AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-25, 20:02   Link #20641
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

And is Ynana by any chance inspired by the Singing Ship sci-fi series?
If I remember right, I have read it in Silveberg's version of Gilgamesh's epic, it may be not the exact spelling, but I loved the sound of this name.
Then various influences came for Ynana and her sentient ship, things like Doctor Who and his TARDIS, Homeworld and the mothership, etc... I'll elaborate on it later when I'll bring her profile.

Oh and there are also the sci-fi trope "nekkid girl in glass tube" that have given birth to Ynana.
Old 2008-02-25, 20:04   Link #20642
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Input from my sisters made me make a slight adjustment to the Syn/Vivio shop. Here's the updated version:

Spoiler:
Hmm, Vivio's face shadowing looks a bit...weird in my opinion. Sorry if I cant describe it well...

Quote:
I'd rather call it 'official rank' and 'paper rank' if someone is found with a AAA abllity, he will take the AAA test. They'll be trained before they take the test, but they will give him the AAA test as suits his measured rank, and they will repeat taking that test untill they aquired that rank.
Well, as you say it here, then the ranks are used to measure a mage's ability. If so, then yes, that's how I see official rankings as well.

The thing is, what the TSAB computers can measure is the mage's power rank... I dont think they can measure how skilled a mage is like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Okay...

I don't know what came over me last night...

But this is the result...

GIRLS IN TROUBLE MAHOURANGER

Please listen to this song while listening for it to make sense...

Oh, and watching the video might help in visualization as well.

Spoiler for FANSERVICY SENTAI CRACK!!! NANOHA STYLE!!!:

I wanted to use Keroko-chan as well. But it was hard finding room so I had to make do with the canon Aces...

I don't know what came over me!

But hey, there's quite a bit if fanservice and in this madness... So I hope it works...

I'll comment on the rest later... probably tomorrow. But Sheba, you're character is mighty interesting! I currently don't see anything tooo objectionable. And his womanizing tendencies are WIN!
Old 2008-02-25, 20:05   Link #20643
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Fu- err, I mean....Boku, Sanjyo!!!
(Ore is too strong for me to use)

Man, it was hard but I managed to tackle this huge backlog in one day

As for my unexplained absence...well, let's just say that I got pulled into something addictive and lost track of the important things

Anyways, here's some replies from somewhat recent posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
*Push Jeno aside*

Cero: "HA! This is where I come in!"

"I give you - A fusion of the two!"

I believe this is also right up FSZ's alley If he ever checks in again...

Well...yeah, of course I like it :3

Quote:
On the subject of Hayate in melee, I think she was mostly joking when she said she couldn't even beat Caro in hand-to-hand:

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:

Look at her facial expresion, not to mention Teana and Rein, who are not taking her seriously in any way whatsoever.
I like Vita's reply to Erio's questions, it reveals a rarely seen side of her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
@ Horo Pic: It reminds me of Maren... and speaking of which, where is FSZ?

Can anyone summon him?
Who summoned me?

Quote:

I recently finished Utawarerumono, which had me crying more then I had in months, now I'm reading this and I'm crying again. I don't know what karma is sending all this drama at me but I love it!

In fact, I loved it a lot, to the point where I shifted a shop I had been working on and made this out of the scene.

Wow, that felt... great. I love that scene.

Now onto clearing the rest of the backlog.
Ooooh! Sasuga Keroko-san!!!
Nicely done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Edit@I see FlameSparkZ alive and browsing...
I've been spotted

~~~~

Well, that's it for today, but starting tomorrow, I'll start from where I left off
Maybe work on an new OP

Well, then, see you later!
*runs as usual*
Old 2008-02-25, 20:21   Link #20644
arkhangelsk

Quote:
I think there is a bit of misunderstanding on my part in terms of the meaning of coeficient, what exactly does it mean?
By coefficient, I meant a composite value that roughly represents your real ability in a fight or at handling mage tasks.
Old 2008-02-25, 20:47   Link #20645
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yeah

Though if ever that happens, coupled with some of my plans for Mai and the Linebackers...

Does that mean Frieda becomes the Linebacker's Mother-in-law?

Smith:
Wesson:

*headshot >>> Lowe & Linebackers*

Neil: Those guys never learn...

I'm afraid the Linebackers are too busy ogling appreciating Frieda's natural beauty to even think of that.

Smith:
Wesson:

*Frieda's tsundere sister >>>>>>>>>>>>> USB500 & Linebackers*

Quote:
Of course we're serious

She kinds reminds me of Reimi from Zoids Genesis for some reason... so she's Takeru's... "sister" if you will?

in before yuricest action

*runs*

Considering Takeru's rebuilt to be a more.... patient hunter, I'm sure he doesn't mind taping those videos for us.

*is killed by a stray bullet*

Quote:
SECONDED!!!

Edit:

... no source then?

[Vader] NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! [/Vader]
Well, already asked the imageboard for the source.

=============================

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I mean, come on. Imagine seeing a battlegroup list which goes something like:
  • Flagship: Big Red Button
  • Backup Mobile Command: I Have A Cunning Plan
  • Carrier: We Come In Peace
  • Cruiser: Why Hello There
  • Destroyer: Ask Questions Later
  • Frigate: I Told You So
  • Interdictor: Down Boy
  • Scout: Are You Still There
  • Diplomatic: Compelling Argument
  • And Nanoha's personal ship, Defeat Means Friendship

-=-------------------

Quote:

OMG... THE TSUNDERE COMBAT MEIDO HAS APPEARED!!!
Indeed.

Quote:
In Other News:

It Looks Like we're going to have Horo Maren back now...

Summoning Complete...

*rows away*
Yaay! Hurray for more Horo Maren fluffy service!

===============

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Spoiler for ID profile:

Spoiler for long story is long:

Spoiler for magic and combat style:

Spoiler for Fluffy stuff:
I like where this is going. It is an interesting article to read, and I had to smile at the word "befriended".

Although the infamous Hundred Crack Fist?

===================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

===================

Quote:
Input from my sisters made me make a slight adjustment to the Syn/Vivio shop. Here's the updated version:

Spoiler:
*approves with two thumbs' up*

===========

Quote:
Okay...

I wanted to use Keroko-chan as well. But it was hard finding room so I had to make do with the canon Aces...

But hey, there's quite a bit if fanservice and in this madness... So I hope it works...

I'll comment on the rest later... probably tomorrow. But Sheba, you're character is mighty interesting! I currently don't see anything tooo objectionable. And his womanizing tendencies are WIN!
*eyes spinning around while reading this*
Old 2008-02-25, 21:03   Link #20646
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
It occured after he zoomed, get in order. And the LR is part of Battery Device. It's a configuration. And Battery determines stuff the same as any other device.
I've never quite seen another device provide all these wonderful details...

Quote:
Well, tell me the propper magnification level to do that then! I don't know freakin' magnification levels for crying out loud.
I see you are already beginning to notice with a program, but there is an easier way to envisage it even if you have no experience with a riflescope or binoculars (as I admittedly don't) - in any case very few people ever have experience with their riflescope against human sized targets 5000m away. Remember Ep5 A's. The size of Nanoha as Vita looks back at her is representative of ~100m. You are using a 15x scope, so she'll look roughly similar at 1500m. But the range is now 5000 so she looks over 3 times smaller, say about 2 pixels. Does it look like you'll be easily able to see little things like Bardiche's bulb?

Quote:
CRASH: This was not a live fire brigade excersize, this was not training. This was an all out mock battle with field test written all over eat. Besides, you don't think a little ear drum damage couldn't be fixed?
A mock battle is generally considered training. In principle, a "little eardrum" damage might be fixed, but the point is that he really doesn't know how much damage he did. All he knows is that something that he did not expect in terms of damage already happened, which means the staff who predicted the damage and risks screwed up somewhere (and he doesn't know how bad), and the "safe" exercise (and that exercise is really on the edges of "safe" at best to begin with) is no longer such. Safe move says to call a "Knock it off" and figure out what the heck happened. At the very very least, he should have called up Fate on the goddarn telepathic radio and found out whether she feels fit to continue, and even then the range controller (where IS he anyway) should make the call.

Quote:
COOPER: Ranging? I've given Batter the best device sensor package I could pack into the space available. And you ask how it RANGES? KEY! Where's M.E.G.A.S.?

KEY: No you can NOT powerbomb him!

COOPER: Awwww COME ON!!!!

KEY: NO!
You see? You are at least willing to draw diagrams for the shooting part (which I'll comment on AGAIN) down below. But the fire control part (which is really the hardest section) is given nary a thought.

Quote:
CRASH: Jerk my arms? Last time I checked the thing made it so I could RELAX my arms without dropping the weapon.
Look. You laid the weapon on the target after coarse-targeting (I'll assume the suit is helping you with the fine motion required to lay an aimpoint on a head 5000m away). But you laid it before the fine-targeting, which shows your chosen lay will not hit the target after all, and a revised lay is necessary. But you show no signs of relaying the piece yourself. So either I assume the round is doomed to miss at this point, or the suit is automatically doing the job (thus the jerk).

Quote:
CRASH: Really? I thought an earlier line "The nice thing about the Olympian armor system was that he could take these kind of shots fully standing, as if he were braced on a tripod." made it rather obvious myself.
OK... but may I still comment on the over-reliance on an active system?

Quote:
CRASH: Oh my god, oh my god, we're all gonna' die?
OK, in that case the shot's doomed to miss. Fine. (Notes that as a weakness of the rifle).

Quote:
COOPER: Test Force man. Who do you think I work for? The Naval Assault Division?
Leave the linker core readings for the staff.

Quote:
Eh?
In canon, real blaster ranges are so short that your cannon outranges it by orders of magnitude. Only Hayate's Hraesvelgr could probably come close to the ranges you requested.

Quote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...emechanics.jpg

None, and nearly none.

First is none because, if it had mass, it would be a banned projectile.
Magic probably has mass (or rather the problems with it being massless far exceed those from assuming it has mass)
There are some electrons trapped into your bullet according to the diagram.

Thus, your bullet can only have 'nearly" no mass. In which case it is doomed to fly above your targets. The results you actually describe is best achieved by a bullet which has a density roughly equivalent to the surrounding air. Or a very dense bullet, which would ease a lot of problems.

Now that the technotactical characteristics of your rifle has been more or less approved by the thread (looks like), it is time to tweak it to work best scientifically.

Quote:
And second is nearly none because it's a scientificly designed magic bullet with a leading edge and outter surface to produce no friction, and no leading edge air compression. (Having the leading edge smaller than the molecules in the air itself helps.) Thusly, the only thing slowing it down would be actual direct hits on the leading edge with air molecules.
If your leading edge is that small, almost all of the molecules will probably "ignore" it and begin hitting on a thicker place. Thus you will still have your air resistance. I can handwave that with the propulsion part, though.
Old 2008-02-25, 21:10   Link #20647
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

OMG... THE TSUNDERE COMBAT MEIDO HAS APPEARED!!!
Naomi-chan has a Meido Jacket which HAS been used in mock combat. Just not on a real mission.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-25, 21:17   Link #20648
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Thanks to the inputs from Erio and Keroko, I changed the last bit in Kyoya's history regarding who he is working for.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=20614

PS: regarding the Archons, they are the kind of organization plotting in the shadow and having infiltrated a lot of political and financial spheres.
(I think that incidents like the giant tree in Nanoha S1 EP03 may have drawn some unwanted attention, the attention of the Archons could be one).
Old 2008-02-25, 21:19   Link #20649
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
DAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! CURSED BACKLOOOOOOOOOGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

*Slaps self and regains senses*

*Goes and looks for GN Cannon*

*Aims and fires away*

Bluecheesium Backlog BREAKA!!!

Quote:
Saint X is taken away by THE MOB

I'll be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....

*ding*

*waves* Be sure to come back soon!!!

Quote:
I don't wanna know what Kha did to Jun...

*Facepalms* Why is it that I don't wanna know either? *shudders at mere thought*

Quote:
Join the Gondolists... for we also worship the Supreme Goddess Horo-Chama!

And the Golden Alicia as well

So that's the name of your organization huh? "The Gondolists"... Proud to be one of them I could bet?

Quote:
Because he's Chaos...

And as long as there is Order... there is *static*
THAT STILL DOESN'T MEAN HE SHOULD BE BACK!!!!!!!

Quote:
I'm thinking of just typing lol or ROFLCOPTER...
Lol would've been just fine

Quote:
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

NOW I KNOW WHY CHAOS IS WEAK AGAINST YOU!!!
Oh? And why is that? Please do tell me, I'm dying to know.

Quote:
*shakes head*

Quote:
well it's a good think-over...
Indeed it is

Quote:
you don't have any idea... one of my cracky predictions/ideas almost went true in canon...
???

Which one? *Interested*

Quote:
You should have GN cannoned the backlog Slaneesh Satashi and his (band of merry men? minions?- ah minions are for IT- if forgot... disicples?) people back in the first FF dimension...
*Growls* Don't remind me *growls some more*

'Cause I really should have -_-

Quote:
Mirrormen... Gifted Britsh Library Agents that can change their visual at will- even go invisible- from R.O.D.
Souka. Noted

Quote:

Gets dragged to hell...

Quote:
as the root word says... yes...
*Shudders at the implications of teh root word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post

SUGOI!!!!

I have been trying to find this pic forever...!

Who are those guys?

Quote:

That'll work well for your needs Sousuke Kha

*starts running*
Unfortunately you're right

Quote:

I remember the days when some of us would read each other's minds...
Those were the days of *static*

*Glares at static* >.>

Quote:
Ooops.... NOT AS PLANNED
Not like Lowe either

Quote:

*hides "The Siren's" incomplete profile"
["Persuasive" voices] Shoooooowww iiitttttt tooooo uuussssss[/"Persuasive" voices]

Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
*Voice drips with poison* So THAT was your purpose, huh?

Quote:
SUPREME MILF FRIEDA-SAMA HAS RETURNED TO US!!!!!!

Minor set of changes I spy, no more Silberkugel then I see Though despite that, she remains good ole' HAWT MAMA

*runs*
When did SHE leave?

Quote:
*joins in summoning ritual*

Quote:

Quote:
Exactly... Chaos is not a Being, Chaos is a Universal Constant
URUSAIII!!!!!!

Quote:
@ Ark/Thread:

Just a question:

What defines rank-shifting boost anyway?

Well i have an idea of a device feature 'providing additional energy/regeneration' to the user when needed- not as instant and powerful as cartridges but can be left on for long periods and maintain a low, slow yet steady flow of energy, since that said user has a natural low mana pool but has spells (not powerful though- they are not even attack spells but support/buff spells) that require about 50-85% of the total (not current, because that varies- i meant the 'half' in one-half) mana pool to cast... I'm thinking of this feature as a 'spare fuel tank' or a battery powered electronic gadget's (PSP for instance- THAT REMINDS ME TO BUY ONE!!!) charging cable...

But using such a device also has limitations, esp. when two or more of said device features are active by the user at the same time- a sort of resonance overload can occur and that after operation, the user can tire or have some inability for a short while.

how would this fare?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
This is not a new functionality. If you decode the original Japanese in Ep5 A's, Zafira actually notes that "The devices are strengthening [them]" (as opposed to "Their devices have been strengthened" as suggested by Triad). This intention is backed by the website. So Midchildran cartridges are used both for general strengthening just by being placed "in-line" of the power train, and one-time use, while Velkan are only for the latter.

With that strengthening, Nanoha and Fate went from badly losing to holding their own against a AAA+ or S-. Even counting that the two Wolkenritter were holding back a bit, I'll say it is fair to say that there is canon support to justify a 1/3rd-1/2th rank boost (say AAA->AAA+) from similar measures.

Noted.

Quote:

This is not an instance! You guys are gonna need one more to summon!
Just you wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Continuing post, because this must be posted in a single post.

=============

LYRICAL OF TIME REPRISE
FRIEDA JOHANSEN

Spoiler for Frieda Johansen Rebuild:

More of our OC Gunslingers coming up.

@ Thread:
How to make a tsundere character? I've been thinking of making one since I joined this place.
Will read later

Dunno but would be useful to know since I'm planning on creating a Tsundere and a TRAP!

Quote:
*RUNS*
Yo- Momma is bak!

Now why do I have TBS vides from her...?

Just look at Sophia, Fox, Asuka and Naomi. And don't forget to submit the application form to join the All Girl Tsunderes Hyper Force GO!
Dakara when did she leave?

Someone has a list of all Tsundere girls?

Quote:
Oh? Who volunteers to help us call out the Great Princess?
Normally, anyone who wants to see Kha flying would join in

And at her new title

Quote:
Ah, the first of the series is ARIA the Animation, which is 13 episodes, then followed by the 26 episode Aria the Natural, then the single episode OVA Aria the Arietta. Finally, you can catch up to ARIA the Origination, whose 8th episode airs tonight
Thanks for the info

Quote:
Ah yes, haven't heard much from her hasn't she? Playing with Takeru's guns perhaps?

*RUNS FASTER*
What's wrong with this statement?

Quote:
*joins*

Quote:
Fitting genders, too... I hope.

Spoiler:

*runs from Anita and Kha's premises*
One word: OUCH!

Osiris = OUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
2) AFAIK, GSG-9 has never had female operators. f you want Frieda to be spec ops, the only unit I can think of would be the British 14 Intelligence Company (now absorbed into the Special Reconnaisance Regiment or a SWAT unit (Pt. Mugu MP SWAT has female operators - discovered most lol-y by a buck-naked Dennis Chalker - "Ok Imma go put on a towel nao" - as do Korea National Police (I've seen photos of a female Korean SWAT sniper with the MSG-90).

(Background: Red Cell's final op under Richard Marcinko was an attack on NAS Pt. Mugu. Chalker called in the "terrorist threat" and was to be the bait - if he weren't playing the role bad guy terrorist, he was the team's sacrificial bait - and took a shower. Heard Pt. Mugu SWAT make their entry, calmly walked out... and the realised/remembered that Pt. Mugu's SWAT had female operators. Who got an eyful of SEAL florida. Chalker later retired as Command Master Chief of NAVSPECWARCOM.)
Thanks for the info

Quote:
Thank you This is very much useful to me (since I mostly suck at this field of expertise )

Quote:
Just a little peek.

I see you guys have been getting along quite nicely... Here's some messages for more notable parts...

@Anita: Okay. I'll stop calling you Ojou-sama. (Though I have to apologize because the others might start doing so.)
Now its in English and she's being called The Great Princess

Quote:
@Lowe: ...
Okay... Julie is made of AWESOME WIN!!!
I just LOVE how seh developed! This is because, like Goose, I can relate with her as well. I may not have Asperger's, but I was a severe introvert with a possible case of emotional trauma during my younger years.

And also... Aurion's in more trouble since he can use transformation magic quite well himself...

Anyway, on the awesome job!
Deshou?

Quote:
@Keroko:

Now that's one BLOODY AWESOME!!! shop!!!
It fits in so well! Awesome job!

And... I guess one of my targets as a sub-writer is if I can make you cry with the drama I'm planning!()

Keroko-kun's shop skills are AWESOME!

Quote:
@Fuyu: I see you're finally back with the pace. Thanks for helping me out with the Thread Rule citing. And yeah... guess I'm corrupted a bit now...>.>
Yup Like I said before, I don't plan on leaving again. Struggle through Mt. Backlog, yes but no leaving for me

Glad to be of service *little bow*

Don't worry, you're all still you

Quote:
@Reiji: Okay. Please listen to what Lowe and PF have said. I know it's frustrating, but effort wasted is not tantamount to immortality in idea-spawning in this thread. Look at me! I'm completely trashing more than 3/4 of Aurion's entire history! That includes SEVERAL MONTHS of work in front of the keyboard with several tens of thousands words worth of work, KAPUT. It's fine to have fun. But it's NOT fine to have fun while undermining several others' under the rationale of HARD work. And that goes for understanding the entire set of rules as well.

You know what? I feel like a completely, gratituously and undeservingly spoiled OC-Thread Veteran because I let my work get that far without anyone telling me off properly; probably due to my seniority here. Let me tell you this, it's for the best and your actually very lucky now that they're actually critiquing your works because it would ultimately serve for the best, for EVERYONE. I had to go thru the painful realization that all my hard work was gratituous and grossly unrequited HAXX that got through because it's an old work not to be critiqued now (and to let a bit of ego in, it was very well-made). You think it's easier that I realized it for myself? NO. It hurts a damn hell lot to willingly throw away several months worth of work. But I'll do it anyway for the sake of fairness to everyone here. And whatnot, it also hurt when I realized that I was grandstanding like an... No. I WAS a heretical and ignorant fool telling off HAXX from others when my work was the one of the most overpowered HAXX ever concieved here that I covered up with numerous words and justifications. That's pretty much tantamount to saying that I spent a whole lot of effort into this so let me be! It doesn't and shouldn't work that way!

Of course, I'm not telling you to trash your works. Just be a bit more receptive. PLEASE. We are not doing it to spite you. We're just exercising our right to speak, anonimity notwithstanding. And of course, we have to care about how others feel about stuff because this isn't just a playground. Going along those lines, we CARE about YOUR stuff as well. This is a community that went thru hell and back to get it this far! There is no I in living here. It's WE.

Okay. That was long. But it has already been bothering me for quite a bit. This later parts isn't just for Reiji but for the entire thread as well. I got off too easy; I didn't deserve it. And I've only realized it now. That's the main reason why I'm completely revamping a a giant part of my works and completely trashing more than half of it. I was feeling left-out. And I was also starting to feel like I was beginning to not belong in the community anymore due to my golden-age vouch for HAXX-abled veterancy. I didn't want it to be like this. I wanted to be in like everyone else, not as a senior with extra rights, but as a friend who is on equal standing as everyone, even to those who just came in or those who just comment.

Just take it as a little public confession on how I've been feeling after seeing the better developments of the OC now. It may sound childish, but that's how I felt. I hope nobody minds if I spill some of my thoughts and feelings here.
Quoted For TRUTH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Gotta run soon so this'll be quick

You are truly one of us
I always was Just left for a very loooong while and now I'm back

Quote:
*pulls up a chair next to Fuyu*
Welcome, welcome

*Runs off to make more popcorn and is back in .5 secs with bags for everyone*

Quote:
Errr, you're not planning to do anything dodgy with that info are you?

Then again, you could just be like me who would like to embark on an adventure to meet some of you guys in person
Why would I?

I would really like that Maybe have a cup of coffee together?

Quote:
Awww, do we have to? I'd rather stay in here

Stay here Stay here Stay here Stay here Stay here

Quote:
Will do
You'd better

Quote:
EEHHHHHHHHHHH????

What did this info come from?? This is the first time I've heard of this...
Have NO idea but since it's Nighty we're talking about here....

Secret Sources!!

Quote:
*rides off in the gondola*
Another Gondolist huh?

Quote:
EDITAaron. You're hearby promoted as the poster boy of the haxx busters You're additional present is on the way
A promotion worthy of it's person (Not the reverse )

Quote:
Here's a random question partially related to several arguments we've seen/had in the last fifty or so pages.

Do we have any quantification on how much a power boost physically harms a person? I don't mean 'linker core damaged, 8% total power loss.' I mean, physical distress such as causing exhaustion, collapse, fainting, systemic shock, cardiac arrest.

If not, we need to figure out a way to quantify it so that when the ideas of mega power boosts are applied, the counter-argument consists of something more solid then just an 'Uhhh... NO! It HAXX!'

As an example that Nanoha's 5X Starlight Breaker Blaster 3 boost... She was boosting whatever rank level that was stated. But she was still standing, worn out, but standing. But also add in extra factors such as having just been under continuous combat conditions for 2 1/2 hours, having fired a boosted level one Excellion Buster, a boosted level three Divine Buster, was getting beat around by Vivio for probably a good ten minutes. Which seems to me like more than just boost straing, but continuous combat strain on top of things.

I say this because once you have a solid backing argument to return fire with, having situation calls that end up with two pages of arguing whether its fair could be quelled in a single fast post.

That being said, I see the power boost acting like an adrenaline rush... or other stimulant effects common with a stimulant drug overdose.

That being said... how much is too much?

At what point does going up in power result in:

"rapid heartbeat, muscle cramps, seizures, paranoia, psychosis, confusion, loss of control of movement, vomiting, lack of consciousness, and possibly cardiac arrest" ?

What about rebound effects? How tired does a mage get coming off the power surge? Fatigue? Exhaustion? Collapse? Coma? Death?
Whoa! Calm down there!

Seizures, paranoia, psychosis, loss of control of movement and possible cardiac arrest????

Those are FAR too serious for after-effects of a booster you know?

I don't see Nanoha seeing things, not breathing normally, having memory problems, not being able to move properly, being overly anxious, jumpy and irritable or afraid all the time, etc, etc after using Blaster Mode

Exhaustion, collapse, maybe coma after serious power output and severe damage plus being crushed to the ground and leaving a crater of 10 feet underground, okay. But not death! Maybe like Fate and Nanoha after having their Linker Cores busted and not being able to use magic for a determined period of time, but please don't go into super-exaggerated-and-dangerous symptoms.

Quote:
The effects of a power surge should, in my opinion, be proportionate to the amount of power that is gained. The more power is gained, the higher the effects. I always prefer to think of the effects a power surge would cause as physically exhausting, untill a threshold has been reached when it becomes physically damaging. The damage should be something like what Zest suffered, though I'm not familiar with the medical terms. Concidering the Linker Core is inside the body, overloading it would most likely result in internal bleeding.

Of course, this is purely speculative.
Actually I think it's highly unprobable to be able to overload a Linker Core. Nanoha didn't and she used her experimental Blaster Mode which is supposed to have disastrous effects on the user. Most likely since it's an energy source, if (highly unprobable but still possible if) a Linker Core is overloaded it could go to the extent of exploding (or inploding)...

Quote:
I bet Takeru's life will be worse then hell. though he's got a devil's luck to have a foster sister from hell in the first place.

*is killed by a stray 50-cal bullet*
Actually that's quite correct

Quote:
Actually.....

Spoiler:

You guys are serious to see Frieda's yurilover tsundere sister, aren't you?

In before awesome hot yuri action.

*runs from Sayoko & Frieda's tsundere sister*

More of her (and of course, Takeru's rebuild) coming soon.

APPROVED!

Quote:
Horo in Undine uniform as a gondolist? In glasses? OH GOD DO WANT THIS TO HAPPEN

Awakened Horo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> USB500
Approved too

Quote:
MOST EXCELLENT IDEA

Although we need to give her a name starting with A

*runs*
Why an "A" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
Neil: Those guys never learn...
Too true

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
SECONDED!!!

Edit:

... no source then?

[Vader] NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! [/Vader]

Quote:
No source? Damn...
Tell me about it >.< Seems like an interesting manga to read -_-

Quote:
This is part of the Nerve agent challenge, right? In that case, Field Effects can remain active in an AMF (for example, episode 21).
Huh?

Please explain

Quote:
I am so very tempted to create an entire fleet of dimensional vessels, entirely so I can name them. And these won't even be good names, much less keeping with the established "Asura" or "Claudia".

There's just something irresistable about having a group of heavily-armed warships with names like "Honest Opinion", "Appeal To Reason", "Exuberant Greeting", "Big Stick", "Pointed Rejoinder", "Awkward Silence", "We Regret To Inform You", "No More Mr. Nice Guy", and all led by the flagship "Schadenfreude".
Why don't you do it then?

Quote:
UUSAKEN DAAA!!!

I've been very unproductive today... -_-
Quote:
"Unproductive" eh?

*hides in the Eye of Terror*
Oh God, I love you guys

Quote:
You now, that sounds really reasonable. Taking Fate's examination as an example, she did well during most of the stages, but lost her one-on-one battle test with Chrono. She didn't fail the exam afterwards, as her abillities and tactics got a passing grade, but if she had defeated Chrono through a surprise tactic instead of the other way around, it may have waranted a AAA+ ranking instead of a AAA.
Sounds reasonable and plausible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
.... "No More Mr. Nice Guy?''

Quote:
Tonight's work,

Snipe shot in the Dark

OR

Hand of Fate
[/Rocky & Bullwinkle]

Spoiler for Shooting at Fate:
Will read later

Quote:
You got that right. Unproductive.

All I've been doing today is putting the heat on Anita to make sure Sophia comes out right, but so far it's been coming rather slo...

...wait.

KISAMA!!!
Really gotta love you guys

Quote:
Those names are in line with the Culture ship naming scheme. Which, I would expect, is not really equivalent to the canon Nanoha-verse naming scheme.

Nanoha's ship had me laughing outloud for 3 entire minutes until the entire class looked at me

Quote:
In theory, I guess it means that Schach is officially a non-combatant or at least non frontline, while Carim is. This is of course, ironic because Schach actually fights and Carim sips tea b/w prophecies...
LOL!!!!

Quote:
1) In Midchildra, battalions seem to be commanded by Majors (see Nakajima, for example). I guess you can have a full Colonel, but the unit will have to be very special.
2) This is what most armies call an "independent platoon". Put a 1st Lt (2nd Air Captain) in charge. Looks like your problem ceased to exist. You'll have to skip the 2IC part though. Platoon 2ICs are, in both Western and Soviet armies, handled by sergeants (though sergeants mean entirely different things).

Thanks for the reminder

Quote:
Your Words, Not Mine
*Eats popcorn happily and enjoys the show*

Quote:
SHOULD NOT COMPUTE

But it DOES COMPUTE!!!!!
It does?

Quote:
Noted... so there are no qualms against something device mana overproduction then?

A device reproducing mana so much that it overflows (the device somehow allows overflow out) into the space around the mage, providing a somewhat beneficial effect to the area but not to the mage itself entirely.

Thanks for the advice... and with that, the Future of the Overdrive Engine looks a bit secured for me...
Planning something to sow a new Bluecheesium field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
i was wondering if i'm going to type lol or ROFLCOPTER
Lol will be just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
In Other News:

It Looks Like we're going to have Horo Maren back now...

Summoning Complete...

*rows away*
Creator-tan: *snaps fingers*

Dia: *Shoots gondola and drags Saint X back*

Creator-tan: You're staying here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Bleah, not really satisfied with the story, but I tried to do the best I could to fit in nanohaverse

Here is Kyoya Kibagami

(profile format taken from USB500)

And USB500 is right, it may be easy to find cute girls pics that can match what you has in mind for your female OCs, doing so for males is a pain in the ass.

Spoiler for Kyoya Kibagami:
Will read later

Quote:
SS04. Although no direct mention of all of them bar Caro reaching AA rank, they were speculating which among the rookies would skip one rank and go to AA, which means by generalization, all of them are off AA level of mages by the end of StrikerS.

Caro has reached A-synthetic, btw.
Where do you get this info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
I would like to think in terms similar to g-loads, as in g-force, along with additional damage to of course, the Linker Core. Since 'strain' seems to be the most favored word in terms of pushing the limits, it shouldn't be all that far-off.

Technically, they should be experiencing tons of g-loads from all the wall-hittings and all that... the magic of BJs. -_-

Quote:
Ranks/titles. Don't take it too seriously.

Quote:
Well, it's true that exams don't have plus-minuses in their gradings... the Nanoha timeline which I translated made no mention of Nanoha/Fate taking an S+ examination, while the S rank one is mentioned.
Yup

Quote:
Actually, the first time those ranks showed up, they were already said to be not a power, but a coefficient. The fact that people are placed through a battery of practical tests rather than just having their linker core measured shows clearly that it is mostly about accomplishing tasks and thus is a coefficient test. If someone can do B-rank feats, the system does not care a whole lot whether his power is C or A.

In fact, the very rapid development of Subaru and co is itself a proof it is a coefficient. It is much more plausible for them to have been underactualized in technique than for them to have gone through major leaps in raw power output in a year.

[Pure aside]Wild Goose and ATC, about the radar business a couple of pages back. Birds are indeed filtered out of radar systems, but it is more a function of speed rather than RCS - the radar's MTI or doppler function filters away returns that show low velocity, even if they are huge (like chaff clouds). In the current world of stealthy missiles, no radar will throw away a small return if its speed is high.[/Pure aside]
Seems plausible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Wow...another weekend of 10+ pages of BACKLOG.

Ahhh, I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki
Ryotaro: *pouts in corner* I'm not weird....
Girls: We're sorry >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
Good lord this thread is intimidating.

Hoping you guys don't mind if I introduce myself to the thread and please bear with me as I try to get acquainted with this thread.

Being a lurker of the Fanfiction thread, I decided to meander on over here to take a gander and maybe join in. Nothing like 1100+ pages of posts to look at.

Time to read some of the backlog to at least try to figure out what's going on here.
Welcome to the madness of the OC thread

Hope you enjoy your stay Careful of Bluecheesium, Crack and other things that grow in masses here

Quote:

Spoiler:
EPIC shop is EPIC

Awesome job Keroko-kun

Quote:
I'd rather call it 'official rank' and 'paper rank' if someone is found with a AAA abllity, he will take the AAA test. They'll be trained before they take the test, but they will give him the AAA test as suits his measured rank, and they will repeat taking that test untill they aquired that rank.

This discussion is complicated >.<

Quote:
Well, since the Linker Core is an organ, it could be possible.
It's an organ?

Quote:
Actually, they weren't. First, Amy says that both are AAA mages while watching them. Then she rattles off the power values, and makes an offhand remark on how they exceed Chrono in the measure of power. Then Chrono rattles off his speech. It is clear that the entire measurement wasn't pure power.

If a rank is mostly about power first, there is no way Chrono can ever exceed them. If we say that 1.27 million is AAA, and Chrono is under 1.27 million, then he cannot be a AAA+ unless rank is ultimately about coefficient.

Because power is one part of the coefficient. In fact, in the manga, speed, range and even controllability of ammo is also split into those letter grades.
Will re-read later to see if I understant better

Quote:
I think there is a bit of misunderstanding on my part in terms of the meaning of coeficient, what exactly does it mean?
No idea. Someone mind explaining?

Last edited by Fuyu no Sora; 2008-02-25 at 22:52.
Old 2008-02-25, 21:40   Link #20650
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Even if the prescription for disease X is potentially life-threatening when the actual disease Z is not? This reminds me why I've never liked symptomatic treatment.
Blame the American medical system.

Quote:
You know, by insisting on this path, you insult all of us who STFUed and reworked our ideas. Kagerou wanted Erusia and Sotoa's orbits crossing each other; TK said no, pointed out how that would not work, so it was junked. Sunset Encounter was supposed to have Franz suffering from psychic feedback link to the Gravemind, but I nixed that after Kagerou said it don't work that way. Hell, even ATC is willing to nerf his Lance Rifle from the original specs.
At least I'm not being a major asshole and flat out REFUSING to change my ideas.

Quote:
All I'm trying to point out to you is that this aspect of the backstory is unlikely, does not make sense, nor invoke suspension of disbelief, and if the US military cannot detect this mage, then how is it that your corporation can?
What would you suggest? A random chance meeting in the middle of an operation?

Quote:
Also, Reiji, if you want a fight, come on. The last time I catastrophically lost my temper years ago, I nearly killed that person. Do NOT try to push me around just because I do not agree with your ideas. Do not threaten me. You're starting to become borderline abusive.
Problem with that - you and I have an ocean away from each other - and you've no idea where I live.

Quote:
As to why all my OCs have been received so well into Outer Cadia, maybe it's because I take the time to craft a backstory that makes sense within the context I'm working from? Because I take time and effort, and make sure that it fits.
And I DON'T? Granted, I managed to spin off the 82nd in about 4 hours, but I've spent the better part of 10-12 hours working and reworking the 31st up to now. My upcoming story has a least 3 TIMES that amount of work behind it - and I'm not even finished with the first episode yet.

Quote:
That was before my time, and apparently TK's time. Regardless, the past is the past. Now is the present.

This is like you telling a black man, "Well, it's alright for y'all to be enslaved again, you were alright with it before the Civil War." Crude, but the analogy works.
An analogy so crude, it has holes big enough to drive a Mack Truck thru.

Quote:
I repeat his quote from VERY FIRST POST:

"Try to have the character as realistic as possible in term of ability and magic usage"
And he IS - he's not haxxed, by your own words.

Quote:
*sighs* They were standing by a seaside wharf. They could see the discharges.

The Sea of Japan only filters out to the ocean in about... approximately 60-odd kilometers from coastline (I need to recheck geography and admiralty law on when the Sea of Japan ends and the Pacific Ocean starts.)

Furthermore, if they were an ocean away.... then they should be near Alaska, or the Panama Canal, or Magallen straits. Or rather, India. Because the Pacific Ocean ends at those places.

Also, we've established that mages fly slower than helos. Most helos do about 120knots an hour. So unless Nanoha has been flying around in a straight line away from Uminari for over an hour... but no, all indications are that things are happening faster than that and she hasn't been flying that long.

Furthermore as Keroko said, seawater is NOT purplish green. That's the sign of a barrier. Having lived near the sea and viewed it at morning, day, evening and night, I can tell.
There's continuity problems with that scene. In one shot, they're standing in Uminari in Japan, and in the next, what appears (?) to be the SOUTH POLE.

Quote:
There is no fun in being stubborn and insulting people though.
Then you've never met my brother, or half the kids that went to my high school.

Quote:
You know what? I feel like a completely, gratituously and undeservingly spoiled OC-Thread Veteran because I let my work get that far without anyone telling me off properly; probably due to my seniority here. Let me tell you this, it's for the best and your actually very lucky now that they're actually critiquing your works because it would ultimately serve for the best, for EVERYONE. I had to go thru the painful realization that all my hard work was gratituous and grossly unrequited HAXX that got through because it's an old work not to be critiqued now (and to let a bit of ego in, it was very well-made). You think it's easier that I realized it for myself? NO. It hurts a damn hell lot to willingly throw away several months worth of work. But I'll do it anyway for the sake of fairness to everyone here. And whatnot, it also hurt when I realized that I was grandstanding like an... No. I WAS a heretical and ignorant fool telling off HAXX from others when my work was the one of the most overpowered HAXX ever concieved here that I covered up with numerous words and justifications. That's pretty much tantamount to saying that I spent a whole lot of effort into this so let me be! It doesn't and shouldn't work that way!
I'm the opposite - I would RATHER realize myself that my work was crap, and junk it all rather than have someone tell you its crap, and have to go back and fix it. Considering that this is something I enjoy, it can be rather easy to offend my ego in these matters.

Quote:
What Goose meant was what gives you the right to not have your ideas nitpicked while other peoples ideas are?
The statement was easily misinterpretable - I thought he was referring to something else.

Quote:
I was mostly just looking at the names of the ships in Halo, and thinking about how they reminded me of the names of the ships in the Culture novels (by Iain M. Banks).

Those names are in line with the Culture ship naming scheme. Which, I would expect, is not really equivalent to the canon Nanoha-verse naming scheme.

My friend once named a ship called Lapsed Pacifist...guess what it did.

Quote:
Okay...

<makes series of contorted faces>

<falls over>

Horatio: Looks like his brain broke again.

Dirk: All right, drop him out the gangway...

Reiji: WAIT!! I...still...function...

@THREAD: More changes to Aileas' profile - check them before further busting.
Old 2008-02-25, 22:01   Link #20651
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Who are those guys?
Genspenst Mk IIs from Super Robot Wars Original Generations. AKA Cannon fodder. Black is Gillieam Jaeger in his custom Type-R; white is either Aya Kobayashi or Syuusei Date or Bullet Luckfield or Leona Garschtein in the Type-TT (for telepathic pilots), Green is probably Russel Bergman, Red is Katina Tarask, light Blue = Latooni Subota or her "mom" Garnet Sunday, I think, and dark blue....

THE GRAND BADASS OLD MAN OF GRUNT PILOTS!

So badass, when he's captured he turns the tables on his captors and kicks their asses!

B-rank mage kicking the asses of AAA-rank mages! (Well, roughly. Sorta.)

"One fist may not be able to destroy the world... but it can certainly destroy you!"

Whenever you hear the words"Jet Magnum" and "Genspensto KICKU", this man comes to mind:

KAI KITAMURA-SHOUSA!!!

...yes, I am a fan of Kai. But seriously, he's BADASS.

...I believe Erick was based off Kai to a certain extent...
Quote:
Whoa! Calm down there!

Seizures, paranoia, psychosis, loss of control of movement and possible cardiac arrest????

I don't see Nanoha seeing things, not breathing normally, having memory problems, collapsing to the ground after not being able to properly not being able to move properly, being overly anxious, jumpy and irritable or afraid all the time, etc, etc after using Blaster Mode

Exhaustion, collapse, maybe coma after serious power output and severe damage plus being crushed to the ground and leaving a crater of 10 feet underground, okay. But not death! Maybe like Fate and Nanoha after having their Linker Cores busted and not being able to use magic for a determined period of time, but please don't go into super-exaggerated-and-dangerous symptoms.
The context here is a B-rank jumping all the way to SS+. Just to let you know.

Quote:
Actually I think it's highly unprobable to be able to overload a Linker Core. Nanoha didn't and she used her experimental Blaster Mode which is supposed to have disastrous effects on the user. Most likely since it's an energy source, if (highly unprobable but still possible if) a Linker Core is overloaded it could go to the extent of exploding (or inploding)...
Nanoha wasn't jumping five ranks the way Reiji's OC was doing, Fuyu. That's why all this discussion was happening.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-02-25 at 22:16.
Old 2008-02-25, 22:12   Link #20652
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Quote:
Who are those guys?
Genspenst Mk IIs from Super Robot Wars Original Generations. AKA Cannon fodder. Black is Gillieam Jaeger in his custom Type-R; white is either Aya Kobayashi or Syuusei Date or Bullet Luckfield or Leona Garschtein in the Type-TT (for telepathic pilots), Green is probably Russel Bergman, Red is Katina Tarask, light Blue = Latooni Subota or her "mom" Garnet Sunday, I think, and dark blue....

THE GRAND BADASS OLD MAN OF GRUNT PILOTS!

So badass, when he's captured he turns the tables on his captors and kicks their asses!

B-rank mage kicking the asses of AAA-rank mages! (Well, roughly. Sorta.)

"One fist may not be able to destroy the world... but it can certainly destroy you!"

Whenever you hear the words"Jet Magnum" and "Genspensto KICKU", this man comes to mind:

KAI KITAMURA-SHOUSA!!!

...yes, I am a fan of Kai. But seriously, he's BADASS.

...I believe Erick was based off Kai to a certain extent...
I see....

*Makes mental note to look up Original Generations...*

Quote:
The context here is a B-rank jumping all the way to SS+. Just to let you know.

Nanoha wasn't jumping five ranks the way Reiji's OC was doing, Fuyu. That's why all this discussion was happening.
Sorry, sorry I thought we were talking about the average mage having a booster that would give him a little nudge to be stronger

In that case, then it's highly probably than even if it is five minutes her Linker Core would be turned to dust *shrugs*
Old 2008-02-25, 22:56   Link #20653
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Blame the American medical system.
I'd blame poor research, really, and looking at the wrong analogy. You were choosing a urologist as your model, remember.

Quote:
At least I'm not being a major asshole and flat out REFUSING to change my ideas.
ATC is finally toning down the Lance rifle's speed and range from 2km/s to 850m/s. He's finally changing his ideas. And Reiji... your earlier statements were highly combative and gave the impression you did not want to change. Can you fault us for thus assuming that?

Quote:
What would you suggest? A random chance meeting in the middle of an operation?
I have no ideas. I didn't sleep well, kept coughing all the night through, am still coughing, and will be going in 2 hours to see a specialist and find out WTF is wrong iwth me and whether I have ADD. I will get back to you on this later.

Quote:
Problem with that - you and I have an ocean away from each other - and you've no idea where I live.
Same problem with the Gibbslap, Reiji. Glad to see you realised the utter ridiculousness of your threat. Beside, you didn't know where I was either, assuming I was an American...

Ah maight naht be uh Texun, ah maght naht be an Amerihcun, but mah haht shull always stay in Texas.[/end Texas accent]

Srsly, took me about 2 years to get rid of my Texas accent that I picked up at Lee Elementary in Austin. (long story. Short: lived for 6 months in austin while a kid.)

Quote:
And I DON'T? Granted, I managed to spin off the 82nd in about 4 hours, but I've spent the better part of 10-12 hours working and reworking the 31st up to now. My upcoming story has a least 3 TIMES that amount of work behind it - and I'm not even finished with the first episode yet.
Look, my point is that I took the time to make sure that it all fit with canon. I took pains to balance Franz and Naomi and Ivanovich and Chief. MASTER CHIEF. BADASS CHIEF. HALO FUCKING THREE CHIEF. And he's a B-rank.

Quote:
An analogy so crude, it has holes big enough to drive a Mack Truck thru.
True. On the other hand, it also works - that is what you're saying. "I got a pass before, so why is it that I don't get a pass now?" In law, we note that statutes do not have retrospective effect; if an Act of Parliament criminalises a formerly legal activity, the next time you do it you break the law, but the past is the past.

Look at Aaron. He's dehaxxing Aurion because he doesn't want that free pass. AARON. If dehaxxing and listening to criticism is good enough for Aaron, for me, for Kagerou, for ATC (yeah, he fights, but he's FINALLY starting to listen), then what makes it not good enough for you, Reiji?

Quote:
And he IS - he's not haxxed, by your own words.
I was thinking more to Ai-chan's uncorrected profile and the fact that the Corporation's meeting with the Enforcers is unrealistic. The key word I was looking for was realism.

And this was before I'd realised that you hadn't quite clarified where he picked up Neo-Belka.

Quote:
There's continuity problems with that scene. In one shot, they're standing in Uminari in Japan, and in the next, what appears (?) to be the SOUTH POLE.
Amy screwed up the teleportation, y'know. She was supposed to teleport them out, but first screwed up and teleported them into Athra, then the South Pole, then outside the barrier, back in Uminari. Rewatch that episode.

Quote:
Then you've never met my brother, or half the kids that went to my high school.
Reiji, we're not talking about your brother or the kids at your high school. Lowe is talking about you. And while it may be fun to you, it is not fun to us.

Besides, isn't this rather hypocritical, after all your whining on how we were attacking you and Arcas?

Quote:
I'm the opposite - I would RATHER realize myself that my work was crap, and junk it all rather than have someone tell you its crap, and have to go back and fix it. Considering that this is something I enjoy, it can be rather easy to offend my ego in these matters.
Again, Reiji, as Lowe has said: SUCK IT UP. You don't think my ego was offended by how TK hasbusted my awesome in Joint Training Pt.1 & Pt.2? You don't think it hurt to have a guy I liked and respected ripping into my work? But TK was right, it was Fail, and totally charecter derailment of everyone. And Franz & co came off looking as really big pricks. So I'm washing my hands of JT1&2 and retconning heavily - how, I have no idea, JT was supposed to be crack and lulz; but I'm working on it.

Again, Reiji. What gives you the right to demand that we appease your ego and not offend you when all of our egos have been trampled on at points?

Another point. In MSLN Alpha, Yuuno is a member of the OFM. When I placed him into 1st Squad, Alpha Platoon, Assault Company, I hadn't thought much beyond "Lol, let's make Yuuno badass." Following your argument that as writer I have the right to go "That's how it is and that's how it is!" I could just leave it there with no justifications. But what am I doing?

I am now working on a backstory for Yuuno's recruitment into the OFM that will make sense within StrikerS and Alpha canon and be plausible.

Quote:
The statement was easily misinterpretable - I thought he was referring to something else.
I'm not sure how easily misinterpretable it is considering that Keroko picked it up, and since he's Dutch and lives in Holland, English would be his second language, as opposed to you, Reiji, who is an American and for whom English is a first language. Didn't you see the words "double standard"?

You know what I think the real issue is? Here's the real issue as I see it. You have shit happening IRL. We understand that. We sympathise. But do NOT expect us to roll over and let you vent on us. Keep IRL outta this. We all have problems, Reiji. We do not bring them here and vent at people.

What's happening though, is that you're taking the happenings on OC too seriously as attacks on yourself. These are not attacks on you. We're trying to make a better charecter. This is the iron-sharpening-iron that all OCs go through on here.

This is how I see things, this is how I call it. No more. No less.

And frankly, Reiji, I have better things to do with my time than to be attacking you. I'm busting because with TK gone, somebody needs to step up to the plate, and I am willing.

(...that's not to say that Keroko and Liingo and ark don't bust.... *runs*)

God, I wish TK were here. Too many OCs, not enough time to read, reread, and bust. *sighs*

Quote:
I see....

*Makes mental note to look up Original Generations...*
Sadly, OGs is all Japanese -__- PS2 game, released last year, essentially an enhanced remake of Original Generation 1 and Original Generation 2, which were GBA games. OG1 & OG2 have been translated to English and roms can be found and run with GBA emulators.

If you'd like... I could email them to you...

Quote:
Sorry, sorry I thought we were talking about the average mage having a booster that would give him a little nudge to be stronger

In that case, then it's highly probably than even if it is five minutes her Linker Core would be turned to dust *shrugs*
No problem, it's alright. The average mage already has that booster though - the Cartridges do that, pretty much. Sorry I was a bit sharp with you then.

@Sheba: will read and bust your OC ASAP -_-

@USB500: The same -_-

Naomi:
"...meido jackets are moe, but they don't really work in attatracting attention. DAMNIT LOOK AT ME!!!" ;__;

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-25, 23:08   Link #20654
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Spoiler for Quoted for Truth and Great Justice:

God, I wish TK were here. Too many OCs, not enough time to read, reread, and bust. *sighs*
TK is dangerous....I read some of his H4XXBusting and seriously, I'm not planning on making something unrealistic so that when he comes back he'll blast it until the middle of next century *shudders*

Quote:
Sadly, OGs is all Japanese -__- PS2 game, released last year, essentially an enhanced remake of Original Generation 1 and Original Generation 2, which were GBA games. OG1 & OG2 have been translated to English and roms can be found and run with GBA emulators.

If you'd like... I could email them to you...
Tche! -_-

Nah, that's okay ^^ Thanks for the offer though ^^ I appreciate it (<--- likes to grin)

Quote:
No problem, it's alright. The average mage already has that booster though - the Cartridges do that, pretty much. Sorry I was a bit sharp with you then.
It's alright ^^ I've been harsh and sharp without meaning to in the past and I know how easily it can be done without us realizing it

Quote:
@Sheba: will read and bust your OC ASAP -_-

Quote:
@USB500: The same -_-

Quote:
Naomi: "...meido jackets are moe, but they don't really work in attatracting attention. DAMNIT LOOK AT ME!!!" ;__;
We have maids in here?

*Runs off to finish working to be free to look up and read profile*
Old 2008-02-25, 23:14   Link #20655
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Yeah, backlogs to read, OCs to bust, and not enough time to do it all -_-

Though at least so far Frieda don't seem to bad, and USB500's willing to drop the badass GSG-9 for the not quite badass but more recon in broad daylight undercover SRR...

*grin* Naomi-chan's Meido Jacket is a replica of the maid outfit she wore during an open day (for soemthing, forgot what), where her friends had a maid cafe theme. Naomi's profile can be found here and here.

Annnd now I'm off to go find out what's wrong with me...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-02-25, 23:22   Link #20656
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Yeah, backlogs to read, OCs to bust, and not enough time to do it all -_-

Though at least so far Frieda don't seem to bad, and USB500's willing to drop the badass GSG-9 for the not quite badass but more recon in broad daylight undercover SRR...

*grin* Naomi-chan's Meido Jacket is a replica of the maid outfit she wore during an open day (for soemthing, forgot what), where her friends had a maid cafe theme. Naomi's profile can be found here and here.

Annnd now I'm off to go find out what's wrong with me...
Well, yeah, considering the suggestion you gave, I've done some revisions on her profile (although not that much).

Alright! More of Naomi's stories that I've forgotten. *goes to read*

finally got my hands on Aria the Animation. Awesome story, added with awesome astronomical prediction on Mars' future and awesome characters (Akari-chan is ).
Old 2008-02-25, 23:23   Link #20657
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Okay...

The same reaction everywhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

As for my unexplained absence...well, let's just say that I got pulled into something addictive and lost track of the important things
Welcome back!

Quote:
Those were the days of *static*

*Glares at static* >.>
How do you see radio static...?

Quote:
When did SHE leave?
Uh... Appears in the Rebuilt timeline?

Quote:
Whoa! Calm down there!

I don't see Nanoha seeing things, not breathing normally, having memory problems, not being able to move properly, being overly anxious, jumpy and irritable or afraid all the time, etc, etc after using Blaster Mode

~~~~~~

Actually from the shape Nanoha ended up, baring physical trauma from fighting off the Type-4 stealth bots, it does show that magical stress has some neural basis. Severe fatigue and psychosis is very possible, and even in my crack I've always tied ones magic circuit to be in close association with both the central and peripheral nervous system...

It might not be that extreme like exploding cores, but I believe comatosis and paralysis (and other conditions associated with nervous damage) are possible severe consequences.

"Psychosis is an effect of magic circuit rupture causing magitoma (retention of mana) in the nervous system."
Quote:
Oh God, I love you guys

~~~~~~

Really gotta love you guys
Old 2008-02-25, 23:43   Link #20658
Jimmy C

Quote:
If a rank is mostly about power first, there is no way Chrono can ever exceed them. If we say that 1.27 million is AAA, and Chrono is under 1.27 million, then he cannot be a AAA+ unless rank is ultimately about coefficient.

Because power is one part of the coefficient. In fact, in the manga, speed, range and even controllability of ammo is also split into those letter grades.
I've been thinking about that, this could be where the plus and minus modifiers come in.
Say, for example:
A-rank: Has A-level power and has shown the skills to use it properly
A-minus rank: Has A-level power but not shown skills to use that power properly
A-plus rank: Has better skills than required for A-rank but does not yet have AA-rank power.

There are two issues that I see here. One, a mere plus or minus sign doesn't tell you how far above or below a rank a mage's skills are. Second, I would be completely off track if the rankings for things like speed and range, etc have modifiers too, do they?
Just checked the manga, they do.
Quote:
Plasma Lancer. Speed: A+
Just great. Any suggestions?
Old 2008-02-26, 00:02   Link #20659
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Too much to read. Not much relevance, just one thing.
Quote:
Welcome back!

Quote:
Uh huh. Stone for a day or 2 like me and you get swamped. Then again, most of the discussions are a bit too heavy for me. /me has no knowledge on medical science nor military weaponry

Quote:

Anyways, here's some replies from somewhat recent posts
Erm erm...What's this addictive thing?

Quote:
I like Vita's reply to Erio's questions, it reveals a rarely seen side of her

Quote:
Who summoned me?
Many of us have tried, and failed. So I have no idea which summon you have heeded.

Quote:
I've been spotted
Guess some people do pay attention to the bottom of the page. I know I don't actively check who's around.

Quote:
~~~~

Well, that's it for today, but starting tomorrow, I'll start from where I left off
Maybe work on an new OP

Well, then, see you later!
*runs as usual*
Finishing BreakerS? (or was it finished already?)

@ark: The coefficient thing makes a lot of sense, I also remember the scene where they commented on Fate and Nanoha's power value. However, Amy did state that they were AAA ranked mages, just from noticing their power value alone.

I believe it is possible that power value plays a major factor in the coefficient, with skill and experience next in importance. Just my 2 cents. If you check the manga, during Fate's test she fought Chrono, who is AAA+ ranked and she claimed that Chrono could beat her without breaking sweat. Now earlier we know that in terms of power, Chrono is lower, though the power margin may not really be all that much. In the end, the tactic of using a delayed bind won the match.

So in conclusion, tactical sense, experience, as well as skill should definitely play a major part in the coefficient. Please don't snipe me if I don't make sense. *runs*
Old 2008-02-26, 00:17   Link #20660
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by toran View Post
Good lord this thread is intimidating.

Hoping you guys don't mind if I introduce myself to the thread and please bear with me as I try to get acquainted with this thread.

Being a lurker of the Fanfiction thread, I decided to meander on over here to take a gander and maybe join in. Nothing like 1100+ pages of posts to look at.

Time to read some of the backlog to at least try to figure out what's going on here.
"Good lord this thread is intimidating."

Such nice opening words from someone starting his journey...

I guess you have everything?

Guys, another victim sacrifice comrade is here

Quote:
Welcome back...

Quote:
Who summoned me?
*whistles*

*rows gondola away quietly and slowly*

Quote:
Naomi-chan has a Meido Jacket which HAS been used in mock combat. Just not on a real mission.
well i prefer Meido that wear their Meidofuku while in combat...

Spoiler for Like This Gal:

But...

Spoiler for ZOMFG LV 8 Information!!!:

*continues working on Royal Valkyrie Squad and the Royal Trias +1*

Quote:
DAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! CURSED BACKLOOOOOOOOOGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

*Slaps self and regains senses*

*Goes and looks for GN Cannon*

*Aims and fires away*

Bluecheesium Backlog BREAKA!!!
*Sees backlog vaporized by a blue beam*

HEY LEAVE SOME FOR US!!!

Quote:

*waves* Be sure to come back soon!!!
I'm back!

Quote:
*Facepalms* Why is it that I don't wanna know either? *shudders at mere thought*
Well it's in the Khatastrophic magnitude...

Quote:

So that's the name of your organization huh? "The Gondolists"... Proud to be one of them I could bet?
It's not an illegal organization...

Quote:
THAT STILL DOESN'T MEAN HE SHOULD BE BACK!!!!!!!
AM.I.SEEING.SIGNS.OF.LONELINESS?

*runs*

Quote:
Lol would've been just fine
ROFL ROFL ROFL...

Quote:
Oh? And why is that? Please do tell me, I'm dying to know.
You don't even know?

Quote:
???

Which one? *Interested*
It's there, buried in 1000 pages of backlog...

Quote:
*Growls* Don't remind me *growls some more*

'Cause I really should have -_-
[X VISION]

Sees Torched FFers lol

Sees Torched FFers lol

Sees Torched FFers lol

Sees Torched FFers lol

[/X VISION]

Quote:
Souka. Noted
Now we need is Yomiko and the E-Genes

*hears killer Beethoven music*

Quote:
?????: Unfortunately, I have a promise to keep with this guy.

????? Kicks Saint X out of Hell

Quote:
*Shudders at the implications of teh root word*
*further shudders*

Quote:
["Persuasive" voices] Shoooooowww iiitttttt tooooo uuussssss[/"Persuasive" voices]
*sees someone hit her head on a low bridge*

Quote:
Why an "A" ?
Amano-Sensei made all the characters names Start with an "A"

Akari, Alicia, Aika, Akira, Alice, Athena, Atora, Anzu, Ayumi...

Quote:
Planning something to sow a new Bluecheesium field?
I already did with Bridget

I'm doing "fieldwork" already, tending to my character until harvest time...

That didn't sound good...

Quote:
Creator-tan: *snaps fingers*

Dia: *Shoots gondola and drags Saint X back*

Creator-tan: You're staying here