AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-14, 04:56   Link #161
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

I was really asking where are they in the show but never mind, I see them now. I agree they probably don't have any real significance. Maybe Ayanagi City is just a very environmentally friendly place?
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 07:57   Link #162
EarlyBlake
N L A M

Wind mills turn up in a lot of anime. Maybe there are a lot of windmills in Japan.
EarlyBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 08:37   Link #163
sumitsukihime

persona is the best in Jan . not 1 of
sumitsukihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 08:52   Link #164
echo1590
Echo GFX

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is after NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
echo1590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:25   Link #165
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Hmm. Consider me hooked on this series now that I've actually seen the first ep.

Regarding Strega, the pills, and everyone having Personas...

Spoiler:

What's the deal with Igor telling Shin that they met in the Velvet Room a long time ago? There better be a contract for Shin to sign! Is he related to Minato, or something?
Old 2008-01-14, 14:15   Link #166
rpgkiller999

Sigh, the moment I thought megumi will become a commade of Shin brothers they put her in coma. What a let down. =(

And isn't only a selected few can visit velvet room and see Igor? Wonder what's so special about Shin.
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 15:54   Link #167
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

i didnt like the 1st episode but the 2nd episode is very good, awesome cliffhanger at the end
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 17:20   Link #168
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Ep2 is pretty weak in terms of plot and char development.
Spoiler for ep 2:
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 17:26   Link #169
Jesus Christnekoff

This might be considered spoilers? I don't know, its all speculation based on previous games, so...

Quote:
What's the deal with Igor telling Shin that they met in the Velvet Room a long time ago? There better be a contract for Shin to sign! Is he related to Minato, or something?
It just means they met a long time ago. I'd wager it has something to do with Shin's Persona manifesting itself ten years ago, or something, and him forgetting about it. I base this on the fact that its what happened in Innocent Sin.

Quote:
Sigh, the moment I thought megumi will become a commade of Shin brothers they put her in coma. What a let down. =(

And isn't only a selected few can visit velvet room and see Igor? Wonder what's so special about Shin.
Well, don't worry too much: In Persona 1, Maki is in a coma throughout most of the game, but she still manages to hurl the city into an alternate reality, split her self into like, four or five different beings (True Maki, Mae, Aki, the party member Maki, and the Masked Girl), and be a useful member of the party throughout the game. Comas mean nothing.

As for the Velvet Room, anyone can enter the Velvet Room as long as they can find the doorway. In Eternal Punishment, two people who aren't Persona users are allowed entry (Makimura and Anna, although both had Personas in an alternate reality, so maybe that's not the best example?)...
Jesus Christnekoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 17:30   Link #170
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2008-01-14, 18:35   Link #171
saphyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep2:
I have a feeling that it may have something to do with the 3 guys they saw on the way in, probably spiked her drink or something? Since it did show her cup a few times.
Old 2008-01-15, 05:49   Link #172
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Episode 2 was not bad overall, but the thing that seemed a bit "huh" was the shadow pulling ... a seemingly widespread activity through the school(s) and well known, yet it seems so simplified and i find it a bit odd none of the teachers are questioning/reporting these activities. The process of performing it was kinda a letdown as well ... just place a hand on the shoulder, close your eyes while pretending to meditate and voila ... ye, sure.

Why aren't all the school students targeted ? I would think they are easier pray than the ones protected by police ... unless the "bad guys" know about this, but leave things be for some reason of their own. At any rate, going by Shin's brothers comments (him preferring if they wouldn't be in this city at all), i assume this phenomenon is directly related to this city in question.

Well, the show is fairly entertaining for me, so i will stick with it for now.
Old 2008-01-15, 11:49   Link #173
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

This "shadow-pulling" remind me of a "game " that existed in some schools in my country.Basically, if I remember well, you strangulated someone until they almost lost consciousness.Apparently it was "fun".It disappeared after a while.I suppose it was one of those fads that disappear as quickly as they appear or the the medias were just making things up.Since stupidity is universal, it's very possible that "sadow-pulling" is some kind of metaphor for this type of dangerous behaviour.
Old 2008-01-15, 12:05   Link #174
onigirinews

thanks so much
onigirinews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 14:17   Link #175
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Isn't the strangulation, suffocation stuff erotic also? So do they get high or turned on from Shadow pulling?

Anyways that was different going into a rape scenario by the end of ep. 2. So how did her drink get spiked?
Old 2008-01-15, 15:50   Link #176
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So how did her drink get spiked?
If the scriptwriters are good, they'll explain it in ep 3. My guess though is that's one of those plot hole questions you're not supposed to ask about.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 16:48   Link #177
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
It's not hard to spike someone's drink, but it's a miracle that she happened to drink the one that is spiked

The shadow pulling thing still puzzles me...now that it think maybe during the game, the "players" aren't actually concious of what happens and only wakes up "destressed" (or dead ) after the persona re-enters the body. Also maybe not everyone has a persona they can pull out and hence why that dude (can't remember his name ) has been winning all his matches thus far - perhaps his opponents were never able to call out their personal, and was only beaten to a pulp.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 16:59   Link #178
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
It's not hard to spike someone's drink, but it's a miracle that she happened to drink the one that is spiked
Especially when you factor in the fact that the boys who (presumably) spiked her drink weren't in the karoake box with her when she finally got around to drinking it. They really had to trust their luck to fate if them spiking her drink is what happened.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 22:01   Link #179
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anyone else getting a bit of a Jyu oh Sei vibe off this?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 00:33   Link #180
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Anyone else getting a bit of a Jyu oh Sei vibe off this?
Jyu oh Sei?Why?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, supernatural