AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-25, 11:25   Link #20621
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
[LANCE RIFLE CONFIGURATION]

The Multiform Rifle lurched in his hands, the barrel extending out twice its original distance as the hand guard slipped back and magically reformed into a metal casing with several holes lined up on each side. On the end, a ring closed down on the barrel and flashed, fading into a large muzzle brake while up on the upper reciever above the cartridge ejector, two more rings flashed into place, a high-tech smartscope forming between them.
When the sequenced finished, Crash was left holding a rifle that looked more appropriet for putting holes in small vehicles.

'CRACK! WHOOMP!'

-DODGE?!

If the rippled distortion in the air was any indicator of the brief blue streak in the corner of her vision... something had just gone right past her ear at supersonic velocity.
As her head reflexively spun towards where the ripples were fading away, her mind quickly assessed the event. A Magic bullet of that velocity was simply not possible for a mage. And the range it just got fired at was on par with Nonoha's longest ranged busters. And the only thing that had kept it from hitting her right between the eyes, was tilting her head at the right moment.
The next thing she realized was that if there was an attack that could fire at this range like that, being stationary was not a good idea. She immediately lept sideways, taking off in a blur, intending to keep the shooter from getting another clear shot.
I'd still like to know the mass of the projectile and what kind of velocity decay you're expecting.
Old 2008-02-25, 12:02   Link #20622
Erio
Hiromi

Wow, this place sure exploded yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
You just reminded me that I haven't updated the links for a while (and Aaron, thanks for the help ). Sorry about that, but I've done the update yesterday, changing the template a bit to suit the new format, and also updated on the Templars' spell list.
Thanks.

Quote:
I can understand that. At certain times, I experience frustration to put the scenes into words, and sometimes I feel like kicking the story into a wastebin. Maybe you'd want to co-author with someone, with you directing the ideas and the person putting it into writing? :3
That would surely be good, but everyone here has their own projects and stuff. For now, I will just stick to profile building.

Quote:
What Sisters?
Right here...

"… They who are the Templars, the protectors of the Sacred Circle and Grand Cathedrals, oath-bound defenders of the Goddess’s will, guardians of the Princesses and the Holy Sisters …"

See, we do pay attention to what you write.

Quote:
Thanks. I sort of forced the scenario to reflect on A's, since that's where they're more intimate. And as usual, Hayate needs more screentime!
Totally agreed.

Quote:
Yep, I noticed that, so that's why I said they're "commonly" stored as programs. Since some spells can be cast without device, that sort of fits. I'm careful not to put "all", in any case, but yeah, I get the meaning.
Ah, I see what you did there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Stumbled upon a great picture just now that is perfect for Iza

Now if only I can find pictures that go for the rest of my OC cast...

Her profile will be updated shortly.

@Lowe.

Zestuboushita!

Shinobu Nakajima? Related to Genya at all?
So that's how she looks.

*ahem*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
FINALLY

After a few delays, I finally present the third Belkaranger, Magician of Blue Julie Liu Ming, with the first part of her profile:

Spoiler for Like Water Has No Shape:

More updates to follow
Wow, her story is very, very touching, and very well done. I dont know if Mayura's story is my favorite now...

Transformation Magic will come in very handy. She is certainly better at it than Iris, and since both girls apparently (waiting for the next parts ) have a similar line of work (infiltration and espionage), they could surely exchange ideas and tips, and could even work together at times.

And KirinoAsagi keeps proving why she is the leader.

Weird that Glock didnt say anything when Shinobu was mentioned this time... I guess he was already expecting it, being the 3rd time in the same day she is mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Continuing post, because this must be posted in a single post.

=============

LYRICAL OF TIME REPRISE
FRIEDA JOHANSEN

More of our OC Gunslingers coming up.

@ Thread:
How to make a tsundere character? I've been thinking of making one since I joined this place.
Not much has changed for hot mamaFrieda, I see.

I was hoping to see that pic with her wearing her lab coat again though...

Quote:
Nope, unfortunately. Wish she had been Mai's hot mama

*runs from Mai*
... You mean...

Spoiler for ...her?:

*runs*

Quote:
I don't think Mai would mind if Frieda adopted her... along with Gwen and the rest of the Shadow Ravens
Hopefully she has a lot of stamina to keep up with all the girls...

*runs faster*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Those names are in line with the Culture ship naming scheme. Which, I would expect, is not really equivalent to the canon Nanoha-verse naming scheme.

I mean, come on. Imagine seeing a battlegroup list which goes something like:
  • Flagship: Big Red Button
  • Backup Mobile Command: I Have A Cunning Plan
  • Carrier: We Come In Peace
  • Cruiser: Why Hello There
  • Destroyer: Ask Questions Later
  • Frigate: I Told You So
  • Interdictor: Down Boy
  • Scout: Are You Still There
  • Diplomatic: Compelling Argument
  • And Nanoha's personal ship, Defeat Means Friendship
LOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Bleah, not really satisfied with the story, but I tried to do the best I could to fit in nanohaverse

Here is Kyoya Kibagami

(profile format taken from USB500)

And USB500 is right, it may be easy to find cute girls pics that can match what you has in mind for your female OCs, doing so for males is a pain in the ass.

Spoiler for ID profile:

Spoiler for long story is long:

Spoiler for magic and combat style:

Spoiler for Fluffy stuff:
Story is full of crack, but nice crack. Maybe you should explain who or what exactly are the Archons? Also, just so you know, official sources say that a Linker Core is an organ (confusing but nothing we can do). I dont think you need to change anything, though, since Kyoya may have already had a LC, albeit a very weak one.

Another thing to note is that Kyoya's squad cannot be under Hayate's control because Hayate works for the Mid-Childa Ground Forces. She does not deal with space exploration or recon.

Some funny trivia you have there, too... Finally one of Nanoha's students taking note of her assets. And not only that, also trying to hit on Fate and Teana. This guy is looking for some quick death.

And moves based on fighting games = AWESOME.
Old 2008-02-25, 12:15   Link #20623
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Bleah, not really satisfied with the story, but I tried to do the best I could to fit in nanohaverse

Here is Kyoya Kibagami

And USB500 is right, it may be easy to find cute girls pics that can match what you has in mind for your female OCs, doing so for males is a pain in the ass.

Spoiler for ID profile:

The Barrier Jacket looks sweeet, though he would be better suited under the command of Chrono, as Hayate isn't in charge of space exploration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
One quick question. What if the situation is now reversed? Example, a Neo-belkan mage whose maximum power level is C- but manages to narrowly pass the B ranker test due to skill+luck instead of power. How would said mage be ranked? Scanning would show a C- ranker but official profile would show a B ranker? How would this be resolve?
I would imagine that someone with a max output of C- is not allowed to take the B rank test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
PS: Was the name of the standard staff and spear devices briefly mentioned in the manga ever revealed?
No. 'staffs' and 'spears' was as far as we got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It begs the question though, does he have control after birth, or is it all 'modified' pre-birth with his Sentoukijin tech which allows extensive cybernizations.

If the former, the idea of doing so upon completion seems more harder, but I guess there's no real canon truth for these details.
I would say he has after birth control, though I have no evidence to back up my claim.

Quote:
Clone. And Precia only did that because she wanted "Alicia" at her time of death. Doesn't really relate to Jail's perverted taste.
Clones and artificially creted mages are the same, remember? Both are Project F material. It shows that Jail does has the capabillity of controlling, or otherwise steering, the aging process of artificially created mages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Easy. He'll be ranked B. Ultimately, the rank is a coefficient - you pass the test and you get the grade.

Amy was just analyzing fast. Even then, she's probably not going off pure power. She'll also sees them firing, and can do a fast evaluation of their magic control efficiencies as well to approximately place them at AAA.
I disagree on this part. Ranks are always use to gauge the ower of mages, spells, items, to have someone who is C- ranked B would clash with the system. If Teana and Subaru were promoted mainly because they already were above C-level, then the reverse should also be true.
Old 2008-02-25, 12:28   Link #20624
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I disagree on this part. Ranks are always use to gauge the ower of mages, spells, items, to have someone who is C- ranked B would clash with the system. If Teana and Subaru were promoted mainly because they already were above C-level, then the reverse should also be true.
Actually, the first time those ranks showed up, they were already said to be not a power, but a coefficient. The fact that people are placed through a battery of practical tests rather than just having their linker core measured shows clearly that it is mostly about accomplishing tasks and thus is a coefficient test. If someone can do B-rank feats, the system does not care a whole lot whether his power is C or A.

In fact, the very rapid development of Subaru and co is itself a proof it is a coefficient. It is much more plausible for them to have been underactualized in technique than for them to have gone through major leaps in raw power output in a year.

[Pure aside]Wild Goose and ATC, about the radar business a couple of pages back. Birds are indeed filtered out of radar systems, but it is more a function of speed rather than RCS - the radar's MTI or doppler function filters away returns that show low velocity, even if they are huge (like chaff clouds). In the current world of stealthy missiles, no radar will throw away a small return if its speed is high.[/Pure aside]
Old 2008-02-25, 12:43   Link #20625
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Actually, the first time those ranks showed up, they were already said to be not a power, but a coefficient. The fact that people are placed through a battery of practical tests rather than just having their linker core measured shows clearly that it is mostly about accomplishing tasks and thus is a coefficient test. If someone can do B-rank feats, the system does not care a whole lot whether his power is C or A.
Actually, the first time ranks showed up they were said to be power. It's Chrono who afterwards said thatpower isn't everthing. You can be AAA ranked in power, but if you don't know how to use it, its useless. That's where the practical tests come in, they force the participants to be able to use those powers, thereby increasing overall performance.

Quote:
In fact, the very rapid development of Subaru and co is itself a proof it is a coefficient. It is much more plausible for them to have been underactualized in technique than for them to have gone through major leaps in raw power output in a year.
The way they trained and them being talented kids it doesn't surprise me. That aside, explain to me then why ever time we hear ranks being mentioned they are mentioned in terms of power. 'S-rank blast incoming' during Dieci's blast, for example.
Old 2008-02-25, 12:50   Link #20626
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:

I see it this way:

Official Mage Rank (acquired through tests) = skill
Calculated magic rank = natural magic power

I dont see how these two can be similar, as someone with high magic power does not necessarily know how to use such power.

The problem is that both of these ranking systems use the same letters.

In the end, I say this confusion is 7arcs' fault for not paying attention to these details, same as how they have disregarded plenty others.

Quote:
Actually, the first time ranks showed up they were said to be power. It's Chrono who afterwards said thatpower isn't everthing. You can be AAA ranked in power, but if you don't know how to use it, its useless. That's where the practical tests come in, they force the participants to be able to use those powers, thereby increasing overall performance.
With this, arent you agreeing with us in that the Official Mage Rank does not equal natural power rank?
Old 2008-02-25, 13:42   Link #20627
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Wow...another weekend of 10+ pages of BACKLOG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Who is the messiah again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Naomi: "If you don't know what you've done wrong..."
Emili: "Don't expect us to tell you!"

I'll tell you why i'm pissed..... HOW DARE YOU DEFILE THE NAME OF THE GREAT ROY FOKKER, A MAN AMONG MEN?! HOW DARE YOU!

*tranqed*

Franz:
"We've tranqed Creator so as to keep him from getting banned. But he's very pissed at you, Kha, and this is potentially the last straw..."
*peers over*

Hmm...perhaps Kha's gonna be needing bodyguards or something soon...

Quote:
Strange that I don't even have solid scenarios for them yet
Meh...we'll work on something

Quote:

You need to unlock them first though
Well, at least we now know that they're there...

Quote:

Rider Kick FTW!!!!

And this has to be one of the favorite videos

Quote:
You've GOT to be joking

Well, if you want a more detailed explanation...

Rider Kick

Though their enemies rarely can withstand a Rider Kick...which vary from a force of 30 tons or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Notice that it's Foy Rokker, not Roy Fokker, when all the other Cleric-Knights were named exactly/using homophonical mispellings. It was a hint right from Day 1 that all is not what it seems.

Trust me, Foy is nothing of Roy, and is one of my most original OCs ever, however mindblowing that is.
We'll settle for she then for the gender confusion since Foy's sentience in his body is technically an AI as well.
Kha? Being original?!

*head explodes*

Quote:
Asagi: Colorful people...
Mayura: In spandex...
Julie: Costumes shows?

Asagi: NAMAE WA!!!!
Mayura: KORE GA!!!!!
Julie: ORE TACHI WA!!!!!

Belkarangers: SUPAA SENTAI DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ryotaro:

Quote:

Souka...

So THESE are the weirdos I heard about. I see, I see

Super ultra bad

Please forgive me ^^;
Ryotaro: *pouts in corner* I'm not weird....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
T-t-TESTING?!

Kha...

BAKABAKABAKABAKABAKA

(Tomoyo-punch combo)

KHA NO BAKAAA!

(sends Kha flying)

And that should finish the Ranma joke too! ^_^

Hi guys! Didn't manage to get Sophie done at all... Too busy.
*watches Kha go flying*

Nice form and good distance. Very nice Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Fuyutsuki, the Angel and the Rider.

Well with NERV nicely settled in, here begins the start of things.
????: Yes, so it begins...

Quote:
Ah, this is a most refreshing story that fits its title perfectly .

And yes, what is Regius planning?
Ah yes, what is he planning. There are a few who know...

????: Stay quiet, you.

Quote:
Personally, Reiji, that retort could've been done without the harsh pre-wording...

F!

lalalalala...

FREAKAZOID! FREAKAZOID!

... ...

Sorry I really had to do that.

Quote:
Hayate... Succubus...
Only one word can describe this...

HAWT

*RUNS*

Quote:
(awake enough for me to call you...?)
Awww....so cute~~~

Quote:
So the two do play DotA afterall

Wonder which heroes they use? I can imagine Aurion using something like... Rhasta perhaps?

*runs faster*
Mmm...DoTA

Quote:
A little help here!

*dodges Rose Funnel Attack*
Ganbatte!!

Pass the popcorn...

Quote:
FINALLY

After a few delays, I finally present the third Belkaranger, Magician of Blue Julie Liu Ming, with the first part of her profile:

Spoiler for Like Water Has No Shape:

More updates to follow
Ah, the final piece of the puzzle
Everyone deserves happiness and an identity. Glad she found hers

Quote:

I recently finished Utawarerumono, which had me crying more then I had in months, now I'm reading this and I'm crying again. I don't know what karma is sending all this drama at me but I love it!

In fact, I loved it a lot, to the point where I shifted a shop I had been working on and made this out of the scene.

Spoiler:

Wow, that felt... great. I love that scene.

Now onto clearing the rest of the backlog.

Epic photoshop is EPIC

Quote:
She's using FRYING PAN this time???????

Mai's frying pan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> USB500

Mai: ...

you join your comrades in hell as well.

USB500:
Looks like Mai's arsenal is expanding

Quote:
*joins*

Fitting genders, too... I hope.

Spoiler:

*runs from Anita and Kha's premises*

Hail The Sky Dragon OSIRIS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I mean, come on. Imagine seeing a battlegroup list which goes something like:
  • Flagship: Big Red Button
  • Backup Mobile Command: I Have A Cunning Plan
  • Carrier: We Come In Peace
  • Cruiser: Why Hello There
  • Destroyer: Ask Questions Later
  • Frigate: I Told You So
  • Interdictor: Down Boy
  • Scout: Are You Still There
  • Diplomatic: Compelling Argument
  • And Nanoha's personal ship, Defeat Means Friendship

Oh man...somebody must've had a time trying to OK those ship names
Old 2008-02-25, 14:00   Link #20628
toran
Kyonko Convert

Good lord this thread is intimidating.

Hoping you guys don't mind if I introduce myself to the thread and please bear with me as I try to get acquainted with this thread.

Being a lurker of the Fanfiction thread, I decided to meander on over here to take a gander and maybe join in. Nothing like 1100+ pages of posts to look at.

Time to read some of the backlog to at least try to figure out what's going on here.
Old 2008-02-25, 14:03   Link #20629
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Well... thats why I draw them myself

Quote:
Spoiler for ID profile:

Not bad! Not bad at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Old 2008-02-25, 14:57   Link #20630
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Large backlog is large.

But I can at least play welcoming committee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
Good lord this thread is intimidating.

Hoping you guys don't mind if I introduce myself to the thread and please bear with me as I try to get acquainted with this thread.

Being a lurker of the Fanfiction thread, I decided to meander on over here to take a gander and maybe join in. Nothing like 1100+ pages of posts to look at.

Time to read some of the backlog to at least try to figure out what's going on here.
Welcome to Outer Cadia, where crack and madness run wild. I suggest you check out the first page for a lost of characters compiled so far. As for the backlog...you're on your own. Don't worry, we don't bite!

Anyway, have fun. *hands toran a guidebook*
Old 2008-02-25, 15:11   Link #20631
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Wow, what measures did Lance Rifle use to determine that! Especially since Crash hasn't even reaimed the rifle at her for a zoom-in picture.
It occured after he zoomed, get in order. And the LR is part of Battery Device. It's a configuration. And Battery determines stuff the same as any other device.

Quote:
15X? But Fate's 5000m away. That will probably be good enough to acquire her, but to see little things like Bardiche's lamp is pushing it a bit...
Well, tell me the propper magnification level to do that then! I don't know freakin' magnification levels for crying out loud.

Quote:
You j*ck*ss Crash. In a live fire exercise, when you lose positive control of the damage situation, you are supposed to stop, not take advantage Entire brigade exercises have been stopped in real life because a few shells fell out of coordinates.
CRASH: This was not a live fire brigade excersize, this was not training. This was an all out mock battle with field test written all over eat. Besides, you don't think a little ear drum damage couldn't be fixed?

Quote:
Here comes the good part. I've always been more interested in the fire control sequence you are using for this rifle. In contrast to the relative care placed towards getting the bullet out, fire control seems to be more or less handwaved - the requirements are more or less listed but no firm solutions are written out.

For starters, I'm really curious as to the ranging method the rifle used for this. Coincidence is impossible because there's only one scope. Stadia is usually not this accurate. Laser or active ranging might get that precision but warns the target.

What I'm more interested in is how did the Lance Rifle determine this little piece of info. And where is the compensation for air pressure and temperature, since we are getting technical about this...

Where is the thermal, exactly? The compensation value for the same thermal is different depending on whether it is 5 meters or 4900m away, as its its "thickness" - is the heated area 500m thick, or 1500m? How can the rifle tell all of this from a ultimately 2D view on a smartscope?

(As an aside, the 2D views you can see on the ship, from the way they are consistently 2D, are probably from hastily deployed magi-cameras, brought on site by the wonders of transportation, so they are kind of diferent from your smartscope).

COOPER: Ranging? I've given Batter the best device sensor package I could pack into the space available. And you ask how it RANGES? KEY! Where's M.E.G.A.S.?

KEY: No you can NOT powerbomb him!

COOPER: Awwww COME ON!!!!

KEY: NO!

Quote:
And "the aimpoint shifted". He had laid his aimpoint after the target was ranged on Fate's head. before the environmental compensations were calculated. Now the displayed aimpoint is different. But we are about to turn on the stabilizer to lock in the azimuth and elevation for the shoot and Crash has not yet replaced the new aimpoint onto Fate's head. Or are you saying his power armor is already starting to jerk Crash's arms around?
CRASH: Jerk my arms? Last time I checked the thing made it so I could RELAX my arms without dropping the weapon.

Quote:
Great, he's locked in. Actually, I hope the armor was helping him out some while he was aiming as well.
CRASH: Really? I thought an earlier line "The nice thing about the Olympian armor system was that he could take these kind of shots fully standing, as if he were braced on a tripod." made it rather obvious myself.

Quote:
By the way. Since the rifle seems to commit to a fixed elevation and azimuth several seconds before firing, what is the plan if the target moves between the Lock and the Completion of the Charge Cycle?
CRASH: Oh my god, oh my god, we're all gonna' die?

Quote:
Somehow, no other device feels a need to bother their users about their heart rate and linker core status. Why the change?
COOPER: Test Force man. Who do you think I work for? The Naval Assault Division?

Quote:
So turn on the Auto Guard, Bardiche! That oughta be a clue!
An honest mistake there. I forgot about that one, never seeing an autoguard defense for that kind of surprise, but rather Fate snapping her hand up to guard with a microbarrier.

Quote:
Actually, it was probably far more, which is why its creator got pillored.
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
I'd still like to know the mass of the projectile and what kind of velocity decay you're expecting.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...emechanics.jpg

None, and nearly none.

First is none because, if it had mass, it would be a banned projectile. And second is nearly none because it's a scientificly designed magic bullet with a leading edge and outter surface to produce no friction, and no leading edge air compression. (Having the leading edge smaller than the molecules in the air itself helps.) Thusly, the only thing slowing it down would be actual direct hits on the leading edge with air molecules.

I'll work on fixing things up more tonight. I did this sequence at three/four in the morning.
Old 2008-02-25, 15:20   Link #20632
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
You can knock Jail's "timebomb" off the list. I think he would have done everything he could to keep her alive as long as possible. He needed her to keep the Cradle. Once Vivio was disconnected from the throne, the ship went into emergency mode. The same thing would happen if she died. It's speculation if Quattro was still up and about at the time, would she have been able to keep the ship going normally?
Given time and his knowledge of Al Hazard tech, he could eventually come up with a bypass. But he'd still want to have Vivio on hand, just in case.
Thefore, Jail would want something as close to the original Saint Kaiser as possible. Preferably with no such nasty modifications.
Hm, you think so? Jail seems like the type to be like-
Actually, come to think of it, what were Jail's plans? Rise the Cradle, pwn Midchilda, and... what? Eat the TSAB with the Cradle? Go on a galactic asskick spree?

But that's beside the point. You're probably right about the "timebomb" one though.

Quote:
That certainly is true. Then how about this: Jail is smart enough to know how important it is to keep her alive, but we also know that Jail is not the one who created her. What if whomever had created Vivio did a poor job at it, and when accelerating her growth, never really engineered a reverse. Considering the small timeframe between Vivio's capture and the activation of the Cradle, it's reasonable to say that Jail didn't have the time to fix the problem, so he decided to use the Cradle to eliminate the primary threat first, and fix Vivio's state after things calmed down. Unfortunately, due to the disruption of his plans, Jail never got to repair Vivio's state.

This shifts the blame from Jail to whatever random scientists were responsible for Vivio's engineering, while having only a minor impact on the story.
Possible and likely (hypothesis: feel free to shoot down).
I have another idea, though; that Vivio isn't the first Sankt Kaiser clone, but the first perfected one. Until Jail's tampering with her disrupted her body's functions, she would have lived to be as long as the SK himself (hm, this might be interesting; a too perfect clone that, later, would develop the same problems the original might have; some rare disease or something. *shrugs* Just a thought.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I don't think I've seen or read anything on this before. Source, please?

Anyway, growth acceleration is possible, given the right kind of chemical/hormonal treatment, and termination of aging may also possible (if we consider that in the current timeline, they have found a gene or genes that affect cellular senescence and silence them). That's because when the Numbers are already adults, if we affect them with full-body treatment targeting the said gene/s, slowing the aging process can be theoretically done.

The reverse, however, is a more unstable process. It can be done, but uncontrollable. Suppose you affect Vivio with a treatment that accelerates her cellular mechanism, she might be dead by now, or two years after, or maybe even at 60. Of course, this makes it possible that she'd be dead at 17, but the current problem lies in the way Vivio is living: she does not seem to be suffering from any post-treatment dysfunction. Even if she doesn't age, some of her organs should have started to lose functions. And I think we know how dangerous that can be.
Sometimes it's not always physical. It can also be mental/psychological. Part of it is her upbringing, but remember that Vivio has become a very violent girl.

Quote:
Or we can use her forced maturation when she was attached to the Cradle as a possible plotline, or Nanoha's stupendous Starlight Breakers that forcefully ejected the Relic planted in Vivio, causing massive reaction that would eventually lead to her "demise". Personally, I think the latter is proper to explain Nanoha's angst, but it all depends on Kagerou.
This is good too .
So far the idea I have is a little bit of all of the ones proposed (again, feel free to rip apart; I want this to be a good, fair mix of realism/Nanoverse magic).

Basically, forced maturation from "birth" to six years of age affected Vivio in an unexpected way; I'm going to say that the scientist responsible didn't do it right, as Jail was pressuring him and forcing him to work faster at it. He thus made Vivio mature too rapidly (I'm going to assume that there's a certain point that you can reach when forcing a body to grow; if you go above that point, you start messing things up). As a result, parts of Vivio's brain have become damaged, making her slightly more erratic; If stressed, Vivio can get more extreme with her emotions (which happens a lot), and she's violent; moreso than anyone else her age (Fortunately, Syn helps to drive it down a little).

Furthermore, when Vivio was implanted with the Relic, it caused her Linker Core to go haywire, further accelerating her body's functions (since I know so little about the LC other than "lol mana", I'm leaving it at that). Couple this with the forced removal by SLB beam spam, and it's essentially left Vivio's body a wreck.

Quote:
The forced maturation sounds more in line with the current storyline, having it become Nanoha's fault may mess with what is planned in the future.

My Star Wars riddled brain does not cope with such names. I'm too used to seeing names like 'Judicator' 'Home One' 'Chimaera' and 'Executor'
Mess with it? Oh, no, I'm finding more stuff to throw on Nanoha's shoulders as we speak. Certain incidents I've made up, events in the series proper, etc.

And I agree with you about the ship names. Though I've switched from Star Wars to Halo in recent years.

EDIT: I just realized the Lance Rifle is a Barret M82A1.
Old 2008-02-25, 15:33   Link #20633
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post

EDIT: I just realized the Lance Rifle is a Barret M82A1.
Same shape, but with technical differences on the inside.

EDIT MYSELF: I'm out on the web trying to find a way to calculate the zoom factor required to put a human sized target perfectly in the scope view area at five thousand twenty meters... I'm not finding even a formula for calculateing appropriet zoom ranges...

EDIT 2:
Just remembered I have this program called Terragen. A random terrain generator and 3D rendering program. It has controls for camera and target positions that are quite good. I'll use that to calc a zoom factor. (And right now, it's looking to be an insane factor over 100.)

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2008-02-25 at 16:31.
Old 2008-02-25, 15:36   Link #20634
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Same shape, but with technical differences on the inside.
Well obviously. Personally, I prefer the Steyr IWS 2000.
Old 2008-02-25, 16:29   Link #20635
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Input from my sisters made me make a slight adjustment to the Syn/Vivio shop. Here's the updated version:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post

I see it this way:

Official Mage Rank (acquired through tests) = skill
Calculated magic rank = natural magic power

I dont see how these two can be similar, as someone with high magic power does not necessarily know how to use such power.

The problem is that both of these ranking systems use the same letters.

In the end, I say this confusion is 7arcs' fault for not paying attention to these details, same as how they have disregarded plenty others.

With this, arent you agreeing with us in that the Official Mage Rank does not equal natural power rank?
I'd rather call it 'official rank' and 'paper rank' if someone is found with a AAA abllity, he will take the AAA test. They'll be trained before they take the test, but they will give him the AAA test as suits his measured rank, and they will repeat taking that test untill they aquired that rank.

Quote:
Possible and likely (hypothesis: feel free to shoot down).
I have another idea, though; that Vivio isn't the first Sankt Kaiser clone, but the first perfected one. Until Jail's tampering with her disrupted her body's functions, she would have lived to be as long as the SK himself (hm, this might be interesting; a too perfect clone that, later, would develop the same problems the original might have; some rare disease or something. *shrugs* Just a thought.
The rare disease bit may conflict with Fall of an Empire, though.

Quote:
This is good too .
So far the idea I have is a little bit of all of the ones proposed (again, feel free to rip apart; I want this to be a good, fair mix of realism/Nanoverse magic).

Basically, forced maturation from "birth" to six years of age affected Vivio in an unexpected way; I'm going to say that the scientist responsible didn't do it right, as Jail was pressuring him and forcing him to work faster at it. He thus made Vivio mature too rapidly (I'm going to assume that there's a certain point that you can reach when forcing a body to grow; if you go above that point, you start messing things up). As a result, parts of Vivio's brain have become damaged, making her slightly more erratic; If stressed, Vivio can get more extreme with her emotions (which happens a lot), and she's violent; moreso than anyone else her age (Fortunately, Syn helps to drive it down a little).

Furthermore, when Vivio was implanted with the Relic, it caused her Linker Core to go haywire, further accelerating her body's functions (since I know so little about the LC other than "lol mana", I'm leaving it at that). Couple this with the forced removal by SLB beam spam, and it's essentially left Vivio's body a wreck.
Well, since the Linker Core is an organ, it could be possible.

Quote:
Mess with it? Oh, no, I'm finding more stuff to throw on Nanoha's shoulders as we speak. Certain incidents I've made up, events in the series proper, etc.
Heh, allright then.

Quote:
And I agree with you about the ship names. Though I've switched from Star Wars to Halo in recent years.
I'm concidered a hertic when it comes to Halo, never really cared much bout it.
Old 2008-02-25, 19:05   Link #20636
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Actually, they weren't. First, Amy says that both are AAA mages while watching them. Then she rattles off the power values, and makes an offhand remark on how they exceed Chrono in the measure of power. Then Chrono rattles off his speech. It is clear that the entire measurement wasn't pure power.

If a rank is mostly about power first, there is no way Chrono can ever exceed them. If we say that 1.27 million is AAA, and Chrono is under 1.27 million, then he cannot be a AAA+ unless rank is ultimately about coefficient.

Quote:
The way they trained and them being talented kids it doesn't surprise me. That aside, explain to me then why ever time we hear ranks being mentioned they are mentioned in terms of power. 'S-rank blast incoming' during Dieci's blast, for example.
Because power is one part of the coefficient. In fact, in the manga, speed, range and even controllability of ammo is also split into those letter grades.
Old 2008-02-25, 19:13   Link #20637
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Can't they have a power scale like richter scale? Something like <1 = lol puny humans, 10 or 12 = Jesus Christ, Buddha and John Murdock.
Old 2008-02-25, 19:23   Link #20638
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Actually, they weren't. First, Amy says that both are AAA mages while watching them. Then she rattles off the power values, and makes an offhand remark on how they exceed Chrono in the measure of power. Then Chrono rattles off his speech. It is clear that the entire measurement wasn't pure power.

If a rank is mostly about power first, there is no way Chrono can ever exceed them. If we say that 1.27 million is AAA, and Chrono is under 1.27 million, then he cannot be a AAA+ unless rank is ultimately about coefficient.

Because power is one part of the coefficient. In fact, in the manga, speed, range and even controllability of ammo is also split into those letter grades.
I think there is a bit of misunderstanding on my part in terms of the meaning of coeficient, what exactly does it mean?
Old 2008-02-25, 19:34   Link #20639
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

Here is Kyoya Kibagami

Spoiler for ID profile:

Artei: You know my pain! ANIKI!!!
Sophia: /facepalm. Looks like we got 1 more troublesome womanizer to deal with...
Kha:

Yeah Artei's one of the rabid skirt-chasers of the thread, along with S&W, but recently Arisa's been keeping him on a tight lease...

I like that BJ! Very Dynasty Warrior in feel and I can see the fire in his attacks. And I believe Kenshiro Kaempfer would agree that a flurry of punches isn't right without ATATATATATATATATATA!

Conquista?!

And is Ynana by any chance inspired by the Singing Ship sci-fi series?
Old 2008-02-25, 19:50   Link #20640
Aaron008R

Okay...

I don't know what came over me last night...

But this is the result...

GIRLS IN TROUBLE MAHOURANGER

Please listen to this song while listening for it to make sense...

Oh, and watching the video might help in visualization as well.

Spoiler for FANSERVICY SENTAI CRACK!!! NANOHA STYLE!!!:

I wanted to use Keroko-chan as well. But it was hard finding room so I had to make do with the canon Aces...

I don't know what came over me!

But hey, there's quite a bit if fanservice and in this madness... So I hope it works...

I'll comment on the rest later... probably tomorrow. But Sheba, you're character is mighty interesting! I currently don't see anything tooo objectionable. And his womanizing tendencies are WIN!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-02-25 at 21:25.
Closed Thread