5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.90%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.45%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-18, 12:44   Link #321
Jimmy C

Especially with Nadleeh's "hidden feature".
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 12:50   Link #322
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
As for the ring, please remember the symbolism. A ring on the right hand means a widow, while left hand means marriage. Losing the left hand means that she can't take it in the spirit it's intended; that was her decision, and Saji respects it.
Lots of professional pianists get rings where the stone can be detached and then re-attached inside the ring and they then wear it around their neck. Doesn't mean that they are not married, just the thing gets in the way.

The symbolism is what is in the heart; marriage vows and all that wot not, mean nothing if you don't truly love the person. I mean all those disabled people in the world who lost limbs or were born without them ain't going to say "Oh we can't get married coz I don't have a hand" are they. Love conquers all and I need to throw up after reading what I wrote

*EDIT*
In regards to her decision... I thought she was apologising for not being able to wear the ring he worked so hard to buy... There is no decision there imho.

Also consider what she is going through right now. She just got KO'd by life is a bi**h Tyson style. Personally if it was me I would have complained about the nurse who charged in without realising what was going on and judging me for finding out they my gf/fiancée had lost her family and lost her arm. Bedside manners involves not just the patient but the people around too. Next I would have spoken to a psychologist and asked how should to deal with Louise as she must be suffering from trauma. At no point were we shown that he took any advice about how to deal with the situation and I'm pretty sure that no doctor would say "yeah go off and chase your dreams and leave this poor girl who lost her family and limb on her own". Unless of course said doctor is a hottie who is after a bit of additional patient care!

Last edited by grey_moon; 2008-02-18 at 13:00.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 13:21   Link #323
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I wonder how long does it take to collect all Virtue's armor
Old 2008-02-18, 13:23   Link #324
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
I mean Japan centric, as in the writers are all Japanese, and untill/unless we go off Earth into Space, the series revolves around Japan, (Louise, Saji both living in Japan). The GM 79 is just a Gundam with a different head and more Grunt Orange from the Orignal Series. The MP Gundam feels more like a MP Eva than one of the grunts, with the monoeye almost taking up the entire head. Its more like an eyeball than the usual Monoeyes.
Ryand-Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 13:25   Link #325
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post

If every piece has a tracking device it wont take them that long.

Last edited by Illsteir; 2008-02-18 at 13:26. Reason: quote
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 13:31   Link #326
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
If every piece has a tracking device it wont take them that long.
When they're all at the bottom of the sea. Unlike last time, when at least some of the pieces continued flying at a constant velocity after they were ejected in space.

Bah. I'll suspend my disbelief some more.

EDIT: Well if they have armour parts spares(which is plausible), I wonder will dummy Virtues appear as decoys. :3

Last edited by Ottocycle; 2008-02-18 at 13:42.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 13:34   Link #327
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I'm actually surprised a plan like "let's wait until he loses the armor, then we'll steal it" has not been said by the Union.

Actually that's more like 4-koma material.
Old 2008-02-18, 13:51   Link #328
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
Tieria is awesome
And probably isn't even human... maybe.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 14:04   Link #329
Mister Mister
Redshirt

I'm certain it's been said before, but I'm betting that Tieria is 'just' a cyborg with computer interfacing implants.
Mister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 14:19   Link #330
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm actually surprised a plan like "let's wait until he loses the armor, then we'll steal it" has not been said by the Union.

Actually that's more like 4-koma material.
1. It should be one piece.

2. Graham should nuzzle up to it.

3. Billy should watch from afar with a sweatdrop.

4. Tieria w/Nadleeh should be wondering where the crotch-guard is.

4koma goodness!
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 14:21   Link #331
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
As for separating, from my understanding Louise only sent Saji back so that he wouldn't fall behind in classes while she recovered, not that she was breaking up the relationship. She'll likely come back.
It definiently seemed like the end the way she was speaking. You'd think she was going to be in that hospital for the rest of her life. Like how Saji couldn't stay there "forever" and that he needed to live her dream for her.

I really thought we'd get more post-recovery scenes with Saji and Louise. At the very least go to the funeral for her family together.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 14:40   Link #332
Traece
:cool:

I kind of liked Louise, just a tiny tiny bit. She wasn't too annoying in personality, but she wasn't too bad either. Now I just think she's seriousl exaggerating things. Ok, she lost her entire family, I can understand that. But as far as her condition from the attack... She lost her left hand... ... There's thousands of people who have lived normal lives minus an entire limb, and possibly even one of their senses. In any case... I was more interested in that last scene, looks like someone is pulling some pipelines(strings are too small to use this time...) and planning something sinister. Gundam 00 just seems to get better and better, plus that battle was seriously entertaining. It seems now that it's not so much the Meisters are lacking in skill(although they still are) as much as their enemies have a good amount of decent pilots. The Thrones should know that well by now.
As far as retrieving that armor... Swiper no swiping! <_<
Old 2008-02-18, 15:29   Link #333
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Now I just think she's seriousl exaggerating things. Ok, she lost her entire family, I can understand that. But as far as her condition from the attack... She lost her left hand... ... There's thousands of people who have lived normal lives minus an entire limb, and possibly even one of their senses. In any case... <_<
The girl only lost her family and hand a few days ago, she needs time to adjust.
Yes thousands of people have gone on to live normal lives with such handicaps, but how do you think they reacted right AFTER they became handicapped. I would say most of them probably reacted he same way, if not worse than Louise is reacting; going through a period of serious depression. Really, when they become handicapped due to an accident of some sort, it takes a long time to adjust and realize that they can still have a normal life
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 15:51   Link #334
GourangaPizza

Why are all the episodes rated perfect 10? I sense excessive fanboyism in that...
Back on topic, more than 8 minutes of flashback of previous scenes, (E.g. Saji and Louise's romance, Setsuna's conflict) the producers are obviously slacking alot. Ep16 has already done all the necessary rehashing of the scenes IMHO. So no excuse there.

And I sense the producers have rushed abit on the part which Lockon had a face-off with Setsuna. Its weird for a guy who bore hatred to terrorists to easily forgive or understand Setsuna within such a short frame. Especially when Setsuna used to have associations with the terrorists who killed Lockon's parents. Maybe they are trying to get this subplot done and over with so as to introduce new plot elements in next episode? They could instead elaborate more on Lockon's anguish and struggles instead of putting in 8 minutes worth of rehash and having him just laugh off the whole thing. Pretty stupid to 'dumb down' such a good character.
GourangaPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 16:07   Link #335
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
It definiently seemed like the end the way she was speaking. You'd think she was going to be in that hospital for the rest of her life. Like how Saji couldn't stay there "forever" and that he needed to live her dream for her.

I really thought we'd get more post-recovery scenes with Saji and Louise. At the very least go to the funeral for her family together.
I think that this is more story-driven: we're about to encounter a timeskip of anywhere from days to a few weeks (while the Thrones repair, while the powers get used to their new GN drives, etc.), and the director didn't want to have Saji out of school for so long. If we had another episode to burn, it would make sense, but since we're approaching the half-season finale, character space is limited. Kinue may or may not die next episode (I don't know, don't tell me), but Saji will be needed in Tokyo soon.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 16:27   Link #336
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

We're probably not getting another Gundam battle for a long time. 10 for me for the battle and then character development.

I am beginning to think that Neena screwing Veda was a red herring. What if Amuro did it, as he smiled when Tieria got shut out...maybe he's a cyborg as much as Tieria is.
Old 2008-02-18, 17:02   Link #337
Bring d0wn tEh Sky
For Great Justice !!

Quote:
Why are all the episodes rated perfect 10? I sense excessive fanboyism in that...
Back on topic, more than 8 minutes of flashback of previous scenes, (E.g. Saji and Louise's romance, Setsuna's conflict) the producers are obviously slacking alot. Ep16 has already done all the necessary rehashing of the scenes IMHO. So no excuse there.
gni ? *Some* of the scenes were new materials. Still it's not at the same level as GSD huh were we had almost every battle with reused footage. They even tried to insert the Strike in place of Freedom, believing we wuddn't see it

I gave the ep a 10, because, well I like this show, but maybe I'm not too objective ??!

Oh and also I can't wait for the next SRW... I'll have Neena's butt kicked by Amuro
Bring d0wn tEh Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 17:12   Link #338
Nuiihren

Quote:
And I sense the producers have rushed abit on the part which Lockon had a face-off with Setsuna. Its weird for a guy who bore hatred to terrorists to easily forgive or understand Setsuna within such a short frame
No, it's not. Lockon had his feelings under control in that sort of situation - I mean, wow, he sure has a lot of selfcontrol. He is smart enough to understand that it wasn't Setsunas fault and that he was still just a child soldier who didn't really understand what he was doing. I would say it MIGHT be different if Setsuna was really the one who killed Lockon's family. But he wasn't.
Nuiihren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 17:15   Link #339
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GourangaPizza View Post

And I sense the producers have rushed abit on the part which Lockon had a face-off with Setsuna. Its weird for a guy who bore hatred to terrorists to easily forgive or understand Setsuna within such a short frame. Especially when Setsuna used to have associations with the terrorists who killed Lockon's parents. Maybe they are trying to get this subplot done and over with so as to introduce new plot elements in next episode? They could instead elaborate more on Lockon's anguish and struggles instead of putting in 8 minutes worth of rehash and having him just laugh off the whole thing. Pretty stupid to 'dumb down' such a good character.
If Setsuna was a stranger then yes it would be strange. But he knows Setsuna and now understands a lot of his actions which made no sense at the time. It's obvious that Setsuna has no love for his past. And that he's doing what he can to try and prevent others from experiencing that past.
Old 2008-02-18, 17:19   Link #340
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

On another note, this episode casts the thrones in a different light. Johann isn't as utterly calm as we originally thought, and Michael isn't ax crazy either. He didn't fly off the wall but waited for Johann's orders. Furthermore, I am finding it hard to stay angry at Neena after it was revealed that someone in Louise's family was filthy stinking rich enough to own a rail line that potentially transported military hardware. It seems the case with Louise's family is that they flaunted their wealth to such an extent that they left themselves completely wide open. I mean gee, an entire castle out in the middle of nowhere?

It seems that Neena is only as much of a spoiled brat as Louise with basically no comprehension of what she really does. It seems to her, everything is bright light loud noise fun, sort of like if we felt evil in a flight simulator and decided to drop a thermonuclear bomb on some out of the way place just to see it go boom.

Either way, I find it too hard to stay angry at Neena. She's just too funny.