AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-03-10, 00:23   Link #641
longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Pff, we humans may kill each other now, but if those from another plane of existence came, you could bet we would unite. Just think of an alliance that consisted of the PLA, US, Russian, and EU...

And if they think they are going to use the vehicles that came from our time years ago..lolz.

The Tiger II was a beast...sisty years ago. Now the old Soviet T-72s could waste them.

It would be a massacre if they tried to fight our plane of existence. While magic is great and all, our technology would rape. An ICBM wouldn't even be needed. Just use a few Daisy Cutters or Cluster Bombs and its all over.

That is one reason I kinda hope we will have an alien invasion. It would unite us. I mean sure we would probably all be killed or turned into slaves, but for one brief moment in our history, we could honestly say the human race was united as one, lol.

if you wanna see something like this look up a game called Universe at war earth assault..yeah we werent united but at half of us are still alive at the end of the game...i think
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 00:50   Link #642
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Spoiler for Off Topic, trying to reduce space:

Last edited by TigerII; 2008-03-10 at 08:27.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 09:14   Link #643
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

I just finish translating another part of volume 2/chapter 5. And I am curious because I am not sure I am wording it right
:
Spoiler for Translator's own curosity:
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 09:40   Link #644
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
I just finish translating another part of volume 2/chapter 5. And I am curious because I am not sure I am wording it right
:
Spoiler for Translator's own curosity:
First off all the official translation thats being used by Baka-Tsuki is Wardes not Walde.

Second since your asking this question i'm guessing you didn't see the ZnT anime.

Third if you finish reading volume 2 you'll know why Wardes seems like a pedo, he has a very particular reason for wanting to marry Louise so quickly, and it's not because of her looks.

And I agree with you Kirche does seem like the type of woman your mom would warn you about, though if I met a girl like Kirche in real life
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 10:32   Link #645
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
First off all the official translation thats being used by Baka-Tsuki is Wardes not Walde.

Second since your asking this question i'm guessing you didn't see the ZnT anime.

Third if you finish reading volume 2 you'll know why Wardes seems like a pedo, he has a very particular reason for wanting to marry Louise so quickly, and it's not because of her looks.

And I agree with you Kirche does seem like the type of woman your mom would warn you about, though if I met a girl like Kirche in real life
I am still watching the anime, pretty slow though.

The Chinese translation was something like Dee-Lor-De. As regarding the volume itself, I could translate it faster but I also want to play my video games (all other time devoted to studies and other stuff)

And I met a girl like Kirche in real life too, but she cleaned up her life before I got my "rotation"
Old 2008-03-10, 23:35   Link #646
Matt122005

Part 3 of Ch. 1 of Vol. 5 is now on Baka-Tsuki.

Enjoy.

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 00:00   Link #647
longshot

hey guys i know its a longshot, but with the discussion about the world gate an all with our side pawning the halkegnia in case they are stupid enough to attack us what do you think or rather how do you think saito will come back to halkegnia if he really did go back home.....
actually better question is if he is indeed home how will his landing be when he teleports/gets summoned back..
1. drops outta nowhere gunz blazing with an automatic weapon
2. drops on a guy/monster about to kill louise
3. drops down sword swinging (if he has one)
4. or my favorite (most unlikely gonna happen) drops back with a fully loaded m1 abrams tank on something
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 09:41   Link #648
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
hey guys i know its a longshot, but with the discussion about the world gate an all with our side pawning the halkegnia in case they are stupid enough to attack us what do you think or rather how do you think saito will come back to halkegnia if he really did go back home.....
actually better question is if he is indeed home how will his landing be when he teleports/gets summoned back..
1. drops outta nowhere gunz blazing with an automatic weapon
2. drops on a guy/monster about to kill louise
3. drops down sword swinging (if he has one)
4. or my favorite (most unlikely gonna happen) drops back with a fully loaded m1 abrams tank on something
Well I doubt the world gate will actually lead an invading army to earth, that is at best, an long shot.

As for if he get summoned back...well, knowing our luck, some things might happen.

1) Saito didn't end up home, and instead end up somewhere bizzare like the future, see Hegrinka fall into ruin and run back desperately trying to prevent the end of the world.

2) Saito go home, his story ends (highly unlikely, I seen some author pull it off, but most fail utterly and anger the fan base to revolt, since 99% of the book is about him in a magic world, losing that prospective is a pain. If the author really wanted to do that he could done it when Saito was 70,000ing the Albion army, but then like the Golden Compass, it might be his story ends)

3) Saito goes home, Louise get into some mondo bad danger and scream for his name. Get summoned back into this world. Hopefully while not doing something inconvenient like in a shower

And regardless what he show up, I am sure he will have what he needs. I am more curious if Saito take one of the girls to his world or he lived here for good.
Old 2008-03-14, 00:14   Link #649
Matt122005

Volume 5 chapter 1 part 4 (which will finally complete chapter 1) is coming out very soon.

Volume 5 chapter 2 part 1 should be out around Sunday.

Hope you guys appreciate these releases, we do all that we do for the fans.

-Matt
Old 2008-03-14, 00:59   Link #650
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Volume 5 chapter 1 part 4 (which will finally complete chapter 1) is coming out very soon.

Volume 5 chapter 2 part 1 should be out around Sunday.

Hope you guys appreciate these releases, we do all that we do for the fans.

-Matt
I would like to thank you all for your hard work.
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 02:19   Link #651
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

-Matt
Just one thing to note, that the translation for this chapter will be slightly delayed because there is something I need to translate before it.
Sorry to all fans that want to read the chapter~

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 02:47   Link #652
Matt122005

Oh..... *begins to wheep*

What is the other thing you need to translate?

-Matt
Old 2008-03-14, 02:49   Link #653
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Oh..... *begins to wheep*

What is the other thing you need to translate?

-Matt
Umineko no Naku Koro ni manga. A new chapter only comes out every two-three months though.
So after I finish the new chapter, I'll be able to get back to ZnT's novels.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 08:07   Link #654
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Umineko no Naku Koro ni manga. A new chapter only comes out every two-three months though.
So after I finish the new chapter, I'll be able to get back to ZnT's novels.
YA! me happy

Keep up the good work.

So...what chapter are you gong to translate after that one???
Old 2008-03-14, 16:42   Link #655
Matt122005

I would hope ch. 3, since Veritful has taken ch. 2
Old 2008-03-14, 16:55   Link #656
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Do we see vertiful on regsitered page? Nope, so chapter 2 is free.

And dont need to say that he will. No one can guarantee, ones intentions might be the best but sometimes poeple just do not find the time and the chapters that were regsitered to them start to rot. Juts look at 3 volume chapter 1 or volume 2 ch 5 (that was picked up now) or ch 8.

So yeah, ch 2 is free and no one has taken it so far.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 17:38   Link #657
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Do we see vertiful on regsitered page? Nope, so chapter 2 is free.

And dont need to say that he will. No one can guarantee, ones intentions might be the best but sometimes poeple just do not find the time and the chapters that were regsitered to them start to rot. Juts look at 3 volume chapter 1 or volume 2 ch 5 (that was picked up now) or ch 8.

So yeah, ch 2 is free and no one has taken it so far.
Yeah..i'm still waiting for someone to pick up, and translate Volume 3 chapter 1 and 3, then I can read up till the end of Volume 3.
Old 2008-03-14, 18:29   Link #658
Matt122005

Um, last I checked Veritful IS on the registration page for ch. 2. I added him only a day or two ago. He has the majoirty of Ch.2 part 1 done and said he'll send it to me to upload to the wiki on Sunday.

-Matt
Old 2008-03-14, 19:38   Link #659
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Um, last I checked Veritful IS on the registration page for ch. 2. I added him only a day or two ago. He has the majoirty of Ch.2 part 1 done and said he'll send it to me to upload to the wiki on Sunday.

-Matt
...So Vertiful i officially a translator... Yay more chapters to read for me

EDIT: Sorry Matt but u Failzerz nobody is cuyrrently registered for Volume 5 Chapter 2.
Old 2008-03-14, 19:42   Link #660
gugumomu
the hedgehog

so we're getting again new stuff to read? that is always good news. thank you Darknemo2000 for chapter 9 of volume 2, it's one of my favorites so far. cant wait for chapter 1 of volume 4, i want to see everyones reaction when they get face to face and the secret behind the defeat of the Albions army is lifted. i hope Louise gets some well deserved gratitude and respekt from the Queen, so her not-so-good confidence in herself gets a boost.
by the way, Seven Seas Entertainments release of volume 1 will become a looooong wait: Zero's Familiar: Volume One Street Date: December 2008

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen