AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-07, 12:26   Link #81
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

The anime covered Yukino and all of her family and issues. But even though we see 'his and hers' sides, we don't really fully understand Arima. You don't know about his father or especially his mother. It was a bit of a depressessing arc.

I did want to see more of Tsubasa and her 'brother'

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 14:14   Link #82
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Does any one think the anime will ever get continued in future or not? has there been hints on if it will or will not continue?
Old 2007-11-29, 14:41   Link #83
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Nope, it will probably not get continued. Read earlier posts to explain it.

Old 2008-02-21, 20:09   Link #84
thefinalrune

I just finished watching Kare Kano after picking it up over a year ago (I've been busy). It was a fantastic anime and I can't believe that it finished the way it did. I'll probably have to try and get the manga someday, but I was wondering if someone could spoil it for me. I really want to know what happens to Yukino and Soichiro. The anime left it in such I weird place. Good or bad, can someone send me a message and tell me how it ends? Just a brief conclusion the main characters. Do they make it as a couple? Get married? Have kids? Or do they part? Does Soichiro go nuts? I must know, someone ruin the end for me please!!!!
thefinalrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 03:04   Link #85
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalrune View Post
I was wondering if someone could spoil it for me.
I suggest that you have a read of the Kare Kano manga thread, the ending is discussed there. That way we will not spoil it for those who have not read the manga yet and we can keep this thread on-topic (i.e. discussion about the anime).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 19:15   Link #86
Gaara133
You damn midget!

Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances)

Hey all! I was wondering if there was ever a season 2 or something with this series, it was soo great with awesome music and such. Anyone know?
Gaara133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 22:22   Link #87
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

See this thread

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=3599

Old 2008-03-05, 00:37   Link #88
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara133 View Post
Hey all! I was wondering if there was ever a season 2 or something with this series, it was soo great with awesome music and such. Anyone know?
Nope there was only ever one season. But of course you'd probably have figured that out for yourself if only you'd located and read the thread before posting a brand new thread to ask your question.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 11:59   Link #89
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Just Finished This Anime In Two Days...And I Love It So Much..But The They Should Finish The Story At The Last Ep...>.<
Any Way ...Since There No Second Season I Guess I'll See The Manga...Can't Wait To See It
I Give it 9/10 : )
Old 2008-05-04, 12:52   Link #90
Solafighter
Hige

Im just on the 24th of 26 episodes. Mh well thats why i thought, the series would end on the 24th episode.

Soka soka.
Old 2008-05-25, 23:20   Link #91
Taler
http://typemoon.us

Oh my oh my. This anime is pure brilliance (on a sliding scale. Ep 1-4 (10s) 4-8 (9s), 9-12 (8) rest: medicore crap.

But I only care about the best of the series anyway, and it's fit for my all time favorite award.

I read the manga (all 21), and it's rather incredibly sucky in comparison to the anime. The anime dealt in high comedy, had awe-inspiring direction in the first few episodes (the public approval scene?! the on the stairs - you still haven't given me an answer, face inverts color train runs through scene?!), while the manga dealt in some pretty typical agnst and tacky romance. None of the great direction existed in the manga.

The manga's not worth reading for anyone who's not into completely boring drama, while the first few episodes of the anime are the paradigm of concise character development, empathy creation, humor, and direction.

There's simply no comparison. Everyone who says the manga is superior is baka.
Taler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 14:47   Link #92
Navel

Those scenes are Hideaki Anno's touch. You have them in Neon Genesis Evangelion (the original, not the cheesy new movie), and in Gunbuster too, if you want more.

As for Kare Kano, Anno was ousted sometime around the middle of the series because there were frictions between him and the mangaka concerning on how the anime should be. The sponsors backed off as well, and what you see there in the second half of the series is the end result.
Navel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 16:41   Link #93
Taler

Yes, I'm well aware. Unfortunately Evangelion doesn't match up to Kare Kano's kickassness, and Anno's retired from anime. Are the live action films he direct actually any good?
Old 2008-05-26, 18:02   Link #94
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taler View Post
Oh my oh my. This anime is pure brilliance (on a sliding scale. Ep 1-4 (10s) 4-8 (9s), 9-12 (8) rest: medicore crap.

But I only care about the best of the series anyway, and it's fit for my all time favorite award.

I read the manga (all 21), and it's rather incredibly sucky in comparison to the anime. The anime dealt in high comedy, had awe-inspiring direction in the first few episodes (the public approval scene?! the on the stairs - you still haven't given me an answer, face inverts color train runs through scene?!), while the manga dealt in some pretty typical agnst and tacky romance. None of the great direction existed in the manga.

The manga's not worth reading for anyone who's not into completely boring drama, while the first few episodes of the anime are the paradigm of concise character development, empathy creation, humor, and direction.

There's simply no comparison. Everyone who says the manga is superior is baka.
The anime is directed at a shonen audience, while the manga is clearly a shojo one. Don't use shounen standards to look at a shojo manga. Doesn't work that way.

If I have to choose, I'll still take the manga. The last chapter was worth it, if you ask me. Also, the drama is boring? I find it quite interesting to realise the Arima family's secrets. Without reading the manga, you'll think that Eiko (Soichiro's aunt) is being a bitch for no real reason.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 21:33   Link #95
Aquillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The anime is directed at a shonen audience, while the manga is clearly a shojo one. Don't use shounen standards to look at a shojo manga. Doesn't work that way.

If I have to choose, I'll still take the manga. The last chapter was worth it, if you ask me. Also, the drama is boring? I find it quite interesting to realise the Arima family's secrets. Without reading the manga, you'll think that Eiko (Soichiro's aunt) is being a bitch for no real reason.
I wouldn't call it a shonen anime by any means, though. What's interesting about Kare Kano is that it uses Shonen style and direction to tell a strictly shojo story; there's a few other shows that have tried to pull it off, but I don't think anyone has ever really been that successful. It's a fairly unique show like that.

By comparison... the manga is basically a typical shojo manga. It's not bad, no, but it's hard to deny that you could walk up to the rack anywhere and pull down at least half a dozen decent romance stories just like it. The things that make the anime unique aren't there.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 21:43   Link #96
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

That I would agree. It's just that KK was special to Tsuda-sensei, as it was her first (and to date, only) long series. She did mention that she was surprised by her own ability to "stretch" the story to its length.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-13, 22:55   Link #97
Taler

Quote:
I really doubt the existence of this shonen/shojo dichotomy. It sounds pretty ridiculous to me, what's good is good, and pretty objective.

Quote:
The problem isn't the drama, the problem is bad drama. It's formulaic, ridiculous, unrelatable, insipid, and poorly told. The manga, quite literally, had nothing memorable, while the anime is objectively excellent.

Perhaps I'm setting it to too high a standard? My favorite 'shoujo' series is NANA. I don't think the latter parts of Kare Kano were any good at all, I'm going to definitively repeat myself, I think they're bad.

If you want specific criticism, I can give them, but I think we can all agree that much better story telling and writing exist, and in such copiousness that Kare Kano doesn't deserve to register on the radar.
Old 2008-07-13, 23:24   Link #98
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taler View Post
Since you've read the manga, I'm sure you're aware that the anime followed the manga pretty closely up until the festival (except they gave us crappy recaps for 3 or so feffing episodes). I actually thought the humor matched up quite well, and believe that's one of the reasons Gainax chose the project. It was only until after the festival, when Tsuda decided to change direction - less laughs (were there any at all?) and more serious business - that I started to think it was going overboard with the emoness.

Quote:
The manga's not worth reading for anyone who's not into completely boring drama,
That's really just your personal opinion. I think people should give it a try, especially if you want to know what happens afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillon
By comparison... the manga is basically a typical shojo manga. It's not bad, no, but it's hard to deny that you could walk up to the rack anywhere and pull down at least half a dozen decent romance stories just like it. The things that make the anime unique aren't there.
Typical shoujo would not have a female character who was a total hypocrite, had an ugly personality, and cared only about money (at first, at least). Unless you could name a few (and in that case, I'd like to read them! )
Nervous Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 13:21   Link #99
Taler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
Typical shoujo would not have a female character who was a total hypocrite, had an ugly personality, and cared only about money (at first, at least). Unless you could name a few (and in that case, I'd like to read them! )
Yes, but this situation was resolved by around episode 3, volume 2.

The 'rest', was...

I agree with this reviewer here:
http://www.popcultureshock.com/kare-...to-21/41162/2/

Except I was much less impressed by the drama in the middle volumes, and the series as a whole definitely ended poorly.
Old 2008-07-14, 16:17   Link #100
Nervous Venus

Actually it wasn't close to the end,
Spoiler:
, though I may be wrong. I think I may need to review the anime again to refresh my memory, since I can't recall some of this stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the anime (probably more than the manga), but if you consider that the animation degraded rather swiftly (at ep 14 and on) followed by endless recap , followed by two episodes of " The story so far!" , as a whole, that doesn't fair too well.

I'll have to rewatch it again though. It's definitely a must-watch despite all those negative aspects. You'd be missing out on something really great if you pass this one up.

On another note, I have a lot of beef with this so called "definitive guide". I mean come on now

Quote:
Originally Posted by definitive guide
Soichiro Arima comes from a long line of brilliant doctors and has inherited this brilliance.
Did this person really read the manga/watch the anime and know that Arima's parents were the exact opposite?,

but I'll refrain myself from tearing it apart any further.

Last edited by Nervous Venus; 2008-07-14 at 16:31.
Nervous Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, school life, shojo