Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-27, 03:21   Link #841
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Actually i believe this one to be quite possible If Hinata would have been alive it is safe to assume that the boogieman would have tried to marry her of to Takuma instead of Hotaru. This requires for the marriage to be planned beforehand, which i am not sure it is ... Takuma seemed fairly clueless on the matter, so hard to tell if its something that the grandpa came up on the spot or it had been "planned" beforehand on behalf of his parents or something. The grandpa seemed aware of his arrival and Hotaru had her "instructions" beforehand. This leaves the question why they simply didn't tell Takuma if the marriage was prearranged though.

Well, chances are he would have still been drawn to Hayami and her situation. Meh, just some early morning rumblings from me

If Hinata had lived, I think Hayami's situation would have been somewhat different. Hinata would have been brave enough to not forsake her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 03:24   Link #842
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If Hinata had lived, I think Hayami's situation would have been somewhat different. Hinata would have been brave enough to not forsake her.
Well, yeah, basically... the entire plot would have been 100% different, except for Takuma coming back to town. So, ultimately, it's the sort of speculation that, while interesting, doesn't get you very far because it's all made-up.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 05:13   Link #843
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Spoiler for Episode 10 spoilers from NewType preview:
Personally I'd be surprised (and disappointed) if it turned any way other than this way.
Old 2008-02-27, 10:41   Link #844
changeup

There is another possibility that it seems no one has mentioned (I could be wrong about this). It could be an open ending, with Takuma ending up with none of these girls, just like what happened in another anime which has a similar general background and settings (if you watched that one, you know which one I am refering to...). This kind of ending may leave everyone feeling unsatisfied, but sometimes it might be the only ending possible to soothe everyone...

BTW: as for OP, who do you guys think are the two characters refering to? Takuma and Otoha? Hayami and Takuma? Takuma and Hotaru?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I'm rooting for Hamaji just for lulz.
I second this if just because this will make it the first time

Spoiler for If you haven't finished episode 4, don't enter:
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 10:49   Link #845
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
There is another possibility that it seems no one has mentioned (I could be wrong about this). It could be an open ending, with Takuma ending up with none of these girls, just like what happened in another anime which has a similar general background and settings (if you watched that one, you know which one I am refering to...). This kind of ending may leave everyone feeling unsatisfied, but sometimes it might be the only ending possible to soothe everyone...
No, i can't really imagine to what you are referring to. Only show that comes to mind wich dealt with somewhat similar issues is Higurashi, and that is not exactly a romance show. But honestly, everything points towards Hayami and has been doing so ever since the anime started, i really don't think we need to consider an open ending. Those usually come to be when the source material anime is following has yet to be finished, so they tend to come up with anime original open endings that leave room for possible second season and not to contradict the source. H2O is based on a visual novel, which obviously has conclusive endings and obviously is finished, so i don't think we need to fear open or inconclusive endings.
Old 2008-02-27, 11:02   Link #846
changeup

Quote:
But honestly, everything points towards Hayami and has been doing so ever since the anime started, i really don't think we need to consider an open ending.
Maybe I was watching this show in a different angle. I cannot agree with your statement that everything points towards Hayami ending. For me, I think so far the show has been depicting the ties between Hayami and Hotaru. It has been very obvious from Hotaru's side, while a little bit less direct from Hayami's side, although it has been hinted in multiple occasions. Up to now I think the relationship between Hayami and Takuma is only as of very good friends, but nothing more.

Now this series may go towards Hayami's direction since Otoha eliminated herself from the contention (well, I would hope she makes a comeback). However, I am not convinced that it was an obvious Hayami route from the beginning.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 11:17   Link #847
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hayami has shown romantic interest in Takuma on a few occasions, a bit of jealousy and went as far as confronting Hotaru about her "true feelings" towards Takuma. It is hard to tell whether Takuma has any romantic interest in Hayami at this point, but she obviously cares for him. If she were to confess to him, what are the chances of Takuma saying no ? (Even the OP favors Hayami among the other girls). Even this aside, i think we can agree with something else - that there has been absolutely nothing to point towards Hotaru. He has not shown any romantic interest in her (he certainly had his chances of doing so), and her advances towards him were not honest affection and there is nothing to point towards Hotaru having actual romantic interest in him. Even if she had (which she doesn't), she would likely step down for Hayami given their past situation. Otoha is a spirit, thus i don't think she was ever truly "in the running". Chances are she might have feelings for him, but there is only so far that can go.

You can point me towards this when the series end and i will eat my words if i am wrong, but i am expecting nothing but a Hayami ending, and i don't expect to be wrong
Old 2008-02-27, 17:14   Link #848
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Otoha is a spirit, thus i don't think she was ever truly "in the running". Chances are she might have feelings for him, but there is only so far that can go.
Isn't the title Hayami+Hamaji+Otoha=H2O?
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 17:17   Link #849
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
No, surely it is "H Hige Oji-san".

EDIT:

Spoiler for ep9 preview pics:

Picture #4, 5, & 6 are...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-02-27 at 18:22.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 21:19   Link #850
Snuffle
likes cute things

That 2nd preview pic, it's a lamp right? But why does it look like a corn on the cob?
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 22:43   Link #851
cowteats

Quote:
I thought it's
Hinata + Hotaru + Otoha = H2O. O_O
cowteats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 23:01   Link #852
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowteats View Post
I thought it's
Hinata + Hotaru + Otoha = H2O. O_O
It was in one of the early episode "previews" they explain the title. Pretty sure the second 'H' was 'Hamaji.'
Old 2008-02-28, 00:20   Link #853
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
It was in one of the early episode "previews" they explain the title. Pretty sure the second 'H' was 'Hamaji.'
Well, yeah, that was the joke, which is why it came up again in the recent episode and Hotaru was wondering why everyone hated her. If it actually has anything to do with the names at all, the three main heroines in the original game were Hayami, Hotaru, and Otoha, so I would guess they're referring to that.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 00:34   Link #854
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Ah, a joke. I was wondering why there was so much focus on Hinata/Hotaru if she wasn't one of the "main girls"
Old 2008-02-28, 13:44   Link #855
Snuffle
likes cute things

I may sound like an idiot... but before learning what the show was about and who the characters were... I thought the title ment "water"
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 14:40   Link #856
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I just loved this episode <3

ep 9
Spoiler:

Screens soon...

Edit: screencaps

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-02-28 at 15:26.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 17:12   Link #857
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Ah, a joke. I was wondering why there was so much focus on Hinata/Hotaru if she wasn't one of the "main girls"
I think Hinata and Hotaru were meant to be used interchangeably because of the whole changing of names things kind of like a play on the names at least thats what i always assumed.

Off topic I think this was 3000th post YAY
Old 2008-02-28, 18:04   Link #858
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

Off topic I think this was 3000th post YAY
Do you mean you personally or the thread. Because if it's the thread there 40 short of 900.

Simply loved the ep. Now where will this take us.
Old 2008-02-28, 18:22   Link #859
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I just loved this episode <3

ep 9
Spoiler:

Screens soon...

Edit: screencaps
Spoiler for Episode 9:

EDIT: Megami Scan:

Last edited by Shinji103; 2008-02-28 at 18:36.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 19:10   Link #860
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs