AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-12, 16:30   Link #601
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

It sure seems like Agatha is emitting youki to me Isn't that the reason Clare and the gang came to Rabona in the first place? They did not sense Miata and Clarice, that is for sure. And a high rank Awakened being going nuts like Agatha would be a beacon to their location as it already has been. An awakened being going down earlier was enough to draw Riful out to go after Audrey and Rachel. She gaged them as powerful Claymores and just had to double check to see if they could do youki sensing. She even greeted them as hunters knowing full well that they had just finished a mission. And I doubt that AB was a former number 2, although it is possible.

I do not think the Organization has the ability to track the ghosts until they sick Miata on them (she really seems like the most dangerous factor for the Ghosts), but they are certainly getting enough witnesses to confirm their existence. So far the Ghosts have saved/are saving 9 active claymores including at least 4 single digits. If they keep this up the organization is going to see a pattern. Riful already knows that they will save active claymores and their next encounter may not be a simple escape. So far Isley is really the only one in the dark at this point.
Old 2008-02-12, 18:10   Link #602
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Question - So is the majority saying that they (the Ghosts) should stop saving their fellow warriors in favor of the element of surprise for their mission?

Personally, I think that Miria has already thought about this. Sure, acting like this will definitely send up flags around the continent that renegade Dark Claymore are running around. But I see this as pretty sweet opprotunity to screw with the ORG from within.
Old 2008-02-12, 18:21   Link #603
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Question - So is the majority saying that they (the Ghosts) should stop saving their fellow warriors in favor of the element of surprise for their mission?

Personally, I think that Miria has already thought about this. Sure, acting like this will definitely send up flags around the continent that renegade Dark Claymore are running around. But I see this as pretty sweet opprotunity to screw with the ORG from within.
But I wonder... from what we've seen so far it doesn't really seem like the new generation of claymores has enough honor and independant thought to actually feel any kinda of debt to the renegades for saving them. Really, the smart thing to do if you wanna take down the Org is to let all the warriors die from stupidity the way they seem naturally prone to, leaving the Org severely weakened, but that would just go against all the ideals that the rogues are fighting for.

Btw, this is my first post here since reading chapter 77... has anyone else joined the Miata fan club now that she's actually said a line other than 'Mama'?
I've always thought she was the most interesting next-gen Claymore introduced so far, but it seemed like few others shared my opinion. Did this chapter win anyone over?
Old 2008-02-12, 18:56   Link #604
stringer13
Irene's #1 Fan

True Audrey did say that she would point her sword at the Ghosts without hesitation in the future. She did give info on Galatea, and on Alicia unintentionally but she is still disrespecting her saviours.
Old 2008-02-12, 19:05   Link #605
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Actually I rather like the little nutcase. I was just concered that if I got too attached She'd go and awaken, or be all monsterous and insane. But the events of the last chapter have made her seem more human to me.

Now for something utterly ludicrous.

Miatia is in fact Miria's daughter. Look at the similer names! It's obvious! Remember I called it first.
Or not.
Old 2008-02-12, 19:13   Link #606
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Miria -> Miata & Clare -> Clarice ?

I have liked Miata since she pwnd all those youma with her bare hands. Although I especially liked her in the most recent chapter. She really loves Clarice. I agree with negative dark though that something very bad might happen with her.

As for whether the ghosts should keep saving people, I think it is a good thing they are doing. I just don't think that the organization necessarily rewards good things. Irene had nothing personal against Teresa when she was sent to kill her. It is just how the organization functions. I don't imagine that most Claymores are as kind hearted as Galatea when it comes to their missions. Especially because of what happens to claymores who don't obey the rules.

If the ghosts had not jumped in earlier the organization would be 8 claymores short, including a bunch of their single digits and 1 still psychotic Miata who they couldn't use. Riful getting minions would probably just result in more carnage between the abyssals which would only make it easier for a stealthy operation. But the ghosts want to help Claymores. I just hope their good will is returned some how. I am not sure how they plan to get revenge on the organization if they keep helping the members. Are they going to go after the MiB's then? Really I do not know what Miria's plan is at the moment. I do not know if she even has one (although I really hope she does). She seemed rather concerned about Alicia so that might be central to their operations for some reason. Maybe they want to usurp power from the org and put the MiB's out of business.
Old 2008-02-12, 19:26   Link #607
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I feel as though she wants to expose them to the world - what they do, what they really are, etc. Will she try to usurp power? That depends. It's still a viable option. If they have enough doubt floating around the current Claymores as is, if/when she exposes the MiB, a coup is definitely in the works.

Claymores are still needed but not in the fashion that they are in right now and that, if anything, would be the thing that needs changing.
Old 2008-02-12, 20:40   Link #608
Siegzon Caritas
Yuma! I CAN fight, too!

Send a message via MSN to Siegzon Caritas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I feel as though she wants to expose them to the world - what they do, what they really are, etc. Will she try to usurp power? That depends. It's still a viable option. If they have enough doubt floating around the current Claymores as is, if/when she exposes the MiB, a coup is definitely in the works.

Claymores are still needed but not in the fashion that they are in right now and that, if anything, would be the thing that needs changing.
I think the Pieta incident broke their conditioning to the org just as Galatea's age and thoughtful ways and good heart helped her to see the injustice of the Org. So now they are free agents who have come out from under some very bad people. Just random doogoodery is fine by me But Clare still has that Raki quest and we all know where he is . . .
Old 2008-02-12, 21:19   Link #609
Zsych

In Priscilla's stomach?
Old 2008-02-12, 22:10   Link #610
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by [thousandmaster] View Post
Alicia and Beth are getting special treatment. Why would they wear black claymore attire if they're not? And the only reward for a claymore is gettin' promoted to a higher number, that is if one of them kicks the bucket.
As someone said in an earlier thread, they're probably wearing black because their suits are made out of the same stretchy stuff that parts of Helen's suit is made of. That way they don't need a new set of armour after each awakening. Of course, technically only one of them should need it...
Old 2008-02-13, 00:07   Link #611
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsych View Post
In Priscilla's stomach?
Or her bed.
Old 2008-02-13, 01:07   Link #612
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
As someone said in an earlier thread, they're probably wearing black because their suits are made out of the same stretchy stuff that parts of Helen's suit is made of. That way they don't need a new set of armour after each awakening. Of course, technically only one of them should need it...

I wondered about that also. One possibility would be that they can switch roles if the need arises. However that is pure speculation of myself. I am not sure if the "soul-link" would work both ways like that.

If indeed only Alicia could awaken then indeed it would't make sense fashion sense aside for Beth to wear the same 'special' black armour.
Old 2008-02-13, 01:12   Link #613
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

Raki's not dead
Old 2008-02-13, 01:33   Link #614
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
I wondered about that also. One possibility would be that they can switch roles if the need arises. However that is pure speculation of myself. I am not sure if the "soul-link" would work both ways like that.

If indeed only Alicia could awaken then indeed it would't make sense fashion sense aside for Beth to wear the same 'special' black armour.
The way Rubel said it seemed to imply that both twins were capable of transforming.
Old 2008-02-13, 03:22   Link #615
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
It sure seems like Agatha is emitting youki to me Isn't that the reason Clare and the gang came to Rabona in the first place?
Nah, unless we go back to the Claymore-teleport theory, of course. The Ghost 7 had to be already close to Rabona when Agatha went wild. In the same way, if any people from the org were near, it would be at best yet another coincidence, and Claymore can do without more of these. (Miria finding her friend's Claymore, oh really? Clarice accidentally stumbling on Claymore graveyard? Ghosts showing up in the North and Rabona in the nick of time? Clare being just at the precise location where Jean's comrade asks for help? Raki meeting Priscilla? Clare being rescued in the nick of time by Irene or Galatea? The fabulous four all surviving Pieta? )

Well, I guess Lune's range could be extreme, that she coincidentally chose to go observe Agatha out of all the ABs on the continent, but to not interverne in any way, and that she arrived just as Miata, Clarice and the Ghost 7 reached the town. Of course in that case, I wouldn't be surprised if Riful and Isley just beamed down too, it's the hip thing to be in Rabona at the moment.

Of course all that doesn't answers why the org would be observing instead of taking part in the first place.
Old 2008-02-13, 04:01   Link #616
ergon

Things would get kind of weird with Pris and Raki as he is almost a grown man now and she is still 13 or whatever

And I'm sure its been mentioned before but whats with Priscilla's height change?
Old 2008-02-13, 08:16   Link #617
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
Nah, unless we go back to the Claymore-teleport theory, of course. The Ghost 7 had to be already close to Rabona when Agatha went wild. In the same way, if any people from the org were near, it would be at best yet another coincidence, and Claymore can do without more of these.
I believe it was not coincidence Clare and the others were close to Rabona.

Most likely, Clare is still searching for Raki, and decided to go to the City where she and Raki made some friends 7 years ago, thinking in ask about him. And by chance, they sense the youki of a strong A.O. and run to there, just in time to save everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergon View Post
Things would get kind of weird with Pris and Raki as he is almost a grown man now and she is still 13 or whatever

And I'm sure its been mentioned before but whats with Priscilla's height change?
Unless of course after 7 years he became a LOLIKON!

Anyway, in a blink Priscilla can turn into a 2 meters tall monster. Why not to fake a normal human growth in order to deceive Raki?

And besides, we don't know if he was really spending all his time with her. Maybe he spent most of these 7 years searching for Clare, too.
Old 2008-02-13, 09:00   Link #618
Flar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
I believe it was not coincidence Clare and the others were close to Rabona.
You don't understand, I didn't mean it was a coincidence they visited Rabona, I said it was a coincidence they did it at the precisely right moment to make a dramatic entrance during the culmination of the Agatha/Miata/Galatea fight. Certainly, you cannot argue that in this seven years, a Miata/Clarice team could not have come when the ghosts were not there, or that they could not have come after the ghost passed by.

Of course there are story reasons, but from a meta story point of view, the author is pushing it a lot with these chance meetings and close rescues everytime.
Old 2008-02-13, 09:20   Link #619
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I personally still don't see how people see Priscilla loli-material, she looks way older, around Clare's age to be honest, she is just short.
Old 2008-02-13, 09:29   Link #620
Voracious Reader
異常読欲者

Part of it is a selection effect. The author doesn't bother to tell the story of those who aren't rescued in time unless they have an impact on those who survive.
Closed Thread