Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraJesusYamato View Post
i can see several yrs...
What ??
LuMiZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 10:46   Link #3262
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I would like to point out that Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Rumors and Speculation [spoilers] thread has been created. Please relocate all discussion concerning possible spoilers from unofficial sources there. Thank you.
Old 2008-02-29, 11:40   Link #3263
KiraJesusYamato

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuMiZu View Post
What ??
some are not seeing several years... as in years!

for that to past.. and how would that uin the target demographic for this show it won't.. trust when i say that.. I give it

2-3 .12 years atleast...
KiraJesusYamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 13:02   Link #3264
LuMiZu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraJesusYamato View Post
some are not seeing several years... as in years!

for that to past.. and how would that uin the target demographic for this show it won't.. trust when i say that.. I give it

2-3 .12 years atleast...
I'm guessing you mean even with the jump in time frame, the target group would still accept it? I think at most half or one year can be acceptable for the season 2, given its a continuation of what we have now. We don't even know if they are treating it as season 2, or a continuation of season 1 (making its a true 52 episode series) . Even Code Geass R2 hasn't got a long time skip.

Anyways, back on topic
LuMiZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 11:39   Link #3265
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Gundam 00 DVD Vol. 2 first week sales ranking
Oricon has the 2nd volume of Gundam 00 as the 3rd highest selling DVD on the overall weekly DVD sales charts and the 2nd on the anime weekly DVD charts. Reports from 2ch put the estimated sales at 19,927 copies.

frm Gunota
This is a massive drop off from just Code Geass let alone the SEED series. Looks like Gundam 00 won't even outdo FMA's dvd avg per volume at this rate. I'm a bit worried over the message these sales will be giving to the people running Bandai/Sunrise....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 11:48   Link #3266
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Since there's a new thread for rumors, people might be wanting the real spoilers buried deep within this large thread.

From Web Newtype (my translation):
■22話 (3/8)
トランザム 世界は今、ガンダムを捕獲対象ではなく殲滅すべき相手として見ている。世界統合軍の圧倒的な攻撃の前に、ト リニティすら防戦一方に追いやられている。状況は圧倒的に不利。しかし刹那の瞳は、まだ輝きを失ってはいな かった……。
(Transamu - The world has stopped trying to capture Gundams, instead they have become targets for destructions. In the face of the overwhelming firepower of the United Nations, the Thrones can only fight a rearguard action. The situation is dire. But Setsuna's eyes do not lose their sparkle...

----

The translation for the quoted image (image is blurry, read at own risk):

Episode 22: "Transamu" - Setsuna & co. have escaped for the time being. But in the face of overwhelming power from the United Nations, Setsuna's heart is still strong.

Episode 23: "To Stop the World" - Setsuna and the Trinities getting toyed with by Zwei, which is piloted by Ali. In this battle, "that received thing" may become a trump card but...

Episode 24: "Endless Poem" - Standing in the battlefield against the overwhelming forces of the United Nations: the bloodied, anguished Meisters... (this could mean anything)
Old 2008-03-01, 15:54   Link #3267
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
This is a massive drop off from just Code Geass let alone the SEED series. Looks like Gundam 00 won't even outdo FMA's dvd avg per volume at this rate. I'm a bit worried over the message these sales will be giving to the people running Bandai/Sunrise....
A lot of people might be waiting for the Blu-ray version though. It's hard to judge really until we get the Blu-ray figures added in which won't be for a few months.
Old 2008-03-01, 15:59   Link #3268
Westlo
Lets be reality

I hope those sales are decent, I really don't want to see a 3rd series of you know what...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 19:57   Link #3269
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
A lot of people might be waiting for the Blu-ray version though. It's hard to judge really until we get the Blu-ray figures added in which won't be for a few months.
Hard to say, as IIRC Blu-ray sales make up less than 1% of total disc sales in Japan, and hi-def discs so far have definitely not caught on there...
Old 2008-03-01, 19:58   Link #3270
TheCreator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Hard to say, as IIRC Blu-ray sales make up less than 1% of total disc sales in Japan, and hi-def discs so far have definitely not caught on there...

High def is dead =>
TheCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 19:59   Link #3271
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well now that HD-DVD is dead people might be investing more into the blu-ray merchandise now.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 20:37   Link #3272
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well now that HD-DVD is dead people might be investing more into the blu-ray merchandise now.
Might even be worth it to buy a PS3 now.

I'm actually not surprised that 00 isn't selling as well as others, its not the usual gundam and has probably not been near as popular (yet) as its predecessors. Though, it might pick up.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 07:42   Link #3273
Sides

Don't know if was asked before, in the lastest episode we actually saw that the AEU and Union forces were using the GN-X suits in space. And in earlier episodes we saw some space battles with HRL's Tieren suits. But what about mobiles suits from the AEU and Union, can they operate in space? Maybe someone who read the official sidestory manga could answers this.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 08:15   Link #3274
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Don't know if was asked before, in the lastest episode we actually saw that the AEU and Union forces were using the GN-X suits in space. And in earlier episodes we saw some space battles with HRL's Tieren suits. But what about mobiles suits from the AEU and Union, can they operate in space? Maybe someone who read the official sidestory manga could answers this.
Yes for flags and hellions, not so sure about enacts and realdos.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 12:08   Link #3275
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I don' really see that Marina has anything to do with the series at all =_=''

There's no way she will turn out to be like Lacus or Relena

I guess we will need to wait for season 2.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 16:42   Link #3276
Zerowinger

im just wondering what everyting think about Gundam 00? I love it, as im a Gundam Fanbout i actully like every gundam series made so far! i dont hate anyone!
Zerowinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 18:19   Link #3277
digi.amuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerowinger View Post
im just wondering what everyting think about Gundam 00? I love it, as im a Gundam Fanbout i actully like every gundam series made so far! i dont hate anyone!
Even SD Gundam Force? Not many people liked it, but I thought it was pretty good. Nice changeup from the usual serious political nature of gundam. I havent seen many gundam shows (Wing, G, Seed, Seed Destiny, 0080, Original, SD), but I've pretty much liked them all (tho Seed Destiny was enjoyed the least as it was all kinds of failure). So far so good with 00. Its been getting really good lately, tho. Kinda sucks that we have to wait a couple months for next half to begin, but luckily Code Geass R2 will return to fill the void.
Old 2008-03-03, 14:11   Link #3278
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerowinger View Post
im just wondering what everyting think about Gundam 00? I love it!
I'm still with SEED....

Sumeragi is the only reason I keep watching 00.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 14:21   Link #3279
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I hope those sales are decent, I really don't want to see a 3rd series of you know what...
Don't worry, if I recall "that series" failed to sell it's model kit line quota and as such was also considered unprofitable to an extent. If we can get a count on how this series model's are selling we'll know if it is making it's case to the executive producers in that regard.

I've pretty much enjoyed ever Gundam Series to date other than Seed Destiny. By the time Seed Destiny had reached the point where 00 is right now it had already run out of steam and lost favour with me and we were starting to see the infamous reused footage. 00 in my opinion is only getting better from a strong early foundation that set the rules of the universe and gave a base for the characters to develop from.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 15:52   Link #3280
Teletha

I think you are kind of full of crap if you think "that series" didn't make Sunrise/Bandai shit loads of money. Just saying. Though I do know the former main character of "that series" didn't sell many model kits of his Gundam. There were tons of merchandise that DID sell very well though. I've never seen a series with more figures and posters come out. I do think that the business has kind of moved past model kits though, dvd sales are where a lot of the money comes from. Though, I don't think Gundam 00 is doing bad, would be better if it did at least as good as Geass though imo.
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers