AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-14, 17:49   Link #181
Stickels
Just passing by

I'm not a fan of swords... pistol > sword, move into the 21st century allready.

I'll admit they're kinda fun though, I own a sword, but I wouldn't see a point in taking a serious sword fighting class.
Old 2003-11-14, 18:13   Link #182
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
yeah, buts its still mostly for fun, like i said b4, no-ones really gonna carry a sword around anyway and if u did u'd be arrested, by the way kakashi ur sig. is awesome.
Old 2003-11-14, 18:16   Link #183
Stickels
Just passing by

why would you be arrested?

as long as its not a concealed weapon it should be perfectly legal... in some states, in others you might need a licence (calfornia)
Old 2003-11-14, 18:17   Link #184
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

i mean if u do anything with it, even as much as swinging it around can get u bagged i think.
Old 2003-11-14, 20:48   Link #185
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickels
I'm not a fan of swords... pistol > sword, move into the 21st century allready.

I'll admit they're kinda fun though, I own a sword, but I wouldn't see a point in taking a serious sword fighting class.
cuz wooden sticks and swords are legal while pistols are not.
u can use umbrellas...
pistols kill, sticks hurt. Im not gonna kill someone over a fight
sword lessons increase strength, concentration, and speed. shooting classes increase accuracy, shooting skills. nothing more
becuz in korea u get more grls by becoming a swordsman. (thats right in korea the popular guys are swordsmen rather than football players or something)
for me its my culture, history, tradition. Its nationalism
if ure gonna carry a gun around, no point in learning any MA or training for physical strength

tats why taking serious sword classes is good.
some countries teaches u sword fighting in their military. Its like the US who learns how to fight with staffs. u wouldnt believe how much stronger u get from it

I think in USA all swords are illegal unless they are dull. But u wont get arrested if they saw u, and they're not gonna look around ure house. IF you have it out in public thats a different story.
Old 2003-11-14, 21:02   Link #186
Stickels
Just passing by

um... there's definatly still a point in learning MA if your gonna have a pistol, for those situations where the guy is to close, or at like school, or any other place you arn't allowed to carry a gun in.

and they are to legal to carry around, you just have to be licenced.

and I can't really see myself ever going to korea either.
Old 2003-11-14, 21:47   Link #187
7hour.4mdy!

Send a message via ICQ to 7hour.4mdy!
Quote:
um... there's definatly still a point in learning MA if your gonna have a pistol, for those situations where the guy is to close, or at like school, or any other place you arn't allowed to carry a gun in.

and they are to legal to carry around, you just have to be licenced.

and I can't really see myself ever going to korea either.
put ur pistol into ur ass and blow ^^
Old 2003-11-14, 21:51   Link #188
cyberock

I think Korea is awsome, i haven't been there myself but the idea that its mandatory to learn martial arts is cool
Old 2003-11-14, 22:19   Link #189
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberock
I think Korea is awsome, i haven't been there myself but the idea that its mandatory to learn martial arts is cool
i dont think its mandatory anymore. When i was there mandatory MA in elementary was repealed. But by the age of 7 they expect you to know basic TKD at least. mandatory physical training is there, and its hard. The elementary kids there have it harder than 8th graders in PE class in US.

uh.... u cant shoot anyone with a pistol its illegal. so tats like carrying a sword around ure never gonna use it. Its not like ure gonna get into a gun fight, but in a street fight knowing sword fighting gives u lots of advantages. You can use everything that slightly resembles a sword, from a switch blade to a pencil 100% more effectively than an undisciplined person.

Korea is a nice place. High technology and traditional things mixed.

Korea Town is in LA .... haha
Old 2003-11-14, 22:31   Link #190
cyberock

yeah i see what you mean, but i guess even if training is much harder, it would be really good to get some disipline also physical strength at a young age, i had always wished i was born in the south east, so i would have been trained like that
Old 2003-11-14, 22:32   Link #191
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

yeah sword training makes ur arms beastly.
Old 2003-11-14, 22:41   Link #192
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smee
yeah sword training makes ur arms beastly.
and long quick legs!
tats why sword fighting is so popular in korea

nice upper body, with long legs.
in other words u become tall and buff, but u dont look fat. Kinda like swimmer body. so u dont like big and muscalur like wrestler. U look kinda skinny but easy to tell ur buff and tall. Popular look in korea. In USA ppl are more for the big buff ppl. Japan is more into "pretty-boys"

hahaha but did u guys know lot of the things u see in japanese anime is so differen from actual japanese ppl. They act more like koreans and germans.
Old 2003-11-14, 22:42   Link #193
Stickels
Just passing by

its not ilegal to shoot someone if you are attacked on the street, its self defence, the only problem you have is proving it was self defence, and you worry about that later anyways at least you survived.

if you beat the shit out of them with a stick you find its the same charge, assult with a deadly weapon, so you have the same things to worry about either way.
Old 2003-11-14, 22:58   Link #194
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
its not ilegal to shoot someone if you are attacked on the street, its self defence, the only problem you have is proving it was self defence, and you worry about that later anyways at least you survived.

if you beat the shit out of them with a stick you find its the same charge, assult with a deadly weapon, so you have the same things to worry about either way.
but if you KILL them and u cant prove it as self defense, ure charged with man slaughter. Killing someone with wooden sword is harder.
i dont feel comfortable around guns anyway, 3 ppl were shot at my school at the beginning of the yr, not pretty.
Old 2003-11-14, 23:01   Link #195
Stickels
Just passing by

its not particularly difficult not to shoot someone in a leathal area.

and anyways, it CAN be proven it was self defence if you shot him, most criminals have some kind of a criminal record, if its know he did stuff like this, of course they are going to belive you, especially if you are the one who called the cops.

better him dead than me.
Old 2003-11-14, 23:09   Link #196
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
its not particularly difficult not to shoot someone in a leathal area.

and anyways, it CAN be proven it was self defence if you shot him, most criminals have some kind of a criminal record, if its know he did stuff like this, of course they are going to belive you, especially if you are the one who called the cops.

better him dead than me.

.... ok hahaha but is it even legal for minors to own a gun??

plus swordfighting has lots of other pluses that id take it for. ive mentioned plenty
Old 2003-11-14, 23:56   Link #197
Stickels
Just passing by

yeah, lots of plusses you can get just from working out right.

and no, its not legal for minors to own a gun. You got a point there, minors don't have much money on them either, so I don't think a minor is to likely to be mugged.

the only places your likely to get in fights as a minor will be in school, where if you beat the crap out of the guy with a stick they won't give a crap what you say, your gonna get in way more trouble, basic MA would be better than either for that so... yeah.
Old 2003-11-15, 00:12   Link #198
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:

and no, its not legal for minors to own a gun. You got a point there, minors don't have much money on them either, so I don't think a minor is to likely to be mugged.

the only places your likely to get in fights as a minor will be in school, where if you beat the crap out of the guy with a stick they won't give a crap what you say, your gonna get in way more trouble, basic MA would be better than either for that so... yeah.

no haidong gumdo for sure has proved to give better results than lots of other martial arts in terms of strength, speed, and concentration.

id take hwarang-do with haidong gumdo, together its good.
Old 2003-11-15, 13:16   Link #199
kakashi222

Quote:

Very True Indeed. Martial Arts can be tuaght to anyone willing to learn. But in most cases it should be taught to young ones becuase they would gain alot from the disipline and self-confidence they would learn from martial arts. Also they would be physically prepared for any little fight they might accure with their peers (like in school.)

Of course when your talking about adults fighting with adults, most of the time they would resort to any means of fighting to win.
Old 2003-11-15, 17:50   Link #200
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi222
Very True Indeed. Martial Arts can be tuaght to anyone willing to learn. But in most cases it should be taught to young ones becuase they would gain alot from the disipline and self-confidence they would learn from martial arts. Also they would be physically prepared for any little fight they might accure with their peers (like in school.)

Of course when your talking about adults fighting with adults, most of the time they would resort to any means of fighting to win.
in school most ppl fight "clean" becuz of their reputation.
Closed Thread