Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-19, 08:15   Link #241
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochibi77 View Post
Does anyone knows if saizen is still doing this series?
Yes, we are.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 09:22   Link #242
poptart
come tess me now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scab View Post
Yes, we are.
oh thank god.

the quality of saizen subs are the best to me. i've been hoping to have the whole series by you guys.

thank you for your hard work.

*is excited*
poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 05:53   Link #243
ochibi77

Glad to hear it XD

Thank you ^^
ochibi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 18:58   Link #244
XiaNaphryz

Quick question about ep 26...this occurs in the year earlier, correct? Since Haruna's one year ahead of Abe and crew...
XiaNaphryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 19:56   Link #245
eris_sama

I'd like to add my thanks to Saizen subbing this excellent series.
But I haven't seen the last few eps yet since I prefer the Divx/avi files (they play on my TV DVD player). Will they be available in that format?
eris_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 23:45   Link #246
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz View Post
Quick question about ep 26...this occurs in the year earlier, correct? Since Haruna's one year ahead of Abe and crew...

Yes, this is before Abe and friends on Nishiura. It's based on a story you could call a "pilot" manga episode.

Heibi
Central Anime
Heibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 21:18   Link #247
eris_sama

Oh my I'm an idiot. Thanks to CENTRAL ANIME! I think I had Saizen for the first eps but then switched because of the avi format.
Old 2008-03-24, 23:48   Link #248
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

We're about to redo 1-23 in wide-screen now that we can. Awaiting some minor settings for the karaoke.

Heibi
Central Anime
Heibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 22:27   Link #249
Josidhe

I was just looking this up to see if any new eps were out, and here I find out it's over. I really enjoyed this show, as something I could watch in any mood, at any time. Here's hoping for more seasons, for a story that deserves it.

Still remember cracking up over all the little things, like the one opponent's pep band playing X Japan's Kurenai, haw.
Josidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 15:42   Link #250
cmanimevids3000
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via AIM to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via MSN to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via Yahoo to cmanimevids3000
I know most peoples are fans of subbed anime here, but I am trying to work on a dub of episode 2 of Oofuri and would love some help scripting if anyone is interested in helping on the project just pm me ^_^
cmanimevids3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 12:32   Link #251
falloutgal
Madao

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmanimevids3000 View Post
I know most peoples are fans of subbed anime here, but I am trying to work on a dub of episode 2 of Oofuri and would love some help scripting if anyone is interested in helping on the project just pm me ^_^
Oh wow, I can't believe you're attempting to dub this! Oofuri has so many characters, who are you getting to play them all? Friends or just fellow fans? Have you actually got someone who can do Mihashi justice? I mean, it's gotta be hard playing a total wimp, yet making him a totally lovable wimp at the same time ^_^ Ah well, good luck anyway!
falloutgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 13:02   Link #252
cmanimevids3000
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via AIM to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via MSN to cmanimevids3000 Send a message via Yahoo to cmanimevids3000
CAST
--------------------------
(Main Characters)
--------------------------
Mihashi - Adam Serato
Abe - Cody Savoie
Hanai - Pfillip Tepper
Tajima - Corey Maddox (me)
Maria Momoe - Mindy Owen
Shiga-sensei - Robert Sciglimpaglia

-----------------------------
(Minor Characters)
-----------------------------
Sakaeguchi - Bryan Previte
Mizutani - Shawn Gage
Izumi - Dennis Toledo
Nishihiro - Nick Trutner
Suyama - Scott Florence
Oki - Rick Jao
Chiyo - Allyson Robles

Here's a sample of my Tajima, though it's only 1 line:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/coreymaddox/videos/2/

They are all friends of mine from online I know through the Voice Acting Alliance.
Old 2008-06-05, 02:51   Link #253
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Just finished watching this series, I really enjoyed it. At first, Mihashi kinda annoyed me because he seemed like a coward, but he quickly grew on me. His mannerisms make him quite the unique focal character, so it was great to watch a personality I haven't really seen. What I like most about this series is that their opponents don't feel like "enemies" or antagonists, but feel like they're the same as them[the team], and that's a BIG plus for me. Also love all the meta-games they play on each other, which is something I don't really see in other sports animes. Even though a single game takes several episodes, it still feels like it's paced very well. I would've like to see some bit of romance(Shinooka? Ruri?), but it isn't needed yet. Besides Mihashi isn't the type to worry about girls .

The only thing I didn't like about this series is the last ep(26). I pretty much skipped it. I don't know Haruna, but I don't like him. I sure he has his reasons, but I guess I just hate his elitist attitude. Instead of showing him, they could have used the episode to show anyone else, heck I'd rather see Kawai and Jun's past motivations moreso than Haruna.

Hopefully, we'll see a second season, cuz the translated manga is starting to go beyond the anime. I'm still gonna wait for another season though, because the way the story progresses it just too good.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 10:28   Link #254
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post

The only thing I didn't like about this series is the last ep(26). I pretty much skipped it. I don't know Haruna, but I don't like him. I sure he has his reasons, but I guess I just hate his elitist attitude. Instead of showing him, they could have used the episode to show anyone else, heck I'd rather see Kawai and Jun's past motivations moreso than Haruna.

Hopefully, we'll see a second season, cuz the translated manga is starting to go beyond the anime. I'm still gonna wait for another season though, because the way the story progresses it just too good.
Actually, his attitude is explained in Ep 26. It isn't actually elitist.

I'm hoping for a second season as well.
Old 2008-06-16, 23:22   Link #255
eris_sama

Does anyone have spoilers from the manga? I can't wait for a second season!
Do we find out anything about Maria's past or motivations?
I was also wondering why Abe was also playing soccer. Doesn't soccer and baseball have the same seasons? Considering how much training Maria makes them do, how does he have time for another sport?
Old 2008-06-16, 23:47   Link #256
poptart
come tess me now!!

i'm gonna ask a question i'm sure will make me feel stupid once i get the answer but....

who is Maria?
poptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 01:15   Link #257
jpwong

It's Momoe's first name (The manager)
Old 2008-06-17, 16:27   Link #258
falloutgal
Madao

Quote:
Originally Posted by eris_sama View Post
Does anyone have spoilers from the manga? I can't wait for a second season!
Do we find out anything about Maria's past or motivations?
I was also wondering why Abe was also playing soccer. Doesn't soccer and baseball have the same seasons? Considering how much training Maria makes them do, how does he have time for another sport?
There are scanlations out for the manga for about a volume after where the anime ends so you could read for yourself

If you're asking about Abe playing soccer in ep 25 - it's some kind of sports day at school, I assume, it's not another club activity.
falloutgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 18:01   Link #259
cmanimevids3000
*Fansubber

I just read up on the manga, omg! They should have used the end of chapter 16 as a fucking cliffhanger for a season 2. Haha.
Old 2008-06-17, 21:59   Link #260
eris_sama

I'll read the newer chapters, but does the manga develop the characters' backgrounds more or is the anime pretty much the same as the manga?
I was reading about the chars on wickipedia and wondered if all the info about the families was from the manga.
I like writing/reading fanfiction but there's only BL stories based on this series. Nothing wrong with that, but I wished to see other stuff too. I wrote a short drabble, but anything longer requires more notes and research.

Tags
baseball, seinen, sports