AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-03, 20:39   Link #661
cleo

I can't say I'd mind if 11/11 came out nr.1 in the end.
I like Kino, but you can hardly call her the manliest character in this group.
I have a strong urge to go for Huang the next round...
Old 2008-02-03, 20:45   Link #662
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

People are bitching everywhere about the results.
I voted for 11/11, and I dont want to join the bawwfest, but the results are rather suspicious.
Old 2008-02-03, 20:51   Link #663
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Voted For Masa-San~
Old 2008-02-03, 21:01   Link #664
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

OK, looking at the graph, it should be obvious to everybody with half a brain that it was a setup - either somebody with a proxy or computer lab access with 200 computers. It's one thing for a woman to win, but winning in such a way is pretty low.

I don't know this Kino, but I find it hard to imagine she is that GAR. I feel bad for November 11. This tournament is starting to look more and more like a parody.

Just look at the title - SaiGar 2008 -- The Tournament of Men Among Men. It's hard to take this title seriously anymore.
Old 2008-02-03, 21:29   Link #665
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
OK, looking at the graph, it should be obvious to everybody with half a brain that it was a setup - either somebody with a proxy or computer lab access with 200 computers. It's one thing for a woman to win, but winning in such a way is pretty low.

I don't know this Kino, but I find it hard to imagine she is that GAR. I feel bad for November 11. This tournament is starting to look more and more like a parody.

Just look at the title - SaiGar 2008 -- The Tournament of Men Among Men. It's hard to take this title seriously anymore.
I'd like you to take a look at group H, where Rena and Claire are both doing well.
Also, Kino is quite Gar, though I agree that 11/11 is moreso, she's a lone traveller who hunts for herself, kills to survive, and has risked her life many times. Also, the anime is very ambiguous to whether she is male or female until late into the series, many would assume she is a man early on.

And yes, I also find the title to be quite amusing.
It'll be okay once Kamina wins though.
Old 2008-02-03, 21:47   Link #666
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I'd like you to take a look at group H, where Rena and Claire are both doing well.
Also, Kino is quite Gar, though I agree that 11/11 is moreso, she's a lone traveller who hunts for herself, kills to survive, and has risked her life many times. Also, the anime is very ambiguous to whether she is male or female until late into the series, many would assume she is a man early on.

And yes, I also find the title to be quite amusing.
It'll be okay once Kamina wins though.
I don't see your point looking at group H - none of those two won with an additional 200 votes at the last moment. Both of them were leading the whole time. If you are referring to gender, then Rena did not have much competition and Claire is - believe it or not - a guy. I'm OK with Rena winning the first round, but that's as far as she should go.

As for Kino, I said that I don't know her, so I cannot attest to her "manliness", but even you said that November 11 is more deserving to win. Besides, it should be pretty obvious to you that there is something wrong with the vote. I suggest that the organizers check the IP addresses of all the votes for Kino and if 200 of them come from the same sub-network, then there is either a 200-men Kino fan-club in some college or workplace or there is just one crazy Kino fan who is ready to vote 200 times for her.

Also, just because Kamina will probably win in the end, doesn't mean we cannot enjoy the small victories of some of our favorite characters along the way, and I think November 11 got shanked.
Old 2008-02-03, 21:49   Link #667
Kirarakim

Despite the name, I can assure you that Claire is very much a male character. And he is very manly as well.
Old 2008-02-03, 21:51   Link #668
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
I don't see your point looking at group H - none of those two won with an additional 200 votes at the last moment. Both of them were leading the whole time. If you are referring to gender, then Rena did not have much competition and Claire is - believe it or not - a guy. I'm OK with Rena winning the first round, but that's as far as she should go.

As for Kino, I said that I don't know her, so I cannot attest to her "manliness", but even you said that November 11 is more deserving to win. Besides, it should be pretty obvious to you that there is something wrong with the vote. I suggest that the organizers check the IP addresses of all the votes for Kino and if 200 of them come from the same sub-network, then there is either a 200-men Kino fan-club in some college or workplace or there is just one crazy Kino fan who is ready to vote 200 times for her.

Also, just because Kamina will probably win in the end, doesn't mean we cannot enjoy the small victories of some of our favorite characters along the way, and I think November 11 got shanked.
Well, I regress, once again admitting that I should have followed Baccano!.
I agree, though, that there should be some sort of investigation into this issue, as Kino is not one of the female characters I would expect to fare better than the "real" men. (Meant litterally, as in the possession of physical qualities that males have but females do not)
Old 2008-02-03, 21:57   Link #669
Ermes Marana

Quote:

Agreed.

The whole point is a male character who is so awesome that even other males love his awesomeness. A man so manly that even other men submit to his manliness.

A female can't fit in that category. First of all, what male wouldn't submit to the awesomeness of a hot female? It is a totally different thing. Second, just look at an example:

An introverted loner girl like Kino, no matter how tough she is, has nothing whatsoever to do with this tournament.

Even if Kino had been male, there is nothing really manly about the character.

The truth is, the only reason Kino would even be nominated is because she is female. She isn't manly, but because she is tough that is considered enough for a female character to get nominated.

Sadly, this tournament is really stupid now.
Old 2008-02-03, 22:18   Link #670
OverFunk
It will never be the year

I, FOR ONE, AM REALLY GLAD ABOUT NOVEMBER 11'S VICTORY.

Seriously, stop mispelling his name as Kino.

Today, I'm voting Masa-san.

Never forget
Old 2008-02-03, 23:46   Link #671
Koroviev
The GAR of Russia

Send a message via MSN to Koroviev
You know, the whole Kino business is not resolved yet. Mostly everyone, even the Kino fans on /a/, noted that this sudden rise is too suspicious. Hell, multiple threads were made about this, so SaiGAR Guy is looking into the whole mess. We most likely are going to have a re-vote.
As for today, K1 is my man. After rewatching the last arc of the first season, I concur that he is more GAR than Kamina will ever be.
Old 2008-02-04, 00:46   Link #672
mac_pack

Location: On top of Mount Slecka in the valley of Raccon Don O.
A re-vote? No way! Leave the results alone. Why try to bring credibility into this? There has been cheating since the begining (though most were smart enough to space out the votes).

Winning in this contest is no indicater of who is GAR. Why ruin the lulz?!
Old 2008-02-04, 00:57   Link #673
Koroviev
The GAR of Russia

Send a message via MSN to Koroviev
Cheating was there, just this time, it was a bit overboard. That's why.
Old 2008-02-04, 02:30   Link #674
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

kino cant be possibly manlier than 11/11 and for a simple analogy:

what if masa-san(moe mode) wins a saiMOE round? would that be acceptable?
kino wins by a FREAKING LARGE margin over 11/11. would that be acceptable?

a woman cant be manly enough to win in saiGAR as much as a man cant be MOE enough to win in saiMOE (except seto san with his nekomimi, jk)
Old 2008-02-04, 04:33   Link #675
Belial13

Well if it took you till now to realize this tournament is about your favorite char and got nothing to do with GAR then something is wrong with you ^^

i mean some peoples definition of GAR were guys with feelings for something, and half the people event don't know half of the contestants and will just vote for the ones they know even if the other one is 10x more GAR

personally i am glad Kino won (tho i voted for Alucard, so don't stone me :P) just for some of you to see this and not be to say when some girls / someone gay wins
Old 2008-02-04, 05:25   Link #676
tbl
Affably Evil

Alucard lost to Kino?
I mean seriously being obliterated into a pool of blood, having his head chopped off, being blown to shreds by gunfire, none of which can kill the guy. How much more awesome can you get?
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-02-04, 09:23   Link #677
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

That makes him more boring than awesome.
Old 2008-02-04, 09:49   Link #678
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

What surprises me is that Rena is in the tournament lol. Anyway she is awesome but having the most courage within Higurashi in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
That makes him more boring than awesome.
Not when you see it for the first time in your life but after that it does get boring.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2008-02-04, 14:15   Link #679
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana
The whole point is a male character who is so awesome that even other males love his awesomeness. A man so manly that even other men submit to his manliness.
Altough both of you have a point, that is not the meaning of GAR.

GAR started as a typo of gay, but it was given a meaning. A true GAR character is a character that both inspires and astonishes you, because of a lot of things, but mainly their attitude, passion, perseverance, courage, strength, etc, and thus creating some kind of a false feeling of gay for a male character (because it started with Archer and the original post was made by a man).
All those values were given that word, GAR, that can be assosiated with any character, but of course, will be mostly assosiated to male characters, since the mayority of people that know the word are males.
I think women can be GAR. Personally, I think Mana from Sola is gar to the core, always risking herself for her friends, with both courage and strength (she sure knows how to run), but with no specific special abilities, which gives her a sense of humility and simplicity.

Hey, my two cents. Voted for K1, btw.
Old 2008-02-04, 16:49   Link #680
mac_pack

Location: On top of Mount Slecka in the valley of Raccon Don O.
Well unless the proxy bandit comes, K1 will win.

http://saigar08.michaeldodd.net/res/battle_0203.txt

Next round it's naGARsumi all the way.
Closed Thread