AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-29, 18:47   Link #981
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Spoiler for 268:
Old 2008-02-29, 19:41   Link #982
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
This is the absolute baddest ass thing I have seen... EVER!

Well maybe I'm exaggerating a bit...

Spoiler for manga picture:
Old 2008-02-29, 21:50   Link #983
goku888

This is the baddest ass
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
This is the absolute baddest ass thing I have seen... EVER!

Well maybe I'm exaggerating a bit...

Old 2008-02-29, 21:58   Link #984
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Wouldn't it be funny if that guy turned out to be the original Kei (Assuming the kei we know is a clone)

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2008-02-29, 23:33   Link #985
Diedrupo

@268
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-01, 00:16   Link #986
Mizuno
Undefined

only in the Gantz world you would see people losing multiple limbs and still don't die. the old man and the other guy will be back, as well as the whore.
Old 2008-03-01, 04:32   Link #987
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
the thing that bothers me is that we have Katou head showing in the little caption at the end of the chapter.
if katou is to become the new main character this manga is over for me :/ this character is a waste of ink for me.
Old 2008-03-01, 09:13   Link #988
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

i'm not a big fan of katou, and I have been critical of phase 2 in general as i feel like this manga is dragging on with poorer stories and less interaction with the characters we had gotten used to. that having been said i still get it every week or so for free so i am gonna keep reading in the hopes that it does get back to what it once was, i know the author can do better because he has done better.
Old 2008-03-01, 10:09   Link #989
Sinta

Agreed, he just isn't the same as Kei, I just don't care as much when Kei isn't in the picture. And I miss Lara Croft
Old 2008-03-01, 12:54   Link #990
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
only in the Gantz world you would see people losing multiple limbs and still don't die. the old man and the other guy will be back, as well as the whore.
You'd think, but I doubt that Oka can kill the boss before those guys die...
Old 2008-03-01, 13:21   Link #991
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku888 View Post
This is the baddest ass
[/QUOTE]

Ok the baddest ass thing I've ever seen has become the the second baddest ass thing I've ever seen I love the detail in that drawing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
the thing that bothers me is that we have Katou head showing in the little caption at the end of the chapter.
if katou is to become the new main character this manga is over for me :/ this character is a waste of ink for me.
Yeah it kind of put me off too, but I think he is switching between them as the main character. He developed Kei's character to where he started caring about people. Now he is probably developing kato's character so he will not care so much? I don't know but kei better be back shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
i'm not a big fan of katou, and I have been critical of phase 2 in general as i feel like this manga is dragging on with poorer stories and less interaction with the characters we had gotten used to. that having been said i still get it every week or so for free so i am gonna keep reading in the hopes that it does get back to what it once was, i know the author can do better because he has done better.
It has been kind of draging on latley, but at least there is some story being told (unlike bleach) the new suit and the robot thing are going to be really cool to learn about. Also the aliens are attacking in larger numbers and regular people are being killed. Invasion anyone? I think its going to get really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
Agreed, he just isn't the same as Kei, I just don't care as much when Kei isn't in the picture. And I miss Lara Croft
I miss her too man! I also kind of miss Kishimoto... never thought I would say that.

Last edited by MAQI; 2008-03-01 at 13:25. Reason: my spelling sucks! lol!
Old 2008-03-01, 13:26   Link #992
ShikaShika
無罪

Inaba can't die, he's the best. No but seriously he's funny, and you can't help thinking Oku must have had something in store for him down the line, why else keep him around for so long. Right now he reminds me of Kurono before/during the buddha mission, I hope he at least gets to shed his 'useless image' and at least go out with some flare when/if he does die.

As for the special suit, I'm not crazy about the size of it, would have prefered it being smaller. Looks kind of like some meccha thing, of which I'm not a great fan.

So can we assume the Osaka dude brings him down? Kind of boring from the reader's perspective since we don't really know him, but then we didn't really know Nishi during the very first mission either. Other than him, there's not a whole lot of people left with some fight in them, Katou, Kaze, Reika and Sakurai. I'm not counting the Osaka girls, the nerd, grandparents/grandson or Takeshi as it's way out of their league.

More interestingly, I'm pressuming that the teams merge after this mission. We're obviously not gonna get all these new characters introduced just to be done with them after the mission. Or what do you think? Raises some questions though, where would they all go after the mission is complete? Tokyo or Osaka? Can we expect the team to go to other Japanese cities after this?

Seems a lot of people here aren't getting into the manga as much without Kurono, and while I'd like him back too I still feel that part 2 is exciting, and growing on me by the chapter. It is in no way what so ever dragged out more than part 1, part 1 was also slow as hell (especially with the release shedule and Oku's tendencies to draw full page panels and two page spreads). I don't mind at all Katou being the temporary main character, and there's plenty of other interesting characters to go around. (Well some of them I know I'm quite alone in liking, like Inaba etc.)

On a side note, whoever posted the Kishimoto picture made me really miss her... well, looking at her. Here's for another two weeks waiting for next chapter.
Old 2008-03-01, 13:36   Link #993
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
On a side note, whoever posted the Kishimoto picture made me really miss her... well, looking at her. Here's for another two weeks waiting for next chapter.
That was me and I miss looking at her more than her herself too. I think the new osaka girl following kato around is hotter anyway.

Here is a colored bigger picture of the avatar I have. I'l wrap a spoiler tag around it.

Spoiler for size:

Last edited by MAQI; 2008-03-01 at 18:13.
Old 2008-03-01, 17:28   Link #994
Mizuno
Undefined

Yeah, I think Anzu is the 2nd hottest woman in the series besides Reika who's no.1. I emphasize on woman coz she's got a kid!

The 3rd hottest is probably Izumi's girlfriend...
Old 2008-03-01, 19:30   Link #995
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

laura croft.... or sei or whatever you wanna call her is so far and away my favorite chick. reika is too much of a stereotype for me. i actually do miss kurono, some of these others i watch them die and my reaction is either meh or yay!!
Old 2008-03-02, 03:51   Link #996
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
should start a "bring kuruno kei, get ride of katou" campaign to save this manga
Old 2008-03-02, 12:22   Link #997
reinloch

Katou is fine as the new main character. I hope he gets developed well. Kei can stay dead for as long as it takes.
Old 2008-03-02, 12:36   Link #998
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinloch View Post
Katou is fine as the new main character. I hope he gets developed well. Kei can stay dead for as long as it takes.
Well I am hoping that it does not take too long. I think that if not after this hunt for sure after the next one katou or one of the other guys will bring him back.

Although that might be too predictable for this manga, it might actually take a while...
Old 2008-03-04, 10:41   Link #999
ShikaShika
無罪

Unless Katou finishes off the boss I doubt anyone who would revive Kurono would even get 100 points this mission.
Old 2008-03-05, 10:23   Link #1000
Diedrupo

Yeah, I don't think Kurono will be revived anytime soon... After all, how many years did it take for Katou to be revived?
Closed Thread