AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-04, 19:44   Link #41
TheNewbSwordsMan

speaking of cliche, the only cliche thing about this anime is that the blood is simply kiddy blood, a little squirt here, a little squirt there, my 14 year old brother also watches this show and he thinks its still cartoonish, so i wouldnt call anything gross or gruesome.

ive yet to be shocked by any violent act in this anime, but seeing as it is a shounen anime which is meant for boys and im in my mid/late twenties, im not so surprised. but think about this,the whole show is about spirits using SWORDS as weapons, i think i would take objectiion MORE, if there was less blood, than there is at the current lvl.
Old 2008-01-05, 12:56   Link #42
cp9
Cipher Pol nr.9

Location: No way, <--supposed to be an R in there but i forgot where:P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Well Bleach is Bleach, and it can't be Bleach without the random blood splatters and sword wounds here & there... but it seems to steadily be getting more gruesome and violent.

Not much was in the first arc. Random hollows getting cut up. The first bloodbath was when Ichigo was pwned by Byakuya in the real world. But then in SS, there came Mayuri with his megacreepy babyworm Bankai and how he's able to recieve gaping wounds and still talk trash. It was awesome... you don't see much of that kinda stuff in shonen.

Then the Bound that died relatively slowly, shriveling up before poofing to dust. And now the scene with Yami hitting a subordinate so hard, her head was crushed. Oh, and not to mention the random bloody swordfights and...
Spoiler for Manga:
I might be missing a few gruesome/violent events, but feel free to point them out.

What I'm supprised at is how much all of this don't effect some peoples' opinions about how cliche Bleach is. I think the volence and blood is one of the things that makes Bleach unique as a shonen anime.

Discuss.

nothing compared to elfen lied, that one is hardcore
Old 2008-01-06, 02:50   Link #43
WhiteWings

Well Bleach is not that graphic in showing the details though the recent events in the latest manga pushes the envelope for a non-mature rating series in non-violent(so to speak) themes.
Old 2008-01-13, 01:28   Link #44
Lelite

What I found out recently was that injuries appear more serious and 'hurt' me more (so to speak) when there's LESS blood, not more of it.

I was watching D.Gray-Man, and I there were a few moments when I kind of.... winced. So far, that's never happened in Bleach. And there is little blood in DGM - the anime, of course.

Again, I was watching Claymore and... the injuries were more real, but still. Large fountains of blood take away all of the realism.

Bleach is fairly tame, compared to some things.
Old 2008-02-08, 00:46   Link #45
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-02-08, 01:02   Link #46
Ziv

Old 2008-02-08, 02:55   Link #47
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-03-05, 17:17   Link #48
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

and here we are with ep163

Spoiler for ep163 / chpt273/274 which is the same:
Old 2008-03-05, 19:52   Link #49
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Wow, they srsly toned down the violence. Im not going to say thats what made the scene, but sheer damage that she had to reverse in the manga far outweighs what was in the anime, which didnt make her abilities look nearly as impressive. Like hell Menoly was disintergrated, though they did try and make up for it a little with the shadowed body regenerating..
Old 2008-03-05, 20:18   Link #50
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well, remember when Yami pretty much ripped off Chad's arm? they altered that scene pretty well in the anime.
Old 2008-03-05, 22:19   Link #51
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
well, remember when Yami pretty much ripped off Chad's arm? they altered that scene pretty well in the anime.
you're right, the same thing happened when Sado went against Noitorra

btw, I find it kind of funny that it seems to be "ok" if an arrow hits you in your chest/stomach, but it's not "ok" when it pierces through your throat

Old 2008-03-05, 22:40   Link #52
Nico

nice comparisons wondermike, its very interesting, never knew the anime was toned down so much
Old 2008-03-05, 23:52   Link #53
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

damn...manga one is better, not like it's bloody o_o
Old 2008-03-06, 02:41   Link #54
Jays

Haha Seriously?

Like I thought the sensorship laws here in North America were bad, but it looks like Japan is catching up quick!

You can have women with tits the size of watermelons taking showers, and it's ok to show everything as long as you don't get a nipple in there or down there. But something as trivial is this gets sensored?

Bleach is starting just isn't as cool as it once was anymore.
Old 2008-03-06, 02:41   Link #55
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Spoiler for orihime abilities:
Old 2008-03-06, 02:51   Link #56
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Maybe we'll get it "uncut" in the DvDs like they did with some of the early Higurashi scenes
Old 2008-03-06, 15:56   Link #57
kagato3

Problem is how they censored it they ended up majorly changeing what was going on there. The way it plays out in the anime it seems almost as if Orihime has given in to Azein while you could tell she was resisting them in the manga.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-03-06, 18:58   Link #58
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
you're right, the same thing happened when Sado went against Noitorra

btw, I find it kind of funny that it seems to be "ok" if an arrow hits you in your chest/stomach, but it's not "ok" when it pierces through your throat

Spoiler for egads...let save some space:
]
You know...I kept wondering why that looked weird and I didn't remember it

Why? Why?! how could they edit Orihime's beatdown and make so MILD!!!!

CENSORSHIP SHOULD DIE!
Old 2008-03-06, 19:04   Link #59
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Problem is how they censored it they ended up majorly changeing what was going on there. The way it plays out in the anime it seems almost as if Orihime has given in to Azein while you could tell she was resisting them in the manga.
I was actually talking mainly about the Menoly healing scene.
Old 2008-03-13, 12:41   Link #60
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
I wanted to see Loly beg and plead, while Grimm mercilessly snapped her leg in two . But the censoring this episode was fine........they emphasized the gruesomeness of the cannibalism enough.
Closed Thread