Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Yup it better deliver!! I wanna see Moka bitch slaping Aono for being a nut job
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 13:50   Link #623
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

My impression after 3 episodes.

I didn’t have much hope for this series but it ended up growing on me. It’s actually entertaining low brow stuff.

A flaw for me is the amount, gratuitous nature, and in-your-face (literally) manner of panty shots. Not that I am prude. It just becomes distracting and less enjoyable as time goes on; it follows the Law of Diminishing Returns. A show like Tenjou Tenge had the right balance of service.

If there were a way for the panty shots to be an asset, it would be turn it into a game with a bunch of your friends. However, I don’t think I would survive a drinking contest based on the number of panty shots per episode.

Best and most funny line from episode 3 (based on Ayako Fansub): “Moka-san breast actually being abused… I cannot not forgive this!!”

Nana Mizuki voicing Moka-san being aroused by Yukari’s breast fondling was very adorable and sexy. Pure win.

I have to add Rosario+Vampire along with They are My Noble Masters as my guilty pleasures of Winter 2008 (If it's any consolation, my Winter 2008 anime diet is balanced out by True Tears and Spice & Wolf).
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 14:30   Link #624
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Yukari reminds me of Chiyo in Strawberry Panic!

Yuri is the way to go!
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 15:09   Link #625
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

This is the director of Kiddy Grade right? That was the last Pantsu Gonzo fest that I remember.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 15:21   Link #626
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

It a really good series but i was let down by episode 3 and i feel that it was just the same as episode 2 but with a new character which made the episode feel poor in my opinion.
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 15:44   Link #627
Isako
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Isako
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
This is the director of Kiddy Grade right? That was the last Pantsu Gonzo fest that I remember.
They aren't the same.

Comparing this to Kiddy Grade is quite insulting imho -_-. Kiddy Grade began developing a plot early on, R2V doesn't. In addition, the fanservice in Kiddy Grade wasn't as aggressive as it is in R2V.

EPS3:

I found this episode to be quite annoying and disappointing. We are three episodes into this anime, and the forumla hasn't changed: introduce a new character, summon dark Moka, defeat a classmate (or group of them), and watch the new character fall for Tsukune. I'm still waiting for this formula to break, so we can see a real plot develop. I may be hoping for too much though -_-.
Isako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 15:55   Link #628
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Yea you basically summed up my thoughts on episode three and the series in general there Iwata.

I keep hearing the manga has made progress plotwise so i'll stick it out to see if that actually translates over to the anime...Well that and to see if they let Dark moka say and do more beyond beating the monster of the week in under a minute.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 16:01   Link #629
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Lol the only reason I compare is the sheer amount of Pantsu.

Btw Kiddy grade didn't develop a plot until episode 5 or 8. And no I don't think R+V will develop a plot, it's a harem after all.

There is still the Pantsu King, Agent Aika!

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 16:14   Link #630
Isako
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Isako
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Lol the only reason I compare is the sheer amount of Pantsu.

Btw Kiddy grade didn't develop a plot until episode 5 or 8. And no I don't think R+V will develop a plot, it's a harem after all.

There is still the Pantsu King, Agent Aika!

Forbin KG is a longer seris. You can't really compare the two.

With a short series like this though, you'd expect a plot to start developing or at least a hint of one by now -_-.

Episode four may give me hope though :P
Isako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 17:26   Link #631
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwata View Post
They aren't the same.

Comparing this to Kiddy Grade is quite insulting imho -_-. Kiddy Grade began developing a plot early on, R2V doesn't. In addition, the fanservice in Kiddy Grade wasn't as aggressive as it is in R2V.

EPS3:

I found this episode to be quite annoying and disappointing. We are three episodes into this anime, and the forumla hasn't changed: introduce a new character, summon dark Moka, defeat a classmate (or group of them), and watch the new character fall for Tsukune. I'm still waiting for this formula to break, so we can see a real plot develop. I may be hoping for too much though -_-.
if they stick to the manga, as they've been till now, theres still some 2-3 eps at least till theres anything like a real story

Last edited by Jiyuu; 2008-01-22 at 03:06.
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 17:31   Link #632
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwata View Post
EPS3:

And it's going to happen at least 2 more times seen as...erm...there 2 more girls to be introduced
Happy yaro is happy...

edit: gah Jiyuu beat me to it

Won't be expecting much but mindless fun ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 18:35   Link #633
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Ep 3 had its funny moments (lols nosebleeds), but the panty shots came back with a vengeance compared to last week.

Spoiler for future stuff:

I wouldnt say the show has a deep plot, but it does become more interesting later on, probably around ep 6 or 7.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2008-01-22 at 04:57.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 00:08   Link #634
JRyan2K

I'm just hoping that they don't ruin the show and start having tentacle monsters. Sad to say, if one is included, I may just have to give up on this anime. They need to leave all those types of monsters in hentai. Wouldn't mind a werewolf chick, but I don't think it will happen....as long as it doesn't stray too far from the manga.
JRyan2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 04:17   Link #635
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRyan2K View Post
I'm just hoping that they don't ruin the show and start having tentacle monsters. Sad to say, if one is included, I may just have to give up on this anime. They need to leave all those types of monsters in hentai. Wouldn't mind a werewolf chick, but I don't think it will happen....as long as it doesn't stray too far from the manga.
Spoiler for Manga:

________
Tony brooks

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:24.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 04:32   Link #636
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRyan2K View Post
they've been following the manga pretty closely till now, i don't think they'll change that just to add a tentacle monster XD
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 04:36   Link #637
Pirate
~Lifenumb

There is one thing I have been going over in my mind, Doesnt a human turn into a vampire if you get bitten or something similar by a vampire? or is that werewolfs? ^^
Im not that great when it comes to this kind of stuff

But im pretty sure that humans can become vampires and why havent that sissy-boy become one allready? :x
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 04:51   Link #638
Ultenth

Because he hasn't been bitten by Vampire Moka, only her surpressed self, is my guess. Also the whole getting bit turns into Vampire thing varies from story to story, it's still very much debated in terms of official Vampire lore.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 05:41   Link #639
Pirate
~Lifenumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
Because he hasn't been bitten by Vampire Moka, only her surpressed self, is my guess. Also the whole getting bit turns into Vampire thing varies from story to story, it's still very much debated in terms of official Vampire lore.
Well i guess that is a possability, but why would Moka have the erge to drink blood in her moe-form if she wasnt a vampire in her moe-form also?

One thing that I could think of is that Tsukune has to drink her blood to become a vampire, that seems more logical to me.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 05:48   Link #640
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
There is one thing I have been going over in my mind, Doesnt a human turn into a vampire if you get bitten or something similar by a vampire? or is that werewolfs? ^^
Im not that great when it comes to this kind of stuff

But im pretty sure that humans can become vampires and why havent that sissy-boy become one allready? :x

Spoiler for vampire bites:
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire