Link #1004
Calfuray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
It's a fact that the death of his first love was a shock for him, something too hard for him to overcome but bot because he was so much deeply in love with her but mostly because she died in a car accident with her ex bf when she and Yano had a fight only, and they hadn't broken up. Yano was left all alone suddenly learning that she died in a car accident with his ex and what hurt him the most is that he didn't have the chance to clean out things with Nana-san. That's what bothers him the most and cannot so easikly overcome this fact in his life. That he has some answers that cannot be answered. Also i think that he feels a little guilty about that himself because they had fought although I doubt nana'san's true and sincere feelings about Yano. But I strongly beieve that Yano has these kind of feelings towards his ex not because she was his first love but because she died without letting Yano get the answers he wanted... It would be terrible to only have fought and not broke up and you learn that your gf died with her ex in a car accident...
Yeah it most definitely would... Come to think of it. Isn't that kind of what Takahashi goes through right now? I mean the fact that she can't get in contact with him at all is almost the same as him being dead (That's what Take said too "Not being able to meet the person. It's no different from him being dead."), but she still can't let him go 'cause she doesn't have any answers.
It's tearing her up inside, although this time we can see her thoughts. (Which we couldn't with Yano, but I bet it was the same for him... If not worse.) And the person in Takahashi's place would now be Takeuchi, right? He tries to understand, but doubts her everytime she speaks of Yano. That was the exact same problem between Yano and Takahashi back then.

Uhh, how I love this thread! This is getting more and more exciting, especially with a second season coming up!
Calfuray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 07:39   Link #1005
xCrystalx

Sukidesu Ah! speaking of that movie (which they happened to watch TWICE btw)... they HAS to be a meaning to it.. The story of the movie reflects theirs really well and i think that's what this manga is about. Inorder to be together, they go through so many hardships but in the end they're are finally happy! That's how it's going to end. I'm positive. Why else would they stress on the movie alot!

And yes I agree with what you said about Yano suppressing his past to make his new love happy. And the reason why he doesnt want to see her now is probably because he has come to his own conclusion that he cannot make her happy, only tends to hurt her and therefore doesnt deserve her. So, he's keeping his distance to help her move on.

I saw the comments in crunchyroll and OMG they are CRUEL! how can they say all that. It's just so wrong. Just because they dont understand him and the situation he's in doesn't mean he's a jerk! It pains me to read those comments. Those kinds of people are the ones who watch animes hastily so they finish it off and move on to another without even taking the time to understand the characters and message the anime is trying to convey. Bokura ga ita is basically trying to show us the strength of love and Yuki is putting both Nana and Yano through so much just so she could make us understand that love conquers all. And people like the ones in crunchyroll dont seem to understand that *sigh* oh well.. their loss right? After all, Yano doesnt need anymore love from anyone else. He's got enough of that from Nana and us LOL!

About Yuri, i dont like her AT ALL as i've mentioned before. I feel she took advantage of Yano when her mom got sick by taking the chance to confess to him. At times like that, when your mother who just had a stroke is lying on a hospital bed unconcious, WHO WOULD THINK ABOUT LOVE!?!?! It's sickening. She's even ready to leave her mother (who is really sick) to go after Yano in Tokyo even after her mom asked her not to leave her alone!?!?!? That's pretty heartless! Ok I admit it, it proves how much she loves him but she knows he doesnt love her back that way. And another thing, what did she expect when she confessed to him? That he'd leaver Nana for her?? And Sukidesu he DID regret sleeping with her. He said it was the worst thing he could have ever done and he wasnt going to repeat it.

And as usual Amalia I agree with every word you say. Must be very painful hearing about someone's death suddenly, especially after you had a huge fight and slapped her straight on the face! Poor Yano
Old 2008-01-11, 19:17   Link #1006
Sukidesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
I think there might be a bit difference between Nana and Take there. I don't think Take will be pressuring Nana like Nana did for Yano.

xCrystalx: I don't like that fact about Yuri too. She's quite selfish and she's the ruin of Nana-san and Yano's relationship. It's because she didn't passed Yano's message. Why would you chase after a guy who has no feeling for you and leaving your sick mother alone? I guess she think as long as she chased after him, he will give in. That's what I called a thick girl. She's so thick.

Well, I'm anticipating for the ending. If the last volume is out, someone should just spoil it out. hahah Can't wait for the ending.
Sukidesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 07:37   Link #1007
xCrystalx

Yup! Yuri will be Yuri!

OK guys! Take me seriously this time and watch the opening song of BGI.. at the last scene where Nana's crying.. when the lyrics are "Despite your uncute tearful face and shortness I still love you"... She's crying and Yano moves forward to let her cry on his chest... IT IS IN TOKYO!!! Just look at all those buildings in the background... It's a city & her hair is longer, they look older... I'm sure it's Tokyo... I hope that's their reunion
Old 2008-01-12, 09:58   Link #1008
Amalia

I hope you're right about this one. I have seen the scene but if that is what's going on then that means that they have plans for a second season, and that Yuki Obata had informed them about what was going to happen in the next chapters that she hadn't yet drawn...
Old 2008-01-13, 01:25   Link #1009
cutecouplesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCrystalx View Post

OK guys! Take me seriously this time and watch the opening song of BGI.. at the last scene where Nana's crying.. when the lyrics are "Despite your uncute tearful face and shortness I still love you"... She's crying and Yano moves forward to let her cry on his chest... IT IS IN TOKYO!!! Just look at all those buildings in the background... It's a city & her hair is longer, they look older... I'm sure it's Tokyo... I hope that's their reunion
after i read your post I quickly went to youtube and looked for the song and your right!! there are many buildings surrounding them....I almost cried after watching the song (what more if i watch the series again) and I memorized the English translation of the song...I really felt the emotion of the song while I was singing the english translation
cutecouplesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 07:33   Link #1010
prowse123

Location: The place where everyone is born... The edge of the Universe
Quote:
Yup! Yuri will be Yuri!

waahh! omg i haven't notice it too.... but you're right her hairsty;e is quite different in there.. and it's definitely tokyo bcoz there's no place like that in their place...
dang i wish the finished up soon.. i wanna see nana and yano end up together... i really would probably and watch finished the whole anime and manga in one day ^^ again
Old 2008-01-13, 08:41   Link #1011
Amalia

That would make two of us... A BGI marathon
Old 2008-01-13, 13:49   Link #1012
sugoi_ninja

Quote:
Yup! Yuri will be Yuri!

hello everyone it feels like I haven't been on here for ages. Anyway yes it does seem like they are in Tokyo and I want to believe that it is But when Nanami is older isn't her hair a little curly at the bottom. In that scene her hair is not curly though.
sugoi_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 08:17   Link #1013
Amalia

Well that's why we have the beauty shops...Girls tend to change our hair style the whole time. I hope that Nana is one of us on that section
Old 2008-01-14, 08:30   Link #1014
prowse123

aww... i don't want to rewatch the anime until it's finished coz my heart can bear the pressure...
also maybe sumting happen to nana's hair b4 they see each other in tokyo..
waaa!! i want to see them fall in each others arms again T_T
Old 2008-01-14, 11:57   Link #1015
Trisha
Kaname-sama

Hello guys!! I really do hope that it is Yano and Nana's reunion >_< I miss watching BGI!! I feel the same as you do prose123 ^^
Trisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 01:00   Link #1016
sugoi_ninja

I just hope that the Manga finishes soon and lets Yano and Nanami get back together.
Question, when did you start to hate or like Yuri? because honestly I never hated her until she bad mouthed Nanami and told yano if he wanted her to comfort him again that is when I started disliking her. But yeah please do tell when you started hating or liking Yuri.
Old 2008-01-16, 17:56   Link #1017
prowse123

well i really didn't hate yuri.. but i dislike her.. it started when she started chasing yano.. also did you guys notice that when yuri 1st appeared she look like yuki nagato from the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi?
Old 2008-01-16, 18:45   Link #1018
sugoi_ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowse123 View Post
well i really didn't hate yuri.. but i dislike her.. it started when she started chasing yano.. also did you guys notice that when yuri 1st appeared she look like yuki nagato from the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi?
haha now that I think of it she does. I can't wait for the second season of Haruhi.
Old 2008-01-17, 16:11   Link #1019
Amalia

Well at first I thought "Oh well here's our freak of the show" I didn't hate het in the beginning, in fact she annoyed me... The way she didn't talk or even more when Nana said to her "Friends?" and she answered "Baka?" I thought "OMG what an obnoxious girl...She's so annoying! " and I started having bad thoughts about her...
I really didn't understand when this annoyance of mine became hatred. I think it was when I finally realized that this something that she always wanted was Yano... I hated her when I saw that she, in fact, let only Yano touch her and that when Nana and Yano tried to come closer her name or her annoying figure popped in... And I hate those miserable, silent people who wants us to undertand that they are way to dpressed and they, also, want us to stay back and get what they want because they are like this. Yuri is that kind of person and this is why I hate her. Because she represents that kind of people for me.... So I guess that I started hating her since episode 3...or maybe sooner.

Well yeah my annoyance Yuri period was too short. Hatred came too soon for me.... lol
Old 2008-01-18, 10:43   Link #1020
Tofus

Chapter 10, Volume 36 has been released guys by Jshojo! <3 BGI

http://jshojo.atspace.com/
Tofus is offline   Reply With Quote