AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-01-18, 14:38   Link #1021
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've stayed away from this thread until I had read all of volume 12. I've only read back a few pages of this interesting discussion, but I do want to put in some of my feelings.

I sympathize with Yuri a lot. I can't say I "like" her exactly -- she would be a difficult person to know. But I really, really sympathize with her situation and her feelings. Growing up, she was always the ugly duckling. Her mother thought the sun shone on Nana-san and Yuri was nothing. Her mother never knew that Nana-san was bringing boys home and sleeping around. I don't think much of her mother. And Nana-san herself was not particularly considerate of her sister: for instance, she took her scarf without asking. Then to top it all off, Nana-san starts going out with the boy in Yuri's class whom Yuri liked. For Yuri, life seems so cruel, always beating her down.

But Yuri is a determined person in one regard: she never stops trying to get Yano. Some people just have feelings like this. They can't help it, especially if they have nothing else in their lives. Sure, it would be better for her to forget him and move on, but that's easier said than done. I'm not recommending anyone act like her, but I definitely feel for her.

Now what if Yano leaves her and goes back to Nanami? Yuri are Take are both crushed. And yet it would be wonderful to see Yano and Nanami get back together. It's a kind of no-win situation: no matter if they get back together or not, people are badly hurt.

I've gone through ups and down with Yano. I loved him sometimes and hated him other times. When he kidnapped Take I hated him. He has been just as selfish and thoughtless as Yuri, from time to time. In fact, they do seem kind of similar in some ways, both with rather incompetent mothers. But I definitely feel for him now, during the time he worked at the bar and now that he is working as a designer. His life has fallen apart and he is patiently trying to put it back together again.

By the way, I'm afraid I don't think that scene in the OP is in Tokyo. I think it is from the actual anime, when Yano and Nanami were sort of broken up and she saw him in a restaurant and then he came out after her, to give her back her wallet. Not sure. Sapporo has big buildings, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-01-18 at 14:49.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 07:08   Link #1022
heavenorhell7

Kaoru Chujo, I agree with what you say about Yuri. I've said all that and more (see my previous posts), but alas, saying anything worthwhile and understanding here about her falls on deaf ears. Trust me, most people here just don't want to understand; they see what they want to see becuase it simplifies things: Yuri as a demon.
heavenorhell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:56   Link #1023
Calfuray

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenorhell7 View Post
Kaoru Chujo, I agree with what you say about Yuri. I've said all that and more (see my previous posts), but alas, saying anything worthwhile and understanding here about her falls on deaf ears. Trust me, most people here just don't want to understand; they see what they want to see becuase it simplifies things: Yuri as a demon.
I think people do hear what you say, but they just have another opinion and won't agree. Especially those ultra Yano/Nanami fans (includes me). Yuri is not a bad person, she has like Yano had a tough life with countless downturns. But her personality is what I don't like about her - not that she's evil or anything.
The fact that she's so determined is what scares people and makes them hate her. They think she'll spoil everything including Yano and Nanami's relationship. If Yuri had been the heroine of Bokura ga Ita the story would have been different.
Calfuray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 13:28   Link #1024
heavenorhell7

That's why I say: people see what they want to see. I mean, people don't hate Take (at least from what I read here) and he's not much different than Yuri in his pursuit of Nana; to me, the hypocrisy just doesn't make sense. But I think you're right, people see Yuri as a threat to Yano and Nana, so she has to be vilified. I guess I'm at fault too: I don't like Nana's too much, at least not as much as other characters (though I don't hate her), and as a man, I'd select Yuri any time over her.
Old 2008-01-19, 14:28   Link #1025
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
That's why I say: people see what they want to see. I mean, people don't hate Take (at least from what I read here) and he's not much different than Yuri in his pursuit of Nana; to me, the hypocrisy just doesn't make sense. But I think you're right, people see Yuri as a threat to Yano and Nana, so she has to be vilified. I guess I'm at fault too: I don't like Nana's too much, at least not as much as other characters (though I don't hate her), and as a man, I'd select Yuri any time over her.
Yes, I'm not telling other people what attitude to have. I just can't help feeling a lot of sympathy for Yuri. However, I feel most sympathy for Nana-chan. I think she's just a wonderful character.
Spoiler for end of v12:
I also find Aki a lovely and fascinating person. For Yano's sake, I think she is the person Yano should have ended up with -- and I think she does, too. Actually, she and Take also make a nice couple....
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 11:41   Link #1026
cherriesarered

I've seen the anime and read some of the manga and the spoilers..
In the beginning i really hate Yuri because she is just intimidating ( i don't like it when she "pretends" she hates Yano and all and then apparently she sleeps with him and all - that is just deceiving)..

but then i kinda can understand how she feels. we all lose reasons when we love someone and i kinda feel sorry for her because she really tries hard to make yano loves her. and i appreciate that. i don't really agree on how far she went to get him though. That is just too much.

I believe we should fight for love. oh yes. but we should respect when others say " i don't love you" for many years. she should just find someone else she can be happier with. And i agree with some of you. she deserves a better guy than Yano.

I don't really have strong hate or like for Nanami but i do understand her. She maybe seen by some as someone childish and insecure but well, who can blame her? She was young and she was going out with the hottest guy in school and every girl is dying to steal him away from her. Some of you said that she is not trying as hard to get Yano. But in my opinion she tried her best. Waiting is not the nicest feeling you want to experience either and especially when the guy is "hiding away" from you and you waited for him for 5 years trying to keep your promise to love only him. She tried to find him and wait for him. That's enough heartache. He betrayed her before and of course it's tough to keep on waiting. If i were her, i would just conclude that the guy doesn't love me enough long before that 5 years is over.

Nanami is human. She seeks happiness too. She waited and her hope was crushed. She tried to find happiness and Take offers her. I really don't blame her for that.

Take may be hated by many males here because he is seen as someone who steals your friend's gf but come on, he only does that because Yano is "offering her to him". I can understand Take.

It's Yano i don't understand and i think because of that i can't like him. To me he's just a good looking hunk who is insensitive and disrespectful to girls feelings. If he loves Nanami for heaven's sake stays with her through good and bad. Don't sleep around and especially not with someone he knows so clearly love and obsessed with him like Yuri. He hurts both of them and who knows how many other girls have cried because of him. He doesn't deserve Nanami or Yuri until he fixes that personality of his. No offense to any one who cheers for him. This is just my opinion.
cherriesarered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 17:53   Link #1027
sugoi_ninja

Quote:
well it's easy to like Take and not hate him to me because he himself said that friendship is more important to him then being in a relationship. I don't think that he would go and ruin his relationship with Yano and he did say that Yano told him to take care of Nanami so isn't he doing that right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofus View Post
Chapter 10, Volume 36 has been released guys by Jshojo! <3 BGI

http://jshojo.atspace.com/
Thanks for the information keep it up!
sugoi_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 12:52   Link #1028
Sukidesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherriesarered View Post
I've seen the anime and read some of the manga and the spoilers..
In the beginning i really hate Yuri because she is just intimidating ( i don't like it when she "pretends" she hates Yano and all and then apparently she sleeps with him and all - that is just deceiving)..

but then i kinda can understand how she feels. we all lose reasons when we love someone and i kinda feel sorry for her because she really tries hard to make yano loves her. and i appreciate that. i don't really agree on how far she went to get him though. That is just too much.

I believe we should fight for love. oh yes. but we should respect when others say " i don't love you" for many years. she should just find someone else she can be happier with. And i agree with some of you. she deserves a better guy than Yano.

I don't really have strong hate or like for Nanami but i do understand her. She maybe seen by some as someone childish and insecure but well, who can blame her? She was young and she was going out with the hottest guy in school and every girl is dying to steal him away from her. Some of you said that she is not trying as hard to get Yano. But in my opinion she tried her best. Waiting is not the nicest feeling you want to experience either and especially when the guy is "hiding away" from you and you waited for him for 5 years trying to keep your promise to love only him. She tried to find him and wait for him. That's enough heartache. He betrayed her before and of course it's tough to keep on waiting. If i were her, i would just conclude that the guy doesn't love me enough long before that 5 years is over.

Nanami is human. She seeks happiness too. She waited and her hope was crushed. She tried to find happiness and Take offers her. I really don't blame her for that.

Take may be hated by many males here because he is seen as someone who steals your friend's gf but come on, he only does that because Yano is "offering her to him". I can understand Take.

It's Yano i don't understand and i think because of that i can't like him. To me he's just a good looking hunk who is insensitive and disrespectful to girls feelings. If he loves Nanami for heaven's sake stays with her through good and bad. Don't sleep around and especially not with someone he knows so clearly love and obsessed with him like Yuri. He hurts both of them and who knows how many other girls have cried because of him. He doesn't deserve Nanami or Yuri until he fixes that personality of his. No offense to any one who cheers for him. This is just my opinion.
Huh? When did Yano betrayed Nanami? When did he go sleeping around? Before or after he moved to Tokyo? If it's before, he never betrayed Nanami. He slept with Yuri before he met Nanami. If it's after, if he did go sleeping around then I don't have excuse for him. I don't think Yano had ever disrespect woman. He might said some word that is directly and decisive but he never go doing something that's inappropriate. I mean, you can't blame him alone when it's the woman that wants it as well right? Yano said sex is not a sport, it is something to be sacred. So I don't see how that is disrespectful. Plus when he's a perv, he's only a perve to Nanami which I think most guy would love to make love with their love one. Yano did mention he's not good if it's not with the woman he love.

I see Yano having hardship in life and in relationship. Poor him.

As for Yuri, it's not that we only see what we want to see. I see the determination there but when a guy tells me that he don't love me after so many year, boy, even if I still love him it's not going to work. She's just a home wrecker, simply put.
Sukidesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 13:16   Link #1029
heavenorhell7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukidesu View Post
As for Yuri, it's not that we only see what we want to see. I see the determination there but when a guy tells me that he don't love me after so many year, boy, even if I still love him it's not going to work. She's just a home wrecker, simply put.
I don't get this, why should Yuri leave when Yano's not been with Nana longer? "Actions speak louder than words"; has anyone thought that maybe, just maybe, it should be Nana that should take "NO" for an answer (she's dating Take now so she's finally waking up). For god's sake, she looked and couldn't find Yano after 5 years (I could even call that psycho), while Yuri found him in what, 1 or 2 years, yet Yuri is the stalker? It must be becuase Yano was avoiding Nana; I don't know about other guys, but I speak nice to girls when I'm in their face, but avoid them if I don't want them around (for what ever reason, good or bad), and maybe they'll take a hint. For men, actions speak louder than words: we'll say anything to a girl's face, but if we don't back it up with actions, then our words mean squat (I think Yuri knew this). It seems that Nana is more guilty of being called a home wrecker than Yuri now, since Yuri is right NOW with Yano. Possession is 3/4 of the law. Not only that, I can't help but see Nana as the OLD flame coming back to burn Yuri and Yano's relationship. Tell me, what right does she have to be in the picture? And don't say becuase Yano wants her to; just becuase it's OK'ed by Yano, wouldn'tt mean it's right--for Take and Yuri.

Also, what about Take? He was rejected by Nana, directly to the face mind you, as much as Yuri was; and girls aren't degrading him (though some men are). We aren't saying, "Take, take a hint man, she refused you, stop chasing her. It's been 5 years man!" But after Nana rejected Take those times (by word and actions), she kept returning to him as the backup "friend"; I hate that wishy-washy nature of hers. To me, Nana's a ticking time bomb: she'd cheat on you and justify it by calling it "romance." And people should be more upset with her way of treating Take, more so than the way Yuri is, but people are quiet about that. Why is that?

This is why people see what they want to see. If you're going to degrade Yuri, then you have to degrade Nana and Take; for god's sake, 5 years of waiting on both their parts, you can't say in Yuri's case she should take a hint while in their cases it's called "romance." If I was Take and Yano, I'd stay clear of Nana, she's emotional baggage with the facade of innocence ready to cheat, then just justify it away by saying she's in "love." She reminds me of Nana from the Nana manga; she's really a slut by sleeping with all those guys, but then she blames it away by saying she falls in love easily.

Last edited by heavenorhell7; 2008-01-22 at 14:11.
Old 2008-01-22, 14:44   Link #1030
Sukidesu

Quote:
I don't get this, why should Yuri leave when Yano's not been with Nana longer? "Actions speak louder than words"; has anyone thought that maybe, just maybe, it should be Nana that should take "NO" for an answer (she's dating Take now so she's finally waking up). For god's sake, she looked and couldn't find Yano after 5 years (I could even call that psycho), while Yuri found him in what, 1 or 2 years, yet Yuri is the stalker? It must be becuase Yano was avoiding Nana; I don't know about other guys, but I speak nice to girls when I'm in their face, but avoid them if I don't want them around (for what ever reason, good or bad), and maybe they'll take a hint. For men, actions speak louder than words: we'll say anything to a girl's face, but if we don't back it up with actions, then our words mean squat (I think Yuri knew this). It seems that Nana is more guilty of being called a home wrecker than Yuri now, since Yuri is right NOW with Yano. Possession is 3/4 of the law. Not only that, I can't help but see Nana as the OLD flame coming back to burn Yuri and Yano's relationship. Tell me, what right does she have to be in the picture? And don't say becuase Yano wants her to; just becuase it's OK'ed by Yano, wouldn'tt mean it's right--for Take and Yuri.

Also, what about Take? He was rejected by Nana, directly to the face mind you, as much as Yuri was; and girls aren't degrading him (though some men are). We aren't saying, "Take, take a hint man, she refused you, stop chasing her. It's been 5 years man!" But after Nana rejected Take those times (by word and actions), she kept returning to him as the backup "friend"; I hate that wishy-washy nature of hers. To me, Nana's a ticking time bomb: she'd cheat on you and justify it by calling it "romance." And people should be more upset with her way of treating Take, more so than the way Yuri is, but people are quiet about that. Why is that?

This is why people see what they want to see. If you're going to degrade Yuri, then you have to degrade Nana and Take; for god's sake, 5 years of waiting on both their parts, you can't say in Yuri's case she should take a hint while in their cases it's called "romance." If I was Take and Yano, I'd stay clear of Nana, she's emotional baggage with the facade of innocence ready to cheat, then just justify it away by saying she's in "love." She reminds me of Nana from the Nana manga; she's really a slut by sleeping with all those guys, but then she blames it away by saying she falls in love easily.
But we don't know what position is Yuri with Yano, right? Or does anyone know already? If Yuri did stay with Yano as Yano's wife or gf then I would said Yano shouldn't go back to Nanami. From what I read, he let Yuri stay with him out of sympathy but I still don't know in what status is she to him. Plus from one of the summary I read, he have Nanami's picture in his office, Aki saw it. Plus we have always know, Yano is concern about Yuri. He never rejected her when she has problem cuz he knows he's guilty somehow. Action speaks louder than words, but I still don't see how his action is of that love for Yuri. Maybe a love for a friend. Yano avoiding Nana doesn't mean he don't love her. He's avoiding her because he dont' want to cause trouble for her. Yeah there is a saying, lover should stay through thick and thin together but a person like Yano, he don't shared his sad emotion to other people. Even Take never seen the other side of Yano.

Yuri is kind of like a stalker, I mean. She was a home wrecker in the anime. Look at it, Yano never mention to her where he is going. I think she knew Yano is going to Tokyo because he's popular and the school will be talking about it. As for Nana, I think from what I read, she did look for him when she was studying in Tokyo but she couldn't find him. I'm not going to give any excuse why Nana didn't succeed in looking for Yano. It seems like Nana has take Take's sister words. Have a new relationship and see if your last love is true love. If your new love is able to forget your old love, that means your last love is not true.

I was never quiet on Nana. If you read my previous post, I have mention that Nana annoys me. In fact, I dislike most of the female character in here. I don't like the fact Nana seems like she have some hope from Take when she is with Yano. She seems indecisive, a fact I hate about her so much.

I think the only character I mention I understand most is Yano's.
Old 2008-01-22, 16:35   Link #1031
heavenorhell7

Sukidesu, you don't have to quote the whole post

At least we agree that Nana is indecisive, and that is very problematic. But if you say Yuri is a home wrecker and stalker, then you have to admit that Nana and Take are ones too. We may not know why Yuri and Yano are together, but we do know that they are, and that Yuri would want it to stay that way. Now, to her, it's almost like another woman trying to take her man; they've been together that long.

And pictures? What's wrong with them? I have old pictures of friends and even my ex; they are just memories of friends and fun times, doesn't have to mean anything more. My current girlfriend is cool with it, she knows they are just memories solidified.

Also, really think about not seeing someone for 5 years by your "choice." Sorry, I don't give Yano that much credit; I don't think he is a hopeless romantic, sacrificing his all, his love, for the sake of Nana. I think he's a coward who crawls away at the signs of trouble; to me, he's weak and selfish, and not selfish in the good way.

For myself, and some other brave few souls, Yuri really should be the main character of this story; that way some of you would not ridicule her so much and could start relating. She is just so much more colorful and interesting than that bland, wishy-washy Nana.
Old 2008-01-22, 17:07   Link #1032
Sukidesu

yeah but they are just staying together, which we don't know of their status yet. If it's just staying as friend which mean is still one sided love. So that means nothing to me, really. It will be only Yuri that wants him to be her husband but Yano doesn't, so it will not be Yano's fault if he's seeking out. Oh Which remind me, he is being known as a player, which another thing also come to mind that, there might not be any development in their relationship or else he would be cheating on Yuri. They have been together for long, but if their relationship doesnt improve, time did prove, it will never happen, right?......This is just all speculating.

Pictures of a girl in your office? Wouldn't you want it to be your gf or your family instead of a girl you're avoiding for many years if by what you said action speaks louder than word. I don't see the point of him having her picture in his office if he had Yuri because Yano is a very committed man. Once he's in a real relationship, he's willing to change for the person he love. This also make me think, he really think nothing of Yuri and she's only digging her own sorrow. A picture in a photo album is different than a picture in a flame in your office. It's two different thing, a photo album as memory and a photo in a flame consist of someone you love.

I don't give anyone's credit. I just put myself in Yano's shoes and I understand. I put myself in Yuri's shoes and I can't find myself doing that. I put myself in Nana's shoes, I'm not indecisive and I wouldn't want my bf's friend to like me that way. I put myself in Take's shoes and I'm disgusted. Cuz to me, the biggest pride is not liking your best friend's lover. Love can't be force and the feelings developed on its own but you have to moved on.

Plus Yuri has always been the trouble for Yano and Nana-san's relationship. She was the one who didn't passed on the message Yano leave for Nana-san which ended up in their little argument. Yeah Yuri did know Yano first and fell in love with him first but the guy didn't choose her or love her. It has always been one sided. Yuri was a home wrecker ever since then.

I even stated before that Yano and Yuri sleeping together is nasty and disrespectful to Nana-san. Nana-san was a witch and a whore who would just take other people's clothes and dirtied it but it's her death. Yano feels guilty afterward, but to me, it doesn't seems like Yuri feel any guilty to what she did. Afterall she was the one suggesting Yano to hurry up or else her parents will be back.

I don't see how keeping your emotion to yourself is selfish and keeping trouble from other is selfish. I'm sure he blames everything to him, the death of Nana-san and his mother. His mother suicide because she think he will leave her. With that it's already enough for one person to take. Everyone has their own weakness and Yano is emotionally weak alone but he never show his side to them right? I don't think by doing that is selfish. I think Yano knows his own weakness and he wouldn't mind if you call him a coward. I want to know what trouble that Yano ran away from?

I still wouldn't like Yuri even if she's the main character. It still makes no difference.
Old 2008-01-23, 01:39   Link #1033
heavenorhell7

I can't believe you like Yano, and still think he and Nana should be together after all you said. Yano's a player as you said, actions do speak louder than words, and he abandoned Nana, what does that say about his feelings for her? Last time I checked, if I loved a woman, really loved her, the last thing I'd want to do is be sleeping around and separated from her. Trust me, people with those type of feelings don't feel the need to sleep around with others, and keep their distance, as much as those that lack it. Even if he is sleeping around on Yuri, do you honestly think that says more about his and Yuri current relationship than it does about his feels towards Nana after what you said? Sorry, you must either be a young boy, not yet schooled in the ways of a man's life, or a girl, one not able to see a man's perspective in certain things. Yano committed? That's just laughable. He's maybe committed to running at the first sign of trouble; he's a wannabe martyr. Committed men are that because through thick and thin they stay, and work thorough things, not run and hide, scared becuase of the what the future could bring; committed men mold the future to their liking or necessity to the best of their abilities - Take is committed, kind of stalker-ish, but committed. To me, it appears if Yano and Nana were to get together he'd run instead of changing for the one he "loves"; and Nana would eventually cheat on him with Take or someone else.

And you keep saying Yuri is a home wrecker, after all you said. Tell me why again: What stars in the sky foretell and govern Yano and Nana's exclusive relationship? Yuri isn't intruding now, what ever their current relationship is, Nana is the one intruding; you see, even if Yano hates Yuri, Yuri is doing her own thing to win him over, Nana's been out of the picture for years; and Yuri wasn't intruding in the past, she was with Yano first, Yano was her first. She even tried to hate Yano to try to forget him, that's why she was so cold towards him. If that wasn't enough, Yano still has always been warm to her, you could easily see that he cared for her; he also returned to Yuri various times when Nana was being all wishy-washy. But enough talk of Yano, he is my least favorite character and I feel Yuri deserves better; the only reason I want them together is becuase it makes Yuri happy for now, and what Yuri wants, I want. Yuri>Aki>Take>Nana>the dog crap on my shoe>Yano.

And pictures? Huh? I don't get that. I keep pictures of people I care about all over my walls, and yes, they include ex-girlfriends who were important to me. There is not enough significance here to override Yano's actions: sleeping around, 4-5 year abandonment of the one he supposedly loves. You think Nana would take a hint.

On a final note: Nana is so wishy-washy that the only good thing about her is her ability to wash Yano's and Take's clothes better than any washing machine.

Last edited by heavenorhell7; 2008-01-23 at 01:50.
Old 2008-01-23, 15:12   Link #1034
MaHaHoU

Thumbs up Summaries???

Quote:
Hello,
First time posting here.I am a huge fun of bokura ga ita...well i just wanted to share with you guys some stuff i found at the net...if you want to know more you have to read all till the end (actually it's a summary of the manga after the anime ends till chapter 50 -yet i think it has got more- from a girl who has read all the published chapters...not me unfortunately)
serious spoiler ahead
Spoiler for BGI:
MaHaHoU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 15:50   Link #1035
xCrystalx

Guys, I've found a site where you can read BGI manga online (in English ofcourse). But there's good news and bad news.

The bad news is that it's only until Chapter 10 - Volume 3

The good news is that they update so it will catch up soon, as soon as they find some scanlations they'll start translating!!

The link is http://www.onemanga.com/Bokura_Ga_Ita/

Dont worry! I read manga on this site alot and they DO update! We need to be patient that's all!
Old 2008-01-24, 04:27   Link #1036
cutecouplesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCrystalx View Post
Guys, I've found a site where you can read BGI manga online (in English ofcourse). But there's good news and bad news.

The bad news is that it's only until Chapter 10 - Volume 3

The good news is that they update so it will catch up soon, as soon as they find some scanlations they'll start translating!!

The link is http://www.onemanga.com/Bokura_Ga_Ita/

Dont worry! I read manga on this site alot and they DO update! We need to be patient that's all!
we are being always patient...
cutecouplesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 07:15   Link #1037
MaHaHoU

Hey guys, can anyone tell me where I can find and download some Bokura ga ita photos? There seem to be only a few sites ...
Also i read in a site that
Spoiler for vol12:

I really want Nana and Yano to be together again...I believe in true love and those two really feel something about the other.True love means also pain after all and...love ...it's not like always be secure with someone (like Take) who is kind!
MaHaHoU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 12:55   Link #1038
Sukidesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHaHoU View Post
Hey guys, can anyone tell me where I can find and download some Bokura ga ita photos? There seem to be only a few sites ...
Also i read in a site that
Spoiler for vol12:

I really want Nana and Yano to be together again...I believe in true love and those two really feel something about the other.True love means also pain after all and...love ...it's not like always be secure with someone (like Take) who is kind!
awww that's sad. He always have an argument with someone he loved the day before they died. That's what makes things so miserable.

heavenorhell7: Where the heck did you get the information, Yano has been sleeping around? I think it was just an image he give to other people. FYI, I'm a girl and I'm sure I'm at the right age to think. This is just some opinion that differs from your. It seems like you're attacking me personally.

If Yuri deserve better, she shouldn't be chasing Yano anymore. You should just write a complaint to Yuuki that she should just kill off Yano or kill off Yuri since she deserve so much better. You just disregard the past things that Yuri had done wrong. She isn't any better than all those character.

There is no way Nana is intruding Yano and Yuri if there is no development on Yano and Yuri's relationship. 4 to 5 years so what? If there is nothing going on between Yano and Yuri, then hell who care about Yuri.

Yeah, Yuri knows Yano first but Yano isn't her first. Yano slept with Nana-san first. Yano never loved Yuri to begin with. Yano never want to return to Yuri. He told her, he never want to make the same mistake again. Yano's concern for Yuri isn't for a love one but for a friend. You kept telling me that there is nothing wrong to have picture of your ex so here is the thing. There is nothing wrong to be concern about a person who you feel guilty that you slept with and someone you have known since middle school.

Yano isn't a saint and I understand his situation, there it go from a girl's perspective.

Whatever floats your boat.

MaHaHoU: I'm not sure if it's accurate but at wikipedia, it said Nana rejected Take so let see how things will turn out.
Old 2008-01-25, 01:49   Link #1039
heavenorhell7

Sukidesu, didn't you say Yano was a "player?" Perhaps being a "player" means something different where you live. But I also recall me saying "if he was . . .." And no, I'm not attacking you in any way, shape or form; I don't care enough to attack a person's character, though sometimes my writing seems cold and crass. Sorry, I just can't help it: it's difficult being witty in writing as well as trying to get subtle humor across. I was just stating a point: that it's difficult to understand a person without walking a mile in his or her shoes - like understands like better than unlike people. That's one of the reasons why you feel more comfortable around people similar to yourself than those not. And of course you have a different opinion than I do, we all have varying opinions; but that is why people debate and discuss: to see the others' points-of-view. FYI: I think you like Yano for the same reason other women like him: He's that pretty, bad-boy, helpless-romantic, "self-sacrificing" type of guy that girls can't help but want to "fix"; when in truth, he doesn't need to be changed. Yano is looked at like some kind of lost, mischievous, hurt puppy that is the "prize" that needs to be won; when in truth, he's not worth more than Taki or any other average guy. If you unwrap the prize, chances are you'll get a donkey (at least you can ride it) over diamonds to wear. I know those types, both men and women.

About Yuri deserving better, why not? If all of you, and especially you, think that Yano is the greatest prize at the end of the Love's Tunnel, then why shouldn't she try to win it? I ask you instead, why can't Nana abandon the chase or her love after 5 years instead of Yuri? This is not about Yano's feelings, we all know he is "lost," it's about theirs. Is it any different with Yuri? They both love this "prize," so why is one entitled more to it than the other? Feelings can and do change, a prize's closed-off feelings, with time, can be unwrapped. I asked already: "What stars in the sky prophesize and govern Yano and Nana's inevitable relationship and stability?" Yuri may be no better than the other characters, but can't you see then that those other characters are no better than her?

And about Yano and Nana's non-development in the relationship department: What? Where did you get that from? Nothing that I've read implies that? Did you infer all that from the picture Yano has on his wall of Nana? That's too much of a stretch even for my imagination - and I believe aliens exist. You must be a young chick-a-dee if you can't see how living together with someone who loves and is infatuated with you would change you. I would ask you: Could you live under the same roof for 4-5 years with someone of the opposite sex that is in love with you, without being affected at all, for ill or nill? Don't you think, from what we know of Yano's character so far, given that if he grew up more as a responsible man, and given that he hasn't moved out yet, that his feelings have changed somewhat in favor of Yuri? If he hasn't, then this manga would be too big of a lie to have any credibility left; it would lose its appeal along with my interest. Believe me, something deeper is going on between Yuri and Yano that, believe it or not, Nana would be intruding upon.

The next paragraph was too confusing for me, so I'll just say: Yuri is smarter, sexier and more colorful/interesting than Nana. Too bad she's not the protagonist. With her, we'd have interest: Woman loves man from youth, sister takes man, sister dies, woman sleeps with man, other-woman takes man, woman sleeps with man again, other-woman and man separate, woman follows and finds man, woman lives with man, other-woman finds man . . . ; and all through out, the woman is fighting herself and others for the man's love. Now that would be a ride if delved and expanded upon. Nana followers are missing out.

Yano is a man. Unless you're a man with a similar disposition, it's difficult to understand what and how men think; but there are exceptions, especially with good writers and manly women . . .. I'm assuming you're a good writer. Men always claim to not know what women are thinking, shouldn't women at least say it's somewhat difficult to understand what men are thinking as well? Trust me, I understand Yano as a man and his situation better than you; so similarly, I don't like myself too much.

The last paragraph and Yuri float my boat; She is the captain on these rough waters, while I'm her steadfast crewman.
Old 2008-01-25, 17:47   Link #1040
Sukidesu

heavenorhell7: Your assumption about Yano is so wrong. I did said he was title as a player but did I ever said he is one? I got this information from the manga itself and analyze it as if he and Yuri's relationship is something of a love one then he wouldn't be title as a player. You just keep accusing Yano of things he didn't do such as sleeping around...okay maybe you did wrote "maybe" but don't you think your accusation is off?

You're still making judgement on me. This is an opinion about a manga not about me. I think you need to keep the personal opinion about the person you're debating with away. You don't even know me personally so how can you make a judgement about me just because I find reasonable things about Yano.

You said Yuri derserve better, so how can he be a prize? If Yuri deserve better, she should have gone to look for a better prize. If she deserve better, Yano is not the prize. She already try to win, but she didn't win, did she? This is so funny...seriously!

I'm confused about this quote because I never said that Yano and Nana's relationship is non-development. I re-read my post and it said Yano and Yuri. hmm

Quote:
And about Yano and Nana's non-development in the relationship department
This is funny as well, I never said Yano has picture of Nana on his wall. I swear, than you still go on and called me a chick a dee.

muahhaha Look at the outcome. Even if they lived under the same roof, look at the outcome. He being affected or not, look at the outcome. Of course, I do believe, he would be affected somehow and somewhat but affected in as? I think it's more of being guilty that he can't do anything for her even giving his heart. This is so laughable.

Well, if you believe something is going on between Yano and Yuri, then keep believing. Maybe your belief will come true. Then there go, happy ending for Yuri and Yano. Yano will choose Yuri at the end because she has done so much for him such as not giving his message to her sister. When he was dating Nana-chan, she said stuff to Nana-chan. And the best part is, she went looking for him and found him and is now living under the same roof with him. Yano and Yuri together, would be the best.

And again you make judgement on me because I'm a girl so I can't understand a man's situation. WTF is this?

Oh I don't think you should be comparing yourself to Yano. I don't want to make judgement on you through the internet Cuz If I do, I'll just become a hypocrite.. But let me emphasis, don't compare yourself to Yano.