AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-17, 20:52   Link #361
Nicole Louis
Renji girl

Lucky Star. I can't understand why people like it so much. Sure, it seemed real cute at first. But after watching a few torturous episodes of girls rambling about a bunch of nonsense, I began to despise it.
Old 2008-02-18, 03:25   Link #362
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
Would I be shot if I said The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?
Mabey I don't hate it but it's not something I would egerly look foward to.
Nah, you and I are in the same page.

I guess Gundam 00 took its toll on me now....
Old 2008-02-18, 04:12   Link #363
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Louis View Post
Lucky Star. I can't understand why people like it so much. Sure, it seemed real cute at first. But after watching a few torturous episodes of girls rambling about a bunch of nonsense, I began to despise it.
Well, you'd probably have to understand the anime references to really enjoy the show. Kanon, Full Metal Panic!, and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and heavily played upon. Other major references include Initial D, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Da Capo, and others, and there are many, many, minor references to anime/manga, a few: Fate/Stay Night, Fullmetal Alchemist, Galaxy Angel, Cromartie High School, Pani Poni Dash!, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sgt. Frog, and so many more it's probably impossible to list.
But yes, if you don't really get any of them, it won't be nearly as enjoyable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRaven View Post
Nah, you and I are in the same page.

I guess Gundam 00 took its toll on me now....
Lies! No one doesn't like Haruhi Suzumiya!

mmm.. I don't get what you're saying about Gundam 00, either. Are you saying that it's good or bad?
Old 2008-02-18, 08:34   Link #364
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Lies! No one doesn't like Haruhi Suzumiya!

mmm.. I don't get what you're saying about Gundam 00, either. Are you saying that it's good or bad?
Check my previous posts dude, and you'll see that I serve no 'god'.

And Gundam 00 is already becoming a bore to me. I'll let the new Gundam guys and gals take over from here then; I guess it's not my thing anymore.

Last edited by RavenHawk; 2008-02-18 at 08:52.
Old 2008-02-18, 23:14   Link #365
reflection
gyabo!~

Send a message via MSN to reflection
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Hmm, I've also found that a great deal of the Japanese people tend to like animes based on baseball; I faintly remember reading somewhere that Major was popular (and it now has a fourth season that no one outside of Japan watches), and another baseball themed anime was placed quite high in a poll of the best anime series of 2007. Though I'm not saying everyone likes it, who here would watch an anime about baseball? (this is not a rhetorical question. I wouldn't. And you?)
Are you referring to Ookiku Furikabutte? I'm actually following that series, and I'm in no way a baseball fan. In fact, I'm probably at the opposite end of the spectrum. This series, however, has an interesting vibe with a set of likeable characters. It's also quite different from your usual shounen sports series. The "action" involved in the series is more centered around thought process/logic and dialogue; pacing for the anime also reflects this. So far, there hasn't been some random power-up here and there, and hopefully never will. What also has me is that the catcher, Takaya Abe, is reminiscient of Kyon from the Haruhi Suzumiya! (At least to me.) Although his character a lot more productive, heh.

You mentioned Major. Tthe Japanese love their baseball, which may explain the majority of the audience and its popularity. Me? I don't see myself going through the series any time soon. =P
Old 2008-02-19, 03:15   Link #366
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Suzumiya Haruhi,Death Note,Myself Yourself and also Da Capo.

True,the animation for both Suzumiya and Death Note are good,but the story wasn't that appealing.

As for Suzumiya,it seems like a slice of life anime with a bit of twist here and there and sci-fi elements.I just couldn't get myself to like it.

Death Note on the other hand is good but the later half of the story kill my interest off.

Dont know what is so nice about Myself Yourself.It looks just like another of those romance animes,and the dramas in it weren't that captivating.Ending wasn't that great either.

Da Capo has got to be one of the most boring romance animes i have ever watched.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:06   Link #367
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRaven View Post
Check my previous posts dude, and you'll see that I serve no 'god'.

And Gundam 00 is already becoming a bore to me. I'll let the new Gundam guys and gals take over from here then; I guess it's not my thing anymore.
Once again, I see that sarcasm isn't easily interpreted without tone of voice and body language as aid. But yes, that was sarcasm.
Since Gundam 00 was mentioned, I'll take this chance to say "Sunrise phails." (Here thar be flamin'.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
Suzumiya Haruhi,Death Note,Myself Yourself and also Da Capo.

True,the animation for both Suzumiya and Death Note are good,but the story wasn't that appealing.

As for Suzumiya,it seems like a slice of life anime with a bit of twist here and there and sci-fi elements.I just couldn't get myself to like it.

Death Note on the other hand is good but the later half of the story kill my interest off.

Dont know what is so nice about Myself Yourself.It looks just like another of those romance animes,and the dramas in it weren't that captivating.Ending wasn't that great either.

Da Capo has got to be one of the most boring romance animes i have ever watched.
Eh, Da Capo and Myself; Yourself aren't really "Anime that everyone seems to like", as even on these boards, relatively few people have heard of Da Capo, and Myself; Yourself isn't really a great series anyway.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is really a hit-or-miss series, though the fact that it's so overrated proves that a lot more people are on the "hit" end of the spectrum. But yes, I can easily see how you could dislike it, and since my many attempts at sarcasm have failed, I will not throw out a "no one doesn't like Haruhi" this time.
Or maybe I will: Pssh, no one doesn't like Haruhi!
And yes, I will agree with you in that the second arc/section/story/etc. of Death Note was quite weak, especially in comparison to the manga. (This second arc/section/story is referring to after the death of a character that was important to the central plot and would merit spoiler tags had I revealed his or her name. Which I won't.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reflection View Post
Are you referring to Ookiku Furikabutte? I'm actually following that series, and I'm in no way a baseball fan. In fact, I'm probably at the opposite end of the spectrum. This series, however, has an interesting vibe with a set of likeable characters. It's also quite different from your usual shounen sports series. The "action" involved in the series is more centered around thought process/logic and dialogue; pacing for the anime also reflects this. So far, there hasn't been some random power-up here and there, and hopefully never will. What also has me is that the catcher, Takaya Abe, is reminiscient of Kyon from the Haruhi Suzumiya! (At least to me.) Although his character a lot more productive, heh.

You mentioned Major. Tthe Japanese love their baseball, which may explain the majority of the audience and its popularity. Me? I don't see myself going through the series any time soon. =P
Ah, I see. Thank you for the explanation and such.
Also, my fellow [United States of] Americans (since fellow USA-ans doesn't flow) are quite fond of our football, but we don't have any moveis or television series abo-
oh yeah.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:09   Link #368
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Personally I've seen more people who really liked Haruhi then just somehow hate it due to it becoming overrated and overpraised. I'm not sure I understood that logic yet, since what people think about an anime shouldn't affect if you like it or not.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:11   Link #369
Oppius
Banned

SHnY is not overrated or overhyped but overpraised. It got too many merits that it shouldn't.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:13   Link #370
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
SHnY is not overrated or overhyped but overpraised. It got too many merits that it shouldn't.
And that may be (it's not on my top ten, but I loved it), but the solution isn't to suddenly hate it to "balance out" with it being overpraised.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:17   Link #371
SinsI

Kannon, Air, Da Cappo, Shuffle... - I seriously hate character design in those(or rather lack of one), all of them just look the same to me (color&cut the hair, dress them up in the same clothes - and you won't be able to tell the difference), like some kind of mass-produced dolls.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:23   Link #372
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Kannon, Air, Da Cappo, Shuffle... - I seriously hate character design in those(or rather lack of one), all of them just look the same to me (color&cut the hair, dress them up in the same clothes - and you won't be able to tell the difference), like some kind of mass-produced dolls.
You hate it because of the character designs?
Old 2008-02-19, 04:39   Link #373
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Come back after you've finished smokin' that doobie.
So are you saying that characters from those different series look alike? (Because they don't, at all, in any way, except that Kanon and Air's characters share the same large bishoujo eyes.), or that characters within the series all look alike? (Because they don't, at all, in any way, except Nerine and Lycoris/Licorice, because they are in fact, twins, and Mako and Moe (haha, her name's Moe.), because they are sisters [though they still don't look remotely alike. Actually, maybe remotely.], oh, and Misaki and Yoriko, since they, in fact, share the same body, though one lacks the ears.)
I could stand to say that Nayuki looks astonishingly like her mother, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
You hate it because of the character designs?
Eh, I disliked True Tears and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann at first because of their character designs (except Yoko), but I got over it pretty quickly.
Old 2008-02-19, 12:18   Link #374
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Everyone seems to love Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien but I don't really see why it's so awesome. I don't hate it but in my opinion it's extremely overrated and the characters make really stupid decisions.
Old 2008-02-19, 13:25   Link #375
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Everyone seems to love Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien but I don't really see why it's so awesome. I don't hate it but in my opinion it's extremely overrated and the characters make really stupid decisions.
Stupid decisions..?

Well, this is all purely based on anyone's opinion, I found them wise.

Not going to type out a wall of text to convince over anyone.. (No offense)

All I have to say is:

Mitsuki - definitely one of my favourite female characters, all-time.

Back on topic: I dislike Nodame Cantabile and Suzuka.

I seriously thought real-life adaptation (Yes, NC has one) will be a much better choice.
Old 2008-02-19, 14:37   Link #376
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
Stupid decisions..?

All I have to say is:

Yeah I've done too much of that in the KgNE forum. My favorite character is still Haruka, but nevertheless it's my number one favorite anime. Difference in opinion I guess!

Quote:
Back on topic: I dislike Nodame Cantabile and Suzuka.

I seriously thought real-life adaptation (Yes, NC has one) will be a much better choice.
Score! High five for liking Suzuka. Nodame Cantabile was kinda hit or miss. I loved it because I've played and listened to classical since...I can't remember.
Old 2008-02-19, 14:48   Link #377
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Main reason why I love school days so much

If you are going for stupid, might as well make it realistically over the top. Half assed stupidity isn't even funny.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-19, 15:00   Link #378
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Stupid decisions..?

All I have to say is:

Meh, I didn't like her at all later on in the series and I don't think Takayuki should have chosen her either.
Old 2008-02-19, 15:50   Link #379
esfir
hepcat

Quote:
i completely agree, with the exception that i do actually hate KgNE. the only time i shed a tear during that entire series was upon the realisation that i had wasted several hours of my life watching that show, with the expectation that it would somehow get better. the characters either needed to develop personalities or exchange them for entirely different ones--preferably with the help of medication and psychotherapy.

i could not stand mitsuki. if she were a real person, i would honestly like to slap her across the face, and i am not remotely a violent person. the only person i maybe liked in that entire series was akane, and she was only a secondary character.

another popular series i disliked was death note. it had interesting moments, but by and large it put me to sleep. it was even worse after misa showed up--i swear, every time she made an appearance, my immediate response was "uGHghghhhhh"
Old 2008-02-19, 16:36   Link #380
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfir View Post
i completely agree, with the exception that i do actually hate KgNE. the only time i shed a tear during that entire series was upon the realisation that i had wasted several hours of my life watching that show, with the expectation that it would somehow get better. the characters either needed to develop personalities or exchange them for entirely different ones--preferably with the help of medication and psychotherapy.

i could not stand mitsuki. if she were a real person, i would honestly like to slap her across the face, and i am not remotely a violent person. the only person i maybe liked in that entire series was akane, and she was only a secondary character.

another popular series i disliked was death note. it had interesting moments, but by and large it put me to sleep. it was even worse after misa showed up--i swear, every time she made an appearance, my immediate response was "uGHghghhhhh"
In my opinion it's better to have a controversial series like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien where half really loved it and half just hates it, instead of an anime where it's just okay, cliché, everyone kinda likes it, not many hates it.

Akane: Heave-ho, heave-ho, heave-ho. This is how Haru found the real treasure.

And I love Akane.
Closed Thread